Changing My World

By QuietStampede

Sequel to battlefield of changes. School has started again. Will she fit in and who will become her enemies... More

The Beginning
Don't care
Yet again it happens
When it all began to go wrong...
Giving up and giving in to my darker side
Letting in All Out
Meltdown
Detention
Tears
Goodbye...
Depressingly Shocking
Escape plan
Seeking Help
Darkest Dreams
Care Home N.o 3?
Familiar Faces
It's happening again...
Domino Effect
Expect the Unexpected
You tell the same lie...
Off with her head!
The end of everything
Toast and jam
Rory
Welcome Home Into My Arms
Trying to reach out to you...
You never listen!
Too much to cope ....
So done with these feelings...
Police Box
Darkest Fears
My room...
Fishtail
Nightmares come true just like dreams do...
Intruder
Making it
Invisible Bruises
Revenge
Girly gossping?
Costume Time
Not so happy halloween...
So close...
Makeunder
Halloween
Catastrophe...
I honestly hated Ryan...
You don't and deep down you know you don't
For goodness sakes....
Curious Defelopments...
Almost There
The secret comes out...
Inspection Day
Interview
Lost forever
When things got worse...
Further and Further...
Box
Surprises in store...
Keeps getting worse...
Big Mistake...
Sweet sweet dreams...
Opening the box...
Home at last
Movie Marathon
Sick Day!
Schools in
Reading
Wow, great start me(!)
Slow us down
Confiscation
Cross Country
In with the coats and jackets
Cool Beans
Activity
How fast things can change
Just need our own space
Raging Fire
Everything is Changing
Talk it out
First of the Fights
Unexpected Blackmail
Learning the lines
The Warning
Results
Letter
Runaway.....Again
The End of Everything...
Cover Comp
Book Three is Up!

One bad night after another...

440 16 11
By QuietStampede

"What happened this morning must never happen again!"

We all sat round the breakfast table listening to Mike who was having a stern word with everybody having heard what they did to me this morning. I was wrapped up in a towel trying not to freeze to death as I drank some warm squash that Mai Lee had made me.

"Carmen, Bailey, your grounded without allowance for a week with extra chores!"

"But it's that party tomorrow!" Carmen protested before giving me an infuriated glare.

"Yeah and football training!" Whined Bailey.

"Tough. You could have made Marie seriously ill this morning so let that be the end of it!"

"But coach is expecting me..."

"Bailey! Not another word! I'll call him, tell him you won't be there" he then walked out in the direction of the office.

"Not to worry you Marie" started Mo looking straight at me. "But you do look a bit pale"

"I'm fine. I just need to warm up a bit.."

"Why don't you go and take a hot bath?" Mai Lee suggested. I nodded and made my way up to the bathroom.

First though I stopped off at my room to collect my shampoo and some clothes along with my towel. Don't want to forget your towel when you live with like 12 other people.

I then travelled towards the bathroom, closed the door, locked the door, and set all my stuff down on the side of the bath.

I let the hot water run and took off my pyjamas. I went over to the mirror to inspect the bruise again.

It covers my entire hip and is absolutely massive! I just hope Mike doesn't see it because he will obviously have questions, questions that I don't want to answer.

'Yeah Mike I was travelling through time and space in a police box with Ryan and the doctor, a man who can never die when I fell against the metal bars inside a room that's bigger on the inside. Just an average day really. Don't even worry about it.'

The mirror started to steam up because of all the hot water in the bath so I turned on the cold as well. When the water was at a nice temperature, I stepped into it and sat down, allowing the warm water to sink into my skin.

Even though the water is steaming and the mirror condensing, I still feel cold. Not goosebumps and shivering cold, just cold in general.

----------

After bathing I put on some black leggings and a blue top with a white skull on it, covered by an indigo blue hoodie. The weather is rainy and cloudy, but you know, it's Britain and October so...

I took all my stuff back to my bedroom before making my way down into the kitchen. I walked in to see Kazima doing the baking she was on about. "Hi Marie. Want to help?"

"No thanks. I just came in for more warm juice actually"

"Still cold?"

"A bit but I'm much better thanks"

I boiled the kettle and got a plain, green mug out of the cupboard. After making the warm squash, I took the steaming drink into the living room which had been put back to normal by now.

I placed my drink on the coffee table between the two sofas and sat down in one of them. Carmen was on the other looking through a magazine with Tee. Tee gave me a smile but Carmen didn't even look up but who cares about Carmen?

I just relaxed for a bit but my eyelids began to feel heavy and it became much harder to stay awake.

"Marie honey? Wake up. Lunch is ready"

I opened my eyes too see Mai Lee standing over me. "Come on everybody is waiting for you"

I rubbed my eyes. Must've fallen asleep. To be fair, we were up really late last night and I had another stupid nightmare so I barely had any sleep at all.

I followed Mai Lee to the kitchen which was filled with the amazing smell of Kazima's baking. "Wakey wakey gorgeous" said Ryan as I sat down besides him.

I smiled and shook my head at his comment. Mai Lee passed round the plates of what I think was vegetable soup or something. I'm not sure but it smells good so I decided to just get on with eating it.

"Mike are we going to be doing anything for Halloween?" Asked Jody. It's Halloween in just a few days. I'm passed trick or treating but I'm up for parties and dressing up still.

"We don't know yet Jody. It depends what you lot want to do!"

"Well what's that supposed to mean?" Tee asked.

"Well we can't go trick or treating AND supervise a party at the house now can we?"

"So we have to choose who misses out?"

"Basically, the only way we will all be pleased is if us older lot get invited to another persons party. If not, then it will be us who miss out. Won't it Mike?"

Mike nodded his head at my statement before continuing to eat his lunch until the phone in the office rang.

He came back a few seconds later with a happy expression on his face, grinning from ear to ear.

"What is it?" Asked Mai Lee.

"Tracy Beaker is coming back again."

"When?" I asked excitedly. I have only met Tracy once but she was the one who tried to convince Mike to not make me go and live with my uncle.

"She should be here in just under an hour!"

"Why is she coming back?" Bailey asked.

"Mainly to see her boyfriend Seth but she will be staying here with us in the spare room so don't be any trouble please"

"As if we would be(!)" I smiled.

----------

Tracy soon arrived and was in the office sorting something out with Mike. Probably just talking about the recent drama in the house, keeping her updated so she doesn't say anything that upsets any of us.

After that, she was told to go make our dinner in the kitchen. It's like she works here. I know she used to, I guess Mike is just treating her the same as he used to in the old days! He misses her a lot when she isn't here.

I'm just chilling on the sofa because dinner shouldn't be too long. I was trying to beat my high score on crossy road, as per usual when the low battery sign appeared. I groaned but didn't bother getting up to put it on charge.

A crash of thunder sounded from outside causing me to let out a little Yelp! I still hate thunderstorms, and it's raining buckets! A couple of people sniggered at me being scared of thunderstorms but I just pretended to not notice them.

Tyler was playing pool with Bailey, Harry and Floss were playing a board game or something, Carmen was flipping through yet another fashion magazine, Finn was on the computer and everybody else was upstairs doing their own thing.

The radio was on and something caught my attention...

'And that's when the prisoner Henry Lewis escaped. He is 5 foot 9 in height wearing all black and is thought to still be in the area!'

Without warning, all the lights, the computer, the radio and the tv went off! This made me screech again as I hate the dark too.

"Marie get a grip it's just a power cut!" Carmen whined.

"I'll go get some torches from Mike"

"I'll go with Tee" said Tyler as they both got up and walked out of the lounge to find Mike.

I got up too and tried to make my way towards the door. It was hard as it was completely pitch black.

"Ow!"

"Sorry Floss I didn't see you there!"

I managed to get into the doorway without causing any more disasters but I felt myself crash into another person who I don't think saw me either.

"Argh who's that?!" I squeeled.

"It's me who else?" Ryan said quickly grabbing my shoulders. "Are you alright?"

"Sorry and...yeah...I'm fine"

"Don't apologise. Let's just go to the kitchen. That's where everyone else is..."

"Can you help me? I literally I can't see a thing! I just stood on Floss trying to leave the room"

"Yeah ok come here"

He took my hand in his and intertwined our fingers and wrapped his spare arm round my waist and guided me to the kitchen where all the older kids stood. Most of them holding torches which was a good thing for me.

"But what am I supposed to do without power?" Moaned Carmen as she waved her MP3 player in Tracy's face.

"Use your imagination. Power cut, storm, perfect time to tell ghost stories"

"What about dinner?" Tyler asked.

"Is food all you think about?" Tee teased.

"His brain doesn't have the capacity to think of anything else!" Bailey joked.

"Capacity. That's a long word for you isn't it Bailey?" Ryan sneered.

"I'm off to the shop to get more torches and candles" announced Mike upon entrance. "The electrician doesn't know when he can come out to fix it so I'm getting more torches and candles. Tracy....can you...."

"But I'm supposed to be going to the cinema tonight with Seth..."

"I won't be long ok?"

Tracy nodded and Mike walked out. Great.

"Now what?" Carmen asked.

"Emergency takeaway pizza!" Said Tracy gleefully as she got out a menu for us all to look at before continuing to stir the cold spaghetti hoops unenthusiastically in the pan that wasn't hot anymore because of the power cut.

Everyone fought over the menu as they all tried desperately to see it in the dark but I didn't bother. I only like margarita pizza so there's no point looking at the menu.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Isn't it weird that one month ago today, I published the part where Marie was first adopted not long after she arrived at the DG? It feels like so much has happened in just a month!

Thanks for reading and voting! It makes me so happy xx

LYGSM 💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 1.1K 27
Her world was perfect. Until her parents became her worse nightmare, lost her brother due to suicide. She lost her closest friend due to a rumour. Sh...
174K 8.3K 17
Gerard and Mikey Way get bullied. They move to a whole different town after their mother gets transferred and have to go to a new school. Will this s...
3K 81 34
Rosemary is forced to go to boarding school when she was in grade 2. now she is 16 and in grade 10. What will happen when she is forced to move back...
36.9K 560 25
Ever since Megan Greene was in third grade, people being bullied always turned to her for help. She would, in a way, bully the bullies, and has consi...