The Lord's Favourite Dealer (...

By Shady_D

Alexander Richardson is a nineteen-year-old attorney in the making. He spent his childhood reading through hi... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Epilogue.
Ties (Jordan and Benjamin)
Sergio's POV
Please rate this book!

Chapter 28.

17K 797 73
By Shady_D

Chapter 28.

*****

By the end of the week, my exams were done which meant I was on break. I let out an exhausted sigh seeing Sergio's car across the street as I made my way out of school. Why couldn't Clyde be here? I needed to sleep, not to attend another one of Sergio's meetings where I would be wasting an hour or two of my life in a corner watching everyone else talk about useless nonsense.

I was about to go to the car but I got stopped by Shiloh as he grabbed my hand in a quick greeting.

"I'll see you at the party?" He asked. I had tried to explain to Shiloh that I needed to stay away from him and the others for a while, but he just responded with a, 'We can take care of ourselves,' and then went on to talk about regular things.

"We went to a party last night." I frowned. He stared at me, clearly asking what my point was. I shook my head deciding not to bother with trying to make him understand that there was something wrong with attending too much parties. "Uh, I can't – I'll see." Last night's party had left me almost falling asleep during my exam, I was exhausted. I really didn't want to go to another party; I doubt I'll be a able to stay awake through it. I hoped Clyde didn't know about this one.

"Let me speak to the prick." He frowned, "You're not their fucking pet." He added.

"He's not..." I stopped. Yes, he is a prick. "I'd rather you not, Shiloh. I told you I can handle this and I really don't want to go to a party right now. Besides, they'll probably let me leave now. No school means I can't sell for them, right?" I was just saying that to get him to let it go.

He stared at me before he nodded. "Right... until next semester." He said, "Then they kidnap you again? Threaten you again? You thought about that?" he frowned.

I had not thought about that... What if I was still doing this next semester? What if I did this until I graduated? Oh no.

My eyes moved seeing movement behind Shiloh and I saw Ben glare at me through the gap in his window.

"I have to go. I'll see if I can come by." I said.

"Wait. Alexander." I looked back at Shiloh, "Don't be stupid."

"What?" I asked.

"You're defending him now? You're obviously into him." He hissed, "Alexander, use your head."

"Shiloh, I'm not into him. I have to go."

"You always do this; you always fall for the assholes. That dude in fourth grade, James, this guy –"

"I seriously have to go. I'll see you later."

"I'm telling Claire about it!" he shouted after me. I knew he didn't mean the drugs and everything else. But he was wrong. I wasn't into Sergio. Not that way... I wasn't...

I crossed the street and climbed into the car beside Sergio. I let out another sigh as my heart raced from the run across the road.

No one spoke as Cooper started the car and drove from the school. The only noise was the soft radio.

"Uh..." my voice broke the silence in the car and Sergio looked at me, "Since I can't sell anymore, what exactly do you want me to –" I asked.

"Who says you can't sell anymore?" he asked.

"Well... I'm on break." He stared at me.

"So?"

I opened my mouth to say something but my mind went blank so I just let out a sigh. Sergio smiled and I glared back at him.

I leaned back against the seat and stared out of the window.

-----

I sat bored again as I texted my friends while the people around me smoked as Sergio spoke to some guy.

The guy was smoking a cigar and had women on either side of him rubbing his shoulders, chest and wherever else they could reach, it seemed.

Sergio was also surrounded by women as well. He didn't seem to mind, actually he didn't look like he even cared as one ran her hands from his shoulders onto his chest while another woman handed him another drink. I frowned at the scene. I'll admit I felt a little angry at how they kept touching him because clearly I'm insane.

Okay, maybe Shiloh has a point. I need Claire...

No. I was only angry she got to touch him and I cut that deal off, it wasn't beyond physical.

Sure, it isn't.

Shut up. Great. I'm yelling at the voice in my head, again. I'm going crazy!

He glanced over to me and I swear I saw him smirk at my boredom before he looked back at the man and replied to whatever he had said. I couldn't care less what they had been talking about until Sergio's phone cut the guy off and Sergio handed his phone to Ben to answer after he glanced at the screen.

"What's up?" Ben spoke as he walked out into the hall.

We could not really hear the music from downstairs, so I guessed the room was at least somewhat sound proof.

"You were saying?" Sergio asked.

I drifted back to my phone as the man picked up where he left off until he was once again cut off as Ben walked back in.

"Excuse me." Sergio looked at Ben annoyed until Ben leaned down and muttered something to him.

"Now?" Sergio asked.

Ben nodded and muttered something more.

Sergio sighed as he put his drink down.

"You'll have to excuse me, Heath. I have an urgent matter to attend to. It sounds interesting, so we will just have to reschedule."

"Interesting?" Heath asked.

"It sounds like money." Heath laughed lifting his glass as a woman handed Sergio his coat and kissed his cheek. Sergio smiled at her before he walked out. She seemed to be the only woman Heath treated with respect here.

"Get up, we're leaving." Ben snapped at me.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes as I got up and grabbed a beer from the ice on the table. Heath chuckled at the motion as I walked out and Ben followed. He shoved me as soon as we were out of sight, I didn't respond, I just brought my beer to my lips.

We walked downstairs and out of the empty club, the music was on because the cleaners liked it that way I guess. I frowned as we stepped out into the late afternoon sun. I had wasted my entire day following Sergio from one place to another. I followed everyone to the car. Hopefully we were headed home now...

I watched Sergio interested as we drove because he was staring into the passenger seat mirror as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Tell me you guys cleaned the fucking house when I said to."

"We did, there should be no trace of drugs or anything else anywhere." Cooper – the guy driving – replied.

"'Should be?'" Sergio's menacing glare made me cringe even though it wasn't even aimed at me.

"I can assure you there is not a trace, Boss." Ben said from beside me.

"You better fucking hope so." Sergio's fingers brushed through his hair again as he looked into the mirror seeming stressed. "Cooper, slow the fuck down."

Geez, what had crawled up his ass holding a porcupine and died in there?

I would have said something, but his annoyance would probably be worse towards me so I just kept my mouth shut until we drove up to the house and Cooper parked in the driveway.

I followed Sergio out of the car furrowing my brows as to why Craig and Ben were not doing the same before I followed him into the house.

Sergio shoved the door open and I kept my distance from him seeing the glare in his gaze grow deeper as he spotted some of his men on the couches and in the dining room.

"What the fuck are you all doing here?"

"Boss, we wanted –"

"Leave, now – Get Clyde here and tell Kent I need him at the loft."

No one needed to be asked twice and as soon as everyone left I was standing beside the open door confused as to whether I should follow everyone that just shoved by me.

Sergio let out an annoyed sigh and turned to find out why the door was open I presume and instead he cracked a smile when his eyes landed on me.

"Oh, forgot about you. Leave."

"Really?" I asked hopefully. He walked over and shoved the door shut as he rolled his eyes.

"I mean to your room, obviously." He said he shook his head with a grin. I smiled at the fact that it was aimed at me.

"Sergio!" My eyes widened hearing a woman snap his name. Sergio sucked in his breath as a tight, nervous smile crossed his face and I narrowed my eyes looking towards the woman. Her brown hair was tied back neatly and she wore rose dress that went just below her knee.

"Mama!" He turned around. Whoa, his mother? "Didn't I tell you several times that you cannot come near this house?" He muttered as he hugged her.

She smacked him lightly making my jaw drop a little as he rubbed his cheek frowning.

"I can visit my son wherever I like! What did I tell you about talking to people that way? I know what you do, but that doesn't matter. Where are your manners?" The woman asked.

"Sorry, Ma..." Sergio let out in a breath and I instantly decided I really liked his mother, "David, what the hell are you doing here?" he hissed and my eyes moved to a guy that looked a lot like Sergio but with curly dark brown hair. Sergio obviously hadn't inherited his mother's hair colour like his brother had. They did share hazel brown eyes as opposed to their mother's green pair.

"We tried to call you; I'm on break so I decided to drop by. What happened to the apartment you had?"

"The loft? I still have it. I told you to meet me there when you visit, you two cannot just pop in here, it's very dangerous." Sergio said.

"I will do as I like." I smiled as Sergio let out an aggravated sigh. Well, his mom seemed nice. "Is this your boyfriend?"

Sergio snorted and I gave a chuckle despite the tight feeling in my chest.

Stop it, Alex. The voice in my head was a harsh command.

"Fuck, no –" Geez, was it such a bad thing? "I-I mean, no. No, Ma. He's just a... business associate that currently lives here. Leave, Alexander."

I'm the one that's supposed to be reacting that way. It is a bad thing. I should be disgusted by even the thought of being in a relationship with him.

"Are you sure?" David asked raising his brows as he looked from Sergio to me.

"I'll uh... go. It was nice meeting you." I smiled at Sergio's mother and brother.

"No! We're about to have dinner, join us!"

"No, we aren't, Mama. I'm serious. You have to get out of here, both of you. I'll drop you off; I already have Kent waiting there for you."

"Then Alexander can ride with us." Sergio looked at me and without him saying a word I knew he was telling me she wasn't going to let up. I shrugged with a smile. I didn't mind, we definitely weren't headed somewhere bad as long as we were with them.

"Fine. Let's just go." Sergio said. The door opened and I turned to see Clyde walk in before his eyes widened as they landed on Sergio's mother and David.

"Hello!" he grinned, "What a surprise! You finally began to grow facial hair!" David flipped Clyde off receiving a smack on his arm from his mother as Clyde laughed at Sergio, "Mrs Marquez! Don't you age?" I raised my brows as Clyde hugged Sergio's mother.

"Nope, just like my son, I see."

Sergio licked his lips and frowned, she obviously wasn't referring to his physical features. I felt a little bad for him, even though I was amused.

"We need to leave." Sergio sounded frustrated. "Clyde, park your car, we're taking mine. I need to get something, head to the car." He threw his keys and Clyde caught them.

Sergio disappeared into the hall as Clyde walked out talking to David. Sergio's mother smiled at me and I returned a nervous one. She didn't move. I momentarily let my eyes fall to break eye contact as I wondered if I should follow Clyde and David. But that would be rude right now; she would think I'm leaving to get away from her... which would not be wrong.

What if she asks why I'm here? Do I tell her the truth?

We both stood silent while she just stared at me smiling, it was beginning to freak me out and make my palms sweat. What if she was plotting my death? She DID give birth to Sergio, after all.

Oh, Alex. Stop being an idiot.

Right. She didn't look like she could harm a fly, but things aren't always as they seem.

"Y-you have a nice son." I blurted without even thinking. I felt my face heat showcasing my embarrassment. Her brows rose. "I – I mean, he's not nice – he-he can be... nice. He's not... though."

Be quiet.

Okay.

"I know what you mean." She smirked an identical smirk to the one I had constantly seen on Sergio.

"Oh. You're not in the car yet..." Sergio walked in and we looked at him. He looked between us. "What is this?" he motioned between his mother and me.

"Nothing. Let's go." His mother smiled at him and walked out.

I turned to follow her but Sergio grabbed my arm.

"What was that, Alexander?" he asked.

I didn't say anything, I just grinned at him to annoy him, and I succeeded because he frowned as I pulled my arm from his hand and walked out.

*****

Not the most eventful chapter...

Thank you for reading :D Please vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496 47 8
"I need to stay by his side even if I hate him because that's the only way I can survive..." When Ryan Afshar's father faced financial difficulties...
42 3 8
Damien Valenti, an 18-year-old with a rebellious streak and a tendency for trouble, grew up surrounded by the shadows of the mafia. Despite his tumul...
32.9K 1.9K 12
"You might be king in the streets, but I'll still beat your ass" "Stop playing ma, I'm the one clapping them ass cheeks" "Keep talking and you w...
2.8K 80 11
Characters; Alex Love (Main Character) Dj Hills (Main Character) Jayceon "Jay" Stone (Main Character) Treyvon Knowles (Main Character) De'Ja Smalls (...