Chapter 11: Disaster Date

I chowed down on L's delicious cake. "Now I know why you eat this cake so much! It's so delicious!"

L nodded. "Indeed, it's pretty delicious."

"Aurora? You 're out of your room?!"

I turn towards the voice and smile. "Hey Misa!"

Misa grinned, running towards me and hugging me. "Yay! You're finally out! I can't believe mean ol' L locked you in your room for two whole weeks!"

"Yes, mean ol' L locked her in her room. How horrible..." L mumbled, walking out of the room with his plate of cake in his hand.

"What's wrong with him?" Misa asked.

I shrugged. "He's L. There's no telling."

"Oh. Well, anyways, anything interesting happen in that room of yours. Anything interesting including that guy, Matt?" she asked, giggling.

I furrow my eyebrows. 'What is she talking about?' I looked at Misa. "Um, we played video games...and talked a bit."

"Well, I think he likes you. Everyday he talks about hurrying to your room. Has he asked you out yet?"

I blush. "Um...yeah. He did."

Misa squealed in delight. "OMG! I have got to get you ready! When is your date?"

"I'm not sure. He said when I get out of my room," I said.

"Well you're out now! Go talk to him!" she said, excitedly.

"Okay, okay Misa. I'll go! But we have to catch up later, you hear me?"

"Duh! Of course! Now go see your man!" she giggled.

"Okay, but he's not my man yet!" I walked away from her and set my dirty plate in the kitchen sink. Walking to the elevator and arriving on Matt's shared floor with Mello, I walked out of the elevator and knocked on the door that I believed to be Matt's.

The door opened and a guy with blonde hair cut in a bob stared at me. "Yes?"

I bite my lip. Hmm...this wasn't Matt's room? "Hey...um is this Matt's room?"

The blonde shook his head. "Obviously not. This is my room. My name's Mello, remember?"

I nodded slowly. "Yeah...I do. I'm sorryfor disturbing you," I apologized.

"Nah, I'm okay. You might as well come in. I'm bored out of my damn mind anyway." he sighed.

"Actually I was-"

"Oh yeah, you were going to see Matt, huh? Well go ahead, be my guest. I just thought I'd be nice," he grunted.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you. I'll come in if you'd like," I said, trying to be nice.

Mello rolled his eyes. "Just go to Matt. I don't care."

I sighed. "Okay, I will. See ya, Mello." He closes his door, and I walk down the hall to another room and knock.

Matt opened the door and his face lit up. "Aurora! L let you out?"

I smiled, "Obviously or I wouldn't be standing here."

Matt chuckles. "So...do you want to go on that date now?"

I smiled and nodded. "Um, I guess I should get ready," I said, blushing.

Matt blushed too. "Yeah, me too. I'll uh meet you in about an hour. Is that okay?"

I smiled and nodded quickly. "Yes! I'll be ready for you!" I rushed back to my room and dug through my closet for a nice outfit. Putting it on, I sit on my bed and wait for Matt.

"Wow, you look great!" Matt said. He grins. "So where do you want to go, Aurora?"

"Um...I'm not exactly adapted to the ways of the city. Where are the best places to go?" I asked.

"Well it depends on what we wanna do. Do you wanna go get some dinner? Or go play video games? Or watch a movie?"

I bite my lip. 'Hmmm...what should we do?' I thought to myself. "How about we go play video games?"

Matt grins. "Great choice! Asuka's Arcade we go!" He leads me outside to his nice, red car and drives out of the driveway.

We finally arrive at Asuka's Arcade. Matt holds the door for me, and I smile. "Thank you, Matt!"

We both walk to a machine, and Matt puts a couple of twenty dollar bills in. I hear the clinking sound of change falling into the metal tray on the machine. "Here you go, Aurora. This is an arcade and when you want to play a game, you place a quarter in this slot right here," Matt explained, handing me a handful of quarters and showing me the quarter slot on a Pacman game. He showed me how to play, and I watched. After he died three times, he put in another quarter. "Now you try."

I smile and nervously place my hands on the controls. I control the yellow ball thing and make him eat all of the circles around the level. I clear the level and do a light cheer. "Yes!"

"Good job! Looks like arcade games are a piece of cake for you!"

I couldn't help it, but when Matt mentioned cake, I began to think about L. 'I need to stop thinking about another guy while I'm on a date!' I think to myself, looking at Matt and smiling sweetly. "This is fun!"

Matt smiles softly. "Would you like something to eat or drink?" he asks.

I nod slowly. "Yeah, sure!" I say, turning back to Pacman and continuing.

Matt walks off to get something to eat while I play. Suddenly, a guy walks past me and stands next to me. "Hello, there. What's a sexy thing like you doing in a place like this?" he asked.

I turned to him, frowning. "I'm here on a date. Why is it any of your concern?"

He smiled creepily. "Just wandering. How would you like to ditch your date and come hang out with me?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, I'll have to pass on that."

"Oh come on. I can show you a fun time," he whispers, his hand wrapping around my waist and pulling me close. He smelled like alcohol and cigarettes.

I tried hard to hold back my anger but I was unsuccessful when I use my vectors to rip his arm off. "Don't touch me!"

The guy screamed in agony and stepped away from me. "You bitch! How did you-"

"Aurora! What happened?!" Matt interrupts, running towards me quickly with a tray of food in his arms. He sets the food down and stares at the sight.

"This guy was trying to...trying to do something! I'm not even sure of his intentions!" I shout, glaring at the guy as his arm bled rapidly.

"Somebody call the police!" someone shouted.

Matt groaned, grabbing my arm and rushing me out of the arcade. "We need to go! Quickly!" he says, dragging me to his car and opening the door for me.

I get in the car and hurriedly buckle my seat belt. 'Damn. Why'd I have to lose control of my temper?! I ruined the date! And now L will probably lock me in my room again,' I think to myself. I sigh, resting my cheek on my hand. I didn't want to go home and face L's wraith. But I suppose it was inevitable...