Viewpoints

Jax, in the newly opened bistro called Redwood, was sitting across from Delilah as she devoured another bowl of potato soup. After talking to Delilah, in her driveway, Jax had suggested they should keep in contact at least once a week to discuss the baby or to get to know each other as adults. Delilah, surprisingly, jumped onto the idea and agreed they could take their lunch break together if their schedules permitted. Delilah was the one who decided to meet at this place that was actually under the club's watch to ensure its stay in the neighborhood. He knew that word wouldn't travel too fast about his and Delilah's lunch and hopefully future lunches. The little bistro was further out from Main Street as opposed to meeting somewhere like Hanna's Diner, which would not have been a good idea. They needed to announce to his mom and club about the new generation of SAMCRO keeping residence in her belly.

This was their fifth lunch together. Honestly, Jax looked forward to this hour away from the club and his mother. He enjoyed being in Delilah's company despite her insistence on trying to pay for her lunch when she knew it was a losing battle.

In these gatherings, he had learned a lot about Delilah that he wasn't aware of before. He learned that she wanted to open her bookstore with a café. She graduated in the top five percent in her class and despite all the offers she got from other businesses; she always planned to return to Charming. She couldn't deny that her family did play a huge role in that decision, but Charming was her home and San Diego was fun while it lasted.

Her favorite color was teal and purple as she couldn't decide which she liked more.

Her favorite drink was Sprite or pink lemonade. She couldn't reject having a nice cold cup of Kool-Aide that brought back childhood memories like when her Uncle accidentally spiked a pitcher she made.

Her favorite food was Thai as she discovered it in San Diego, but sadly there weren't any restaurants in Charming for that cuisine.

Her favorite book was East of Eden and her favorite movie always changed but she loved horror movies despite them always being unsatisfying.

Having lunch with her Jax couldn't help, but admire the mother of his child. He always admired her full blonde hair and the various ways she would style it.

Today her blonde locks cascaded down over her shoulders and reached mid-way down her back. From his previous knowledge, he knew her golden hair was thick and silky. He noticed she wasn't the type of woman that always ran their hand through their hair.

Delilah barely touched her hair besides moving it out of the way so she could eat when it was down. However, if her hair became too much of a hassle she would quickly put it back up into a mini bun. In the action of putting her hair up into a messy bun he noticed how her arms were slightly toned, he could see her small muscles flex from the movement.

Remembering her small frame and every plane and valley, he knew she still worked out to keep up her physique. He suspected she didn't do much weight lifting and she seemed more like a cardio girl.

He also observed how she always wore the same silver necklace that contained the letter D with a heart inscribed in it. It didn't take too long for him to deduct that the D stood for her uncle, Donovan, and on the second chain she wore around her neck were her parent's wedding rings. She didn't wear any other jewelry besides the rotating hoops or diamond studs in her ears.

Her eyes he noticed were always shifting greens. He quickly concluded that they were his favorite thing about her. Her eyes were always so expressive, but mostly he liked how they seemed to change color with her every emotion. He really liked the deep green that reminded him of the pine trees that were decorated for Christmas. Her eyes were that forest green whenever she would spare a glance down at her growing belly and when she would glance back up at him. For a millisecond, he believed that green would be for him before they turned to a light apple green.