Dinner Announcements

Gemma took one last puff of her cigarette before she got out of her car to knock on the Carmine's front door.

She promised her son that she wouldn't cause a scene even though he quickly interjected that she should just leave Delilah alone. However Gemma suspected that was more because she couldn't get it out of him what he did to piss his baby's mother off.

Nevertheless, Gemma almost strangled her son when he told her that his unborn son had the family flaw and he managed to make Delilah upset.

The worried mother self-consciously ran a hand over the scar that reminded her of her Achilles' heel that caused her to lose her own brother and then her own Thomas. Gemma vowed that she would never go through something like that again. She knew because of Thomas' death that was when she may have become fierce and overprotective towards her oldest son, but Jax was her whole world.

She prided herself in being his mother.

Despite everything, she will always be grateful and will love JT for giving her Jackson and Thomas.

JT gave her that chance to fulfill her destiny – her fate – in being a mother.

Though knowing that her own son's firstborn was plagued with the family flaw terrified her. Yes, she was already worried about how severe the diagnosis was even though Delilah was doing every too properly and proactively managing it. It was just Gemma had this feeling lately, especially with how she found herself being reminded of JT lately.

He plagued her mind more than usual.

She remembered how her first husband unraveled after Thomas' death and knowing him and her son, something like this, even if it was not life threatening, but just the emotional pull could make her son's head cloudy.

JT's flaw was he followed his emotional compass too much even with her trying to maneuver him into making the right decisions for the good of the club. However, their marriage was broken and she had started getting close to Clay. It didn't help that he left her alone to handle the emotional battle of watching their youngest son deteriorate while he chose to be in Ireland with his Irish gash he had no problem throwing in her face. By then she hated her husband.

Gemma knew she was completely overreacting and she hated when she let her mind go down there into that vault she made sure she kept secure. It was just that Jax was so much like his father and impending fatherhood would most definitely change his way of thinking. Though, she knew she was overthinking because it wasn't like Jax was second guessing Clay's reign or his grooming of him to be able to have the gavel one day.

That thought gave a smile to her face as she thought in a few years after this baby was born Jax would have his son who would admire and idolize him as Jax did with JT.

Gemma stubbed her cigarette out and made her way out of her car. Gemma looked around Carmine's neighborhood; she almost forgot Opie and his family lived next door. From the looks of it, it seemed no one was home. She would go over there to visit the Winston clan if they happened to return after her visit was done with Delilah but seeing as Donna iced everyone out and it seemed Opie was keen on leaning straight due to his petite wife she decided to just let them be.

She was focused on becoming a grandmother. She suspected she would start some Old Lady training to Delilah instead of focusing on Donna who in her opinion was being a whiny bitch as she had nothing to complain about before Opie's prison sentence. She knew Opie and Donna didn't have full disclosure and that was where most of the resentment unbeknownst to the troubled couple came from.

"Well as I live and breathe, is that Gemma walking up to my doorstep? Clay know you here?" Donovan joked giving her a lecherous grin.

Gemma rolled her eyes at Donovan's words. Despite him and Clay having a strained relationship that only he, Clay, Piney, and she were aware of, Gemma and he have always remained on neutral ground. She suspected it was due to her being best friends with his sister Lily and as he would say he was making up for crushing her hopes of ever being with him as she had a small crush on him when she was younger and Gemma wouldn't deny that.