A New Beginning {Sequel to My...

By Wandering_Revenant

Nue Houjuu is back and is badder than ever. Her wish has been fulfilled and now she's reaching for the next o... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Her New Life
Chapter 3: Battling The One-Tails
Chapter 4: Getting the Job Done
Chapter 5: Old Friends
Chapter 6: Fights and Old Family
Chapter 7: Just Like Old Times
Chapter 8: Another Mission
Chapter 9: The Nightmare
Chapter 10: Road Trip
Chapter 11: Nue's Curse Mark Form
Chapter 12: Missions, Emotions, and Confessions
Chapter 13: A Test of Skill; Pain vs. Pleasure
Chapter 14: The Two Immortals In Action
Chapter 15: Bickering
Chapter 16: Akatsuki vs. Leaf Village Ninja
Chapter 17: What's Done is Done
Chapter 18: The Plan
Chapter 19: Here We Go Again
Chapter 20: Can't Go Back
Chapter 21: Memories and Losses
Chapter 22: Iri's Death
Chapter 23: Finding Out Why
Chapter 25: The Search for Zabuza's Blade
Chapter 26: Neko Visit
Chapter 27: Tears and Apologies
Chapter 28: Art vs. Sharingan
Chapter 29: Blast From The Past
Chapter 30: Karin's Guardian Angel
Chapter 31: Suffering Another Loss
Chapter 32: Sasuke Joins Akatsuki?!
Chapter 33: The Toughest Battle, Even For Nue
Chapter 34: A Scared and Confused Child
Chapter 35: Attack on the Hidden Leaf Village
Chapter 36: Naruto vs. Pein
Chapter 37: Forgiveness Is The First Step
Chapter 38: Catching Up With An Old Friend
Chapter 39: Home
Chapter 40: Conversations
Chapter 41: Saving Naruto
Chapter 42: Time in Prison
Chapter 43: Torture Session
Chapter 44: Kind or Cruel?
Chapter 45: Paying the Price for Reckless Actions
Chapter 46: Restriction and Stories
Chapter 47: Working Together
Chapter 48: The Man Behind the Mask
Chapter 49: The Five Kage Summit Pt. 1
Chapter 50: The Five Kage Summit Pt. 2
Chapter 51: Heartless Sasuke, Compassionate Nue
Chapter 52: Had Enough
Chapter 53: The Alliance
Chapter 54: Lying Low
Chapter 55: We Finally Meet
Chapter 56: Cherishing These Moments
Chapter 57: Stressed Out
Chapter 58: The Return of Manda
Chapter 59: Bring It On
Chapter 60: For Her
Chapter 61: Nue vs. Madara and Kabuto
Chapter 62: Eternal Sleep
Chapter 63: Right By Your Side
Chapter 64: Flashbacks
Chapter 65: Nue's Training Pt. 1
Chapter 66: Nue's Training Pt. 2
Chapter 67: Nue's Training Pt. 3
Chapter 68: Discovered
Chapter 69: Awake and Dangerous
Chapter 70: Saving Nue
Chapter 71: Triggered
Chapter 72: A Mixture of Sympathy and Empathy
Chapter 73: Eun's Assistance
Chapter 74: Last Stand
Chapter 75: Lost
Chapter 76: Epilogue

Chapter 24: Because The Moon is Blue

386 16 0
By Wandering_Revenant

While I enjoyed the night air, I began training. I had no idea where I was going. But I know one thing for sure, I have to find my purpose. After training, I made myself a new hooded cloak. I walked up a hill, deciding to pay Zabuza and Haku a visit.

My hood was pulled over my head while I walked up the hill. Once I was there, I pulled off my hood and stared down at their graves before getting down on my knees. I cupped my hands together and prayed.

When I was done praying, I opened my eyes. "Hey, Uncle. Long time no see. It's good to se you again. You too, Haku." I said. "Sorry for not showing up sooner. I've been... well, busy. I sure do miss you guys. I wish I could've saved you. Both of you. I also wish I could reset everything,"

I created a flame in my hand until it turned into a red-orange rose. "Here. It's for you." I said. I made another rose and placed them on Zabuza and Haku's grave. "I've gotta go. I promise I'll make my visits longer next time. See you around." I said.

I smiled sadly before standing to my feet. "That's strange. Where's the sword?" I asked, noticing it was gone. "Why would someone take it? And for what reason?" I mumbled to myself. "Hmm..."

I left their graves, heading back to my spot in the woods. I noticed I was near a lake, so I decided to take a little swim. "I guess a little dip won't hurt." I said to myself. I took off my clothes and stepped into the lake. I swam laps around the lake until I just floated there in the middle, gazing up at the stars.

"Father, I'm sorry. But I couldn't bring myself to kill Orochimaru. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't do it. Please forgive me." I said before closing my eyes. I sank my body into the bottom of the lake while letting bubbles leave my mouth.

I wonder if anyone noticed I've left Akatsuki? Probably not. It's still dark and everyone's asleep. After my swim, I got out of the lake and dried myself off with a towel I created from my Dark Style technique.

I went into my bag and took out Kakuzu's bingo book. If he's not going to be doing this job anymore, then I shall carry out his work for him. Although, I'm not exactly doing it for Akatsuki. I looked through the book until I found someone who was worth at least $25 million.

His name was Toshiyuki Kawaebata. He was formerly a leader of a deadly group called Osore, which means "fear". According to the book, he's residing in the Hidden Stone Village. I tucked the book in my cloak and flew towards the Hidden Stone Village.

Two hours later, I got tired of flying and found a nearby stable filled with horses. "I'm just gonna borrow one of you guys for a while. Don't worry, I'll have you back before your owner finds out you're missing." I said to the horses.

I found a black horse and lead it out of the stables. I found the reins for the horse and strapped it around the horses head. The horse sniffed my shoulder and I petted his snout. "That's a good horse." I said, and climbed onto its back.   

"Let's go." I made the horse turn around and we headed to the Hidden Stone Village. As we were approaching the Stone Village, I spotted two night guards near the entrance. I made the horse walk forward, approaching the two men.

"Stop! State your business!" One of them ordered. "I'm looking for a man named Toshiyuki Kawaebata. I was told that he lives here." I said, calmly as I made the horse stop walking. "Toshiyuki hasn't been here in years." His partner said.

"Then, do you know where he might be?"

"No. But there has been some rumors about him. Some started saying that was taken away by force."

"By whom?"

"We don't speak his name around here."

I caught on quickly, knowing who they were referring to; and that's Orochimaru. "It's okay. I understand." I said to them. I made my horse turn around and headed to one of Orochimaru's hideouts. When we got there, I saw a man sitting outside on a big rock.

He lifted his head towards the sky and sighed, enjoying the cool, night air. Judging from his picture, this had to be Toshiyuki Kawaebata. I hid behind a tree, dismounted from the horse, and got changed into a black dress with matching black heels. 

I hid myself behind a tree and observed him. He wasn't doing much as he just sat there. After a few minutes, he looked around. "Is someone there? Come out. I can sense your chakra." Toshiyuki called. 'He spotted me? Well, might as well reveal myself' I thought.

 I poked my head out from behind the tree and looked at him while the rest of my bodyw as hiding behind the tree. "It's good to see you." I said, calmly. "This place hasn't been found by anyone before. How did you get here?" Toshiyuki demanded.

"I just wanted to meet you." I explained. "So... Who are you?" He asked. "I'm the person who'll be killing you tomorrow morning." I stated.

"Killing me? Why? What for?"

"Your name's in the bingo book, and your body's worth $25 million. Didn't you know?"

He stared at me while I smiled calmly at him. "Hmm... A beautiful lady like you? That's hard to believe. Does this mean I'm dreaming?" Toshiyuki asked. "No. This is reality." I confirmed. "I see. So, then why not kill me now? Why wait till morning?" He asked.

"I wanted the chance to meet you before I kill you. I want to understand you and know how a man like you came out to be one of Orochimaru's prisoners." I explained. "Do you mean to tell me that you came all the way out here just to get to know me? And having to wait hours until the sun rises?" Toshiyuki said.

"Do you think that's weird?" I asked. "Well... Yeah, in a way. But hey, saves me the trouble of killing myself. I suppose you want to ask me why I want to kill myself." He said. "Would it be weird if I said, yes?" I asked, calmly. 

"No... Not at all," Toshiyuki looked at the sky again and sighed. "So, go ahead. Ask me anything you want." He said before looking at me. I closed my eyes as I rested the side of my face against the tree. "Did you have fun, Toshiyuki?" I asked.

"Fun?" He repeated. "Did you have fun during your lifetime?" I repeated. "Heh." Toshiyuki closed his eyes with a smirk before picking up a rock.

"I was once happy. Had a beautiful wife and kid and felt like my life was perfect. Until one day, I was taken away from my family, and started living my life as a prisoner, an experiment. A few years later, I learned my wife and child had been killed in a fire. It devastated me, knowing I would never seen them again. Every day, I'd think about them and I'd blame myself for not being able to save them. So, to answer your question... No, I didn't have fun. Not at the least." Toshiyuki said while gazing at the rock the whole time he spoke.

"Damn it!" He cursed as he threw the rick somewhere. I blinked at him, feeling a bit sorry for the man. I walked out from behind the tree and approached Toshiyuki before holding out my hand to him. He hesitantly took my hand and I made him stand to his feet.

Still having hold of his hand, I turned around and rested my back against his chest while I guided his other arm around my stomach so he was holding me. I closed my eyes for a moment before opening them, looking at Toshiyuki.

"You are romantic, aren't you?" He commented with a gentle smile. "Perhaps. Or maybe... because the moon is blue." I said, gazing at the moon. It shined down on us while a tint of blue was shown on the surface. "Toshiyuki... Do you think I'm a freak?" I asked him.

"Why would I think that?" He asked, returning the question. "These things on my back... They're scary, aren't they?" I said. "Not at all. In fact... I think they look really beautiful. Just like you." Toshiyuki said. I glanced at him before gazing back at the moon. 

Now I'm certain... humans aren't all that bad. I stayed with Toshiyuki until he grew tired. I told him I'd see him in the morning and he went back inside the hideout.

When morning arrived, I was back in my usual attire as I lied on a rocky ledge, observing the prisoners while they dug holes. As the prisoners were working, there was a girl with long red hair wearing brown glasses, watching them all.

I spotted Toshiyuki working hard until he suddenly stopped. "Toshi, what are you doing?" His fellow prisoner asked him. Toshiyuki didn't answer as he closed his eyes with a calm smile. He knew I was in the area and he knew I was going to kill him soon.

"Toshiyuki Kawaebata... I give you mercy." I murmured before pulling the trigger. I shot Toshiyuki in the head and he fell to the ground. "Goodbye..." I whispered as my eyes softened slightly. All the prisoners heard the shot and began to look around, trying to figure out where it came from.

"Where did the shot come from?!"

"Are we being ambushed?!"

"Take cover!"

The red-haired girl looked around until she spotted me on the ledge. I calmly stared at her as I aimed to shoot her. "Scary chick." I mumbled before pulling the trigger. I didn't kill her as the bullet went through her hair. The girl stumbled back, startled from the shot.

To be honest, I was never planning to kill her. My only intention was to scare her. I jumped down from the ledge, landing on the ground in a kneeling position. I stood to my feet and walked over to Toshiyuki's corpse.

"Is that her? Did she kill Toshi?"

"How did she get here?"

"What are those things on her back?"

The prisoners talked amongst themselves as I approached Toshiyuki's body. Once I was near his body, I glanced at the red-haired girl. She frowned at me, as if waiting for me to do something. I looked back at Toshiyuki and picked him, putting him over my shoulder.

I walked back over the horse I had hidden on the ledge and climbed onto its back while placing Toshiyuki's body across the horse's back in front of me. I headed to the collection office, remembering the direction from when I was Hidan and Kakuzu.

Once I got to the collection office, I dismounted from the horse and approached the collection office, carrying Toshiyuki's body inside. "Strange... It looks like an ordinary bathroom... unless there's a secret entrance." I said.

I felt around the walls until I opened a door. "Hello?" I called. A man with a scar stepped out of the shadows, revealing himself as he frowned at me. "Who are you?" He demanded. "I don't believe we've met. My name's Nue. I was once affiliated with Kakuzu." I introduced.

"Kakuzu? Where is he?" He asked. "Dead." I stated. I placed Toshiyuki's body on the table and took out the bingo book, showing him the picture. "Hmm... You did good, kid." The collector commented. "Thank you." I replied.

He went over to a different table and got out a briefcase. "Here's your reward." He said, setting the briefcase on the table in between us. I turned the case around so it was facing me and opened it. Inside the case, was a lot of money.

I didn't bother counting it as I closed the lid. "Pleasure doing business with you." I said before leaving with the case of money.

As promised, I returned the horse to its stables and took off the reins. "Thanks for the ride, friend." I said, gently patting its side. I flew back to my spot in the woods. I lied down on the ground and closed my eyes with a sigh.

I opened them, looking at the sky as the clouds slowly passed by. "Toshiyuki Kawaebata... Yesterday was a lot of fun. But not tonight..." I said. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

979 86 30
Hey guys so here is the sequel as promised. This is Y/n or should I now say Itami's journey, as a feared, but secretly loved by others. And her jou...
42.1K 1.2K 28
Sasuke has left the village and Naruto has gone on his journy with Master Jiraiya to become stronger. Sakura being left by her team mates has trained...
97.7K 1.6K 19
Alanah had been fighting in a battle, she's hurt badly. She's saved and taken to a hospital by a special someone.
266K 9.8K 33
She was Sakura Haruno; a friend, a medic, a kunoichi, a lover. A girl who had high confidence in herself to be a better person. But that thought, th...