Enchanted

By ElenaRose18

Princess Avery of Carcassone, lived a simple royal life. But when she finds a mysterious box that leads to a... More

Enchanted (Completed)
Chapter 1 - The Mysterious Box
Chapter 2 - Accepting the Truth
Chapter 3 - Betrothed
Chapter 4 - Treason
Chapter 5 - Imprisoned
Chapter 6 - Going Back
Chapter 7 - A Princess Can Do Better
Chapter 8 - The Plan
Chapter 9 - Hide and Seek
Chapter 10 - The Princess and the Pauper
Chapter 11 - Changes
Chapter 12 - Revelations
Chapter 13 - More Powerful Than Ever
Chapter 14 - Halfway There
Chapter 15 - Help From a Likely Source
Chapter 16 - Traitor
Chapter 17 - Deceived By One Of Our Own
Chapter 19 - Letting Go and Looking Forward
Chapter 20 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 21 - Supernatural Princess
Chapter 22 - The Sacrafice
Chapter 23 - Reunited
Chapter 24 - Forever Mine
Chapter 25 - Celebrations
Chapter 26 - Revenge
Chapter 27 - Late, Last Night
Chapter 28 - The Dilemma
Chapter 29 - It's Time
Chapter 30 - I'll Never Leave You...
Chapter 31 - The Great Battle Part 1
Chapter 32 - The Great Battle Part 2
Chapter 33 - The Great Battle Part 3
Chapter 34 - I'll Always Remember You...
Chapter 35 - The Happy Ending

Chapter 18 - Scream

149 2 0
By ElenaRose18

CHAPTER 18 - SCREAM

************************************************************************************************************

Enchanted was quiet. It was like a funeral procession. The eerie quietness as all the fairies got on with their daily work, haunted Dylan. He hated it as it brought back memories of his father's funeral. He walked behind the casket that carried his father and his mother walked next to him. Every fairy wore the colour associated to the fairy he was, battle-strategy. Everyone wore brown and mourned for the death of their beloved king. Clarissa laid a red rose on the casket as Dylan was ordered to say the spell that sent the casket and the deceased fairy away. Dylan spoke the words, breaking off every now and again to hold back his tears and slowly the casket disappeared leaving behind glitter that shone like a million stars...

Dylan held back his tears as that gloomy day returned to his memory but he'd been holding back his tears a lot. His mother was almost killed by his soul-mate and he didn't know how to feel. All of his emotions from the previous day were returning, stronger and more powerful. However, this time his feelings were over-coming him, unlike before when it was Avery's presence that made him feel complete. Dylan shook his head, he couldn't be thinking about her. Raphael had banned her name and Alex's from ever being spoken within Enchanted again, despite knowing of Dylan's heart-break. Dylan's connection with Avery had deteriorated the minute she said those words he'd longed for her to say...

"Good-Bye Dylan. I'll always love you..."

That four letter word made him smile but when he lost her and it hurt him, like a sword that had been slashed across his heart. He knew she had felt the same and slowly seeing her dissolve before his eyes, ached him. Everyone knew by now, Avery was his soul-mate, word travels fast in a small kingdom, but the fairy-folk didn't know whether to be disappointed or feel sorry for him. Fairy maids and guards had stopped in the palace hall-ways asking him if he was alright but he ignored them. He went for a walk in the kingdom and fairies stopped what they were doing to either stare or give their condolences. He couldn't find peace and quiet any where. He needed somewhere to go, somewhere were no-one would ask him what he was doing, how he was feeling or what he was thinking. 

The only place that came to mind was the palace roof. It was his thinking place, and where he hid for several days when his father died and when Troy was kidnapped. Dylan knew other people knew of his hiding place, as it wasn't that big of a secret, but he only ever was allowed in the parts of the palace that allowed access to the roof. 

The slate was cold underneath him as he sat and watched the last few fairies finish off their daily work. They glowed like fire-flies in the night. The air was cold, meaning winter was fast approaching in Enchanted. Many fairies can't take the cold so they end up falling ill and becoming bed-ridden until the season passed on. Dylan let out a shaky breath and mist came out of his mouth. He smiled as it reminded him of a dragon. And then his mind trailed off to the night after he had told Avery about their mating. The night he came to visit her in her room and they talked about to each other about everything, including dragons...

 It was a cold night and he'd sneaked out of his room when he was sure everyone was in bed. He quietly knocked on Avery's bedroom door and after some muffling from the other side, Avery opened the door. Her hair was a mess, her dress was all over the place and she looked tired. Dylan's eyes were wide at her appearance and then she guessed he was not impressed. She tried to close the door on him but he stopped it and he pushed the door back open. Avery yelped and ran to her bed. She pulled the covers over her as Dylan closed the door laughing.

"Why are you hiding?" Dylan said as he leaned against the door. 

"Why are you laughing?" Avery said and he let out a laugh that Avery felt herself melt. 

"I'm laughing, not at your appearance but how quickly you ran over there. It was like lightening!" Dylan said and Avery was watching him from the covers and he had moved forward. He was leaning on the bed post and Avery slowly dropped the covers. Dylan smiled at her.

"Avery, I don't care how you look. You're beautiful, in my eyes always..." Dylan said as he walked closer to her. Avery smiled at him and looked down. She avoided eye-contact as she didn't want to fall for his mesmerizing spell again. Avery sat with her legs dangling at the edge of the bed and Dylan stood close to her. He looked down at her and she gazed at his eyes. His hand moved behind her head and pulled out the pin that held her lush locks together. Her chestnut hair tumbled down and he stroked his fingers through it. She looked stunning and she was all his. He had to say it each and every time he saw her because it was impossible for him to believe and accept it. Avery's hand touched his hand, which slid down her cheek and he rubbed it with his thumb, smiling at her. He saw her cheeks burn and leaned down to kiss them. Avery caught her breath as his kisses melted on him and she held his wrist and closed her eyes. Dylan backed away and stared at her eyes, long and hard. It was happening again. The passion over-took them both and Dylan dived and claimed Avery's lips. She did the same and she stood up so she was closer to him. His hands circled her back and tangled in her long hair and Avery circled her arms around his neck. Dylan felt the passion grow even more so he backed her, really slowly towards the bed.

Upon reaching the edge of the bed, they stopped and slowly leaned backwards onto the bed, refusing to break their kiss. Avery's arms had moved from Dylan's neck and now she tugged at his tunic, to come down with her. He obeyed, instantly and before long, Avery was flat on the bed, legs wrapped around Dylan's waist, and Dylan on top, taking control. He didn't want their connection to break, he wanted to finish the mating process now so they could enjoy life. Dylan let his arms slowly slip down to Avery's  dress and he pulled it free. It tore away from her body and her breasts were exposed. Dylan caressed each one, sending currents through Avery and she shuddered at his touch. He finally broke their kiss to claim her breasts and each kiss was like a million kisses. Avery tugged at Dylan's hair before sliding her hands down to his tunic. She tore it away from his body and explored his bare chest on hers. Dylan looked at Avery, with hungry eyes and he claimed her lips once more. Avery felt herself pushing towards Dylan and they were moving to a rhythm. Dylan knew it was his chance to make Avery his forever. He slowly slid her dress further down her body. Avery knew what was coming and Dylan allowed her to remove his trousers. Both, slowly undressed each other until they were almost naked. Avery smiled through their kiss. She was going to make love with someone who she loved, deeply and cared about so much. Her undergarments were still on as were his and he slowly started to slide them off her legs. This was going to be good, Dylan thought.

Avery was anticipating, waiting as to what might happen next until a knock at the door forced the two of them to break the kiss and jump up. They quickly dressed and acted innocent, all the while more knocks were on the door. Avery jumped for the door and answered it. Dylan didn't see who it was but Avery spoke to someone. She closed the door firmly and locked it.

"Who was it?" Dylan asked curiously.

"It was your mother. She just wanted to see if I'd seen you and she wanted to know how I was doing," Avery said as she walked back over to the bed. Dylan moved back to the top of the bed and Avery came and sat with him, in his arms'..

And that's where it started, Dylan thought. Two times he'd been interrupted from making Avery his and each time he almost got into trouble. Dylan lay back on the roof and thought of their conversations afterwards. He learnt everything about Avery; from her favourite colour to her opinion on the laws of Carcassone. She had learnt everything about Dylan; from his recorder skills to his ideas about the kingdom when he became king. Dylan thought about how he and Avery were so similar. She would be queen as soon as she married and he'd be king as soon as he did. She had no siblings, neither did he. Both had someone that they loved so much go away from them, for her it was Olivia, and for him it was Troy. Both had the same interests, likes and dislikes and Dylan now knew why they were perfect for each other. She was him, but a female version and not from his world.

He sighed as all of her jokes came back to his mind. Looking up at the stars, Dylan saw Avery's face. Dylan shook his head, thinking it was a hallucination but it wasn't. Dylan actually Avery's face in the stars. She smiled at him and blew him a kiss. Dylan smiled back and then it hit him. He could never forget Avery, even if their soul-mating process was not complete. She could hate him so much but it still made his feelings for her stronger. He loved her with all his heart and he didn't know what do about it. He could never see her again, she was not allowed in Enchanted and he couldn't go to Carcassone. He was stuck in the middle of a maze and there were two exits. One would mean being with Avery but leaving Enchanted and everything he'd work for his whole life behind, and one would mean staying true to his rights and who he is but forget about and move on from Avery. Dylan sat up suddenly when his thoughts had sunk into his head. For some people, there was no choice, but for him there was.

A faint voice in the distance called his name. Dylan looked over at the direction it was coming from and he saw it was his mother. Dylan sighed and flew down to her. She jumped when she heard him come and smiled at him. She ushered him to walk with her and he followed.

"Dylan, sweetie, how are you feeling?" Clarissa said rather quietly. Dylan shrugged his shoulders and looked at his mother. She had a concerned smile and look on her face and they stopped walking when Dylan spoke.

"I'm confused, mother. Avery hurt me mother by trying to hurt you. It all just doesn't make sense. I don't know how to feel because I have so many emotions running through my head..." His sad voice trailed off and Clarissa leaned in and kissed her son's forehead. 

"My darling, I know you are hurt and you don't know how to feel, but everything will come clear to you, I promise," Clarissa said as she stroked her son's cheek. He smiled at her and they continued walking quietly for a few minutes before Clarissa spoke again.

"Sweetie, now that circumstances have changed, we need you at a meeting we are holding now. Please come," Clarissa said as they arrived at the main palace doors. Dylan sighed and shrugged his shoulders before nodding, reluctantly. Clarissa smiled and led the way to the meeting in the throne room. 

***

The throne room still burned Dylan's memory, as this was the last place he saw Avery. Taking a deep breath, Dylan walked to his seat after greeting, Baron Erhard, Raphael and Selenita. He sat down and turned to his mother who sat next to him. She placed a hand on his knee and squeezed it for encouragement. Raphael stood up and spoke to them.

"So we all know that the last few days have not been easy for any of us. A lot has happened including treason. We cannot afford for this to happen again, and it is not all of our faults..." Raphael glared at Dylan indicating it was mostly his. "...So after talks with some of the elders, we have a new plan. Argon wants power and the strongest fairies are those who are either nobility, elders or royals. He will hire anyone at any costs to get him what he wants. He also knows Enchanted is not powerful if the underwater city and the main kingdom are not together because the original mer-creatures cannot turn into fairies. With the two kingdoms together, we will be stronger and the only way to do that is by Dylan and Selenita getting married... in two days," Raphael's last words hit Dylan like a sword. He instantly jumped up and noticed Selenita did the same.

"What!" Selenita and Dylan shouted at the same time. Raphael stared at the two of them with anger. Dylan glared at his step-father waiting for him to speak.

"What do you mean 'what'? You two are supposed to marry anyway so why are you both suddenly surprised?" Raphael said sternly. Dylan noticed Selenita slowly sit back down on her chair but Dylan remained standing.

"I mean, 'what' as in 'are you crazy?' We cannot marry, well not now at least. There's so much going on and so many other options, and you can only think of me and Selenita getting married in two days? What elders have you been talking to?" Dylan almost shouted at Raphael.

"Dylan, me and your mother  both agree it is the only thing to do. I agree, there are other options, but Argon can attack anytime and we cannot risk him destroying the kingdom. Do you really want to hold your mother a hostage like that?" Raphael said slyly and Dylan felt the anger build up.

"Mother had nothing to do with this! And she would never agree to it, you know that, isn't that right?" Dylan turned to his mother who got up slowly from her chair. She walked over to Dylan and the look on her face said it all. She didn't have to say anything for Dylan to know the response. Dylan shook his head and his mother placed a hand on his shoulder, he shrugged it off.

"How could you do this to me?" Dylan said, holding back his tears. 

"I'm so sorry Dylan. But we need to think of the kingdom. I cannot have anything happening to you and this way, your safety is guaranteed as while war is raging here, you can flee to the underwater kingdom and the mer-creatures can come to land to help us as you know how skilled they are. Please, try to understand Dylan," Clarissa said with pain. She knew her son was hurting but she didn't know how to make it better,

"Understand? Understand what? Did you ever understand how I felt when father passed away? Did you ever understand how I felt about Argon when I first met him? Did any of you ever understand how I've been feeling since Troy and Aunt Marigold were kidnapped?..." Dylan was cut off by Raphael stamping his foot to the ground. Clarissa jumped at his anger and Selenita and the Baron rose in concern. Dylan stared at his step father long and hard as he waited for his next words.

"Dylan, do not blame your feelings on Troy and Marigold when you know and we all know it is that wretched princess. This whole kingdom was banned from ever uttering her name again so what makes you so special?" Raphael said, his voice booming. Dylan's anger got to much he walked right up to Raphael, fists clenched. Clarissa and the guards knew what was coming and ran to the prince before he injured the king. They grabbed Dylan before he thrust his fist at Raphael tried to fight back but the guards stopped him. Clarissa ran to them with Selenita and tried to stop them. 

"Don't ever talk about her like that again!" Dylan shouted over the cries for him to contain himself. He eventually did and Clarissa was shocked over his attitude.

"Now listen to me Dylan! I am King and I will choose how I speak to people and what I say about them! She's gone Dylan, forever and you'll never get to see her again! So stop acting like a child! Yes, she was very beautiful I will admit but she is worthless and you will marry Selenita in two days whether you like it or not!" Raphael's voice echoed over the clanking of the guards' armour as they walked away.

"Why do you have to do this to me? You know what it is like to lose somebody you really cared about, especially you mother! How can you control my life like this? I refuse to marry Selenita under these circumstances and you cannot change my mind!" Dylan shouted just as loud. He now noticed that a lot of fairies had gathered to see the confrontation and Dylan felt his cheek's burn more and more.

"You will marry, Selenita in two days, even if it is the last thing I do!" Raphael said calmly but with as much anger as before. Dylan glared at the king before looking over at his mother. She was close to tears and she walked towards her son. He shook her off and quickly flew out of the open window. 

Guards called for him, even Raphael but he heard his mother speak and they stopped shouting for his return. Dylan flew, he had no idea where he wanted to go and he just continued hoping it would take him somewhere, somewhere far from everyone trying to control his life. 

Eventually, Dylan arrived in his bedroom. He closed the door and leaned against it, breathing heavily. He slowly slid down the door as all of his feelings, thoughts and emotions started to unravel. He didn't know how to feel, who's side to take, what to think, it was all breaking him apart.

Dylan jumped up and took a hand through his hair before pulling it with anger. He crouched down at the pain, but he jumped up again and kicked a chair that was not that far from him. Dylan's anger was over-taking him and he couldn't control it. He gradually made a mess of his room, slowly kicking things over or throwing them violently against the wall or floor. He stopped when there was nothing left and he looked around his room, it was a mess and that was how he felt, a mess. 

So much was going on and he needed to relax his anger but the only person that could do that was Avery, Her humour, her charm, her beauty, her determination, her talents, she stunned Dylan and he fell to a heap onto the floor, leaning against the door. 

His own mother wouldn't hear him out now, and only cared about the kingdom, not him or what he was going through. Selenita seemed to have become a recluse since Avery and Alex had left so he couldn't talk to her and Raphael was so busy, Dylan hardly saw him, not that he wanted to speak to his step-father. Avery had left and it had ruined his life. He never thought he could forgive her for what she tried to do to his mother, but he needed her more than ever and all he wanted to do was just scream. 

By marrying Selenita, yes the kingdom would be more stronger as the underwater kingdom and the mainland would work together and defeat Argon. But by doing so he'd have to forget about Avery and he couldn't do that even though they weren't complete mates. By not marrying Selenita, he would be made the enemy and everyone would turn against, not that they already weren't. He would disappoint his mother, which he couldn't do as she meant so much to him and he hated putting her through pain. But by forgiving Avery, he would be doing that. 

Dylan grabbed his hair and pulled it so hard as the emotions just poured out of him like a river. And after what seemed like forever, Dylan let out a scream, that cleared his mind, something he'd wanted to do since all of this had started. 

Dylan was terribly confused and he didn't know what to expect in the following days...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 6.3K 41
Faith was happy with her life. She had a clear plan, and always knew what her next move was going to be. But then a terrible tragedy wiped out half h...
180K 11.2K 36
Alera lost her mother early in life and was raised by a strict king for a father and the many nursemaids who crossed themselves before touching her...
208 32 17
Laura, she is just a normal girl who lives with her mother happily at the edge of the creepy Dark forest. She has magic but who doesn't have it in Th...
343K 19.7K 49
THIS STORY IS NOW FREE! When a newlywed princess discovers her Prince Charming is married to six other royals, she brings the outraged spouses toget...