Working Conditions

"I wish you were going to still be pregnant for Halloween. Your stomach would look so cute all painted up like a pumpkin!" Luann gushed as they sat down for lunch at their table.

"Well I will still be pregnant during the 4th of July, maybe we can do something if I am not crabby about it," Delilah said. Just because she was comfortable now with her pregnancy body didn't mean in the last few months that wouldn't change.

"Oh maybe you could do one of those mold things and make a cast of your stomach." Luann suggested after a moment of thought.

"Sure, Luann," Delilah said with a little chuckle.

"I am just so excited to have a baby around. The baby is going to be so beautiful. I hope they get your eyes though."

Delilah nodded. She honestly didn't really think much about the baby's appearance and what she hoped it inherited or didn't. She didn't really see the need to as she was so focused on making sure they were able to manage the CHD. All she wanted was a healthy baby.

"You know Otto is sad he won't be here. He is hurt you didn't mention anything about the pregnancy in your last letter though." Luann revealed as she patted Delilah's hand and held it gently.

"Jax and I were unsure when we were going to announce the news, but how is Otto?"

"Oh, it was so nice to finally see him after he gets his visitation taken away so much. I just wish he could come home. I miss him so much. His warmth and him just being there," Luann said with a nostalgic smile on her face as she retracted her hand and traced her wedding rings.

Delilah gave Luann a sad smile, "Well it's good you have the chance to visit him again. He is coming up for parole right?"

"Well not soon, but yeah, but his past in being violent will always work against his favor besides he has only done 12 out of the 36 years. I will be a prison widow forever." She said trying to hide the hurt and longing.

"I'm sorry, Luann."

"Don't be," Luann told her with a watery smile as she pushed some of Delilah's hair behind her hair. "So have you thought about what we talked about the other day?"

"Well it didn't help that Gemma showed up that night as well." Delilah said pointedly.

"Honey, we Old Ladies have to stick together and sure I am an Old Lady as well, but Jax is her son and he is the VP. Gemma is more proper help than me, I must admit."

"But I am not an Old Lady, Luann." Delilah stressed.

"Not officially, but anyways there is nothing wrong if you don't want that with Jax, I wouldn't blame you, but you and Jax could have something good. I really believe that."

"I don't know, I can't accept cheating at all...and I mean Jesus I haven't even contemplated the other aspects of the club as much I would like to be in the dark. I know I wouldn't be able to live in ignorance, but do I really want to know." Delilah told Luann with a frown on her face as her hands caressed her baby bump.

There was just so much stuff and issues when it came to Jax and now in the absence of his presence it had Gemma, Luann, Lip, and her Uncle all voicing their opinions. It was overwhelming. She wasn't ever ignorant from the start about who Jax was and who she was having a baby with, but before she was just a friend. What Jax did or anyone of them did it didn't directly affect her. Now since she was having Jax's baby it was. It was going to affect her and their son. She felt no one understood that magnitude of it. Sure, it was easy for them to only look at her and Jax, but there was an innocent baby that wouldn't have the chance to walk away from this Life. Her innocent son would grow up conditioned for certain things that frightened her a bit.