Dicing with Darkness

By Blaynero

A young Jedi Padawan by the name of Leo Kennex has the only home he's ever known destroyed. Follow Leo's stor... More

Message
Dramatis Personae
Chapter 1 - Remnants of Past
Chapter 2 - Soothing the Flame
Chapter 3 - Old Mates
Chapter 4 - Old Sparks, New Flames
Chapter 5 - Respect of Decisions
Chapter 6 - Close Call
Chapter 7 - Deception, Disgrace
Chapter 8 - Suspicion
Chapter 9 - Beginnings
Chapter 10 - Lesson Learn't
Chapter 11 - Close Encounters
Chapter 12 - Cruelness
Chapter 13 - Wing It
Chapter 14 - Gubrara and Katree
Chapter 15 - Aftermath
Chapter 16 - Final Exam
Chapter 17 - Rekishi
Chapter 18 - Unforeseen
Chapter 19 - Familiar Presence
Chapter 20 - Jezebel
Chapter 21 - Together
Chapter 22 - Eva...
Chapter 23 - Ensuing Sparkles
Chapter 24 - Kudarizaka
Chapter 25 - Kongō
Chapter 26 - Final Bout (Part 1)
Chapter 26 - Final Bout (Part 2)
Chapter 27 - Final Love
Writer's Thanks

Prologue

29 2 2
By Blaynero

Screams of pain echoed through the Jedi Temple, shadowing the hum of the lightsabres. This is the nightmare Leo Kennex is experiencing, the horrific sight of his Jedi brothers and sisters being massacred at the hands of 501st Legion. The sick feeling of seeing all of them perish makes his heart break, but the feeling of adrenaline kicks back and refocus Leo on the situation in front of him.

Darth Vader seemed to radiate the Dark Side of the force more and more with each Jedi he killed, anyone who attempted a strike at the Sith apprentice was quickly struck down. Leo looks on in fear thinking he will be slain by the Sith Apprentice, but whilst still looking at Vader Leo began to miss what's going on around him until he hears footsteps running towards him. He turns abruptly to see a Padawan - she looked to be younger than Leo based on her small stature and childlike features but she looked tired. Her face was sweaty and pale; her clothes were dowsed in sweat.

The Padawan must have been running from troopers amongst all the blaster bolts, and as she was running towards Leo she fell. The dwindling feeling of sadness came over him for a brief few seconds as he grieved for the girl he never even knew. She was shot from behind by a trooper and in shock, Leo stood frozen and looked down at her corpse and then look back up at the trooper who shot her.

The adrenaline feeling was gone and in its place anger blossomed like a flower. He ignited his lightsabre - its Blue beam pulsed out of the hilt and then Leo quickly ran towards the trooper and sliced his waist in two. The anger is gone and is now replaced by shock as he looked back at the trooper lying on the floor. His first kill. It shouldn't have happened yet. None of this should have.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Serran By Gray

Fanfiction

1.7K 70 21
Serran is a nineteen year old human who lives in the lower levels of Coruscant. He has been living down there ever since he was expelled from the jed...
761 26 7
For a moment, Anakin lets his worries slip away and loses himself in the legend of Darth Plagueis. But the Sith's death means the death of the knowle...
19K 771 17
There has always been two sides in the Force. The Light and the Dark. You could belong to either group. However, what happens when a Dark Side user h...
57.9K 1.7K 31
DARTH VADER FINDS LOVE ON NABOO TEN YEARS AFTER PADME'S DEATH. But can he trust his heart? Can he bring himself to trust her? Star Wars is owned by t...