Changing My World

By QuietStampede

Sequel to battlefield of changes. School has started again. Will she fit in and who will become her enemies... More

The Beginning
Don't care
Yet again it happens
When it all began to go wrong...
Giving up and giving in to my darker side
Letting in All Out
Meltdown
Detention
Tears
Goodbye...
Depressingly Shocking
Escape plan
Seeking Help
Darkest Dreams
Care Home N.o 3?
Familiar Faces
It's happening again...
Domino Effect
Expect the Unexpected
You tell the same lie...
Off with her head!
The end of everything
Toast and jam
Rory
Welcome Home Into My Arms
Trying to reach out to you...
You never listen!
Too much to cope ....
So done with these feelings...
Police Box
Darkest Fears
My room...
Fishtail
Nightmares come true just like dreams do...
One bad night after another...
Intruder
Making it
Invisible Bruises
Revenge
Girly gossping?
Costume Time
Not so happy halloween...
So close...
Makeunder
Halloween
Catastrophe...
I honestly hated Ryan...
You don't and deep down you know you don't
For goodness sakes....
Curious Defelopments...
Almost There
The secret comes out...
Inspection Day
Interview
Lost forever
When things got worse...
Further and Further...
Box
Surprises in store...
Keeps getting worse...
Big Mistake...
Sweet sweet dreams...
Opening the box...
Home at last
Movie Marathon
Sick Day!
Schools in
Wow, great start me(!)
Slow us down
Confiscation
Cross Country
In with the coats and jackets
Cool Beans
Activity
How fast things can change
Just need our own space
Raging Fire
Everything is Changing
Talk it out
First of the Fights
Unexpected Blackmail
Learning the lines
The Warning
Results
Letter
Runaway.....Again
The End of Everything...
Cover Comp
Book Three is Up!

Reading

345 8 6
By QuietStampede

The bell went and we all walked up to form. My tutor welcomed me back and I sat on the end of a desk, next to Ryan. We don't have assigned seats in form, as far as I know.

"You need to listen to Jody. She is only trying to help..." Whispered Ryan whilst Mrs Martin droned on about something.

"I don't need the help of Jody Jackson!" I snapped.

"Well then take it from me..."

"Ryan listen up!" Mrs Martin yelled! "I'm halfway through announcements!" Ryan straightened up in his seat and we both started listening to the announcements.

"So..." She continued. "As I was saying, the school is holding a reading competition that you will all be taking part in! We will provide you with a copy of the book, then you, along with your group within this form group, will have to be the first to finish reading it, and complete a set of activities that will then be judged by the headmistress, Miss Barmes."

"Wait wait..." I started. "So we get into a group, of the people in this form, read a book, then finish a bunch of activities on the book?"

"Yes Marie. You will be in groups in three which I will let you sort out now!"

As soon as she finished her sentence, a mad scramble of students trying to get into groups turned the class into chaos! I looked at Ryan and we made a pair. Then Harley came over, but once he realised I was with Ryan, he backed down. I don't think anybody here knows we are together. Hmm.

We ended up joining Jody who doesn't have that many friends as far as I can think this is good, we can all read the book together at home where we can also do all the activities and stuff. Jody went to officially sign us up, then Mrs Martin had us all sit in our groups for the final announcement.

"The group that completes each activity the best, wins a small prize and a point for the activity they did best. The team with the most points at the end, wins the big prize. I'll hand you you're activity folders, but you will have to finish reading the books first. Otherwise, your team will be out."

Then the bell went and we were sent away for first lesson. Maths. I love maths(!)

I haven't met my maths teacher yet, or the people in my maths class, but I know I'm in the bottom set. Maths is the one subject I need to try in, and pay attentions in. Every other subject, I'm doing fine in, it's literally just maths. On top of that, I've missed most of the first half term, so I'm already behind!

I had to ask for guidance to my maths room, I've never been there before and I had lots of trouble finding it.

I did however, make it there on time, which for me, is really quite unusual.

I walked in to see around 12 other children in this class. The lowest set is always the smallest, I'm not sure why. It really makes you feel like a failure though. 

Anyway, I took my seat on my own at a desk behind everyone else in the corner. This classroom is really small but all the other seats were taken. I'm the only one sat alone as well. This is so depressing.

The teacher, who I now know as Mr Bawing, was droning on about long division which I don't understand at all. No matter how many times he goes over it, I still don't understand. I just can't seem to get to grips with it!

"Any questions?" I put my hand up but he didn't even pause. "Ok that's great so get on with the worksheet, we will mark in in 20 minutes, that's 2 minutes per question"

"Um...sir..." I said with my hand up.

"Just get on with the work!" He snapped before sitting down at his desk and turning his phone on. Everybody else just turned to the worksheet on their desk and started working in their books.

I took one look at the work sheet and thought "yep. I'm screwed"

Mr Bawing didn't look up once the whole time I had my hand up! I eventually gave up and just tried my hardest. I guessed most of the answers but that is my preferred method of working out: The Guess and Hope Method!

"Right! Times up! I will now read out the answers, Mark your own in red pen!"

I searched round in my pencil case and quickly found a red pen. Just in time for him to start with the answers.

----------

"Now, I'm going to go down the register and you will read out what you got, I'll make a note of that on your tracking."

He read out a bunch of names that I paid no attention to. These people are way to quiet to be my friends really. They don't seem to have enough fun! They just work and no play. Boring.

"Marie Riley."

"I um....got..."

"Spit it out girl!" Wow this guy has some serious anger issues. I'm not going to bother trying to mess with I'm, like I mess with all the other teachers.

"I got zero"

"Zero?!!!!!!" He yelled angrily and suddenly, making me ad everyone else flinch in our seats. He slowly stood up, keeping his bulging eyes on me!

He slowly made his way through the desks and stood directly above me, whilst the rest of the class stared in horror. Luckily, the bell rang, signalling for second period. I thought I had literally just been saved by the bell, but nope. I was wrong.

"You may all leave!" He yelled. I got up out of my seat but he pushed me by the shoulders back into my seat. "Not you!"

He watched and waited as everyone left the room in silence, and anybody who came near Mr Bawring gave me a sorrow, hopeless look. This really isn't going well.

The last of the students left,closing the door behind them. I still had my eyes fixed on the intimidating man staring down at me as the bell went again, signalling the start of the next lesson, meaning I'm now late. Great.

"You girl...!" He randomly started yelling. "Are hopeless! We've been through this many times! How can you be so stupid! You can't even do bottom set work!! You won't get anywhere in life, you have no talents! Your a useless, stupid, arrogant little girl..." He began to bend down and come closer to my face. I could smell the foul stench of his fishy breath.

"As far as your grades go, you'll be lucky to be a bin lady when you're older! I doubt anyone else will pay your way! I bet your mummy and daddy won't help you! They probably don't even love you your so dumb and thick!"

I know he has no idea, but that really hurt. It hit me right in the feelings and I started to well up, but sniffed and tried to hold it back.

"I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU THINK THIS IS ACCEPTABLE! IT'S SO RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL AND INSULTING TO ME! I have been a teacher all my life and I have never met anyone who is as dumb and idiotic as you! NOW GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!"

I quickly shoved everything into my bag in a massive, stressed fluster! I felt like crying and I know my face has gone all red and sweaty but there's no time to cry! Biology started 10 minutes ago! I'm totally gonna get a detention!

I got out the room to see his next class queuing up waiting happily for him. Of course they don't care if he's late, they won't have to put up with him for as long, at my expense!

How is he even allowed to teach? That was horrible and I really want to start crying but I don't have time! I need to find my biology room, and fast!

I looked down at my timetable and noticed that it's on the same floor that I had chemistry on and I know where that is!

I ran to the chemistry floor, well, I guess it's actually the science corridor! I don't know how to tell which room it is so I frantically ran from room to room and peered through the door.
I know Carmen, Jody and Ryan are all in my science lessons so if I see any of them, I know I've gone to the right room!

As I looked through one of the last doors, I saw Carmen who was staring off into the distance, completely zoned out.

With a sigh or relief and dread, I pushed the door open and stumbled a few paces in, before letting go of the door and leaving it to click into place.

I took a quick scan of the room, Ryan looked worried, as did Jody. Carmen was still zoned out and everybody else just looked confused. I'm guessing they don't remember me then.

"Ah, nice of you to join us Marie" Mr Brink said rudely and sarcastically. Yep, I'm in for it. "You're late!" He yelled, slamming his pen down on the desk, disturbing everyone, causing the, all to stare.

If I wasn't flustered and sweaty before, I definitely am now. My face is turning a hot, bright, shade of red, I can feel it hearing up like a radiator on a cold day.

"I'm sorry...."

"Not only late, late by 15 minutes!" He was definitely fuming.

"Sir can I please explain..."

"NO YOU MAY NOT! Now go sit on your own at the back! And I'll see you in detention later!"

"But sir...."

"You've already missed almost a month, don't make it any worse for yourself!"

"But it wasn't my fault..." Isaidquietly, intimidated by him at this point.

"MARIE RILEY GO AMD SIT DOWN OR YOU WILL HAVE THAT DETENTION DOUBLED!"

"Yes sir" I sighed, looking down to my feet. I blinked to prevent tears from falling and walked awkwardly round the room to the empty desk at the back of the classroom. Everybody watched but nobody thought to help me.

It's weird knowing that I owned this teacher last time I had his lesson, yet now, I'm alone at the back, for the second time today! This day just keeps getting better and better!

----------

Over the course of the lesson, I just sat at the back trying to calm down. There were a couple of moments where I struggled to breath but I was alright. I kept seeing Ryan turn to me with a worried look on his face, only to be shouted at for not working.

It seems Mr Brink has gotten more strict since I last saw him. Either that or I caught him on a bad day. Either way, I can't see the board, I feel hot and bothered like a heated mess and I haven't done any decent work today. I also have a detention which I'm so looking forward to (!)

----------

After the lesson, Mr Brink held me back to have a stern word about why being late is not acceptable and all that crap. I just perched myself on the end of the desk at the front, nodding my head. Pretending to listen, when all i really care about is splashing some cold water on my face and having a glass of water. I feel terrible.

He did eventually let me leave and go for break, which is now nearly over but oh well. I opened the door to leave and Ryan was nervously waiting on the other side.

As soon as I emerged, he came straight up to me to find out what happened.

"Marie?! What happened?! Why were you so late?!"

I couldn't tell if he was angry for getting a detention and misbehaving again, or if he was angry because I got punished and it wasn't my fault, or if he was worried about me.

"My maths teacher is insane!" I told him. "I didn't understand what he was teaching us, so I tried to ask but he deliberately ignored me! Then we had to do a little test thing on long division and I got zero, because I didn't get it. So he went completely crazy and started yelling at me for it! The second he let me go I ran straight here, but seriously, this one wasn't my fault."

"You've got Mr Bawing haven't you?"

"How did you know?"

"Because this happens quite regularly to kids in his class"

"Well that's promising."

"Mhm. Anyway, Jody has gone to collect our books for that challenge thing, so we can start reading after school!"

I nodded and smiled but I was dying inside. When there's a page that's only one colour, no pictures or anything, the it's all the same font, reading is so hard!

Poems are ok because they are spaced out, but books are written in massive chunks of text and when I look at the page it's like the writing goes all wobbly!

We had me tested for dyslexia a couple of years ago, but I don't have it. The optician says it's just my eyes and if I keep reading a lot of the time it might wear off, and reading will become easier. I never really do any reading though, so it's not getting any better. This really will be a challenge.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N

This chapter is over 2200 words!

That's all, love ya xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 2.6K 23
When Millie comes back for senior year she is put in a history class with people she doesn't exactly like... What will happen when her enemy finds ou...
110K 2.7K 25
New school, new people, new country. Will Y/N be able to keep up her bad girl image or will she fall soft for the school's bad boy?
3K 81 34
Rosemary is forced to go to boarding school when she was in grade 2. now she is 16 and in grade 10. What will happen when she is forced to move back...
23.6K 309 25
You are now a second-year highschool student at Kalos Academy. And if you think this year will be normal, you're wrong. A transfer student has come a...