Conditions Improving

Lip didn't know why Rosen advised him to ditch the kutte and dress up in slacks and a button-up. He was getting a divorce from a junkie. It wasn't as if he was losing Isla, as no one in their right mind would hand Fawn custody, the only thing he was at risk of losing was a little bit of money. And he told Rosen that he refused to pay for Fawn after the divorce. He would pay a flat fee to allow herself to stay clean and find somewhere to live, but he wasn't about to support her when she wouldn't be his wife – his responsibility.

However, he knew something was up as Fawn's hair was no longer red, but now bleach blonde and cut to her shoulders. She was actually wearing a nice pantsuit and looked like a whole new person. But he wasn't about to be fooled even more with this lawyer she had brought with her.

Yet, once the decisions of assets and property and exactly what she wanted. Lip was losing his patience with the conniving little junkie.

She was purposefully toying with him and he knew it once Isla was brought into the matter and she wanted shared custody.

"Can you guys clear the room?" Lip asked abruptly even though he wasn't really asking. Rosen didn't object and Fawn let her lawyer go.

"What the fuck are you playing at?" Lip asked as soon as the door to the room closed. "You'll be lucky to even get fucking visitation, Fawn."

"She's my daughter."

"You're a fucking egg donor," Lip reminded her. "You're nothing but a fucking pathetic junkie. I should've listened to everybody else when they told me you were nothing but trouble."

He ignored the look of pain that passed her face before she drew a blank face. "That's rich coming from an outlaw biker."

Lip's back stiffened and he gave her a humorless laugh. This was how she was going to play it. Despite all her bullshit, not once in their relationship had he ever felt the urge to beat the shit out of her. But now he can envision leaping across the table and strangling the life out of her. And it is those thoughts that he knew it was a good reason to divorce her ass. A woman should ever make him want to stoop to that level.

"You better think real hard about what you're doing here, Nina."

"Why are you going to kill me?"

Lip didn't say anything, but stood up from his chair and left the room.

. . .

Lip didn't bother even changing out of his clothes as he found his "father in law". He was busy tormenting the prospect who was training for a boxing match. He and Tig didn't have much of a relationship even before he became entangled with Fawn. Lip always thought Tig should be committed to a mental institution and that this life was only enabling some of his more toxic qualities. Their relationship sort of came to blows when Tig tried to feel some type of way when he and Fawn got together. Lip had quickly reminded the man of his shitting parenting skills. That was a fun time explaining to Clay why both of them were bloody and bruised. Lip sort of lost respect for Tig when he sort of washed his hands of Fawn with the addiction. He was no help after the second overdose. Lip didn't even want to discuss the non-existent relationship the man had with Isla.

"We need to talk."

Tig eyed him for a couple of seconds but followed Lip into the clubhouse and the chapel.

"You need to talk to your fuking daughter."

"What is going on?"

"She is threatening me with custody." Lip informed him.

Tig eyed him. "She wouldn't do that."

"I just came back from the lawyers. You need to remind your daughter that her bullshit doesn't affect her. I'm wiping my hands from her. I'm done, Tig. But she is not dragging Isla through her bullshit."