A New Beginning {Sequel to My...

By Wandering_Revenant

Nue Houjuu is back and is badder than ever. Her wish has been fulfilled and now she's reaching for the next o... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Her New Life
Chapter 3: Battling The One-Tails
Chapter 4: Getting the Job Done
Chapter 5: Old Friends
Chapter 6: Fights and Old Family
Chapter 7: Just Like Old Times
Chapter 8: Another Mission
Chapter 9: The Nightmare
Chapter 10: Road Trip
Chapter 11: Nue's Curse Mark Form
Chapter 12: Missions, Emotions, and Confessions
Chapter 13: A Test of Skill; Pain vs. Pleasure
Chapter 14: The Two Immortals In Action
Chapter 15: Bickering
Chapter 17: What's Done is Done
Chapter 18: The Plan
Chapter 19: Here We Go Again
Chapter 20: Can't Go Back
Chapter 21: Memories and Losses
Chapter 22: Iri's Death
Chapter 23: Finding Out Why
Chapter 24: Because The Moon is Blue
Chapter 25: The Search for Zabuza's Blade
Chapter 26: Neko Visit
Chapter 27: Tears and Apologies
Chapter 28: Art vs. Sharingan
Chapter 29: Blast From The Past
Chapter 30: Karin's Guardian Angel
Chapter 31: Suffering Another Loss
Chapter 32: Sasuke Joins Akatsuki?!
Chapter 33: The Toughest Battle, Even For Nue
Chapter 34: A Scared and Confused Child
Chapter 35: Attack on the Hidden Leaf Village
Chapter 36: Naruto vs. Pein
Chapter 37: Forgiveness Is The First Step
Chapter 38: Catching Up With An Old Friend
Chapter 39: Home
Chapter 40: Conversations
Chapter 41: Saving Naruto
Chapter 42: Time in Prison
Chapter 43: Torture Session
Chapter 44: Kind or Cruel?
Chapter 45: Paying the Price for Reckless Actions
Chapter 46: Restriction and Stories
Chapter 47: Working Together
Chapter 48: The Man Behind the Mask
Chapter 49: The Five Kage Summit Pt. 1
Chapter 50: The Five Kage Summit Pt. 2
Chapter 51: Heartless Sasuke, Compassionate Nue
Chapter 52: Had Enough
Chapter 53: The Alliance
Chapter 54: Lying Low
Chapter 55: We Finally Meet
Chapter 56: Cherishing These Moments
Chapter 57: Stressed Out
Chapter 58: The Return of Manda
Chapter 59: Bring It On
Chapter 60: For Her
Chapter 61: Nue vs. Madara and Kabuto
Chapter 62: Eternal Sleep
Chapter 63: Right By Your Side
Chapter 64: Flashbacks
Chapter 65: Nue's Training Pt. 1
Chapter 66: Nue's Training Pt. 2
Chapter 67: Nue's Training Pt. 3
Chapter 68: Discovered
Chapter 69: Awake and Dangerous
Chapter 70: Saving Nue
Chapter 71: Triggered
Chapter 72: A Mixture of Sympathy and Empathy
Chapter 73: Eun's Assistance
Chapter 74: Last Stand
Chapter 75: Lost
Chapter 76: Epilogue

Chapter 16: Akatsuki vs. Leaf Village Ninja

478 23 0
By Wandering_Revenant

"Quit sticking it in like that. I said, knock it off. That hurts." Hidan whined. "What is this? Is he immortal or something?" Izumo asked. "Isn't that obvious, you fool? Now then, once again. Who are you people?" Hidan asked before looking over at Asuma.

"They're damn Leaf Village ninja." I said. "Hey, Nue. Get a load of this." Hidan said. "Get a load of what?" I asked. He looked at Asuma and I followed his gaze. Nothing looked different about him. "What about him?" I asked him. He sighed.

"Look at the symbol he's wearing. That's from the Guardian Shinobi something or other. Oh, terrific. Looks like I have to go back into that stinky collection office." Hidan groaned. I looked at Asuma. Back at the village, when I was "innocent", Asuma was like a father to me.

Too bad he was only pretending. "We are shinobi of the Leaf Village. Our orders are to capture or eliminate you Akatsuki." Asuma said to us. "How charming." I said, rolling my eyes. "We already know you usually operate in pairs," Asuma continued.

"My original idea was to take down one of you first, then capture the other. But I guess that plan's gonna have to change." He said, taking out his weapons. I narrowed my eyes at him while Hidan chuckled.

"Not your lucky day. I'm afraid you chose the wrong one of us to start with." He said. "You're partner, where is he?" Asuma demanded. I smirked and looked towards Shikamaru. Kakuzu came out of nowhere and went to punch Shikamaru, causing the Shadow Possession Jutsu to retreat.

"I'm free of his jutsu." I heard Hidan say. "Kotestsu, Izumo! Retreat!" Asuma called to them. The quickly retreated and jumped by Asuma and Shikamaru. I leaped into the air and landed next Hidan. "Are you alright?" I asked Hidan.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." He answered. "Well, well. For once you struck gold, Hidan." Kakuzu said. Hidan wielded his scythe so it went back to him. "Kakuzu, Nue. Just stay out of this, all right? I want these three for my ritual. You can have them after." Hidan said.

I took one of the blades out of Hidan's body. "Be careful, Hidan." I warned and leaped near Kakuzu. "Very well. But don't get careless, or you're dead." Kakuzu warned.

"Not that again. Knock it off, will you?" Hidan said. I watched as he began to write the symbol of his Jashinist necklace he wore around his neck in his own blood. "Believe me, I wish someone would kill me. But that's... not possible." Hidan said as he finished writing the symbol.

"Have you finished strategizing?" Hidan asked them before pulling other blade out of his body. "Ow, that really hurts. What pest you are. Poking me right and left. The God shall punish those who doesn't understand the pain of others." Hidan said.

I've never seen Hidan fight alone before. I wonder if his fighting style is different from when he's fighting with Kakuzu? This might be interesting to watch. Asuma made his blades glow as Hidan got in position. The match finally began after they stared at each other for a while.

The two of them charged at each other and their weapons clashed. Hidan jumped in the air to prevent from getting caught in Shikamaru's shadow, then Hidan's scythe went for Asuma. "Asuma!" Shikamaru called to him.

Asuma dodged the scythe and charged at Hidan again while Hidan did the same, his scythe in hand. "Come on. Get to him." I heard Shika say. Hidan growled in irritation when his scythe didn't scratch Asuma. I don't blame him.

I would be pretty mad, too, if things didn't go the way I planned them. Hidan jumped in the air again, trying to get away from Shikamaru's shadow stitches. "Dammit!" Shikamaru said. "No, you don't!" Hidan said. He made his scythe go for Asuma again.

"Oh-no." I heard Asuma say. He got in meditation stance, almost matching Chiriku's. "That stance..." I said. Kakuzu noticed it, too. "There's that stance again." Hidan said. A glowing hand blocked Hidan's attack and hit Hidan in the stomach.

He skidded back and growled in frustration. "Hidan, don't underestimate them." Kakuzu warned. "You stay out of it. Just keep your mouth shut and watch." Hidan said. Asuma threw shuriken at Hidan and he quickly dodged out of the way.

He saw the shadow stitches coming at him, so he quickly got out of the way. Hidan and Asuma's movements were moving in perfect sync. "Heh. It's always the same with you non-believers. You're so desperate to escape your fate, you choose the obvious line of attack. You're so transparent." Hidan said as he landed on the ground.

"You play around too much when you fight, you know that?" Kakuzu told him. I yawned.  Shikamaru threw shuriken at Hidan, as did Asuma. "You have nowhere to run this time." Shikamaru told him. "Then, I won't run." Hidan said.

He let the shuriken pierce him as he ran towards Shikamaru. "Tch. Immortal jerk." Shikamaru said. "I guess I'll just take care of the weak ones first." Hidan said as he ran to the three shinobi. "Leave them alone! It's me you want!" Asuma said as he ran after Hidan.

Hidan did a backflip and made his scythe go for Asuma again. "Captain Asuma!" Izumo called. The scythe pierced his cheek a little bit, drawing blood. "He got him." I said. Hidan heard me and grabbed his scythe while dodging the shadow stitches.

Asuma did the hand signs of the Burning Ash Jutsu, which was a big mistake. Hidan chuckled as he licked the blood off the tip of his scythe. "Burning Ash!" Ash spit out of Asuma's mouth and it filled the air. I squinted my eyes and looked around, trying to locate Hidan.

Did he disappear? Once the air was filled with ash, fire came out of nowhere. I used my wings and tails to shield my eyes from the explosion. "Hidan! Are you alright?" I called. "He's fine." Kakuzu answered.

The smoke cleared and I spotted Hidan in the diagram he drew. I noticed his skin was different, too. He almost looked like skeleton. "Hurts, doesn't it?" Hidan said as he began to chuckle quietly. I heard weapons being dropped, so I looked towards Asuma.

He had burn marks on the right side of his face along with his arm and leg. "Judgement has been passed." Hidan said. I smirked. 'Too bad, Asuma. Going up against Hidan was the worst mistake of your life' I thought.

"What... What the hell's going on?" Izumo asked, confused. "So, what do ya think? Helps you understand the suffering of others a bit more, doesn't it?" Hidan said to Asuma as he stood to his feet.

"I have already cursed you. And the ritual shall now begin." Hidan said as his right hand covered his face. He chuckled again. "Well, then. Let's experience the ultimate pain together, shall we?!" He screamed.

"This one will lend us another $35 million." Kakuzu said. I looked at him, confused. "You mean... Asuma's body is worth that much?" I asked. Kakuzu looked at me. "You have a lot to learn, Little One." He said. I frowned. "I told you not to call me that." I said.

'Little One' was what Kakuzu called me; It's my nickname. Well, from him, anyway. He's been calling me that ever since he started training me in taijutsu. It pissed me off, and it still does. Hidan began to laugh wickedly as he pulled some black cylinder object out if his cloak.

"All the preparations have been completed. Now you and I will share the ultimate pain!" Hidan shouted to Asuma. I got really interested when the black cylinder he was holding turned into a spike. Asuma held his weapon out in front of him.

He made it glow again and charged at Hidan. Hidan raised the spike up and stabbed his own leg. I looked at Asuma as he fell to the ground while blood bled through his pants leg. "Hurts huh?" Hidan shouted as he began to laugh again.

"And I didn't even hit a vital spot!" Hidan said while continuing to laugh like a maniac. "But that kind of pain is the best! And the other person's agony at the final moment of death seeps into my body. The pain is transcended and becomes the purest ecstasy!" He laughed.

"Wanna switch places?" My dark twin said with a chuckle. "No." I replied. Whenever she saw blood, or even the tiniest drop of blood, she takes over my body and kills whatever's injured. You could say it's the trigger to my insanity.

"It's my turn to have some fun." She said. I gripped the front of my chest as I felt her trying to take control. "Damn you..." I muttered in my breath. "Nue, don't let her take control." Kakuzu said, noticing my odd behavior.

"Easier said than done." I said, coldly with a grunt. Whenever my twin takes control of my body, I run to the woods and let her destroy anything in sight. Hey, it's a hell of a lot better than harming Deidara or anyone in Akatsuki.

Kakuzu's POV

I glanced at Nue as she was having a hard time controlling her side. She fell to her knees, gripping her chest tighter. Just when I thought it was over, Nue lifted her head, her attention glued on the bloody event in front of her as her eyes glowed purple.

"At this rate, she'll attack everyone, including Hidan." I mumbled. Nue stood to her feet and took a step forward towards the battlefield until I grabbed her arm. She looked back at me with a glare. "You really think that glare will scare me? Think again." I said in a deep voice.

"Tch. Party-pooper." Nue said. I narrowed my eyes at her. She sounded like herself, but it wasn't her. It must be her twin. Nue's eyes changed from purple to red. "Huh?" She blinked her eyes before looking at me. 

"What happened?" Nue asked. "You should know." I said, letting go of her arm.

Nue's POV

"I didn't attack anyone, did I?" I asked Kakuzu. "You didn't." He replied. "He's too scary! He ruined my fun!" My dark twin whined from inside me. "Oh, put a sock in it. You're lucky he didn't hit you." I mumbled. She responded by sticking her tongue out at me. 

I looked back towards the battle as Hidan began to laugh. "Now then, where do you want to feel pain next? Up here, maybe?" Hidan asked as he raised the spike to his arm. "Or further down? How 'bout your legs? That'd be fun, huh? What do you think?" He chuckled.

He lifted his spike a little, blood dripping off the tip. "Or should we just end it already?! Well?!" Hidan shouted t them.

They were going to use the Shadow Strangle Jutsu in order to stop Hidan. I watched as the shadow stretched towards Hidan. It's as if all of it was happening in slow motion. "Now, die!" Hidan shouted. "I don't think so!" Shikamaru said.

I frowned when the shadow got Hidan."Good job, Shikamaru." Izumo said. "You think you can stop me?" Hidan asked as he raised his arm up a bit. "Nue, what do you know about that shadow jutsu?" Kakuzu asked.

"Shikamaru's shadow can possess someone else's shadow. If he moves, the victim is forced to mimic the caster's actions." I explained. But what I'm worried about is if Shikamaru will know the trick to Hidan's jutsu.

In other words, what I'm trying to say is, if Shikamaru finds out if Hidan moves from outside of his diagram, the ritual will be broken. But karma became a bitch when Shikamaru moved back, forcing Hidan to move back.

"You little brat." Hidan grunted as he had zero control of his body. "It's not my fault. You run your mouth too much." Shikamaru told him. "Enough talk, then! I'm gonna tear you apart now and then, kill you later! You hear me?!" Hidan shouted.

"There won't be a later." Shikamaru replied as he took another step back, making Hidan mimic his movement. After a few more movements, Shikamaru was able to get Hidan out of his diagram. "He's out!" Shikamaru called to Asuma.

"All right. Let's see if that did the trick." Asuma said as he threw shuriken at Hidan's ear. Because Hidan was no longer in his diagram, his ear got cut while Asuma's ear stayed unharmed. Shikamaru used his Shadow Stitching Jutsu to trap Hidan.

"How dare you. Still stuck." Hidan grunted. "I'm at my limit. Can't hold him much longer." Shikamaru said. "Nicely done, Shikamaru." Asuma said as he stood up. He limped towards Hidan as he made his weapon glow blue.

"Kakuzu, help me out here!" Hidan called. I looked at him, waiting for him to help his partner. But Kakuzu ignored him and stayed where he was. "You idiot! Do something already!" Hidan yelled.

When I realized Kakuzu wasn't going to help him, I took a step forward to aid Hidan until Kakuzu grabbed my arm. "Kakuzu?" I looked at him with a confused expression. He didn't let go as he stared at Hidan. I looked at Hidan and noticed Asuma was standing directly in front of Hidan. He took his blade and cut off Hidan's head. "Hidan!" I called to him. I tried to get my arm out of Kakuzu's grip, but he wouldn't budge.

Did we just lose?

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 233 17
A girl named Tanra, Orochimaru's daughter, is put in the leaf. Unfortunately Orochimaru had some other plans on top of getting his daughter back. By...
129K 2.6K 44
After the slaughter of her clan, Lilita Misaki is left alone and vulnerable. She doesn't like it, so she decides to do one thing; kill herself. But t...
2.7K 78 12
Naruto and Kimi are finally back from their training and are ready to fight and bring back Sasuke. Hinata has gotten stronger and is almost ready to...
165K 6.9K 40
Sasuke Uchiha never left Konoha. The Uchiha massacre never happened. Itachi Uchiha - Sasuke's older brother, didn't join Akatsuki. Sasuke was never c...