Wrong Bump

updated 08/14

Gemma parked her black Ford Mustang in Jax's empty driveway as she looked at the void house from her leather seat. Since Monday, she didn't question her son or make it abundantly clear she was looking for something. After her talk with Clay, she realized she jumped to a major conclusion of Jax being the one to impregnate Delilah Carmine of all people in Charming. She just wanted to know what was wrong with her son. What the hell was bugging him?

Besides, she knew her son was not that reckless to not wear protection, also croweaters all salivate at the mouth of a chance with her son so she wasn't going to take the words of croweaters or porn stars.

She knew she made a big deduction on that one. Plus, she didn't believe her son would keep something like a baby from her no matter the circumstance or mother.

However, now that her son and husband were on a run, she was presented with the golden opportunity to do some investigation. She grew extremely critical of her son's forlorn expression on his face before he left and how his cellphone was practically burning a hole in his hand as he kept looking at it as if he was expecting a call.

She didn't say anything, just gave him her usual form of departure of a kiss on the cheek and a be safe. Jax unenthusiastically returned the gesture. He didn't even try to hide; he was indeed not all excited to be going on a run where Tig had been gloating about the pussy buffet that awaited all of them. Still, if the men were oblivious about their VP's non-interest, she might as well act the same. The last thing she needed was her son knowing she was onto him.

Gemma stepped out of her car and looked at the exterior of her son's lawn and the subsequent neighborhood. She honestly was surprised at her son's choice of the house for his first home. She knew he didn't put much thought into the purchase and she didn't even know he bought a house until he gave her an extra key directly a week or so after that scam of marriage to Wendy.

The white paneling with the bluestone one-story house, one house away from the corner somewhat stood out to the other homes. The outside did look a little dated from the lack of attention she could admit, but what made the house stand out was that exact lack of attention. Compared to the other houses on the block you could tell her son's house was void and empty. It didn't help this was a family-friendly neighborhood and clearly, every other house had some type of child influence. She didn't understand how his neighbors didn't see Wendy as a nuisance especially with her lack of maintenance regarding everything. Her son wasn't all that better until now.

Gemma rose her eyebrows up at the obvious lawn upkeep as the brown spots were missing and the shrubs were no longer overgrown.

Gemma grabbed the spare key to her son's house and unlocked the front door and for a moment she thought she wasn't even in the right house. She actually did a double-take at the pristine cleanliness of it all. She knew Jax must have hired some sort of cleaner to practically gut the whole place. Her son seemed to have gotten rid of that tacky wallpaper in the kitchen and painted the walls a nice tan color similar to the shade she had at her own house. Unfortunately, that tacky wallpaper was still in the dining room. From what she could see in the walkway the rest of the house seemed to be painted a light blue. In addition to the paint job, her son seemed to have moved a lot of the shit Wendy accumulated out of the house as it wasn't cluttered anymore and everything matched.

For Wendy, drugs seriously messed up her ability to match and Gemma thanked god every day that woman was out of their life. Gemma flicked her gaze to the kitchen floor where she found Wendy convulsing like a damn fish out of water that made her son get some damn sense and officially divorced the junkie.

Gemma placed her purse on the wooden kitchen table and exhaled a hard breath. She didn't know exactly what she expected to find because there was no evidence of any type of female influence in the house from face value.