Visits

They were officially done with their Lamaze class and it made the prospect of birth much more real for Delilah. The due date was drawing nearer. Her pregnancy seemed to fly by faster than she expected. She was a mixture of trepidation and excitement. She already felt like a mother, she truly did, but she knew feeling and being one were two different things. Her visceral reaction to this was currently squeezing the life out of Jax's hands as they were leaving the room.

"Are you okay?" Jax asked concerned and Delilah pulled her hand out of his immediate and flushed in embarrassment. However, the father of her child immediately grabbed her hand giving a kiss to her knuckles, "You know you can tell me, anyway, plus as I recall I am here to make this less stressful for you."

"Well, I would hope since you put me in this predicament in the first place," Delilah jibbed.

"Hey, it takes two to tango, darlin'." Delilah stuck her tongue out as a response. Jax brought her closer to him and leaned down and gave her a slow languid kiss that was quickly becoming inappropriate for the public, but the kiss was interrupted by the sound of shuffling feet and a squeak being released. Delilah swore she would have gone into labor from shock if she didn't know why the person she and Jax were currently staring at was here.

"Tara?" Jax asked breaking the silence in the hallway.

Delilah could say Tara looked the same with her pale skin and long straight dark brown hair just a little bit older and mature.

"Jax," Tara greeted politely and turned to Delilah. Delilah could see Tara didn't immediately recognize her at first, but then it dawned on her, "Delilah Carmine?" She said with shock in her voice as she looked from her face, belly, to Jax, and back at her belly.

Delilah answered with a polite smile, "It's good to see you, Tara. I'm sorry to hear about your father."

"Oh, shit, yeah me too," Jax said added on coming out of his stupor.

"Thank you, I appreciate it," Tara responded politely.

They all settled in silence before Delilah turned to look at Jax, "You know I am going to ask our instructor something. I'll be right back." Delilah informed them as she walked back in the direction of the classroom.

Jax followed Delilah's retreating form before he turned back to look at Tara who was in as much of a stupor as him in seeing each other in this situation. Jax could admit he used to fantasize about them being reunited. Some days he would give her the cold shoulder or sweep her up in his arms. But now, he didn't know what exactly he felt because he felt nothing, but gratitude.

Maybe it made a difference since he knew Tara's dad was in the hospital as his drinking caught up to him. Of course, despite the non-existent relationship he always had with her dad, he was sad to hear the old man was going to die alone and he didn't even know if Tara kept in contact with her dad as she seemed to make it a point to steer clear of Charming and everyone that inhabited it.

Tara, of course, was still beautiful. She was that classic beauty he was drawn to about her in high school. The only different thing was she seemed more mature and happy and he knew that happiness that outlined her green iris was because she left this town - him.

Tara looked back to where Delilah had walked before turning back to him. "So, if I interpreted this correctly, you and Delilah are having a baby."

Jax nodded his head with a smile, "Yeah, a boy. Delilah is 8 months along."

"Well, congratulations," Tara replied with a genuine smile.

"Thanks, how about you? Did you accomplish your dreams of becoming a big shot doctor?"