Manuscript

Jax woke up to the scene he had been waking up to for the last three weeks since Abel came home from the hospital. Abel wasn't out of the woods yet as the doctors wanted to wait until he was at least 6 months old before giving him a clean bill of health. Besides the scar on his chest mirroring the one Gemma had you wouldn't be able to even know that something was wrong with his son, who was cradled in his mother's arms as she nursed him.

They were keeping Abel in his bassinet in their room for a while as he had sleep apnea and because of the procedure on his heart, but Jax had already established that once Delilah was given the clear from her doctor they were getting the room back to themselves. He received an eye roll as a response, but watching Delilah with their son was a major turn-on. It didn't help that since she was nursing her boobs were quite large.

Jax was seriously in awe of the female anatomy or he should say Delilah's anatomy.

Jax leaned up further on the bed as he spoke, his breath fanning across her shoulder where he placed a soft kiss against it. He smiled at Abel, but he was too engrossed in his task of drinking his food. "I hope he knows those puppies are on loan."

Delilah turned to face him with an amused smile before she looked back down at Abel, who was sucking greedily, "I think daddy's a little jealous."

"Jealous, no, envious, yeah," Jax corrected smugly.

"Well good things come to those who wait," Delilah teased which made him grunt in reply.

Jax sat in silence as he watched Delilah give Abel his breakfast.

Delilah had taken to wearing her hair up more often much to his slight dismay since he loved to run his fingers through it. But since she did wear it up it gave him better access to her neck and collarbone, which just led him to have blue balls.

For a while and especially with Abel's first week home with how he was commenting to her about how desirable she was in caring for their son he could tell she was uncomfortable with her post-pregnancy body.

Jax honestly didn't care.

He wasn't that shallow especially since she gave birth to their son. He wasn't going to pressure her into losing weight or changing her appearance. It wasn't as if she had a ton of baby weight left, but she would lose it on her terms. He thought she needed to focus on caring for Abel anyways.

However, she had started taking walks with Abel around the neighborhood in his stroller to start some workout routine. Jax thought it was best to remain mum on the whole weight issue altogether and only be vocal on how beautiful and sexy she was.

He thrived off the reactions as she still became flustered and her skin would turn all pink. Her having his baby didn't change any of her modesty and slight innocence.

Jax watched Delilah look down at their son in admiration as she switched breasts and Abel moved his fist and what he would categorize as the satisfaction that his mom still had more to give him. Jax already surmised that his son was a greedy little thing, but he inherited it rightly from his father. One of the many traits he suspected his son may have gotten from him.

Jax knew it was still early to begin determining who Abel would resemble the most, but as Abel got older each day, Jax could smugly say that Abel would be taking after him in the looks department. Jax had even looked at a few of his baby pictures and his son was the spitting image right down to his eyes. However, Jax could admit he was slightly weirded out – in a good way – when he saw Delilah's signature scowl on their son's tiny face.

One thing Jax knew he would have, but didn't know how intense it would be was the protectiveness he felt with Abel and Delilah. Delilah even commented he was somewhat of a baby hog as well, but Jax felt sometimes he had to steal his baby especially from his mother.

Gemma had already made her schedule of when she would be watching the baby and he already felt bad for his son because knowing how hovering Gemma was as a mom, he couldn't imagine how she was going to be as a grandma.

One person though he was surprised with how taken they were with Abel was Donovan. He would always find Donovan with Abel away from the crowd and sitting in a chair just enjoying the quiet while they sat in silence. Jax suspected that Donovan was rubbing some alcohol on his son's gums to get him as quiet as he was and Donovan wasn't the "baby whisperer" he claimed to be.

Lip and Isla were also fighting to hold Abel all the time. Jax thought his son was going to grow up spoiled for sure.

Jax just didn't expect to fall into the role of fatherhood so easily. Sure, he was still unsure and he still had that fear that he could screw up somehow.

Here something he created depended on him for everything and if history repeated itself he hoped his son would look up to him the way he did his father, but only for the good things.

Jax was already thinking about the future with his son by teaching him how to ride and take care of a bike as his dad showed him. However, lately, he found himself questioning if he would groom his son for the gavel as his parents did with him. Jax would respect Delilah's wishes that their son would have options, he was sure it wouldn't be easy since Jax felt this club – the club his father started – was their legacy. This was what he would pass down to his sons. Just lately the heat with the Mayans was brewing; Jax suspected he was on such a high with Abel being born that it slipped past his notice. He made sure he kept those thoughts out of his head when he was dealing with his family. They were just settling into a groove and he didn't need club business getting them off track too soon. Besides he was still unsure of how much he would indeed tell Delilah.

"Hey."

Jax's eye snapped to Delilah's where he currently saw the whites of hers.

"You weren't even listening to me." Delilah scolded with no real venom.

Jax gave her a sheepish smile in return as she removed Abel from her nipple and repositioned him to be burped. "I'm sorry I was just admiring my gorgeous Old Lady."

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Teller, but as I was saying you need to head to the storage unit to put those totes I have in the guest room in there and your mom said there was some baby stuff you might want for Abel in there."

They both knew it was just more SAMCRO items to pass down to Abel.

Jax nodded his head and leaned over and placed a kiss on his son's head and a lingering one on Delilah's lips, "I love you."

"I love you, too," Delilah replied against his lips.

Abel burped, which caused the two to laugh.

"I love you too, son," Jax said.

He pulled back and copped a feel of her boob. He was rewarded with a scold of his name and a slap on the shoulder before he grabbed his son.

. . .

Jax pulled open the door to the storage unit and coughed at the onset of dust that hit his nostrils. Jax placed the totes of his old décor and miscellaneous items that Delilah declared he didn't need in his house in an open space on the floor.

Jax couldn't remember the last time he ever went in here as he saw various nostalgic items from his childhood on the shelves collecting dust.

Jax was shuffling through the various baby items all with SAMCRO emblems when a box with his dad's name on it signifying it held his dad's belongings caught his attention.

Jax grabbed the box and swiped the dust that coated it like a second skin off it as he felt a thousand emotions hit his heart. He thought it was some weird sign that he would come across some of his dad's things when he was a new father. Jax took the lid off the box to find it filled with papers. Jax grabbed the first thing that caught his attention which was a stack of old photographs. A bittersweet smile came across his face as he sorted through the photos of his dad in the Vietnam war, various photos of John with his mom, and the early days of the club.

Jax wrapped the photos back into the rubber band and set them aside as he planned on taking them home when a thick envelope labeled "Original 3-15-1993" in his dad's handwriting caught his attention. Jax opened it and pulled out a thick stack of paper with a cover page titled:

The Life and Death of Sam Crow. How The Sons of Anarchy Lost Their Way. By John Thomas Teller.

Jax sat down on some sturdy boxes intrigued.