Dicing with Darkness

By Blaynero

A young Jedi Padawan by the name of Leo Kennex has the only home he's ever known destroyed. Follow Leo's stor... More

Message
Dramatis Personae
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Remnants of Past
Chapter 2 - Soothing the Flame
Chapter 3 - Old Mates
Chapter 5 - Respect of Decisions
Chapter 6 - Close Call
Chapter 7 - Deception, Disgrace
Chapter 8 - Suspicion
Chapter 9 - Beginnings
Chapter 10 - Lesson Learn't
Chapter 11 - Close Encounters
Chapter 12 - Cruelness
Chapter 13 - Wing It
Chapter 14 - Gubrara and Katree
Chapter 15 - Aftermath
Chapter 16 - Final Exam
Chapter 17 - Rekishi
Chapter 18 - Unforeseen
Chapter 19 - Familiar Presence
Chapter 20 - Jezebel
Chapter 21 - Together
Chapter 22 - Eva...
Chapter 23 - Ensuing Sparkles
Chapter 24 - Kudarizaka
Chapter 25 - Kongล
Chapter 26 - Final Bout (Part 1)
Chapter 26 - Final Bout (Part 2)
Chapter 27 - Final Love
Writer's Thanks

Chapter 4 - Old Sparks, New Flames

14 0 1
By Blaynero

The Next Day...

The sound of blaster bolts faintly echoed through Jedi Temple. As Master Obi-wan Kenobi and Master Yoda deflect bolts every which way at the clone troopers with such precision and grace in their technique you could almost say they were dancing.

The hiss coming off Leo and Xavier's jetpacks could be heard by Master Obi-wan and Yoda as they flew overhead. Leo sees Obi-wan and Yoda at the entrance of the temple and decides to land in the middle of the conflict. Pulling two Westar-34 pistols from his holsters and shooting the last few troopers.

The corpses drop to the floor one by one. Leo lands and removes his helmet. A sigh of relief escapes him while he bows in respect. "Master Obi-wan, Master Yoda. What are you doing here? If you don't mind me asking?" He greets, placing the Westar's back in their holsters.

Xavier interrupts as he is lands. "Why'd ya fly away from me like that?" He quickly withdraws his comment noticing Obi-wan and Yoda realizing his rude intrusion, apologises. Slightly tipping his head forward doing a half ass attempt at bowing.

Obi-wan and Yoda, quite familiar with Xavier's oblivious nature glance at each other and shrug it off. "It's quite alright Xavier. And the reason we are back at the temple, young padawan is to deactivate signal that tells all Jedi that weren't in the temple to return and that the wars over."

"And to discover who is behind this tragic event, it is." Yoda adds.

Leo then replies, quick to answer Yoda. "That's an easy question to answer, Master. It was Master Obi-wan's former padawan who led th..."

"It was who?" Obi-wan interrupts, his eyes widen from Leo's words.

"It was your former apprentice Anakin Skywalker, Master Obi-wan. He led the attack with the 501st Legion. They shot us down like we were wamp rats, I was luckily saved by Xavier." He looks back over his shoulder flashing mocking glare to Xavier.

Xavier, putting on an innocent face retorts. "I said I was sorry what else do ya want from me?"

Obi-wan walks back a few small steps and puts his left hand on his forehead, falling onto the temple steps in shock from Leo's words. "Are you sure it was Anakin?"

"I'm positive Master, however, he doesn't go by that name anymore. I overheard some troopers call him Darth Vader as the clones enter the temple." Leo answers, sympathetic to Obi-wan's reaction.

"See for ourselves we must." Yoda says to Obi-wan, comforting him.

Everyone walks into the temple. Obi-wan tries to keep an open mind with the information he with holds. The corpses of the fallen Jedi still lay in the temple untouched. Leo - carrying his helmet - starts to have flashbacks of the scourge that befell him. Sweat starts to pour down his face, his breathe becomes heavy. Everything he saw and did, the memories still rapidly resonate within him. Randomly flashing different sequences of the engagement. He starts to hesitantly walk back.

"Ya alright mate?" Xavier asks, turning back to his best friend.

Leo trips over a corpse. It's the little girl he'd seen shot right in front of him. Her vacant stare gives way to his fear rising causing him to scream in fear and run out of the temple.

Obi-wan and Yoda look back to Xavier, both saying nothing, but at the same time telling him to console Leo with their wise, benevolent gaze. Xavier nods in agreement and walks out. He puts on his helmet. Leo sits on the stairs that lead into the temple with his head in his hands looking down at the ground, Xavier sits next to him - taking his helmet off.

"Do ya wanna talk about it?" Xavier asks; Leo shakes his head slowly looking up to the horizon.

"I thought I could handle it... I thought I could just come back here for the sabres and leave." Leo faintly answers, looking over to Xavier with a disappointed look on his face.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. It's only been like one day since ya were last here. And besides we didn't have to come back here for the sabres anyway." Grabbing for something from behind, Xavier reveals the sabres and puts them beside Leo with a large grin.

Leo looks down at to the lightsabres, to Xavier. He grins back, letting out a little chuckle. "Did you get these first before coming rescue me?" He broadens his smile as he grabs the sabres to re-establish his familiarity with them.

Xavier looking offended, rebuts. "Don't be stupid. I had a quick look for them and when I couldn't find them, I rescued ya and then went back to find them. Riyo asked me to see if ya were truly okay to come back here after you found your way to me. Looks like she was right." He Looks the other way after talking, coughing.

"Thank you, you're a good friend ya know that."

"No worries, mate." Xavier replies, slapping Leo on the leg, picking up his helmet. He stands up to walk back into the temple.

"Hey, Xavier." Leo says to Xavier in an inquisitive manor.

"Yeah mate?" Xavier replies, stopping and turning with caution to Leo.

"All that stuff you did. Did you do it because Riyo told you to or because you liked her?"

Xavier starts to blush and yells out. "Where'd ya get that idea from!?" Putting on his helmet, he storms off back into the temple.

"No worries, mate your secrets safe with me!" Leo sarcastically yells out to Xavier in laughter.

Leo returns his gaze back to the sabres reminiscing about the person who gave him these lightsabres, Ahsoka. Ahsoka was a close friend of Leo's, teaching him many lessons about being a Jedi; heck she was the one who taught him how to hold his lightsabre both in normal and reverse grip. He even grew feelings for Ahsoka. That day when she left the order is forever etched into his brain.

Leo was there with the Jedi council when they were apologising to Ahsoka for the wrong that they had accused her of doing. And when they offered her to come back to the order, she refused walking off with nothing, but the force now to guide her.

Some of the Jedi Masters left as she began to walk off, however, Master Skywalker stood there and watched his only apprentice walk away, down the stairs out of his line of sight. Leo didn't like the idea of Ahsoka walking away without saying goodbye so he ran after her.

Yelling out to Ahsoka to wait, she stopped and turned around to face him. "You're done? Just like that? And without saying goodbye."

Ahsoka smiles, admiring his perseverance. "It's time for me to take a new path."

"Then... I'll come with you" Leo replies, looking desperate in tone and domineer to do so.

Ahsoka places her right hand on his left shoulder. "Your path is a different one to mine and your path right now is to stay with the order." Leo nods sadly in agreement.

"Goodbye, Leo. I'll never forget you." Ahsoka continues to walk down the temple stairs.

Leo quickly grabs her hand. "Wait there's one thing I need to do first."

"What's that?" Ahsoka inquisitively asks, shifting her body towards him. Leo grabs her by the waist and kisses her on the lips.

Leo's heart begins to pulse at an unnatural rate, going into a daze with anxiety riddling him from the inside out. Another feeling then starts to blossom inside him, love. It overwhelms Leo. Ahsoka puts her arms around his neck and lifts her left leg of the ground.

Leo disconnects the lip-lock. "That." He answers feeling red in the face. Ahsoka becomes flustered, blushing with intensity. She smiles at Leo.

"I didn't see that coming." Ahsoka gives him one more kiss and whispers. "Goodbye." Finally walking off out of his life forever.

When Leo got back to his room in the temple on his bed were Ahsoka's lightsabres with a note saying:

Dear Leo

I've had the pleasure and honour of fighting by your side and being your trusted friend. I hope you can honour the memory of me by using my Lightsabres and become the best Jedi you can be. Have a good life and don't waste your time missing me cause that'll be my job.

Love Ahsoka

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 197 38
In the second installment of the Padawan series, Andora finds her world split between the light and the dark. Finding all the Jedi she loved have per...
9.6K 231 57
A Darth Vader Romance Kat I am no one. A shadow. Insignificant. Or at least, that's what I was taught to be. I could not have predicted that it was...
55.3K 945 12
Y/n left the Jedi Order at 19 to be with her family in Alderaan in hopes of a somewhat normal life, not wanting to be involved with the Clone Wars an...
5 0 4
A Boy name Xane. Living in a Planet that's for dismantling Ships. He is assisted with two close allies of him on his adventure that Fate has planned...