Enchanted

By ElenaRose18

Princess Avery of Carcassone, lived a simple royal life. But when she finds a mysterious box that leads to a... More

Enchanted (Completed)
Chapter 1 - The Mysterious Box
Chapter 2 - Accepting the Truth
Chapter 3 - Betrothed
Chapter 4 - Treason
Chapter 5 - Imprisoned
Chapter 6 - Going Back
Chapter 7 - A Princess Can Do Better
Chapter 8 - The Plan
Chapter 9 - Hide and Seek
Chapter 10 - The Princess and the Pauper
Chapter 11 - Changes
Chapter 12 - Revelations
Chapter 13 - More Powerful Than Ever
Chapter 15 - Help From a Likely Source
Chapter 16 - Traitor
Chapter 17 - Deceived By One Of Our Own
Chapter 18 - Scream
Chapter 19 - Letting Go and Looking Forward
Chapter 20 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 21 - Supernatural Princess
Chapter 22 - The Sacrafice
Chapter 23 - Reunited
Chapter 24 - Forever Mine
Chapter 25 - Celebrations
Chapter 26 - Revenge
Chapter 27 - Late, Last Night
Chapter 28 - The Dilemma
Chapter 29 - It's Time
Chapter 30 - I'll Never Leave You...
Chapter 31 - The Great Battle Part 1
Chapter 32 - The Great Battle Part 2
Chapter 33 - The Great Battle Part 3
Chapter 34 - I'll Always Remember You...
Chapter 35 - The Happy Ending

Chapter 14 - Halfway There

149 2 0
By ElenaRose18

CHAPTER 14 - HALFWAY THERE

************************************************************************************************************

They swam for what seemed like ages. Avery was getting tired not just because of the weight of her tail but more of the fact that they'd been swimming for a long time. Dylan continued with grace and hadn't noticed Avery fall behind. Avery stopped and that was when Dylan realised she wasn't swimming anymore. He stopped and came back for her. He had to take her to the underwater kingdom, so her mermaid felt at home. Avery was tired, really tired and her face showed it and Dylan actually sympathised her. So much was going on in their lives, mostly Avery's and this just added more to the pressure she had. Dylan sensed her frustration, not just from the problems in her life but also for the long distant swim they were taking. Dylan looked at her and then took hold of her arms. Avery stared at him with surprise but didn't say anything. He turned around, still holding her arms and placed them loosely around his neck and she knew what he was doing. She tightened her grip slightly and he looked at her one last time before they started to swim again, well at least Dylan did. Avery swam as much as she could to help Dylan but she was too exhausted. She let Dylan do the swimming and he did it effortlessly, its like Avery was a feather on his back as he swam with as much grace as before. 

***

After a while, they arrived and Dylan let Avery go as she had regained her energy. Avery's eyes almost popped from their sockets. The underwater kingdom was beautiful. Avery looked all around her and she took in her surroundings. Schools of tropical fish swam everywhere, mermaids and mermen doing their daily work, corals on reefs moved with the rhythm of the water, a big blue whale, swam over them and so did some turtles and seahorses. On each side of her there was caves and out of one came an octopus and Avery got scared. She swam back and banged into Dylan and he held her, assuring her it was harmless after he explained it was a wise octopus that predicted the future. So far, the octopus was very successful. Avery stayed next to Dylan as he swam through the kingdom. The mermaids did the best curtsies they could  in tails and the mermen bowed effortlessly. Avery smiled at them all as they smiled and waved at her. Avery turned her head to see in front of her lay an enormous palace with tall towers and turrets and a grand entrance with mermen guarding it. Avery guessed that this was where the Baron and Selenita lived. Dylan swam into the palace but Avery didn't want to leave the magical, colourful underwater city. Dylan came back for her and dragged her into the palace.

Avery saw that the palace was pretty basic and everything led up. Dylan swam up one of the entrances and Avery followed and they arrived into a cave opening. Reaching the surface, Dylan pulled himself out of the water and lay flat on his back. Avery hadn't noticed before but Dylan was really big. His tail stretched far out but then Avery heard him mutter something and his tale instantly disappeared and he was back in the clothes he wore before they jumped into the lake. Avery could tell he was exhausted now. Dylan looked at her still lying flat on his back and smiled before he sat up.

"Come Avery. Pull yourself up here, take yourself completely out of the water and say 'Undine...Olikay...Yahti'. You'll be a fairy again," Avery obeyed as Dylan moved out of the way for her. Avery lunged herself up and she lay flat on her back like Dylan did moments before. She smiled at him and he repeated the words to her as she said them back to him. Avery felt her body tingle and a cold breeze and when she looked down at her body she saw that she was back in the armour dress she wore before. She sat up and expecting her wings to fly out but they didn't and Avery looked over at Dylan who also didn't have his wings either. He looked normal, like a normal prince and Avery smiled. Dylan came back over to where Avery was and he sat next to her. Avery looked at him, studying every move, to see if she could work out what he was thinking. With no such luck, Avery looked away and the two of them sat in silence for a while before Avery spoke.

"How come our wings haven't come back?" Avery asked and Dylan looked at her quickly due to her sudden question and looked back at the water in front of him.

"Because, they never return when we are here. Our clothes, but never our wings. When we return to Enchanted, they will return with us," Dylan replied and Avery shrugged her shoulders at his reply and she stared at the water like him.

"So why are we here?" Avery asked. She didn't know if she was annoying him but she needed to know. 

"We are here, until your mermaid calms down a bit. I can feel her agitation and its kind of annoying. In here, your fairy is happy as we are on land and your mermaid is happy too as we are near water. So when they both calm down, we can go again," Dylan explained looking at her.

"And how long will that be?" 

"A while. So while we are here, let's talk and get to know each other better. Any questions?" Dylan asked with a smiled and Avery felt a lump in her throat.

"Okay, well its been hounding me for a really long time," Avery asked Dylan and he smiled while nodding his head. Avery had lots of questions to ask him but there was a very important one that had to come first.

"When I came back, you were all bruised and so was I. We had the same marks and bruises and cuts and when I kissed your bruise, it disappeared like everything else did. Why?" Avery just spilled. She felt herself blush at the sudden question but she had to know why.

Even though she had to know why, Dylan knew he couldn't say anything but he had to. And whether she believed it or not, was her choice but she had to know the truth. The thing was, how do you tell someone that they are your soul-mate? Dylan though of a reply and decided to tell her what was going on without mentioning 'soul-mates'.

"Well, Avery, some fairies are connected together through a strong bond. Mostly that bond is a friendship and maybe that's why. Anything that happens to one fairy, will happen to the other. Any pain they feel, the other fairy will too. It keeps them together and connected," Dylan explained and Avery studied his facial expressions. She knew he was hiding something.

"You're lying..." Avery said suddenly and Dylan looked up at her eyes with surprise. Dylan frowned at her response and Avery frowned back.

"I'm not lying, Avery," Dylan said.

"Yes, you are. I know it, I can feel it. So tell me the truth," Avery said folding her arms. She was determined to uncover what he was hiding.

"Avery, why would I lie to you?"

"I don't know! But all I know is that friends never lie to each other..." Avery's voice trailed off and Dylan looked back at the water.

"Listen, Avery if I told you, you wouldn't believe me..." And with that Avery burst out laughing leaving Dylan staring at her with confusion.

"Dylan, you think I won't believe you? What is going on in my life, this world and all of the mysteries and secrets are unbelievable! If you'd told me of this life some time ago, I would never have believed you! Anything anybody says to me now, I believe as this world was only a dream to me and my people but now its reality. And I wouldn't go back. I've made so many great memories and so many great people. When I leave, I don't know how I'll forget you..." Avery's voice trailed off again and Dylan looked at her with his mysterious eyes and Avery felt her heart skip a beat. She was falling head over heels for him but she wouldn't admit it. Avery knew if she said something of her feelings, she'd regret it, because he might not feel the same.

"You mean it when you say that? You'll never forget me?" Dylan said as he moved closer to Avery. She felt her heart beat to new levels.

"I never can even if I tried. I know it sounds really strange but I feel a pull towards you. When you're not with me, I feel incomplete like something is missing but when you're with me I feel whole again, full of life. Is that normal?" Avery asked. She looked away from Dylan's eyes as she might feel tempted to do something. Avery heard Dylan's heavy breath and it blew on her. It was warm and it blew her hair slightly. Avery looked at him and he was closer than ever. But the whole while he took in her beautiful features he though to himself if this was the right time to tell her. He took a deep breath and spoke,

"Avery, now I know how you feel, I definitely know you'll believe me. Fairies have soul-mates. Somebody who is destined to be with them for the rest of their lives. A fairy's soul-mate knows when they are in danger, they know when they need help, they also can talk through mind-links anytime. A fairy's soul-mate can heal them with a small kiss and a fairy feels complete when they are together. A soul-mate can only be declared when the two fairies make love, then the two fairies are off limits to everyone. Two mated fairies are very powerful and everything around them seems a blur. But if one fairy tragically dies, the other fairy would be heart-broken and scarred for life," Dylan told Avery of everything he'd read about and everything his mother had told him about soul-mates. As he finished he saw Avery's eyes slightly water. He took her hands and she looked at him, sobbing.

"Why are you crying?" Dylan asked concerned.

"Because, I'm scared. Does this mean we are soul-mates?" Avery asked trying to hold her tears back. Dylan smiled at her and she smiled back when he nodded in agreement.

"But how? I thought you said only fairies can only be soul-mates of this world. I'm not of this world, so how is it possible?" Avery asked still with her tears falling. 

"You are of this world. Now you are, at least and I guess that's why," Dylan sighed. Avery continued to cry.

"So what happens when all of this calms down? What happens when we find your cousin Troy and your aunt Marigold?" 

"I don't know and I don't want to think that far ahead..." 

"See Dylan, that's what I'm scared of. I might never see you again," Avery choked out. She was now crying full-out and Dylan smiled.

"So let's not waste our time together crying, Avery. Let's make the most of it," Dylan whispered as he wiped her tears away.

Avery looked up at Dylan's eyes. His hands were on her face and his thumb was wiping away her tears. Avery looked at him with desire. She needed him so badly. Dylan leaned forward and kissed her cheek, claiming one of her tears. Avery felt her cheek burn with passion. Dylan continued to plant little kisses on her, down her neck and on her shoulder, Avery closed her eyes and leaned her head up. It was heavenly. Dylan came back to look at Avery in the eyes. She made eye-contact and didn't break the stare. He was amazing and Avery couldn't believe that he belonged to her. Dylan stared long and hard at her eyes before he transferred his gaze to her lips.  They were pink and plump and calling his name. Dylan leaned in and claimed her lips kissing her soft and slow.

Avery kissed him back  as the passion over-took her body. Avery got up on her knees and placed her arms around his neck. Dylan hardened the kiss and kissed her with more hunger. Dylan moved back taking Avery with him until he reached the side of the cave. The damp smell and stone cold walls didn't break the kiss and he needed her more than ever now. He lifted Avery up and placed her on his lap, so she was straddling him. She kissed him harder and she felt his tongue push through their joined lips. Avery allowed him and she smiled at him. Avery felt like she was in heaven, like she was floating and flying and it felt good. Avery felt Dylan's hands slide up her leg and push her dress up slightly. She knew what he wanted and Avery released the hold she had on his neck and let her hands slide down to his chest. She fought with the buttons on his tunic and when she finally got them free she felt every groove of his muscles like she did before.

Avery felt Dylan smile through their kiss again and he moved his hands to her shoulders. Avery suddenly felt really hot as Dylan's hands slid her dress down. Her undergarments were feeling really tight and she wanted Dylan to remove them. Dylan transferred his hunger to Avery's chest. He kissed her neck sending sparks through her and he kissed in between her breasts. Avery smiled and bit her lip as his kisses sent her to new heights. Avery played with his hair, pulling it and combing her fingers through it as Dylan explored her body. The inside of her legs started to throb and burn with desire. She would die for him.

Dylan moved his face back to hers and claimed her lips again. They were breathing heavily and Avery's worries had gone through the roof as she felt complete. She'd forgotten everything and she was happy as the only thing that mattered was her and Dylan and the moment they were sharing.

Dylan's hands moved to her chest and he held her breasts like lemons. It sent currents through Avery and she let out a moan that was dying to come out. Dylan was happy as his soul-mate had finally accepted him but she wasn't his until they took this one step further. Dylan hitched up Avery's dress which made Avery's body jump at his sudden move. Dylan smiled through the kiss and was slowly lifting her dress off of her. He didn't want to break the kiss and he knew she didn't want to either. Avery slowly removed Dylan's tunic from his shoulders as he lifted her dress up higher. Dylan moved his hands so Avery could remove the tunic and he leaned his back against the stone-cold walls again.

Avery was getting ready to lift her arms, but Dylan dropped the dress back on her. Avery felt Dylan break the kiss and Avery opened her eyes. She looked at him, still breathing heavily and she could see something was distracting him. She noticed his gaze was on the water and Avery turned her head to it. Avery's eyes opened up in shock as she noticed bubbles in the water. Bubbles meaning someone was watching them...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454K 26.9K 54
ā‚Š āŪŖŪŖą½“ą½».;:ą­­Ģ„. š€ šƒš‘š€š†šŽš š‹šŽš•š„ š’š“šŽš‘š˜ ׂׂׂׂą«¢ą¼‹ą¼˜ąæ Laura St...
4K 251 30
Elena Crystal, a 17 years old girl with many problem in her life. On her 18 birthday, something happen to her. Something she thought is was just a fa...
4.3K 479 63
Formerly titled 'The Vampire Prince' . . Willow must find a way to break her father's curse to prevent him from dying, and in pursuit of it, she acci...
208 32 17
Laura, she is just a normal girl who lives with her mother happily at the edge of the creepy Dark forest. She has magic but who doesn't have it in Th...