Rory

11:00 is when my checks begin. I can see the clock that sits opposite me on the white / grey wall, it's now 10:59. Only one more minute of boredom.

Luckily, that minute just got cut short as a nurse dressed in a fully blue uniform walked in. He has brown hair and an abnormally pointy nose. He is holding a clipboard close to his chest with a pen stuck behind his ear, and looks oddly nervous.

He stopped at the foot of my bed and examined the clipboard.

"So Miss Riley, we have a few tests to run to ensure your body is in full working order and we can hopefully let you go home" he smiled.

"First, we will be taking a tiny sample of your blood. I'll push your bed and you to the testing room where we will be for a couple of hours, OK?"

"Sure. Thanks Nurse...?"

"Williams. But call me Rory."

"Ok then. Thanks Rory" he seemed to lighten up a bit, seeing that I won't bite.

Rory then took the breaks off my bed and wheeled me into the testing room. I don't get why I can't just walk, it wasn't very far at all. Literally just down the hallway.

He got out this grey plastic peg thing that had wires attached to it and put it over my finger. It pricked my finger making some blood come out that was then being analysed by the computer.

Rory pulled his glasses on and made some notes on the clipboard. "Now I'll need to check your blood pressure. I'm sure you know what this involves"

I nodded in agreement even though I have no honest clue. He got out this little machine and strapped a velcro strip round the top part of my arm and pumped the other end of the wire it was attached to.

It made a weird buzzing noise and felt kind of like a shiver down my spine, but on my arm.

"Looks good here" he said as it beeped away, I'm guessing it was signalling that it was finished doing whatever it was doing.

"So miss Riley, there doesn't seem to be any issues with your blood regarding contamination or cell activity...."

"That's good right?"

He sat back in his chair and removed his glasses. "Yes it's brilliant but usually takes much longer so now we have some spare time together. Fancy a chat?"

"Ok then" this is weird as hell but oh well. I'm out of here tomorrow, might as well leave knowing I made friends with a nervous nurse right?

"So Rory, how's life?"

"Life's...good. It's crazy, but good."

"Crazy is just familiar really, I live in care. There's never a day where nothing happens. Luckily, my boyfriend Ryan has always been there, since I arrived pretty much"

"Yeah my girlfriend, really helps me through it. Her name is Amy, well Amelia technically. She has amazing red hair and a Scottish accent. She risks her life for me, almost daily..."

"How does she risk her life?"

"You would never believe me"

"I've been in three different places that are on fire in the past 8 years, just tell me!"

"Well, these things called Daleks are mostly to blame. They are from another planet though..."

"Another planet?"

"Yes, the doctor takes us there..."

"The doctor takes the nurse to another planet? Seems legit.."