Changing My World

By QuietStampede

Sequel to battlefield of changes. School has started again. Will she fit in and who will become her enemies... More

The Beginning
Don't care
Yet again it happens
When it all began to go wrong...
Giving up and giving in to my darker side
Letting in All Out
Meltdown
Detention
Tears
Goodbye...
Depressingly Shocking
Escape plan
Seeking Help
Darkest Dreams
Care Home N.o 3?
Familiar Faces
It's happening again...
Domino Effect
Expect the Unexpected
You tell the same lie...
Off with her head!
The end of everything
Toast and jam
Welcome Home Into My Arms
Trying to reach out to you...
You never listen!
Too much to cope ....
So done with these feelings...
Police Box
Darkest Fears
My room...
Fishtail
Nightmares come true just like dreams do...
One bad night after another...
Intruder
Making it
Invisible Bruises
Revenge
Girly gossping?
Costume Time
Not so happy halloween...
So close...
Makeunder
Halloween
Catastrophe...
I honestly hated Ryan...
You don't and deep down you know you don't
For goodness sakes....
Curious Defelopments...
Almost There
The secret comes out...
Inspection Day
Interview
Lost forever
When things got worse...
Further and Further...
Box
Surprises in store...
Keeps getting worse...
Big Mistake...
Sweet sweet dreams...
Opening the box...
Home at last
Movie Marathon
Sick Day!
Schools in
Reading
Wow, great start me(!)
Slow us down
Confiscation
Cross Country
In with the coats and jackets
Cool Beans
Activity
How fast things can change
Just need our own space
Raging Fire
Everything is Changing
Talk it out
First of the Fights
Unexpected Blackmail
Learning the lines
The Warning
Results
Letter
Runaway.....Again
The End of Everything...
Cover Comp
Book Three is Up!

Rory

595 19 37
By QuietStampede

11:00 is when my checks begin. I can see the clock that sits opposite me on the white / grey wall, it's now 10:59. Only one more minute of boredom.

Luckily, that minute just got cut short as a nurse dressed in a fully blue uniform walked in. He has brown hair and an abnormally pointy nose. He is holding a clipboard close to his chest with a pen stuck behind his ear, and looks oddly nervous.

He stopped at the foot of my bed and examined the clipboard.

"So Miss Riley, we have a few tests to run to ensure your body is in full working order and we can hopefully let you go home" he smiled.

"First, we will be taking a tiny sample of your blood. I'll push your bed and you to the testing room where we will be for a couple of hours, OK?"

"Sure. Thanks Nurse...?"

"Williams. But call me Rory."

"Ok then. Thanks Rory" he seemed to lighten up a bit, seeing that I won't bite.

Rory then took the breaks off my bed and wheeled me into the testing room. I don't get why I can't just walk, it wasn't very far at all. Literally just down the hallway.

He got out this grey plastic peg thing that had wires attached to it and put it over my finger. It pricked my finger making some blood come out that was then being analysed by the computer.

Rory pulled his glasses on and made some notes on the clipboard. "Now I'll need to check your blood pressure. I'm sure you know what this involves"

I nodded in agreement even though I have no honest clue. He got out this little machine and strapped a velcro strip round the top part of my arm and pumped the other end of the wire it was attached to.

It made a weird buzzing noise and felt kind of like a shiver down my spine, but on my arm.

"Looks good here" he said as it beeped away, I'm guessing it was signalling that it was finished doing whatever it was doing.

"So miss Riley, there doesn't seem to be any issues with your blood regarding contamination or cell activity...."

"That's good right?"

He sat back in his chair and removed his glasses. "Yes it's brilliant but usually takes much longer so now we have some spare time together. Fancy a chat?"

"Ok then" this is weird as hell but oh well. I'm out of here tomorrow, might as well leave knowing I made friends with a nervous nurse right?

"So Rory, how's life?"

"Life's...good. It's crazy, but good."

"Crazy is just familiar really, I live in care. There's never a day where nothing happens. Luckily, my boyfriend Ryan has always been there, since I arrived pretty much"

"Yeah my girlfriend, really helps me through it. Her name is Amy, well Amelia technically. She has amazing red hair and a Scottish accent. She risks her life for me, almost daily..."

"How does she risk her life?"

"You would never believe me"

"I've been in three different places that are on fire in the past 8 years, just tell me!"

"Well, these things called Daleks are mostly to blame. They are from another planet though..."

"Another planet?"

"Yes, the doctor takes us there..."

"The doctor takes the nurse to another planet? Seems legit.."

"He uses his telephone box. Raggedy man. He puts his life, an mine and Amy's in danger to save the world. Almost everyday, probably more. And nobody even knows about it"

"More than every day?!"

"Yes. It's a time machine you see..."

"Oh yeah because that was obvious(!)"

"We have met weeping angels, cyber men, silence..."

"Silence?"

"Yes, you can only remember them when you look at them. Then we almost murdered Hitler.."

"You, almost murdered Hitler?"

"Yes but it's fine. The doctor saved us again."

"Is there anything this doctor can't do?"

"No not really. He can't die, well he can, but 507 times. He uses his sonic screwdriver and physic paper, the tardis..."

"Tardis?"

"Time and relative dimension in space. The police box? Aren't you listening?!"

"I am, I'm just so confused!"

I swear this guy is insane, but something about it just seems so genuine.

"Yes, it's a long story. Anyway, shall we get back to the tests?"

"Only if you promise to introduce me to this doctor one day"

"I promise. And I won't forget."

"Corse you won't. If he is a time traveller..."

"Time lord!"

"Ok, time lord, then you can just come back to this moment, and remind yourself!"

"It doesn't work like that"

"Why not?"

"There can't be two of me in one moment, I can't travel to the same place in my own timeline. It will create a paradox..."

"Just, tell me I can meet the time lord?!"

"I promise. And we will take you on an adventure."

"Ok..what's the next test?"

"Oh yes!" He explained as he returned his gaze to the clipboard.

"We need to make sure you can breath properly. You are going to have to blow down this tube that will measure how much air is in your lungs."

Compared to what he had just been saying, that sounded simple.

He got out a circular thing that was like a compass, with a small tube sticking out the side. He also got out a plastic, disposable mouthpiece which he attached to the tube.

He handed me the weird thing and I blew down the tube like he told me to.

He did a bunch more tests that just involved clipping things onto me, turning them on, waiting for a beep, turning them off again and scribbling something down on the clipboard again.

"Lunch!" He exclaimed, slamming the pen down on the table.

"Then can we talk about your adventures more?"

"I don't know..."

"Please?"

"Ok. I'll have to hand in these results first though"

"Well you know where I'll be"

---------

Ham and lettuce sandwich, salt and vinegar crisps and apple juice. Yummy!

Rory kept his promise. It was like 15:00 when he came back into my room to talk to me about the doctor.

He sat in the chair that Ryan was on yesterday and began talking.

"Tell me more about the doctor!"

"Ok, he dresses like an idiot. He wears a fez, sometimes, and braces, and bow ties..."

"Wow don't judge his fashion statement!"

"Ok, we call him raggedy man. That is what Amy called him when she was just a little girl. They first met when she was younger and Amy introduced me to him. He flies about in his spaceship saving the world."

"I thought you said it was a time machine?"

"It is a time machine, and a spaceship. It travels through time and space, wherever you like. Even though he can't fly it properly."

"So he saves the world, and nobody even knows about it, or thanks him?"

"Sadly no. He will never show off or look for thanks. He just saves the day and moves on."

"Where does he live?"

"In the tardis. That is what his time machine is called. He stole it, years and years ago."

"You said he could die 507 times, how?"

"Every time he dies he regenerates. He turns into someone else. He is the same person, same memories and experience but he looks completely different."

This whole idea in completely bonkers, yet it fascinates me.

----------

Eventually though, Rory did have to go. Not all my questions had answers, but he promised he would come for me, one day.

Time passes differently in hospital. Everything is boring and identical. It feels like it's driving me insane!

Luckily, Ryan came in, wearing his school uniform. He was with Mai Lee who had a small bag with her.

I gave them both a big hug and began to chat with them.

"This nurse, Rory, told me some amazing stories today, he was great company. Anyway, he said I can definitely go home tomorrow!"

"That's amazing!" Ryan exclaimed.

"I brought some clothes for you, so you don't have to come home in your hospital gown! There's also something else in there..."

I took the plastic bag she was holding out and looked inside to see the little white paper bag, with the black ribbon handle. The one she bought when we were in the shopping centre.

"I completely forgot!" I said happily as I took it out.

I reached my hand into the bag and felt a smallish, rectangular box. I pulled it out and looked at the mysterious gift in my hand!

A NEW PHONE!

"OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" I yelled before hugging her again. "How did you know my other one was broken, I never told you or Mike?"

"I told them" Ryan said. "When I couldn't talk to you because you were away at Burneywood. Sorry"

"Honestly it's fine, I'm so happy right now thank you!"

"Mike had it all set up! Your number is the same and the first £10 credit is on there ready to use!"

"Thanks Mai Lee. But will Dennis allow it? He doesn't like phones.."

"Didn't you hear?" Ryan asked.

"Hear what?"

"He left. It was him who started the fire."

"Both fires?"

"Probably. He resigned so that Mike wouldn't go to the police. Lizanne also left. Everything is back the way it should be."

"Thank goodness, I can't handle any more drama!"

----------

Ryan and Mai Lee had to go as it was getting late, it's already dark outside! Dinner was a bit boring. Pasta and tomato sauce, oh well.better than being fed through your nose!

This is my final night in hospital. I'm so done with this. I have my phone but I don't know what the wifi code is. I can call and text because there is signal, but I can't download games or anything.

I tossed and turned and tried to sleep, but I can't stop thinking about everything. A time lord coming to visit any day now, finally going home tomorrow, simply getting fresh air is going to feel amazing! I can't wait.

I just lay there in the dark, staring at the ceiling. The room is filled with tiny orange and red lights that are on equipment to say it's on and working. Kind of like the light on the front of a telly.

The phone vibrated on the small table next to me. The room is so quiet it sounded like a small herd of elephants stampeding through the hospital! I picked it up and burned my eyes as the screen shone in my face. It's a text from Ryan. Who else would it be at 3:30am?

R: You up babe?

M: Yes, too excited to sleep

R: Excited?

M: HOME TOMORROW!

R: Like I could ever forget X

M: You have school though...

R: Don't worry about me, let me worry about me. Focus on yourself for a change xx

M: No, I'm going to worry because you won't be there when I come back X

R: Heaven just called...

M: What?

R: They were asking if you'll be back in time for tea? X 😇

M: That was so cheesy! xx Cute though xx 💜

R: What time r u back?

M: What in heaven?

R: No tomorrow 😂

M: Like 10 I think xx

R: I can't wait that long! Need to see you! X

M: Me too you have no idea xx

R: Trust me, I know how you feel. Lonely xx

M: I'll be with you soon, just be patient xxx

R: I'll try, but it's hard....and it hurts

M: Count how many hours till we see each other. 12 from now right? After you finish school and get back. Every time it hurts, or you miss me, count the hours. They will get smaller, and smaller, and eventually, there will be none xxxx

R: But then I will be counting hours every second xx

M: Don't let it hurt! For me?

R: Anything for you xx

M: Good, so sleep now, or else you won't enjoy tomorrow as much as you could

R: Do I have to? I miss you xxx

M: I miss you too but I'm so tired. The sooner you sleep, the sooner I'll be back xxx

R: Ok love. Goodnight gorgeous xxx See you tomorrow X X

M: Goodnight, I love you x

R: I love you too xx

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Again, sorry if I offended anyone!

Also, how was the little hint or dr who? Thought I'de spice it up a bit! I'm thinking of doing a part or two of doctor who but I want opinions. I won't do it if you guys don't want it!

This is a Ryan Reeves fanfic, not doctor who. I just thought I might maybe slip in two or three chapters of doctor who, just because I can. Let me know your opinions please?

Thank you for reading this far if you have. To all the silent readers, please feel free to vote and comment. It makes my day when I wake up to see them and can reply to them. It's completely anonymous after all xx

Love you all xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.6K 1.6K 64
There are 2 schools in panem Capitol high and district high Capitol high is full of popular trouble makers and sluts District high is full of n...
174K 8.3K 17
Gerard and Mikey Way get bullied. They move to a whole different town after their mother gets transferred and have to go to a new school. Will this s...
Not So Secret By Ema

Teen Fiction

162K 5.8K 48
*Dirty Little Secret Sequel* They've been through thick and thin; had several fights and mishaps. But they've always gotten over them, right? Until n...
23.6K 700 19
what will happen when a known bad student Eden Fryer, meets the most strict teacher at her new high school, Zelda Andiron. Eden 18, is a senior at h...