Explanations

updated: 8/15

________________________

Jax knew he fucked up the minute the words left his mouth and he felt like a major asshole. All that anger immediately evaporated by the look on Delilah's face as tears sprung from the corners of her eyes. He knew what he said couldn't be taken back. The slap she gave him paled in comparison with how she recoiled from him when he went to apologize. He felt like he couldn't breathe as she stormed out the house ignoring him as he called her.

It didn't help when he went out to his lawn his usually dormant neighbors were now all outside or peeking through their blinds being fucking nosy. He didn't need their accusing glares after they seemed to not even care when he was living with Wendy. Plus, it made him feel even more like shit that they obviously heard his and Delilah's argument.

He knew he took it overboard and he had no grounds to talk to his mother of his child that way. He didn't know why he even let his anger get the best of him. He didn't even have any right to be angry.

He shouldn't have let gossip and alcohol fuel him. At first, he didn't really take any weight to his mom's words about seeing Delilah and Sebastian even though hearing it he felt a pinch in his chest and he swore it had to be anything but jealousy. But his mom's words didn't upset him too much. He knew his mom sometimes overthought things and she sometimes made assumptions that could be just plain wrong. Plus, the last time he checked Delilah was single and Rosie quickly backed that up when he slyly brought up Delilah with her.

It was just afterwards when he went to get dinner when he heard in the restaurant other people talking about Sebastian and Delilah at Hanna's Diner. People were speculating that he may be the father or how could he possibly consider raising someone else's child especially someone who dumped him back in high school.

That got Jax thinking real hard as he shifted through his memories or anything about Delilah and this Sebastian Fields. The whole Fields family were arrogant pricks. It didn't help that they were technically related to the Hales as Sebastian's mother, Vivian, was David Hale's aunt. That whole bloodline was a pain in all of the Son's asses. So right there Jax was peeved just on that fact. So now, as he shifted through that he clearly remembered that Sebastian was Delilah's steady boyfriend all throughout high school. He actually recalled a view times catching those two sucking faces and for some reason his mind highlighted the way Sebastian looked at Delilah. He could recall a similar facial expression on his face as he looked at Tara.

Then it seemed like a mini-movie went off in his head of Sebastian and Delilah. Although he could blame it were those latent projections he felt for some time towards Tara and what would happen if she were to ever come back. He knew that pull of a first love. How it consumed you and made you want to eat a bullet with the mere suggestion of a separation. A part of him knew that Sebastian could overlook Delilah being pregnant if he knew that the kid would end up calling him daddy. He hated that he knew that was true because for a time he knew if he or Tara were in that situation they could overlook it. He just knew in his gut, Sebastian would try to worm his way into his family and Jax wasn't having any of that shit.

He didn't know why he even let those thoughts fester in his head and cause him fury. He knew he should have been a man and an adult and just asked Delilah instead of blowing up at her. That was the original plan, but of course, he decided to take a few sips of his friend Jack. However, he remembered that phone call and hearing some voices in the background and how defensive Delilah became when he questioned her about her company. He knew it was hypocritical of him to ask when he was almost tempted by sweetbutt offering to entertain him orally before the phone call, but she was pregnant with his son.