Changing My World

By QuietStampede

Sequel to battlefield of changes. School has started again. Will she fit in and who will become her enemies... More

The Beginning
Don't care
Yet again it happens
When it all began to go wrong...
Giving up and giving in to my darker side
Letting in All Out
Meltdown
Detention
Tears
Goodbye...
Depressingly Shocking
Escape plan
Seeking Help
Darkest Dreams
Care Home N.o 3?
Familiar Faces
It's happening again...
Domino Effect
Expect the Unexpected
You tell the same lie...
Off with her head!
The end of everything
Toast and jam
Rory
Welcome Home Into My Arms
Trying to reach out to you...
You never listen!
Too much to cope ....
So done with these feelings...
Police Box
Darkest Fears
My room...
Fishtail
Nightmares come true just like dreams do...
One bad night after another...
Intruder
Making it
Invisible Bruises
Revenge
Girly gossping?
Not so happy halloween...
So close...
Makeunder
Halloween
Catastrophe...
I honestly hated Ryan...
You don't and deep down you know you don't
For goodness sakes....
Curious Defelopments...
Almost There
The secret comes out...
Inspection Day
Interview
Lost forever
When things got worse...
Further and Further...
Box
Surprises in store...
Keeps getting worse...
Big Mistake...
Sweet sweet dreams...
Opening the box...
Home at last
Movie Marathon
Sick Day!
Schools in
Reading
Wow, great start me(!)
Slow us down
Confiscation
Cross Country
In with the coats and jackets
Cool Beans
Activity
How fast things can change
Just need our own space
Raging Fire
Everything is Changing
Talk it out
First of the Fights
Unexpected Blackmail
Learning the lines
The Warning
Results
Letter
Runaway.....Again
The End of Everything...
Cover Comp
Book Three is Up!

Costume Time

401 16 9
By QuietStampede

So after chatting with the girls yesterday, Carmen and I headed off into town this afternoon to try and find some costumes to wear for Halloween.

It took a hike on the bus and a short walk. The whole way Carmen was going on about Ryan and I. Like seriously can this girl not just stop? It's so irritating!

We ended up in some kind of party shop which is where most people from the dumping ground usually get their costumes apparently, as long as they don't make them themselves.

"How about this?" Carmen asked as she held up a coat hanger with a weird, barbie doll costume against me.

"Seriously Carmen? Seriously?"

"Well what kind of costume do you want then?"

"I've got no idea. I haven't done anything on Halloween since I was about 6!"

"Well what did you wear then?"

"I was a princess one year, a cat another, and the only other one I can remember was a pumpkin"

"Oh, I see your problem"

"Well what about you Carmen?"

"Im going to go as the girly grim reaper!" She announced proudly. That's my only idea completely down the drain. *sigh*

I carried on searching through the clothing racks until Carmen let out a squeal that scared the living daylight out of me!

"What is it?" I asked as I ran to her from where I was on the opposite side of the display she was looking at.

She had a costume in her arms which she practically forced into my hands.

I looked down at it and instantly shook my head.

"No way!"

"Why not it's perfect!"

"I can never pull it off..."

"You can!"

"I can't!"

"Look, I'll do your makeup, Tee can get your hair sorted it will look amazing on you!" She begged using puppy dog eyes which unfortunately I fell for. I walked up to the counter and paid for it.

Then I had to follow Carmen round the shop whilst she got hers. She was much more picky than me, like seriously how long does it take to choose something you will only wear once or twice at most anyway.

Next time, I'm taking Tee, or Jody, or Tyler! I bet none of them struggle to choose between two identical costumes.

Eventually though, she chose a costume. I couldn't tell much through the packaging but I did see hints of blue and pink which was a bit girly and tacky if you ask me.

"Starbucks?"

"You just read my mind!"

We wandered along the cobblestone roads of the high street. Sunset was beginning to kick in but Mike hadn't called either of us to get us back so we decided to just go anyway.

Carmen ordered a coffee or something but I just went for a chocolate milkshake thing with marshmallows. We both sat at our table in the corner not even speaking to each other. It was a bit awkward.

I would have never thought this situation would happen at all. Me, and Carmen, alone in Starbucks. I guess weirder things have happened.

"Carmen, we really should go get the bus!" I said, suddenly alarmed as I saw the time on the clock, 6:37pm!

She followed my gaze to the clock and instantly shot up out of her seat, grab it her paper bag, containing her costume.

I did the same and we both made a dash for the bus stop. I don't know what time the bus comes, so I don't know why we're running. Unless Carmen somehow knows but I highly doubt it.

Luckily, when we got there the bus was ready and waiting. Unluckily though, the only seats left on the bus were separate. One was next to a boy, a little older than us, the other to an intimidating looking man.

Obviously Carmen ran off to sit with the boy who she was probably going to try and flirt with now, leaving me to awkwardly amble over to the remaining seat next to this man.

He had a mid-length beard, many piercings and tattoos. She also wore blue jeans, a black shirt with a black, sleeveless leather jacket. I did my best to avoid looking in his direction once I had sat down.

I turned to Carmen who was staring at the boy next to her, the boy next to her was staring at another girl who was on the bus, and she was staring at someone else. I'm sensing some sort of love triangle going on here...

"Do you like cups of tea?" Asked the man beside me, catching me completely off guard.

"Um...?"

"As I really like tea!"

"Ok?"

"So do you like tea or not?"

"Not really..."

"But more importantly..." He interrupted "do you double dunk, or single dunk your biscuits?"

"What?"

"When you drink tea with biscuits, do you single dunk, or double dunk?"

"I'm sorry I don't really..."

"Of course you do. Now, let's talk about biscuits"

"Biscuits?"

"Yes which are your favourites?"

"I'm not really sure...."

"My favourites are malted milk! Call me boring and plain but they are delicious with a single dunk of tea..."

And it went on. He's crazy. All he talks about is tea and biscuits. I thought he was intimidating when I first saw him, I shouldn't have judged him. He is intimidating though, he is making me feel really uncomfortable.

He kept rambling as we came to the stop outside Ashdene Ridge. It's properly dark now so I fear Mike will be fuming with us. Carmen got up and followed me off the bus. We both thanked the driver on our way out, how very polite of us.

We slowly walked up the drive, I'm actually kind of nervous. I'm nervous of what Mike will say. What if he grounds us so I can't do my plans with Ryan? Well, if they actually exist.

The door was unlocked and when we walked in, the sound of shouting came from the kitchen.

I looked at Carmen who looked just as confused as me as she closed the door and we both stood awkwardly in the lobby, waiting for something to happen.

Mike soon came out of the kitchen. The shouting was still going but whoever it was sounded so angry because I couldn't actually make out what was being said, although I'm pretty sure at least 4 people were yelling all at the same time.

"And where have you both been?" He yelled above the noise.

"Sorry Mike" we both mumbled together.

There was more shouting whilst Mike attempted to say something but gave up once he realised we couldn't hear a word he was saying. It soon got quieter, it didn't stop but it died down.

"Mike what is going on?" I asked rather forcefully.

"Marie..." He started, looking solemn. "I really don't think it's a good idea for you to go in there..."

"Why?!"

"I just don't want you to get involved with anything else" he said, with a slight stammer and sense of uncertainty in his voice.

"Mike, what are you trying to hide?"

He was about to speak when the kitchen doors swung open and an angry mob, meaning the rest of the residents, came storming out towards us. Everyone looked angry, some looked angry at me, others at Mike. Either way, they were all just shouting above one another, it was impossible to hear what they are saying.

"Quiet!" Mike yelled as he waved his hands around, trying to shush everybody. Mai Lee pushed through the crowd and helped him out, eventually everybody was silenced, their glares burning through my skin.

"Can someone please explain what's going on?!" I asked desperately.

I looked around the crowd but nobody seemed to be willing to give me any answers. Carmen was confused too, but didn't seem too bothered.

"We will tell you after halloween..." Mike started.

"Mike! She'll have to find out sooner or later..." Snapped Mai Lee angrily at the guilty looking, and feeling man.

"But let's not ruin the fun for them..."

"You do realise I can hear you both whispering right?" I asked sarcastically, my point aimed at Mike and Mai Lee who weren't being very subtle at all.

They both turned to look at me, almost like clockwork. They both gave me over the top smiles which made their situation worse. They really don't do themselves any favours...

"Look let's just get Halloween over and done with!" Mike sighed.

"Is that really the best answer anyone's going to give me?"

"It will have to do, it's the only answer I've got..."

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

So I basically just have two questions to ask you about this chapter...

1. What do you think Ryan has in store for Marie?

2. What do you think everybody was trying to hide from her?

Ok that's in from me, I look forward to hearing your guesses in the comments, they make me laugh so hard each time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 81 34
Rosemary is forced to go to boarding school when she was in grade 2. now she is 16 and in grade 10. What will happen when she is forced to move back...
197K 2.6K 23
When Millie comes back for senior year she is put in a history class with people she doesn't exactly like... What will happen when her enemy finds ou...
297 43 17
(KPOP FANS) This story is about a girl who gets bullied in school. That's when a new student comes and starts to defend. What will happen to the girl...
806 31 13
Ally's happy ending would always somehow drag other conflicts along. Maybe it's due to the reason of how her life tends to roll endlessly in a circle...