Police Box

It's just gone 8 and I have barely slept at all. Mai Lee's words were ringing round my head over and over, repeating themselves in a spiral of confusion and meaningfulness.

I dragged myself out of bed and went down for breakfast. Having eaten almost nothing yesterday, I'm so hungry I feel I might pass out.

As I approach the kitchen, I can hear everybody talking excitedly. I don't know what about. Oh well, time to face the music.

As soon as I set foot in the kitchen, the whole room goes silent and everybody turns to look at me, including Ryan.

Everybody remained silent as I walked over and took a seat on the end of the table, next to Ryan who, like everybody else, was minding his own business, waiting for breakfast to be served.

"So can we Mike, please?" Tyler randomly begged.

Mike nodded at him. "Ok Tyler but if anything goes wrong, it's on you!" Mike then got up and left us kids alone in the dining room with Mai Lee. She placed some plates of toast and cereals down and then left as well.

"What was he on about?" I whispered to Ryan, louder than I meant to.

"The big dumping ground sleepover!" Tyler stated proudly.

"The what?!" I questioned, practically choking on my toast.

"The big dumping ground sleepover! You'll see" he said.

"Sounds a bit weird Tyler" I sighed.

"At least she's talking to us now" Carmen said.

"Yeah, sorry guys, about that. Hard times, you know..."

"We understand" said Tee. It's weird. I don't like or hate Tee. She always tries to poke her nose in where it isn't wanted but she's also there for me sometimes. I don't get it. It's so confusing.

"Thanks Tee. But seriously Tyler, a sleepover?"

I looked at Tyler, who whispered something to Jody. Jody's eyes lit up and she instantly smiled. They both looked over to me and Tyler said "come on Jody. Lots of planning to do before the event..."

They then both got up and ran off upstairs in fits of laughter and excitement to plan this sleepover or whatever. I just decided to eat my breakfast without getting involved in anything else. I may be talking but that doesn't mean I have forgiven anybody for anything, specially not Mike.

Breakfast finished and I was sat in the living room, watching Floss do her dance. She isn't that great but it really makes her happy and if you say no, you'll soon be sorry.

When she was down I started clapping. "Well done Floss that was really good?"

"How good?"

"Brilliant! I loved it!"

"Ahem" Tyler cleared his throat from the doorway before walking up to us and giving each of us a folded up piece of paper, before walking off in the direction of the dining room.

I looked at Floss who happily skipped away without even looking at her paper.

"You got one too?" Asked Ryan as he sat beside me on the sofa.

"Yeah do you know what it is?"

"Open it up"

I unfolded the paper to see a colourful note written in rather poor handwriting.

'THE BIG DUMPING GROUND SLEEPOVER!

Hi there. Everybody is invited to a sleepover, tonight, in the lounge.
Bring your duvet and pillow and get ready for popcorn, films, karaoke and much more!