Design Flaws

Updated: 08/08/21

_____________________

Jax felt nervous as he led Delilah down the hallway in his house. Since Charming was mostly homogenous when it came to housing designs he knew the house layout was similar to her and her Uncle's house except for a couple added rooms or the location of certain things and of course the obvious interior design which made a home feel different.

Jax honestly never gave much thought about housing. He bought this current house because of his relationship with Wendy as he couldn't be married and live in a dorm room.

Not surprisingly, Wendy was the first woman he ever lived with. He quickly learned very abruptly that cleaning was not one of her strong suits and her cooking was questionable at best. It wasn't as if he had the stereotype that women were only good for cooking and cleaning. There were days where he would just stay in the guest room in his own house as it seemed to be the only partial clean area in the house and eat a bowl of cereal as his pantry was constantly empty.

Jax knew, and he would admit it loudly, that he had to rely on his mother for most things on domestic things. However, very quickly with Wendy, he and yellow gloves became best friends as he tried to at least make his house presentable especially since his mother refused to clean up after Wendy.

Although it wasn't until recently after Wendy's less than graceful exit from his life that this house, which he was still paying the mortgage on, finally felt like an actual home. As before it used to feel like a bachelor's pad until he became bored with his wife throwing a party every weekend resulting in him babysitting her and making sure she didn't choke on her own vomit.

Since it seemed he had been hit with baby fever he took it upon himself to practically gut the house. He had the floors replaced and hired painters to repaint basically every room. It put a dent in his wallet. His mom, grateful he was taking interest in his home that she claimed was on the verge of turning into a crack house, was skeptical of his sudden need to remodel.

Luckily the baby fever wasn't at a peak where he was buying baby furniture but he had the baby's room picked out and cleaned. He decided he was going to let Delilah be the one to steer him in the direction of what she wanted for their son.

So now, he was just showing her the basic layout of his house as he presumed she would need to be familiar with it. He was watching as she took in the various items he owned. He didn't miss the pointed look as her eyes gleamed amusingly at all the biker paraphernalia in his house. Her fingers glided over his leather couches and he noticed her nails were painted a navy blue similar to the shade of the shirt he was wearing that had SAMCRO stamped across it.

It was a slow Saturday for him. He was dealing with a slight hangover from the after church party the previous night and was drinking his umpteenth glass of water when he received a text from Delilah containing a picture of a baby leather jacket. Somehow he ended up inviting her over to his house on the pretense of having a late lunch. Jax felt a rush of embarrassment and terror as he, the bad boy biker, was having a lunch date.

She arrived promptly 30 minutes later with a genuine smile on her face that was free of makeup. As she came in, he took notice of how in the few days they hadn't seen each other how her stomach was becoming more prominent. Granted her tight V-neck didn't really hide the fact she was indeed pregnant.

Jax watched her move in her black yoga pants as she looked at his bare entertainment stand one hand on her hip and he wondered if she noticed how her other hand stayed predominately on her growing stomach. He gazed lower on her body as he thought about that night when her voice broke through of his reverie of him thinking about her creamy and supple thighs, "Your house is very bare."