Costume Time

So after chatting with the girls yesterday, Carmen and I headed off into town this afternoon to try and find some costumes to wear for Halloween.

It took a hike on the bus and a short walk. The whole way Carmen was going on about Ryan and I. Like seriously can this girl not just stop? It's so irritating!

We ended up in some kind of party shop which is where most people from the dumping ground usually get their costumes apparently, as long as they don't make them themselves.

"How about this?" Carmen asked as she held up a coat hanger with a weird, barbie doll costume against me.

"Seriously Carmen? Seriously?"

"Well what kind of costume do you want then?"

"I've got no idea. I haven't done anything on Halloween since I was about 6!"

"Well what did you wear then?"

"I was a princess one year, a cat another, and the only other one I can remember was a pumpkin"

"Oh, I see your problem"

"Well what about you Carmen?"

"Im going to go as the girly grim reaper!" She announced proudly. That's my only idea completely down the drain. *sigh*

I carried on searching through the clothing racks until Carmen let out a squeal that scared the living daylight out of me!

"What is it?" I asked as I ran to her from where I was on the opposite side of the display she was looking at.

She had a costume in her arms which she practically forced into my hands.

I looked down at it and instantly shook my head.

"No way!"

"Why not it's perfect!"

"I can never pull it off..."

"You can!"

"I can't!"

"Look, I'll do your makeup, Tee can get your hair sorted it will look amazing on you!" She begged using puppy dog eyes which unfortunately I fell for. I walked up to the counter and paid for it.

Then I had to follow Carmen round the shop whilst she got hers. She was much more picky than me, like seriously how long does it take to choose something you will only wear once or twice at most anyway.

Next time, I'm taking Tee, or Jody, or Tyler! I bet none of them struggle to choose between two identical costumes.

Eventually though, she chose a costume. I couldn't tell much through the packaging but I did see hints of blue and pink which was a bit girly and tacky if you ask me.

"Starbucks?"

"You just read my mind!"

We wandered along the cobblestone roads of the high street. Sunset was beginning to kick in but Mike hadn't called either of us to get us back so we decided to just go anyway.

Carmen ordered a coffee or something but I just went for a chocolate milkshake thing with marshmallows. We both sat at our table in the corner not even speaking to each other. It was a bit awkward.

I would have never thought this situation would happen at all. Me, and Carmen, alone in Starbucks. I guess weirder things have happened.

"Carmen, we really should go get the bus!" I said, suddenly alarmed as I saw the time on the clock, 6:37pm!

She followed my gaze to the clock and instantly shot up out of her seat, grab it her paper bag, containing her costume.

I did the same and we both made a dash for the bus stop. I don't know what time the bus comes, so I don't know why we're running. Unless Carmen somehow knows but I highly doubt it.