Enchanted

By ElenaRose18

Princess Avery of Carcassone, lived a simple royal life. But when she finds a mysterious box that leads to a... More

Enchanted (Completed)
Chapter 1 - The Mysterious Box
Chapter 2 - Accepting the Truth
Chapter 3 - Betrothed
Chapter 4 - Treason
Chapter 5 - Imprisoned
Chapter 6 - Going Back
Chapter 7 - A Princess Can Do Better
Chapter 8 - The Plan
Chapter 9 - Hide and Seek
Chapter 10 - The Princess and the Pauper
Chapter 11 - Changes
Chapter 12 - Revelations
Chapter 13 - More Powerful Than Ever
Chapter 14 - Halfway There
Chapter 15 - Help From a Likely Source
Chapter 16 - Traitor
Chapter 17 - Deceived By One Of Our Own
Chapter 18 - Scream
Chapter 19 - Letting Go and Looking Forward
Chapter 20 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 22 - The Sacrafice
Chapter 23 - Reunited
Chapter 24 - Forever Mine
Chapter 25 - Celebrations
Chapter 26 - Revenge
Chapter 27 - Late, Last Night
Chapter 28 - The Dilemma
Chapter 29 - It's Time
Chapter 30 - I'll Never Leave You...
Chapter 31 - The Great Battle Part 1
Chapter 32 - The Great Battle Part 2
Chapter 33 - The Great Battle Part 3
Chapter 34 - I'll Always Remember You...
Chapter 35 - The Happy Ending

Chapter 21 - Supernatural Princess

111 1 0
By ElenaRose18

CHAPTER 21 - SUPERNATURAL PRINCESS

************************************************************************************************************

Avery sat, completely gob-smacked as Duchess Eleanor's words settled. Or, Duchess Marigold? Avery was so confused. If this lady really was Marigold, she had to prove it!

"How do I know you are not telling tales?" Avery said confidently, finally having the courage to speak.

"I beg your pardon?" Eleanor said and Avery raised her eye-brows.

"Prove it. Prove to me, right now, that you are Duchess Marigold of Enchanted," Avery ordered the lady before her. Eleanor stared at Avery with confusion but shrugged her shoulders. She pointed one finger out to her and a blue glow illuminated the carriage and due to the brightness, Avery closed her eyes. 

Opening them, Avery gasped. She was back in Enchanted, or at least the underwater kingdom. Avery looked down at herself and saw she was a mermaid and she could feel the water on her. Swimming to the main underwater city and everything came rolling back as if she was there again. She smiled as all of the mermaids greeted her through mind messages. Avery swam with a dolphin and played with some clown fish. They all suddenly swam away and Avery started to follow them, but something stopped her. A muscular hand wrapped around her waist. Avery stopped still and turned her head, slowly. Her eyes opened wide when she realized she was staring into the eyes of Dylan. Avery smiled, suddenly missing him. And Dylan didn't say a word but kissed her, long and hard. Avery kissed him back and for awhile they were enveloped in each other's embrace. The kiss was broken off and as Avery backed away, she opened her eyes, shocked at what she saw. Alex was staring back at her...

"Believe me now?" Avery heard Eleanor's voice ringing in the background and Avery shook her head, closing her eyes. Upon opening them, she was back in the carriage. She stared at the lady sitting in front of her.

"It really is you," Was all Avery could get out of her mouth. Eleanor nodded just as the carriage came to an abrupt stop. Avery turned her attention to the door, when she heard the guard walk over to it.

"Princess, are you ready to come out?" Avery heard the guards's muffled voice from the other side.

"Please wait," Avery said still looking at Eleanor. She heard the guard clear his throat as he walked away from the carriage. Avery let out a sigh of relief before she turned her attention back to the duchess.

"Duchess Eleanor..."Avery started.

"Duchess Marigold, please," Marigold interrupted and Avery smiled back before she continued.

"Duchess Marigold. Now is not the best time for us to have this talk. Its my best friend's wedding, your son's wedding. We cannot have a supernatural talk when the pope and viscount and other high titled people are here. Your son, where is he?" 

"He's waiting for me in the near-by inn. The wedding cannot start until he arrives at the altar and according to everyone, me and him are not there yet," Marigold said, in an almost whisper. Footsteps outside the door made Avery whisper.

"I'll meet you at this inn and I'll bring Alex along. You can tell us everything there. Promise?" Avery said and Marigold nodded in agreement. 

Suddenly, Avery's carriage door flew open. The guard stared at Avery in surprise and Avery stared back. 

"Princess, your parents are asking for you," The guard said and when the guard put his hand out for Avery, she turned her attention to the seat in front of her, realizing that it was empty. Letting out a sigh of relief, she took hold of the guard's hand and was helped out of the carriage. Avery walked to where her parents stood with Olivia and her family.

"Avery, the groom has not yet arrived! So we are heading to the Viscount's house for awhile. You can come with us, or see that inn over there..." Avery followed where her father was pointing. Avery nodded in agreement before her father spoke again. "Some of the guards and maids are going to eat some food. Since you didn't eat breakfast and you are the maid of honour, I thought maybe you can go over there and eat. And besides, we will be talking about your wedding, secrets you cannot know..." King Anton said in a smile. Avery shuddered as those two words were said again. Her father stared at her, waiting for a response. Avery nodded and as they were waking off her mother turned around.

"Avery, please don't stroll off. We're only letting you stay here because there are guards so please stay with them." Queen Arielle said and Avery smiled with a nod. She waved her parents off and when she was sure they were gone, she ran to the inn. Inside, were guards and maids and upon seeing her they all bowed or curtsied. Avery just nodded her head for them them to stop and searched frantically for Alex.

"Have you seen Alex?" 

"Alex? Have you seen?"

"You haven't seen the horseman, Alex have you?"

Avery couldn't find him anywhere and slumped in to the nearest chair. She let out a frustrated sigh. The one time she actually needed him, he was no-where to be seen. A shaky old woman walked over to Avery.

"Que voulez-vous? Pain aux fruits, vin epice ou autre chose?" The old lady said in a thick French accent. Avery chose some spiced wine and a croissant and the lady bought her food instantly. Avery slowly started to eat her food.

As Avery threw back some wine, she noticed Alex come in from the main doors of the inn. He looked almost agitated. He went over to an empty table and sat down. The shaky old lady walked over to him and he ordered some food, slightly flirting with her. Avery smiled and shook her head. Typical Alex. The lady returned with some food and Alex tucked in. After finishing her meal, Avery walked over to Alex and he stopped eating to look at her

"Can I help you?" He said with frowned eye-brows. Avery looked over at the guards and saw they were too occupied with the ladies over the counter and the maids were no-where to be seen. Alex went back to eating but Avery grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the back of the inn.  to an empty box room. She closed the door not before lighting the candle that was in there. 

"Avery! I was busy eating you know!" Alex said slightly annoyed and Avery placed a hand over his mouth. She smiled, happy that he was at least talking to her again like a friend, instead of a castle hand. 

"I've found her," Avery said quickly. Alex's eyes widened and Avery slowly dropped her hand.

"Found her? Found who?" Alex said in a slight whisper. 

"Duchess Marigold. I've found her, or she found me," Avery said as she leaned against the wall. Alex did too and shook his head.

"Well, where is she?" Alex said and Avery stood up straight again and shrugged her shoulder.

"She told me to meet her here and that's why I didn't go to the viscount's house," Avery said and Alex shook his head smiling.

"What's so funny?" Avery said smiling with him

"You haven't found her, have you? Is this just a way to get me to talk to you again?" Alex said with a slightly angered face, making Avery's smile drop.

"No! Alex, no! I've found her! She was in my carriage!" Avery said defensively and Alex clapped his hands.

"Really? Because I prepped those carriages and got all of the horses ready and how come I didn't see her?" Alex said as he stopped clapping. Avery felt tears coming to her eyes.

"Alex, I'm not lying!" Avery cried out, holding back her tears. 

The two argued, trying to prove each other's points, unaware that the room was shifting. Grass started to grow and the walls had roses growing on them. Alex stopped arguing and looked around him, and when Avery realized he had stopped, she noticed the room change too. It was moving and growing all around them. The door creaked and Alex slowly opened it, wide. Avery's eyes opened wide in shock. She noticed that they were standing near a cliff and the place was decorated like wedding. Avery smiled at the beauty of the place. Below the cliff, the sea crashed and sprayed water everywhere. The altar stood tall and proud with a candle and sword on it. A floral arch was decorated with white roses, hyacinths and ribbons of silk in different shades of purple. The benches or pews were also decorated with purple ribbon of silk. There were floral arrangements on columns running down the walkway to the altar. Avery smiled, knowing Olivia would love. 

"So, what do you think?" A angelic voice said and Avery and Alex turned there heads to the right to see Duchess Marigold leaning on the arch. Avery smiled, realizing it was actually her.

"It is you," Avery said so timidly and the duchess nodded in agreement.

"I did tell you that," The duchess said with a smile. Avery and Alex laughed  and cried tears of joy. They'd completed their quest, they had succeeded and they were so happy! Avery and Alex unknowingly hugged and Marigold cleared their throat.

"Let me introduce my son, known in this world as Lord Brandon but in Enchanted Lord Troy," Marigold said as she moved her hand to the left of her. A young man walked out and he was smiling. He was wearing a formal suit. He had on a cloak, rimmed in fur and he had a sword on his golden belt. He had a feathered hat on and Avery smiled at his appearance.

"So you're the famous Troy, I've been hearing about?" Avery said as she walked over to him and he bowed to her. He took her hand and kissed it and Avery smiled at his sweet gesture.

"Yes, and you must be the famous Avery, mother keeps talking about," Troy said as he turned his attention to his mother and she smiled and Avery laughed nodding in agreement.

"I'm sure you've met or heard of Alex?" Avery said as she put out her hand for Alex to take. He took it with a smile and he bowed to the Lord.

"Yes, I've met him but his name was Marco and he didn't look like my cousin, Prince Dylan," Troy said as he shook his hand.

"Queen Clarissa gave me an antidote that changed his appearance and for some reason he turned into Dylan's doppelganger," Avery said laughing. All four of them laughed as if everything was perfect and when they stopped Avery broke the silence in confidence.

"So, what next?" Avery said with a smile. 

"Well, Troy and Olivia must marry," Marigold stated and Avery's smile dropped.

"Why?" Avery asked suddenly concerned.

"Well, if we drop out of this wedding know, people will talk and Olivia's status will be worse than what it is right now," Marigold said as she plucked a flower from the floral arrangement.

"And then what?" Avery nodded.

"We leave. All of us flee, back to Enchanted, with Olivia and Argon will come for us but he will not know where we are..." Marigold was interrupted by Avery's sudden outburst.

"With Olivia? No, we cannot take her! I don't want her to get involved, She's already been through too much!" Avery replied quickly in almost anger. Marigold frowned and walked over to the princess.

"Argon knows of the marriage, so if we leave Olivia, he'll keep her hostage until he gets what he wants and even then we cannot guarantee she'll survive. Please, Princess, believe me. I've planned this from day one so you must trust me," Marigold as she removed a stray strand of hair form Avery's face. She smiled at her face and then walked over to the altar, where her son stood. Avery nodded and Marigold smiled. 

"Good, then its settled. You'll take us back to the castle and we'll return to Enchanted the way you got there," Marigold announced and that's when Avery panicked. Marigold noticed her expression. "Is something wrong?"

Avery stuttered to get the words out and Alex noticed her struggle.

"Duchess Marigold. I'm afraid we have problem when it comes to returning to Enchanted. You see, while there, Avery was convicted of treason in a plot to remove her from the kingdom. She cannot return ever again and the Enchanted box has disappeared so we have no way of getting back..." Alex's voice trailed off when he saw Marigold's disappointed look.

"Well then, there's another way but..." Her voice was cut off from a trumpet from the distance. Avery and Alex turned there heads quickly to the inn and saw that people were gathering. The ceremony was starting! Avery and Alex looked at each other before turning their attention back to Marigold and Troy who had turned into their disguises. Avery let out a sigh of relief and nodded her head to Alex. The two of them ran to the wedding party that were waiting at the inn.

"Mother! Father!" Avery said breathlessly. Arielle frowned at her daughter.

"Avery Athena Genevieve Liliane Renaldi! Where did you disappear to after everything I said to you!" Arielle shouted at her daughter and Avery raised her eyebrows. Her parents had never addressed her using all of her names before. She smiled but her mother continued to frown.

"I went to see where the ceremony was going to take place and I just met Lord Tr...Brandon and his mother, Duchess Eleanor. They arrived not long ago and I was just keeping them company until you arrived," Avery exclaimed and her mother's frown loosened. She then glared at Alex and Avery noticed her gaze and what was coming.

"Alex, was watching over me. I had sneaked out and he'd noticed. He said he'd call a guard to watch me but I said no and that he could stay and watch me," Avery explained and her mother smiled at Alex instead. He walked away after bowing to the royal family. Avery smiled at him before being dragged by her mother to stand in front of Olivia.

"Now, remember, to not walk too slowly or too fast," Arielle whispered into her daughter's ear and Avery nodded in agreement. All around her, people prepared themselves to walk with the bridal party, her mother and father walked in first, followed by the pope, followed by the viscount and his family and then the flower girls, the page boy and then it was the bride's turn. Avery felt Olivia lean forward and whisper into her ear.

"Show-time," Avery heard joy and nervousness in Olivia's voice, so she turned to face her and smiled back. The wedding march started and Avery started to walk.

Left, right, left, Avery paced herself carefully as she didn't want to mess up today of all days. She walked, head high, and smiling as everyone 'oooo-ed' and 'aahh-ed' the maid of honour and the beautiful bride behind her. They arrived at the altar and Olivia's hand was handed over to Brandon. He took it with a smile. Avery stood behind Olivia who faced Brandon. Captain Kevin took his seat in the front row and the ceremony started. 

Avery felt herself smiling though the entire ceremony as she saw how happy the two people in front of her were. Looking down at the crowds, her mother and father held hands and smiled, holding back tears and so did Olivia's parents. Eleanor was seated next to them and she had her hands tied together  and she was leaning on them, smiling. She noticed Avery's gaze and winked at her. Avery winked back and she then noticed Alex in the back. He was smiling at her and she smiled back. Everything was perfect, Avery thought as she breathed out a happy breath. 

"Princess, can you hold the bible for me please?" The archbishop said and Avery smiled and nodded in agreement. She took hold of the bible, just as a sword flew through the air and flew right above Avery's head. It landed in the sea below them and everyone turned there attention to where it came from.

Everyone turned there head to see behind them, a man with curly black hair, a smart tunic and shirt and voluminous pantaloons. He was wearing broad boots and a cloak as well as a belt with another sword on. 

"Duke Destrey..." Eleanor muttered but Avery heard her. Her father must've too, because he looked at the Duchess before turning his attention back to Destrey.

"Duke Destrey, now is not the time for this!" King Anton called as he pulled his wife behind him.

"Yes it is! I mean, it is my son's wedding right?" He turned his attention to Eleanor who slowly looked down. People gasped and murmurs and mutters erupted the ceremony.

"You're his father?" Anton said and Destrey let out a evil laugh.

"Of course I am! He is, however an illegitimate child. Now this wedding can never take place," He said with a sly smile. The arch-bishop and pope ran to have a confrontation of the situation.

"Destrey! This is not the time and place! It is your son's wedding so why can't you just shut up and sit down? Why do you have to be so melodramatic?" Eleanor shouted over the murmurs. She slowly walked towards Destrey but he took hold of her and spun her arm around her back. He held a sword to her neck and everyone jumped up suddenly.

"Let her go!" Brandon ordered but Destrey threw a sword at him. Brandon caught it effortlessly, making Destrey's smile fade. He frowned at his son and threw Eleanor to the floor. He held his sword up. The guards prepared for the worst as did Brandon who had forcefully pushed Avery and Olivia behind him. Avery noticed Alex had disappeared but then saw him standing, with his own sword next to Brandon. Destrey was smiling.

"You! What are you doing here?" Destrey's voice echoed in the empty air. 

"I was invited to the wedding, unlike you," Alex said with a wicked smile. He raised his eyebrows to the Duke who let out a echoing laugh.

"I can come. He is my son! Who are you to tell me I cannot come? There again, I guess you are me..." Destrey cackled and Avery gasped.

"Alex, what does he mean by that?" Avery asked, as she backed away from Alex.

"Nothing! He's just playing games!" Alex cried defensively.

"Deny it all you like, but you are the real reason I'm able to come to this land. Now all I need is the princess..."

"Over my dead body!" Alex yelled and Destrey let out a sinister laugh.

"That can be arranged. But for now, I have other things to deal with..." Destrey replied evily. "You!" He called pointing his sword at Avery. "I have a bone to pick with you. Did you really think you can out-smart me? Your powerful Avery. More powerful then I've ever known or seen. I need that power."

"Avery, what is he talking about?" Olivia said frantically. Everyone's gaze was now on Avery, even the arch-bishop and pope's, who were now being held hostage.

"Tell them, Princess Avery. Tell them who you really are!" Destrey's voice echoed louder and harder and when Avery didn't move, despite Olivia's persuasion, Destrey let out a cackling laugh.

"Don't talk. I'll gladly show them all!" Destrey's voice echoed and started to fade as did he. Slowly he started to melt and Avery felt her eyes open wide with surprise. He faded away and in his place stood a tall, muscular man. He had long black hair and a cape over his back. No shirt but he had on a belt that carried a sword, despite already carrying one. Avery stopped dead in her tracks when she heard Brandon and Alex say the words.

"King Argon."

Avery let out a little scream when Brandon and Alex started to melt away too. Avery and Olivia slowly moved back as the two men turned to face them Olivia hid her face in Avery's shoulder and Avery slowly raised a hand to her mouth. She closed her eyes for short period of time and when she opened them again, before her stood Lord Troy and Marco. They turned to the crowd and everyone gasped. Avery moved slowly forward and noticed the same had happened to Duchess Eleanor, who was no longer her golden haired self. Avery gasped at what had just happened when suddenly she heard the pope shout something.

"Witch-craft! He's a warlock and they are his minions! Capture them quickly!" The pope's croaky yet strong voice shouted and suddenly guards ran from all directions. Argon put his finger out at them, shaking it left to right.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," He said and the guards stopped, looking at each other in confusion. Suddenly, Argon smashed his sword into the ground and a big crack appeared. All those standing on the crack fell into the earth, but everyone fell to the ground, because of the impact. Avery heard Olivia's cries.

"Avery! What is happening?" Olivia cried and Avery slowly shook her head, still in shock.

Marco and Troy got up helping the girls up too. Marigold stood next to them now and Avery stood next to her. Olivia was still hiding behind them, as Avery had begged her too. 

"Enough Argon! This has gone too far!" Marigold shouted and Argon just laughed. 

"Not just yet! I have to do something Something I said I'd do before destroyed all of you!" Argon said seriously. All around, people were held captive by Argon's helpers and Avery had noticed her parents were also captured. They panicked, hoping nothing would happen to their daughter and Avery called for them, tears prickling. 

Argon spoke a few foreign words and two demons arrived carrying two cages. The cages were opened and Edith and Dennis were pulled out, terrified.

"Remember these two? Well they have no use to me anymore, as not only did they fail me, but they blew our cover," He said as Edith and Dennis were forced to kneel in front of him. They were tied up and were shaking with fear. Edith was whimpering as Argon sharpened his sword. 

"Say your prayers, Edith and Dennis!" Argon said with a smile. He pulled his sword back, and quickly decapitated both of them, with one strike. There were screams from everywhere as the two heads fell to the floor and blood spurred everywhere. Avery screamed out too and Argon turned his attention to her.

"Enjoy it? Well, your next!" Argon said as he lunged himself forward. Avery didn't think of her next move she just put her hands up in surrender, quickly and closed her eyes. She was still shaking as she waited for Argon's attack. But nothing happened so when she opened her eyes she was shocked to see Argon sprawled on the floor. A lilac force-field, stood around Avery, Marco, Troy, Olivia and Marigold and it was coming from Avery's hands. She quickly dropped them, stunned. All of Argon's helpers ran to their leader meaning the villagers of Carcassone were free. They ran for their lives except for some. They stared at Avery. Arielle had tears in her eyes and Anton comforted her. Avery looked at her parents and she walked over to them, swiftly.

"Father...Mother..." Avery said through a croaky voice. Her mother backed away from her and suddenly Avery was grabbed by guards from each side. The pope walked over to face her. Avery struggled to break free and turned her head to where the other's stood. Troy, Marco, Olivia and Marigold were all held by guards as well. Avery turned her head to Argon who got up quickly. He had an evil smile on his face and Avery burst into tears. She turned her head back to the pope, viscount and arch-bishop standing before her.

"Witch-craft is never tolerated in this kingdom or anywhere. And you being the princess of Carcassone, it is never acceptable. Princess Avery of Carcassone, you will be burned at the stake, right here, right now, with your fellow witches and warlocks," The Viscount ordered over Avery's whimpers. Arielle burst into more tears as did Henrietta.

Avery was dragged to the altar, where the other's stood, each one fighting to break free. Avery, fought too, still whimpering when a voice rung in her head.

This was it, she thought. She faced Argon one more time and frowned at him as he laughed.

"I've won, Princess Avery! Enchanted and Carcassone will be finished and your power will be mine!" Argons's voice echoed and faded one more time in Avery's head and this time, Avery agreed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454K 26.9K 54
ā‚Š āŪŖŪŖą½“ą½».;:ą­­Ģ„. š€ šƒš‘š€š†šŽš š‹šŽš•š„ š’š“šŽš‘š˜ ׂׂׂׂą«¢ą¼‹ą¼˜ąæ Laura St...
180K 11.2K 36
Alera lost her mother early in life and was raised by a strict king for a father and the many nursemaids who crossed themselves before touching her...
50.1K 1.8K 50
"Mama!" "BƩbƩ courir!" (Baby run!) The woman screamed in French at her child to run away, the young girl looking at her mother with tears in her eyes...
12.2K 320 34
'Don't Mess with the Dress...' *** For twelve years, Arianne d'Artagnan has been in the midst of the English Civil War and after disaster struck, she...