Unspoken

They were officially in their third trimester.

Their little man was going to be arriving soon and Jax wouldn't admit aloud that he was scared shitless. Mainly as Delilah and he began honing down on the actual details of the birth in regards what could possibly go wrong with her and Abel as they were already considered a high risk birth regarding Abel's prognosis with the CHD. So far all the Lamaze classes had done was make him fucking paranoid with all the complications of giving birth.

However, he decided to keep quiet on his worries as Delilah was going through the last run of the hormonal spike for the past few days as she was highly irritable or tired, like now, and she demanded that he communicate with his son. She was tired and wanted to sleep.

So Jackson Teller was here in Delilah Carmine's bed as she was propped up slightly and he was on his side rubbing on her stomach and talking low as he tried to calm down his active son. He didn't know if it was helping all that much, but the kicking was lessening and Delilah's body was relaxed.

He didn't expect her belly to be soft and so fragile and since her weight or belly, which according to her had shifted, her balance had been a little shaky. Jax could admit he had become a little more overbearing and she had no problem voicing her annoyance, but if you asked him, he would deny it even though it was the truth. He was able to cool her down once with a promise of a foot massage in the privacy of his house though. The father-to-be knew it was a shady move on his part to only do that one deed at his house, but it got her more and more comfortable than she already was at his place.

She didn't comment on it yet, but he hoped she was becoming warm to the idea. It wasn't as if she had to stay with him in his room, even if it was more ideal, but he had a guest room that she could claim as hers.

Nevertheless, despite the hormonal spike, Jax suspected there was something else nagging her. She seemed more lost in her thoughts and he knew it wasn't about Abel because she would have a smile on her face. This was something different as she was in deep concentration and a sad or angry frown would take over her lips.

When he would snap her out of her reverie and question if everything was okay she would easily dismiss his concern and pass it off as she was thinking about work or Abel. He had let it slide and just reminded himself that she would tell him when she was ready or maybe the pregnancy was weighing her down more than she was letting on.

Jax took his gaze off Delilah's expanding belly and looked up at the mother of his son to find her watching him intently, her facial expression indescribable. Jax couldn't help the flush that took over his cheeks and up to his neck at being caught having a vulnerable moment despite Delilah witnessing him these one-on-ones with her stomach for a while now.

"Don't go all acting shy now," Delilah said as her hand went to play with his blond hair.

Jax instinctively tilted his head into her hand before he grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on her palm before scooting up next to her, "I thought you were tired."

"I was, but now I'm not." She told him as her eyes trailed his form and she bit her bottom lip.

Jax quirked an eyebrow at Delilah's statement and hoped to god he wasn't reading into that look too much. The only thing he could comprehend at that moment was the sound of Delilah releasing a giggle before he felt her weight in his lap and her lips on his.

"Just remember my boobs are sensitive," Delilah whispered against his lips as she brought him back into a hungry kiss.

Jax had to admit he had been anticipating this for weeks. They had been dancing around this for quite some time and Jax could feel the build-up from the wait as Delilah ground her hips against him in his denim jeans.