You don't and deep down you know you don't

Yeah that didn't really go well. The second he walked in and I saw his face, an almighty rage grew up inside of me but I tried my best to conceal it.

Kazima sat him down on the other sofa opposite me and she sat on the arm of the sofa that I was on, slightly behind me.

Ryan stared at my face for a few seconds, probably looking for clues as the what was bothering me so much. I noticed a scratch on his cheek, at least I left something.

"So...what's wrong?" He asked after a while of silence.

I looked him in the eye as I said "you Ryan!"

"But what have I done wrong?"

I took a deep breath. How can he not know? It was hardly an accident was it?!

"You looked in my file! In every bodies files!"

He looked shocked that I knew, no doubt considering he thought nobody would tell me.

"Who told you?" He asked as he glared at Kazima.

"Nobody actually. I had to find out for myself whilst looking for the other thing you lot are keeping from me, but I'm guessing your not going to share that with me any time soon are you?!!"

"Marie can we please just..."

"What? Kiss and make up? I don't know Ryan, I really don't"

"Why not?"

"Because I'm sick to the back teeth of giving you second chances. I trust you and every time you let me down. It's like you're not you any more"

"It's still me. I'm still here.."

"But you're not here for me anymore"

"I am..."

"Then why did you look on my file?!"

"I...I...I don't know...I wasn't thinking straight..."

"It's the same thing every time"

"Can't we just put this behind us? Please!"

"Why should I Ryan? Give me one good reason!"

"Because I love you!"

"But you don't and deep down you know it!"

"That's not true..."

"Yes it is. Otherwise you would have never looked on my file. You're just too scared for us to be over..."

It hurt, pushing him away. But I want him to reassure me that I can trust him. I need him to show it.
----------

Ryan's POV

Marie was right, I'm scared for us to be over because I don't know what I'de do without her. I do love her, it's painful knowing that she thinks otherwise.

"And honestly Ryan it's getting exhausting."

"I'll try harder...ill be better...please..."

"But what about me Ryan?"

"I'll do better for you, I'll do anything for you! Please...!"

"I don't know Ryan..."

"Give me one last chance so that I can prove myself, get back in your good books! Please Marie?!"

I was also in tears and practically begging her by this point.

----------

Marie's POV

I considered this for a few moments. One final chance and that's it.

"Ok, but your on thin ice. If your chance is gone then it's gone. You have one shot and that is it."