Chapter 13 - More Powerful Than Ever

CHAPTER 13 - MORE POWERFUL THAN EVER

************************************************************************************************************

 Knocking on Avery's door bolted her up right suddenly. She was ready for anything after the revelations of the previous night. Avery looked to the left of her bed and the right when the knocking came again. She needed a weapon. With nothing else close by, Avery took hold of a candelabra and slowly tip-toed to the door. Another sudden knock on her door made her jump but she walked closer and closer. She took hold of the door-knob and was about to turn the door when...BANG! The door opened up on her and hit her in the face. Avery fell to the floor in pain and rubbed her cheek. She looked up with teary eyes and could make out a figure of someone. 

"Avery! I'm so sorry! The door was stuck and I was afraid something had happened to you! Oh please tell me you are okay?" Alex said running to Avery's side. He helped her up and examined her injuries and when her tears had gone and her cheek had gone numb, Avery pushed Alex away from her.

"Alex! How could you? I was going to open the door, you know? And it wasn't stuck, I locked it! My cheek hurts and its bleeding, you imbecile!" Avery yelled at Alex. Alex couldn't help but laugh at her sudden out-burst and Avery stormed out of the room, believing him to be disrespectful.

"Avery! Wait, I'm sorry," Alex called after her and he followed her out of the room. Avery continued walking down the passage-way and Alex ran every now and again to catch up to her. For someone who had just been hit in the face, she was very fast. Alex called for her again and this time Avery turned around finally after ignoring him. 

"Alex, leave me alone! You hurt me and you're not doing anything about it, so leave me be! I'll fix it myself!" Avery walked backwards down the passage way unaware that someone was heading her way. 

"Uhm.. Avery..." Alex called but Avery ignored him and upon turning around she banged right into Dylan and he caught her fall. Avery looked up at him and became completely mesmerized by his eyes, she forgot about her injury.

"Avery? Are you okay? What happened to your face?" Dylan said as Avery stood again. He took her chin with his thumb and index finger and turned her head so her injured cheek faced him.

"She got hit by a door," Alex said as he walked over to the royals.

"No, I was hit by a door which you violently kicked open having no patience for me to open the door which was locked!" Avery corrected Alex and he started to laugh again,

"What's so funny, Alex?" Avery said placing her hands on her hips. He was really pushing her buttons now. 

"Nothing, its just I can't take you seriously with a big scar down your face," Alex said through laughs. Avery felt her cheeks burn and she glared at Alex with daggers. Next to her, she heard Dylan snickering as well and she looked at both men with disgust before walking off down the passageway.

"Avery wait!" Dylan called after her. However, he was faster so he took hold of Avery and stood in front of her. He was still smiling and Avery crossed her arms against her chest.

"Look, I'm sorry and I'm sure Alex is too. But come with me and we'll see if mother can fix it," Dylan said taking Avery's hand and gently tugging her towards him. She nodded her head and followed the prince. Dylan and Avery laughed and joked about the matter, unaware that a green-eyed monster was standing right behind them...