Serendipity | Jax Teller

By untilmynextstory

Delilah returns home with plans to just focus on her career and take care of her uncle, but it seems fate had... More

Prices
Growing
Finding
Viewpoints
Wrong Bump
Explanations
Doubts
Dinner Announcements
Direction
Old Habits
Work
Working Conditions
Conditions Improving
Unspoken
Visits
Showers
After
Abel
Manuscript

Design Flaws

19.7K 392 32
By untilmynextstory

Updated: 08/08/21

_____________________

Jax felt nervous as he led Delilah down the hallway in his house. Since Charming was mostly homogenous when it came to housing designs he knew the house layout was similar to her and her Uncle's house except for a couple added rooms or the location of certain things and of course the obvious interior design which made a home feel different.

Jax honestly never gave much thought about housing. He bought this current house because of his relationship with Wendy as he couldn't be married and live in a dorm room.

Not surprisingly, Wendy was the first woman he ever lived with. He quickly learned very abruptly that cleaning was not one of her strong suits and her cooking was questionable at best. It wasn't as if he had the stereotype that women were only good for cooking and cleaning. There were days where he would just stay in the guest room in his own house as it seemed to be the only partial clean area in the house and eat a bowl of cereal as his pantry was constantly empty.

Jax knew, and he would admit it loudly, that he had to rely on his mother for most things on domestic things. However, very quickly with Wendy, he and yellow gloves became best friends as he tried to at least make his house presentable especially since his mother refused to clean up after Wendy.

Although it wasn't until recently after Wendy's less than graceful exit from his life that this house, which he was still paying the mortgage on, finally felt like an actual home. As before it used to feel like a bachelor's pad until he became bored with his wife throwing a party every weekend resulting in him babysitting her and making sure she didn't choke on her own vomit.

Since it seemed he had been hit with baby fever he took it upon himself to practically gut the house. He had the floors replaced and hired painters to repaint basically every room. It put a dent in his wallet. His mom, grateful he was taking interest in his home that she claimed was on the verge of turning into a crack house, was skeptical of his sudden need to remodel.

Luckily the baby fever wasn't at a peak where he was buying baby furniture but he had the baby's room picked out and cleaned. He decided he was going to let Delilah be the one to steer him in the direction of what she wanted for their son.

So now, he was just showing her the basic layout of his house as he presumed she would need to be familiar with it. He was watching as she took in the various items he owned. He didn't miss the pointed look as her eyes gleamed amusingly at all the biker paraphernalia in his house. Her fingers glided over his leather couches and he noticed her nails were painted a navy blue similar to the shade of the shirt he was wearing that had SAMCRO stamped across it.

It was a slow Saturday for him. He was dealing with a slight hangover from the after church party the previous night and was drinking his umpteenth glass of water when he received a text from Delilah containing a picture of a baby leather jacket. Somehow he ended up inviting her over to his house on the pretense of having a late lunch. Jax felt a rush of embarrassment and terror as he, the bad boy biker, was having a lunch date.

She arrived promptly 30 minutes later with a genuine smile on her face that was free of makeup. As she came in, he took notice of how in the few days they hadn't seen each other how her stomach was becoming more prominent. Granted her tight V-neck didn't really hide the fact she was indeed pregnant.

Jax watched her move in her black yoga pants as she looked at his bare entertainment stand one hand on her hip and he wondered if she noticed how her other hand stayed predominately on her growing stomach. He gazed lower on her body as he thought about that night when her voice broke through of his reverie of him thinking about her creamy and supple thighs, "Your house is very bare."

Jax's eyes immediately traveled back up her face where she glanced briefly at him with a smirk knowing he had been caught. She turned her attention back to one of the few pictures in his house which was of the First 9.

"I just cleaned it out. There was a lot of useless shit from the past few years, trust me," He replied as he leaned against the wall with his hands in his jean pockets.

"I hear a lot of people say that about their exes," Delilah jibed and laughed at the scowl he sent her. "But besides that, it is a nice starter house, but needs a lot of babyproofing."

"Baby proofing?" Jax echoed.

"Yep," she replied smiling at him as she set her purse down on his loveseat and she went to continue, but they were interrupted by the sound of the doorbell echoing throughout the house.

Jax had grabbed another slice of pizza when Delilah changed the direction of their conversation from what Donna would be willing to give them for their son to someone he had no interest in even talking about.

"I need to ask you something," Delilah said as she placed down her piece of pizza. "I understand if you don't want to answer, but kind of not answering...gives me the answer. I mean –"

"Del, what is it?" Jax asked, interrupting her.

Delilah took a deep breath. "Look, this is completely your personal life...but I was just wondering...I mean...should I be aware of anything going on between you and Ima."

Jax stilled and looked at his half-eaten pizza and risked a glance at Delilah who was chewing on her piece of pizza not sparing a glance at him. Fucking Ima, he knew fucking around with a porn star was going to bite him in the ass. He only slept with Ima a couple of times and the clingy act got old real quick with her leaving voicemails and seemingly always being at the clubhouse. It had been months since she made an appearance in his bed and he would think she would get the message. "She say anything to you?"

"They all say something, Jax." She muttered. "But she's the only one that goes out of her way to mention you. She saw us that night."

"I'm sure a lot of people did, Del. Others know that it's best to keep their mouth shut." He replied irritably.

Delilah rubbed her fingers on her forehead. "That's beside the point. I'm just saying what you do in your own time is your own business."

"Del –"

"No, let me finish, it's just that what you do now, doesn't just affect you anymore, but our baby."

"I know that," Jax told her. "And Ima –"

"Jax, I really don't want to know."

Jax pursed his lips together. "If she says something else, let me know. I'll talk to her."

"I think that's what she wants, Jax," Delilah replied with a pointed look.

He watched as she became focused on eating her pizza and refused to glance in his direction. Jax felt the urge to fucking slap Ima. It was one of the reasons he was so wary of Delilah being surrounded by all those porn stars because of his sordid past with a few of them.

"Jax, it's not exactly a secret about how you are with women."

Jax snorted at that. "She was nothing to me, Del." Ima was just another nameless face to distract himself from Wendy's problems and his own.

Jax watched as Delilah looked at him with a conflicted look with her bottom lip caught between her teeth before she eventually nodded her head. Jax would have given anything to know exactly what fleeted through her mind as her green eyes burned into his blue eyes.

. . .

"You should paint the walls blue," Delilah suggested as she looked around his vacant spare room that was just a simple white. It was the only room not tarnished by his and Wendy's relationship. He thought it was the perfect room to be for his son.

That got him thinking about what exactly the living situation was going to be after his son was born. His concern was his schedule and how much time he could devote to his newborn son. He was the Vice President of the mother charter where things between the Mayans and now the Nords were brewing slowly. At this moment his hours weren't unpredictable and he wasn't on call 24/7, but that could and he knew eventually was going to happen.

He didn't have normal work hours as Delilah and he didn't want to be a hi and bye dad. He also didn't want to always have to travel to see his only son. After their semi-serious conversation in the kitchen, he wasn't exactly sure how to bring this tidbit up now. Jax ran a hand through his hair as he realized how much his life was going to change in a few months.

"You okay?"

Jax's eyes flew to Delilah, who was now standing in front of him, her hands wrapped protectively around her belly. Her green eyes held concern for him. Jax pushed himself off the wall and looked around the bare room, "You can have free reign here. I don't know shit about interior design." He said as he went to grab a cigarette and put it in his mouth but as quickly as he grabbed it, it was quickly removed.

"No smoking," Delilah said with the stick in between her fingers, "but don't you want a say in your son's room. This is your house, not mine." She said as she handed him back the cigarette and he placed it behind his ear not even bothering to be agitated about being told not to smoke.

"Aren't you going to be here a lot with the kid anyway?" Jax asked bluntly.

"I mean to a point, I guess," Delilah said tentatively. "In the beginning, I don't mind being here to help out."

"Besides, don't you have to babyproof?" Jax added on with a smirk.

"Don't be a jerk," Delilah scolded playfully but resigned to the fact she would be in charge of designing the room, "We're going to be shopping together for the stuff though so you know what everything is."

"Okay, boss," Jax said as he followed her out the room and he noticed she was walking back to the living. He decided to mess with her a little, "You don't want to see the master bedroom?"

He watched as she turned around and raised an eyebrow with her hands on her hips not amused, "What happened, Jackson, was a one-time thing, okay?"

Jax wouldn't admit it but he felt somewhat deflated by her statement.

"Besides, why would I want to sleep on a bed you shared with your ex-wife?" She said bluntly.

Jax walked towards her, "Trust me, I bought a new bed." Jax walked into his living room and sat on his couch and grabbed the TV and looked back up at Delilah who was grabbing her purse, "You leaving?"

Delilah looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "Why, do you want me to stay?"

"I wouldn't mind the company," Jax replied and he waited anxiously for Delilah's next move and he had a small smile on his face as she set her purse back down and took a seat on the other end of the couch.

. . .

Gemma walked through the aisle of the grocery store, a very happy mother.

She was finally glad her son got rid of that junkie whore he thought not only was it a good idea to make his Old Lady but marrying her and giving Wendy their last name.

She didn't always hate Wendy per se, Wendy had potential if she wasn't too occupied getting her next fix. Gemma knew with a little molding she would have been the perfect Frankenstein monster, but Wendy's love of crank nixed that and in Gemma's eyes made her weak.

She thanked God every day her son didn't knock up that junkie and make them have to deal with Wendy longer than she had anticipated. That would have been a disaster for all of them. Although now one problem was out of all their lives a new one has come in like Gemma should have expected. Gemma had noticed in the past two weeks something had been off with her son.

She at first thought it was because of fucking Wendy, but she knew there was no love loss after Wendy's failed attempt to get clean, which she warned her son was going to be a bust, but he had a hero complex or whatever. So she nixed Wendy being the cause of trouble again.

The only reason her son was blaring brightly on her radar was that she noticed he would leave the lot every day during lunchtime. Not that him having lunch off the lot was unusual, but she noticed her son's attitude from returning lunch and it was the same attitude after he had a relatively good lay. So that led to her observing his body language. He seemed troubled. Nothing drastic was going on within the club, but her son was giving off an aura that something was bothering him.

Gemma quickly suspected there was another woman in her son's life, but it didn't add up as she just witnessed on Friday him taking a girl back to his dorm. Thank god it wasn't that clingy Double Penetration that practically stalked the clubhouse. She wasn't quick to dismiss that there was a woman in his life after witnessing that, but she concluded that it must not be that serious, but she wasn't sure.

It was just the situation that reminded her of Tara Knowles how he would disappear and come back looking like fucking Superman. He still messed around, before the next thing she knew she was hearing whispers around town that Frank Knowles, the town's drunk, daughter was seeing her son.

Gemma would admit she casually searched through his dorm room and she didn't find jack shit. She knew the next stop would be his house, but she highly doubted a woman would want to spend time in a house he shared with his ex-wife although to her surprise Jax had the house deep cleaned.

Gemma knew she was missing the big picture. She was missing something.

So that was why she was having a mandatory family dinner not only to celebrate her son getting rid of that junkie but to interrogate her only living child as he seemed to not be able to be in a room with her for more than five minutes. It seemed her son forgot that she raised his little ass and was honed into all his behaviors on how he would hide something from her.

Gemma turned the corner to head into another aisle when her cart rammed into another one.

"Oh god, I am so sorry," the voice called out as they made sure nothing fell out of their carts.

Gemma normally would be annoyed, but despite her son's dubious mood, she wasn't in the mood to scold this person for not watching where they were going. Although Gemma had to push her sunglasses to the top of her head when she got a good look at this person and the condition this person was in.

"Delilah Carmine?" Gemma watched Delilah still slightly that Gemma took notice of before she looked at her with a wide smile.

"Gemma, it's nice to see you."

Gemma tilted her head a little and a smirk on her face, "You too, sweetheart, your Uncle, brother, and Luann said you have been busy with work that's why we haven't seen you around in a while, but I take it that is not all." Gemma said, raising an eyebrow as she watched Delilah fix her shirt that did nothing to hide that she was indeed pregnant and not just carrying a few extra pounds. "How far along are you?"

"17 weeks."

Gemma's eyes widened a fraction knowing Delilah had been back in Charming that long given a few more weeks, "Dad in the picture?"

"He is still...adjusting," Delilah said delicately with a small smile.

"Huh." Gemma was curious about who had the balls to knock up Donovan's niece and she wondered why Donovan remained tight-lipped on the matter. Hell, even Lip, she was sure she was going to read him the Riot Act over that one. On top of that, she was wondering why she was just now hearing about Delilah being pregnant. Gemma was glad Luann was on her speed dial. Yet, now she knew why Delilah was seemingly avoiding the clubhouse. However, Gemma had her project in trying to decipher her son's cagey behavior. Maybe afterward she would look into Delilah's after all she was a friend of the club. "We're having a family dinner. You and your uncle should come," Gemma offered.

"Oh...maybe next time," Delilah replied, "I already have something cooking at home. I just needed to come and grab some more condiments."

Gemma slid her sunglasses down, not at all affected by the obvious back out in attending the dinner, "Alright, sweetheart, next time I expect you at my house though." Gemma said walking away with her cart before she turned back, "Delilah, what are you having?" Gemma said pointing to the expanding belly.

Delilah gave her a bright smile as she replied, "I go for my scan next week, but I think it's going to be a boy."

. . .

Gemma was sitting to the left of her husband at the dining room table as she cut into her steak. As dinner was being made and the guys slowly made their way into her home she planned on cornering her son to see where his head was at, but she decided to back off as his mood was now different and she went back to her first theory she quickly nixed that his mood was because of Wendy. As of now, with him sitting across from her, he was laughing and joking with the guys and whatever was weighing him down seemed to evaporate. She was going to just let it go. Although now she couldn't after watching her son's body language change after Tig brought up the noticeable absence at the table of Donovan Carmine along with Lip and Isla. Although Lip and Isla would come every other week as Lip valued his time with his daughter.

Donovan was a more prominent figure.

Since Delilah went off to college despite Donovan's reservations about some things about the club, Gemma left her door wide open for him and he became a permanent fixture during the family dinners. Even if she knew why he wouldn't be making an appearance for this one she wondered why her son decided to hide his face behind his beer bottle.

Not taking her eyes off her son she replied to Tig's curiosity, "Well with Delilah being back I am sure she is feeding him pretty nicely now that she is eating for two." Gemma watched as Jax made himself busy eating and seemed to be avoiding her gaze.

"Delilah Carmine is pregnant?" Bobby spoke up from his seat next to Jax.

"Shite, when did that happen?" Chibs added on.

"Obviously someone has a death wish missing, but damn have you seen those legs on her and tha-" Tig said, but was quickly interrupted by Jax's voice telling him to knock it off. Tig put his hands up in surrender, "Jax, come on, man, I have seen you eyeing a few times brother. Don't think Lip hasn't noticed."

Gemma watched as her son clenched his jaw, but didn't deny or confirm the allegation. Her Spidey senses were tingling where her son looked at her. His face was blank but in his eyes, she saw curiosity leak through his blue eyes as he asked her, "When did you see Delilah?"

"She was at the market. We bumped into each other. She told me she thinks she's having a boy," Gemma informed the table while cutting another piece of her steak her eyes focused on Jax, and before he could speak she quickly added, "You don't seem all that surprised."

Gemma didn't miss Jax tightening his grip around his sweating bottle before taking a quick gulp, "I ran into Delilah a few weeks ago. She didn't seem all that keen on announcing her news."

"Well in a small town like Charming she is lucky she kept it a secret for 17 weeks," Gemma quipped.

Gemma watched her son dig back into his food and unbeknownst to him a seed had been planted in her mind about why exactly Jax seemed disgruntled about the topic of Delilah being pregnant.

. . .

Jax sat in his designated seat at the Redwood table on the left side of his step-father, the President, Clay Morrow. He still remembered the day he was declared VP going on close to six years ago when Piney's emphysema took a turn for the worst. It had made waves through the other charters that John Teller's son finally was taking a place in club hierarchy and it didn't help he was one of the youngest to do so at the ripe age of 24.

Despite the club running through his veins, Jax still felt nervous and somewhat scared. He knew all eyes were watching him and being critical of his every decision as a VP. Clay was always constantly testing him on his competence.

Like now as he smoked what he believed to be his fifth cigarette in the hour they had all gathered around the handcrafted Reaper table to discuss their current standings with other organizations, protection run for Unser, and their gun business. That nervous energy that swarmed him all those years ago he felt that now when he knew not only Clay would question his competence.

Ever since the family dinner, his mind had been invaded with thoughts of how he was going to break the news to not only his mother but his club about the fact he was the one to knock up Delilah.

He knew after this appointment he needed to tell his mother, especially about his impending fatherhood.

He knew his mom and he knew by his behavior his mom might have started to suspect something no thanks to Tig starting it with his snide remarks about his baby's mother.

It also didn't help that he hadn't talked to Delilah since she dropped by his house Saturday afternoon. He texted her late after the family dinner and earlier in the day but he received no response which was slightly ruffling his feathers a bit by her lack of response. He knew he would have to hear from her soon as she was the one to confirm they were still on for lunch.

Jax was so lost in his thoughts that he almost missed Clay mentioning something vital and something Jax completely forgot he was on rotation for the next run, which was Wednesday the same day as Delilah's appointment.

Internally Jax groaned and leaned back into his chair to hide his obvious deflation at the news. He simply nodded his head at his stepfather, who was luckily oblivious to his mood. He quickly stubbed his cigarette out and another streak of distress shot through him as he looked at the stub. Not only had he promised Delilah he would be there for her next appointment, but he promised he would try and cut back on smoking and by the burning amber that promise quickly turned to shit.

Jax was eagerly waiting for Clay to slam the wooden gavel on the table. He wanted to check his phone for any type of message from Delilah though he was not looking for her emerald eyes to darken in disappointment as he felt he was already starting to bail on his kid.

. . .

Gemma was peeking through the white plastic blinds from TM's office as she watched her son stalk over to his bike. She would describe his posture as brooding as he listened to whatever Clay was telling him and like men usually were she noticed Clay seemed oblivious to her son's indifferent attitude.

Gemma quickly backed away from the blinds after watching her son get on his bike presumably to leave as it was lunchtime and Clay was making his way into the office.

Gemma made herself look busy reading over an invoice when Clay stepped into the office quickly making his way over to greet her with a quick kiss.

"Everything okay, baby?" Gemma asked innocently.

Clay looked at his wife, confused, his eyes slightly narrowed behind his dark shades, "Yeah, why?"

"No reason, Jax just seemed a little on edge before he left."

Clay sat down on the battered couch in the office dismissing his wife's observation, "I think he was worried about the divorce stalling due to Wendy trying to be bitter." Clay voiced as he still wondered of all the croweaters Jax had pickings off, his son decided on Wendy. He knew his high school gash messed him up, but he seemed to make it a point to go for the complete polar opposite. However, his inner thoughts about his son's taste in Old Ladies were squashed as he saw the pensive look on his wife's face.

He knew Gemma was overprotective when it came to Jax and was meddlesome and he was missing from this conversation, "Something I need to know?"

He watched as his wife glanced at him briefly as her chin rested on her closed fist. She seemed to be battling telling him whatever was on her mind most likely relating to Jax. He wasn't going to leave the office until he told her because she had a knack for starting fires when there was nothing to burn.

Gemma leaned back into her chair as she looked at Clay, "Jax, something is bothering him. I think he is hiding something."

"Like what?" Clay asked almost flabbergasted because to him Jax seemed fine and if anything was suspicious he immediately wrote it off having to pertain to Wendy.

"You noticed for the past week or so he regularly leaves to go to lunch and comes back looking like fucking King Kong. He is taking interest in that house he never gave two shits about before and he is practically glued to his cell phone."

Clay didn't even know how to respond to that because he didn't notice half this shit except that Jax was taking care of his home. "Gem, I don't see the problem here."

"I think he is seeing someone," Gemma stated bluntly and it caused Clay to bark out a laugh.

"Yeah, he was seeing a croweater on Friday," he replied and noticed an unamused look overtaking his wife's features and he became sober and serious editing his reply, "If he was seeing someone don't you think he would save that sleeping around shit for when he was on a run?"

Gemma looked at her husband and shook her head and she didn't know why she said what she did but it slipped out before she could even stop herself knowing her accusation was bold, "What about the fact he knew Delilah was pregnant and didn't mention that."

"That ain't our business, Gem, so why would he say shit anyways."

"You know Rosie is seeing Juice and she brought Delilah to a clubhouse party..." Gemma said trailing off hoping her husband would see the dots that were forming in her head. Nothing passed Gemma and she heard a few whispers about Delilah's arrival from a disgruntled croweater talking about how Jax spent the night with Delilah after telling a hang around to back off.

"Shit, Gem, you think your son knocked up Delilah Carmine! Come on, you think if he hooked up with her in a clubhouse full of people, her brother included, we would have noticed or already heard about it." Clay had to bite his tongue from calling his wife paranoid.

"There hasn't been a pussy Jax hasn't come across that he didn't like. You saw how cagey he was acting when Delilah was brought up."

Clay stood up from the couch and looked at his wife seriously, "So why hasn't he come clean to us – you. Hell, to Lip."

"Because he is still adjusting," Gemma said repeating the words Delilah said to her as she thought about Delilah's behavior that day in the market.

Clay rubbed his temples and he concluded his wife was becoming bored as she had nothing to amuse herself with besides filling her head with gossip and paranoia. "You need me to talk to him."

Gemma immediately shook her head, "No, just give me some time and see how he is after this run."

Clay nodded his head but he pointed his index finger at his wife, "But don't go starting fires, Gem, especially with this Carmine accusation with that history..."

"I know, baby," Gemma said standing up from her seat giving her husband a peck on the lips, "but I don't think we need to worry about Don especially if this is true...if anything it keeps the closets closed and sealed tight."

. . .

Jax twirled his spoon in his coffee mug as Delilah went over the Lamaze packets and some pamphlets for expecting fathers. He wished he could somehow participate in the excitement, but his nerves were too strung out on the fact he still needed to tell her he wouldn't be able to attend her doctor appointment.

He didn't know if he should tell her now in the safety of being in public, but he had a feeling it wouldn't matter anywhere where she would chew him out for breaking his promise. A part of him was unsettled on how much Delilah had already affected him. The sentiment felt foreign to him something he hasn't felt towards someone in close to a decade, but he blamed these feelings on his impending father that he was trying to get a firm grip on.

"Are you okay?"

Jax's eyes flew up to meet Delilah's curious gaze and his twirling hit a snag causing the sterling silver spoon to clink against the ceramic mug. He ran his hand through his hair free from the confines of his Reaper cap distracting himself from the inevitable reply he would give her. His hand wiped down his jaw as he tried everything in his power to avoid Delilah's gaze, but in the end, failed as his blue crashed with her green.

Jax decided to just rip the bandaid off fast, "Something came up on Wednesday and I won't be able to make the appointment."

Jax watched her apple-green eyes darken before a flash seemed to swipe across them and they receded to her neutral color. "Oh, that's okay. There will be more appointments" Delilah replied giving him a weak smile trying to hide the disappointment in her voice.

"Del, I wanted to go, but something came up," Jax said with a despondent sigh at the grim look that overcame her features.

"It's fine, Jax."

No, it's really not, Jax thought internally as he watched her twirl her straw in her drink and seemed to be defeated or her mood seemed to deflate. "I think we need to tell people – your mother – about the baby," Delilah said after a moment of silence.

Jax agreed. "I know, my mom mentioned she saw you at the grocery store."

"We should do it next week maybe at her house or yours," Delilah suggested.

"What about your uncle and brother?"

"We should tell him separately at my house after your mom. I feel they might take it worse than your mom."

Jax nodded his head as he played with the handle of his coffee mug for some reason he was content in letting Delilah have the reins on how they were going to handle this whole pregnancy thing. He didn't have to fear that Delilah would suddenly cut him off or keep him from seeing his son, although some doubt lingered that one day she could do that if pushed. "You sure you are not upset about me missing the appointment."

He watched as Delilah took a breath as she leaned back against her seat, a hand instinctively going to her small round bump that encased their child, "It's fine, I am sure it must be...important to renege on your promise." Delilah told him her teeth were nibbling on her bottom lip as she seemed to suddenly lose interest in her food – him. His stomach dropped from her next comment, "I think we should get ready to go, I actually have some paperwork to do. Luann is ahead of schedule for once." She informed him looking anywhere but at him.

Jax knew it was a lie and he just simply nodded his head as she got up from the table and he placed a few bills on the table paying for their meal. He knew she was upset with him as she didn't even give him grief about paying for her meal.

. . .

Delilah walked back into Cara Cara after cutting her lunch sort with Jax. She didn't know how to decipher what exactly she was feeling. She didn't know if she was allowed to be peeved and hurt that Jax was not coming to the doctor's appointment after he promised he would. She didn't like how this was causing so much emotional turmoil. Despite her and Jax seemingly heading towards co-parenting, she had prepared herself into being the sole provider for their son. She was going to be there with him 24/7 because of Jax and his commitment to the club.

The club.

Delilah knew she was overthinking slightly. She knew it was a club commitment that prevented Jax from attending this appointment and it slightly left her irked. Maybe it was an overreaction; especially since she was not Jax's Old Lady or anything, but she couldn't help but think this would be a common occurrence in her and now their unborn son's life.

Delilah grew up familiar with the ways of the club since her uncle was best friends with Piney and her brother eventually joined. However, she wasn't all that familiar and she knew her uncle wasn't always pro-club either. She saw the advantages of the club and now she was seeing a disadvantage.

Delilah needed to remind herself that the club wasn't her concern and she wanted to put Jax in that box, but Jax had grown on her, grudgingly. She wasn't delusional; she knew she and Jax were only being more friendly based upon the fact their night of indiscretion resulted in a pleasant surprise. As she said, she knew Jax was attractive, loyal, and a good man, but his track record made him not a good candidate for a romantic partner. There were too many variables like the revolving door of women and she wasn't sure he ever moved on from Tara. She didn't even want to open her issues regarding relationships. Since the beginning, Delilah had been fine with just co-parenting with Jax and just having a general concern for him as the father of her child.

Then Saturday happened.

When she visited him at his house she saw this whole different side to him. She saw him making an effort in wanting to make sure the house was up to her standards for their son. Then when she entered the designated room for their son she couldn't help the warm feeling that sprouted in her at the thought of Jax being a father, their child being a miniature copy of him with his blue eyes and blonde hair.

Those thoughts then turned into fantasies of them raising their son together and she quickly squashed those and berated herself for them as she already told Jax what transpired between them was a one-time thing.

She was not looking for a relationship and for now, she wanted to just focus on her job, unborn child, and her uncle. She didn't have room for anyone else and despite that, she already felt Jax chipping away that exterior and she hated the pang of disappointment she felt at lunch.

She could already feel the berating she was going to most likely get from her uncle and brother for not only sleeping with Jax Teller, but now she was going to give birth to his son. She was certain there would be some colorful terms shot at her, but she was prepared to deal with it. Additionally, she was prepared to deal with Gemma. She felt bad for lying to her at the supermarket, but it was what she and Jax agreed on to keep it quiet until this appointment. It seemed that he had no problem making sure this promise was kept sealed tight and Delilah almost felt like she was some dirty little secret even though she signed up for it.

Delilah didn't like feeling this way. She had never been emotionally unkempt since –

"Delilah!"

Delilah jumped at the deep male voice that interrupted her thoughts. Delilah looked up into the brown eyes of Sebastian since their encounter at the café she had somehow managed to successfully avoid running into him. Delilah plastered a small smile on her face hoping to give an illusion that it is somewhat pleasant to see him, "Sebastian," Delilah greeted as he made his way to her. She looked around the lot and wondered what a Chiropractor would be doing at a porn studio.

"Pregnancy seems to suit you well," Sebastian commented.

Delilah gave an indifferent shrug of the shoulders basically in all honestly she wasn't seeing any difference in her body. It already seemed like all her weight was going to be distributed in her belly. She had already begun lathering her small bump with stretch mark cream. So she didn't exactly know what Sebastian was complimenting because she was sure as shit hadn't gotten bigger boobs overnight. However, she replied anyway to be polite, "Thanks, it is still early though, but I guess it helps that I found a workout class geared toward pregnant women." Delilah had already begun mentally preparing herself for her body to change, especially with her small frame, but Delilah's eyes narrowed at the fact Sebastian of all people was commenting on her pregnancy body.

"How far along are you exactly?"

"Almost 18 weeks," Delilah replied trying to find some way out of this conversation and she already suspected what his next question was going to be. "I'm sorry, but can I ask what you're doing up here?"

"That's fine, it's okay," he said as he rubbed the back of his neck before speaking up again, "I was coming back from an appointment in this area and I remembered you worked here and was wondering if we can go for lunch, just catch up for old time's sake?" He asked with a hopeful smile.

Delilah pursed her lips and considered flat-out rejecting him because she was confused on why he wanted this when all she did was break his heart and that was why she couldn't say no. Plus she was upset with Jax. "Does Thursday work for you?"

"Hanna's Diner?"

"Sure, does 12 work for you?"

Sebastian with a wide smile on his face, "Yeah, yeah, it does."

"Okay, see you then."

Delilah turned around and walked inside the building. She pulled her phone out of her pocket to dismiss the notification that her break was over when she paused at the text on the screen.

I'm sorry.

For some reason, Delilah knew she would hear those two words a lot. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3K 41
Carrie just wanted to have a simple and normal life. Maybe even be happy for once in her life. Unfortunately for her, life had other plans and she is...
308K 4.4K 45
Luca was opies younger sister and jax loved her but she ran away to get a life away from the club years ago, what happens when all the lies she's bee...
26.4K 777 10
Sometimes relationships head into unknown waters. After facing many tribulations in their relationship, Jax Teller doesn't know how to tread back to...