Impossible: An L Lawliet Love...

By Tukikochan

When Aurora Hakatashi escapes from her cell in the Diclonius Research Institute, she meets an unlikely group:... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Again
Chapter 3: Conditions
Chapter 4: Nightmares, Cap'n Crunch, and Light
Chapter 5: Gaming With Matt
Chapter 6: Confinement
Chapter 7: Just Like the Video Games
Chapter 8: Demonstration
Chapter 9: Sims 2
Chapter 10: A Diclonius's Weakness
Chapter 11: Disaster Date
Chapter 12: A Stolen Kiss
Chapter 13: A Visit From the Institute
Chapter 14: A Childhood Friend
Chapter 15: Assets Revealed-Almost!
Chapter 16: Light's Bullet
Chapter 17: Lollipop
Chapter 18: The End of the Line
Chapter 19: He Wants Me...To Be Bait
Chapter 20: Don't Play Dumb, Misa
Chapter 22: A Glimpse into the Past
Chapter 23: Light's New Objective
Chapter 24: Strawberries & Whipped Cream
Chapter 25: A Date?

Chapter 21: Knocked Out

1.3K 50 6
By Tukikochan

~{ This chapter is dedicated to Uchiha Kurochi for her fabulous contributions to the plot of this story!!}~

    "Light! Would you mind talking with me a little bit?" L asked him quietly, motioning to a secluded corner of the dining room.

    Light eyes him suspiciously but nevertheless follows him and looks at L expectantly. "Yes? What is it?"

    L looks around warily before clearing his throat. "So...I have managed to get Aurora on our team. I'm quite surprised actually. I was 55% sure she was working with Kira. Or even planning on it. Hell, she still might be working with him, but at least now I can test her."

    "So you're telling me you think Aurora is on Kira's side?" Light says. In his mind, Light knew Aurora wasn't working with Kira. But he decided to play it off as if she might actually be on his side. "What led you to think that?"

    "I think you know, Light." And that's all he said before walking off.

     "So, L, what am I supposed to be doing again?" I ask as L hands me a cell phone and a wallet.

    "Okay, you're going to go to this address," he starts, holding out a small slip of paper, "and you're going to bring back the man who lives there for questioning—willingly or by force."

    "But...I thought I was helping you get closer to the suspects. Not fetching them."

    "Well, that too. Now, Aurora, this man, Mr. Hyuni, he's not very dangerous. He lives alone and should be an easy guy to convince to come back here."

    I sigh, grumbling under my breath. This whole thing was irritating me, and I was starting to wish I didn't agree to help him out.

    "I guess I'll leave you to it then. I shall see you when you get back, yes?"

    I nod.

    "And after you're done with that one, there's another guy for you to seize. But I'll tell you more about him when you return." L turned and left the room.

    I grab my things and leave the premise. It was time for my first objective. I got into a cab and gave the driver the address in my hands. I turn in my seat and watch out the window as he drove through the city and into a small neighborhood. Driving along the street, he turned into a driveway.

    "$24.85 please," the driver said, turning around in his seat to watch me.

    I quickly get out the wallet L gave me and fumble to open it nervously. I finally open it and hand him $25. "Keep the change," I mumble, getting out of the car and quietly shutting the door. I walk up the sidewalk, my heart pounding in my chest like a bass drum. I was honestly nervous about talking to this man. I knock on his door and wait.

    I heard the door opening only to have it be stopped by a chain. An eye watched me from the crack. "Who is it?"

    "My name is Aya Garusi," I lie, using the name L gave me, "and I'm looking for Guro Hyuni. Would that be you?"

    "Well, that would depend on who's asking."

    "Sir, I'm not working with the police. This is strictly business."

    "What kind of business?"

    "I just wanna talk."

    The man grumbles a few words to himself and closes the door, opening it again, this time unchained. "I suppose you can come in," he states, moving aside to make room for me to walk in.

    I slowly step in and look around cautiously.

    "So what is it you want to talk about?" He asks, leading me to a couch and sitting down. Guro watches me suspiciously and crosses his arms.

    "I want to ask if you would come back with me to be interrogated," I say.

    "What for? I thought you weren't working with the police," Guro says skeptically. He leans down, reaching under his chair and grabbed something that I couldn't see.

    "I'm not," I say quickly. I guess it was a little too quick for his liking because he pulled out a metal baseball bat and stood quickly, hitting me in the head before I had time to react. The blow was bonecrushingly hard and I bit my lip in agony as I held my head, my vision getting blurry. As I tried to recover, Guro closed in on me and continued hitting me with the bat until I fell over. My ankles felt as stiff as metal poles. They wouldn't move for anything.  I squeezed my eyes shut as he yelled profanities at me. I felt hopeless as I tried unsuccessfully to use my vectors. I groaned as Guro lifted my arms, throwing me over his shoulders as I blacked out.

    I opened my eyes quickly, looking around at my surroundings. I was in a small room with one very dim light and I was lying on the floor. And, to add icing to the cake, my hands and feet were tied behind my back. My entire body ached, and I saw the already formed bruises all down my arms and legs from the impact of the bat. Infuriated, I find the strength to control my vectors and break the bindings holding my arms and legs together.

    I stand shakily and attempt to open the door to the very small room. It was locked so I used my vectors to unlock it and burst out the door. Of course I didn't have my phone or wallet and Mr. Hyuni was nowhere in sight.

    "Guro! Get your ass out here!! Where are you?" I shout, quickly scanning each section of the room.

    Guro stepped into my sights, frowning and crossing his arms. "How the hell did you get out?"

    I smirk mischievously and step towards him slowly, "Oh Guro, you should've come with me. And you shouldn't have pulled that stunt earlier because now I'm angry." I ready my vectors, waiting for his reply.

    "I don't give a damn if you're really angry!" He shouts. He lunges at me and I end it quickly, knocking off his head. It rolls towards me and I stop it with my foot, before kicking it across the room.

    "You're mistake." I see my phone across the room on the couch I was sitting on and quickly dart across the room to grab it. I dial Misa's number and hold the phone to my ear, waiting for her to pick up.

    "Hello?!" I heard her cheerful voice answer.

    "Uh...hey Misa. It's Aurora. I was wondering if you could come and get me from this man's house. I'm kinda stuck."

    "A man's house?!?! What??" She yells, "Why didn't you tell me?"

    "It is not like that, Misa. Trust me," I assure her.

    "Mmhm...You sure?"

    "Misa! Yes! Now are you going to pick me up or not?!" I ask.

    Misa giggles, "Of course! Text me the address and I'll be right there."

    "Sure. Good bye," I say. I type in Guro's address and send it to her. Stepping outside, I sit on the porch and notice how much darker it had gotten since I arrived here this afternoon. 'How long had I been gone?' I ask myself.

    About five minutes later, a limousine pulled up and the door opened. "Hey, come on in!"

    I get into the limo and shut the door, turning to Misa.

    "So, care to explain how you got that?" Misa asked, pointing to my head.

    "What is it?"

    "It's a bruise! What happened?"

    "Long story. Basically this guy beat the crap out of me with a metal baseball bat," I admit nonchalantly.

    "You let him??" She asked, grabbing my arm and digging her nails into my skin.

    "Misa! My vision was blurry! I was too weak to use my vectors! I didn't know what to do!" I explain, looking away from her and out the window, watching as cars pass by.

    "Okay Aurora..." Misa mumbles.

    A few minutes later, we arrived at the task force building and I opened the door, stepping out.

    "You go ahead, Aurora. I have to do something," Misa tells me.

    "But...it's late..." I say.

    "I'll be okay. Don't worry. I'll see you later, Aurora," she said, closing the door and riding away.

    I sigh, walking into the building. I rub my throbbing head and step into the kitchen only to notice L sitting on a chair, facing away from me.

    "L?"

    L snaps his head around to stare at me before hopping off of the chair and holding my head. "What happened? Where have you been? Where's Guro?" He asked.

    I shake my head, "He beat the crap out of me with a metal bat. I killed him after I regained consciousness. Got a ride home from Misa."

    "Damn...are you okay?" He asks, searching my eyes with his.

    "Yeah, I think so. Just a couple of bruises. Nothing that won't fade away," I say optimisticically.

    "Aurora, you're bleeding also," he says softly, studying my face.

    "I'll be okay, L. I promise."

    But L dragged me into the bathroom and got out the first aid kit anyways, bandaging up my bleeding parts. He nodded in satisfaction at his work, his eyes moving to mine and remaining there. We both stared at each other, both of us somehow leaning closer and closer until our lips nearly touched.

     ~{Hey! Sorry for the cliffhanger ending!! I just wanted add some spice to it, y 'know ;) anyways, thanks again Uchiha Kurochi for your fabulous contributions to my story!! Thank you!! I love you guys!!! Remember, comment your thoughts!}~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 45 27
Misa still doesn't realize that Light is using her because she is the second Kira and because she can help him perfectly with the things he likes: Ki...
78.6K 2.4K 48
"You Y/N L/N are a kira suspect. And I'll have an eye on you at all times. Even if means we have to be chained up together." And that's ho...
7.5K 424 43
Warning: Blood, Gore, Mention of Suicide, etc. I do not own Death Note or any Death Note characters. Enjoy :3
13.3K 399 27
COMPLETED After being accepted as an intern for the Japanese Task Force, Reo is brought onto the task of helping L catch Kira. But once she learns ho...