Surprises in store...

"Can I come in?" Called Kazima through the door.

"Only if you have a hammer or mallet" I replied. She opened the door a bit and peeped round.

"Why do you need a mallet?"

"To open this flipping box!" I said tossing the box down on the bed where I sat with my legs crossed, staring at it.

"You know, every puzzle has a solution"

"Well it's not a very easy one! It's not easy at all! It's hard, very hard!"

"You'll get into it, I'm sure you will"

"So am I. Mike keeps the camping mallet in the shed right?"

"Well yes but..."

"Ok then, thanks Kaz!"

"That's really not what I meant though..."

"See ya!" I yelled as I shoved past her and starting running down the hall, with the box in my hand. I made it down the stairs and unlocked, then opened the front door.

After walking all the way out to the shed, I realised I don't have the key. *sigh*

I ran all the way back into the house, into the office and retrieve the key from Mike. I told him I was using it to access the outdoor games, and he believed me!

I ran back out to the shed and dug around in all the rubbish and random tools. I eventually found the mallet in with all the tents and stuff from camping, with all the line hooks.

I took the mallet and left the shed. I set the box down on the grass outside the shed door and held the mallet above my shoulder, ready to swing.

"Stop!" Yelled Bailey. "Don't smash the shed what were you thinking?!!"

"I'm not" I laughed as he ran towards me. "I'm smashing this stupid box"

"What's the point in that?"

"To get whatever is inside it. I have to know"

"Fair enough"

He stepped back a couple of paces and watched as I swung the mallet over my shoulder, then with all the force I could, I swung it down onto the box. To my surprise, it didn't break! It didn't even crack or scratch! Nothing!

I tried again, and again, and again!

"Hey hey stop!" Bailey said as he came up behind me and took the mallet from my exhausted left arm. "It's not working, face it"

"Stupid box!"

"Anyway, I can outside to tell you that movie night is starting in a few minutes and you need to come inside"

"Ok I'll be there in a minute"

He spun on his heels and ran away inside. I picked up the box in complete awe. How has it not been damaged?! I just battered it with a mallet for flips sake!!

I carried the box back inside I left it on the kitchen table where I wouldn't loose it. Everyone was waiting for me in the living room when I walked in. "Finally! Can we watch it now?!" Floss pouted impatiently!

"Yeah yeah" I said snidely as I took my usual seat on the sofa next to Ryan, like always.

"Did you open it?" He asked.

Before I could answer, Bailey piped up from behind me.

"No! But she gave it quite the beating!"

Ryan gave me this weird look, as did everybody else.

"I hit it with a mallet"

"Are you mad!!!???"