Abel

Gemma normally didn't make it a common occurrence to stay and hang out at an after-church party longer than she needed to. She didn't need to educate anyone on the fact that Clay had a good and proper Old Lady at home. Of course, once in a while, she would get the occasional brave croweater trying to vie for Clay's attention. She honestly welcomed the chance to let her claws out and remind everyone who the head bitch in charge was and Clay with his fantasies still thrived off a good catfight. Some days she aimed to please her own man. After all, she did have a reputation to uphold.

However, she also didn't expect someone else to be here this late: her son. Delilah was very close to her due date and she was surprised he wasn't hovering over the mother of his firstborn son especially since he told her that her Braxton Hicks were becoming more frequent. Delilah felt it was best to take her maternity a couple of days before the scheduled due date instead of up to that point.

She had been eyeing her son from her spot over by the couch across from the bar where she was wrapped up in Clay's arms. Cigar smoke clouding her vision.

She was impressed with her son. He was ignoring all advances of the croweaters, who were catering to his every whim despite his disinterest in them. Sometimes it did amuse her how these croweaters were desperate for a chance to get a peek at her son's dick. It was downright depressing and embarrassing, but she blamed her son for his idiotic decision to marry fucking Wendy. It made all the croweaters think they were good for anything other than just being a warm hole for the guys to stick their dicks into and to open beers. They thought they were proper Old Lady and wife material.

Gemma could blame Lenny for really embracing the loose girls that trailed after the guys like mice following breadcrumbs. When the club first started it was just her and eventually Luann. She sometimes missed it because there was no drama and she didn't have to deal with watching every one of these men lose some very strong Old Ladies because of their wandering dicks.

She didn't blame them because she didn't like the thought either of Clay stepping out on her, but she knew this club and she knew these men. Clay knew what he had at home and he did best to make sure that shit didn't follow him home and slap her in the goddamn face.

That's where she admired her son. Even though he was just a prospect and then a newly patched member when he was with his high school tart he never strayed. Her son could be faithful. But she also knew he could use sex in the wrong ways. He used it as a coping mechanism. He did it when his father passed before he found Tara and after Tara left him. Although after Tara, Clay had a major hand in throwing every shade of pussy her son's way to balm the wound Tara left. That was why a little part of her was worried. She tried not to overthink, but her son always lets his heart drive him.

Yes, the club was quiet at the moment and she hoped it stayed that way, but she was worried because her son could be misguided. She felt this was just a byproduct of being married to John and knowing Jax was his son. She hated when her thoughts turned to what exactly John passed down to Jax, but she saw how Jax looked at Delilah.

She knew if something would happen, the way stuff just happened in the club, Jax would do what John did. He would isolate himself, push away the ones he loved the most because of their misguided mission to protect them from the club.

Gemma shook her head and turned and kissed her husband on the cheek, "I am going to head to the bar, you want a beer, babe?"

"Nah, I'm good," Clay replied as he loosened his grip on her. Gemma planted a kiss on his lips and gave the hang around he was socializing with a smile before she made her way to her son, who was tormenting the new prospect.

"Uhh...Ms. Gemma," Kip greeted her nervously and it caused Jax to turn around, "Hey, Ma."

Gemma sat down on the unoccupied seat next to her son, "You're here late."