Work

A few days easily turned into a week. Jax had already decided he was sick of the silent treatment and he was on the verge of becoming pissed off himself. After he would call at least five times in a row he would receive a curt and short message from Delilah saying that the baby was fine before she would hang up. If he called again the phone would go straight to voicemail.

Jax tried to keep his mind cool and collected, but his calm nature was slowly eroding. However, every time he tried to find some sort of defense for himself, it made him just look like an ass or he would be contradicting himself because god forbid if he caught Delilah in that situation that man who found himself on that end would be scattered across the highway.

In this week of reluctant dead silence, Jax found it ironic that club business was on the relatively slow side and people seemed to be more attuned to his sour mood. It didn't help that he received a few sour looks directed towards him. Of course what happened between him and Delilah had been enough crumbs for a croweater to nibble on and spread through the clubhouse and at this point he suspected the whole population of Charming. He received a nice gift of a black eye from Lip as well. Lip hasn't spoken to him since then.

Jax was performing the menial task of changing the oil in one of the cars when he heard his mom's clipped tone call his name out from across the garage and by that tone he knew it was best to tend to her right away. Jax visibly sagged under the hood of the car before pulling back and taking his rag and wiping his greasy hands. He made his way to the office where his mom was still perched in the doorway to make sure he was coming in.

Gemma finally moved from the position of the doorway as he drew closer, "Shut the door," she threw over her shoulder while she stood behind the desk her hands placed on her hips as she narrowed her eyes at him, "Does Delilah look like she is 15 or like Tara goddamn Knowles?" The irate brunette matriarch asked hotly causing his eyes to narrow at her choice of words. Gemma pointed a freshly manicured finger at her son, "She is the mother of your son, Jackson, I told you that she was already wary and now she has to worry about you finding anything that will spread their legs to you because what you got in a fight? Did she reject you? Yeah, Rosie, reluctantly gave me the details to why you were in a pissy mood although it doesn't help you have croweaters and pornstars talking about the mother of your son."

Jax clenched his jaw as he folded his arms over his chest, "I know I fucked up –"

"That's an understatement," his mom muttered.

"I am trying to make this right but she won't answer my calls or texts and I know if I show up at her house Donovan will kick my ass."

"Well, he should." Gemma fired back.

"Thanks, Mom." Jax said sarcastically.

"Well, I am sorry I raised such an asshole for a son. I told you she was worried, Jax, and you just threw in her face one of the reasons why she should be."

Jax sighed and rubbed his hand down his face, "I don't know what to do here. You yelling at me isn't helping and I tried to figure out a way to apologize, but all I do is end up sounding like an asshole."

"You betrayed her trust, Jackson, it didn't matter if you are together or not." Gemma pointed.

"You're talking like I blew my whole chance with her."

"You might have, Jackson. I don't know if you noticed, but Delilah isn't the going back and forth type of girl. She isn't going to put up with your wandering dick," Gemma told him as she looked at her son who had a storm brewing in his eyes. She wanted to feel bad for her son and she knew she was going to do some damage control for him, but her son needed the truth. Gemma took a deep breath and sat down in the chair at her desk, "I don't think it needs to be stated that Delilah is a catch and she has a lot going for her. She has made herself a life all on her own. On top of that, she is a beautiful woman. A beautiful woman who can have any man she wants...if you want her Jackson you can't do this dumb shit. You have to fight for her. Show her you are serious. She isn't Wendy or Tara and you're not 16 years old anymore or just trying to replace someone."