Home at last

Marie's POV

The grumpy nurse came in a few minutes ago and told me that my social worker, meaning Mike, was coming over to pick me up. I'm so happy! I can see everyone again and say a final 'so long' to this evil nurse!

If I knew how, I would file a complaint, seriously. I hate her so much. She comes in for no more than two minutes each time and barely does her job! Her job is to care, she doesn't seem to care about anything except going home later on when her shift ends!

I sat myself upright in the bed and waited for them to come when something dawned on me; I'm in a hospital gown, for obvious reasons, but I don't know where my normal clothes are! I'm not going back to the dumping ground wearing this!

The nurse barged back in, disturbing me from my thoughts but also answering my question. She carried a pile of my clothes back in, neat and folded. I presume she had washed them for me and now they are ready to wear.

"Get changed" she grunted.

"Thanks" I grunted back, mocking her tone. She didn't look that happy about it as she left, closing the door on her way out.

I looked at the clothes I had: black jeans, purple checkered top and my trainers. As well as like underwear and socks, obviously.

I stood up and removed the gown, suddenly feeling freezing as the cold air nipped me all over! Why aren't you ever allowed to wear anything underneath hospital gowns?

I put my underwear on then pulled on my jeans; left leg, right leg, wiggle wiggle wiggle, jump! (A/N Don't lie that's how you put jeans on, admit it!)

I then wrapped the checkered top round me and started doing the buttons up when someone came in!

I whipped round to face away from the door to finish doing up the buttons within t whoever it was, seeing anything!

"Whose that?!" I screeched.

"It's me and Mike" replied a gorgeous northern accent.

"Ok phew. Just give me a moment..."

"Why?"

"I need to fasten up these buttons!" I replied harshly.

"Oh" he said awkwardly. I finished doing up the last button then turned to face him. I know it was only like, yesterday that I last saw him, but it feels so new and unfamiliar.

I ran to him and gave him a massive hug. The 'I've missed you so much' hug! It felt amazing!

He kissed my cheek a couple times before we pulled away from each other, having realised Mike was standing in the doorway the whole time.

"Ready to go kiddo?"

I quickly nodded my head.

"Yeah, I'm feeling so much better now"

"Glad to hear it" Ryan said as he took hold of my hand. We began to leave the hospital, thank goodness!

I stepped out of the hospital to the upsetting surprise of rain! I had no clue it was raining today! Oh well. We all sprinted to Mikes car and Ryan and I got in the back seats.

Mike went on about a couple of serious things that we both just sort of nodded along to, not paying as much attention as we probably should have been.

"Marie, you need a break" Ryan whispered.

"I know right" I replied, thinking he was joking.

"No seriously. School starts the day after tomorrow, so I'm thinking, tonight we have a movie marathon, then tomorrow we do something fun? Go on a date together! Take your mind off everything that's going on right now! It will be great and I would love your company!"