Growing

Delilah woke up feeling slightly lighter than she had for the past few weeks. She highly suspected it had something to do with the baby that was currently growing in her stomach and who the father was.

Charming was a small town and gossip traveled fast especially since she just graduated from college, and her arrival time seemed to coincide with this pleasant surprise. She hadn't officially announced her pregnancy because for the most part there wasn't anyone for her to announce it to. However, when you worked at a porn studio and could only go to one hospital in Charming that could provide her prenatal care the news was going to make it to the streets soon.

Plus, it didn't help that she had remained tight-lipped on who the father was. She didn't really care what other people were saying about her that she must have had a sordid affair with a teacher or a CEO down in San Diego or how it was "always the quiet ones." The only opinion that mattered to her was her Uncle and brother.

When she told them the news, as expected, they weren't thrilled, and even more so when she wouldn't tell them who was responsible for getting her knocked up. But they had to accept it after she told them she was going to keep it.

She had the means to take care of her child and with how important family was to her she didn't want to think about getting rid of it. She highly contemplated telling Jax Teller in the first place, she knew he had a right to know, but for some reason, she didn't want to tell him.

Jax Teller lived a whole different life than most.

She knew about the Sons, especially since her Uncle was best friend's with one and her brother was a member. The Sons lived by a different set of rules – a different set of morality that clashed with half of the town. She didn't want to put any judgment on them. Her brother was a member and they kept a watchful eye on her Uncle while she was at school. As a female, she didn't get how Gemma, mostly, could handle all the women, the threat of jail, or the threat of death.

Plus, it wasn't like she got pregnant by any Son. She got pregnant by the Son.

Delilah sort of regretted letting her friend Rosie in convincing her to go to one of the club's parties. She already knew what some of them were like when she had to pick up her plastered Uncle and brother sometimes and she wasn't impressed with the debauchery. She didn't understand why Rosie would want to get involved with that Life or want to be known as a croweater.

Delilah wasn't too fond of the idea of sleeping through a group of men just to say you did. Delilah didn't want to tell her friend that she was just a nameless face in a sea of women that just got lucky in being a conquest. From Delilah's understanding, most women who were croweaters didn't make it to the Old Lady phase except Rosie had quickly informed her the times were changing since Wendy Case became the official rags to riches story in bagging the Vice President of the mother charter. Although she didn't know how it was a rag to riches story to be with someone who still slept around. Her Uncle made an offhand comment that Wendy loved Crank more than Jax. Then again, Rosie managed to get Juice to slap a crow on her.

Delilah however never really concerned herself with the club and she was one of the few people that didn't carry the hope of bedding Jax Teller. Delilah would like to think it was because of their age difference that played a role in that. Yes, she would and could admit that Jackson Teller was a handsome-looking man and he knew that as well, but she didn't drool over him like most. She liked to contribute that to the fact she was always buried nose deep into a book. Although by the time she was noticing boys, she still didn't even form a crush on him. He was appealing and had admirable qualities, but she didn't delude herself in thinking there could ever be something when she was six and he was twelve.