The Lord's Favourite Dealer (...

By Shady_D

Alexander Richardson is a nineteen-year-old attorney in the making. He spent his childhood reading through hi... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Epilogue.
Ties (Jordan and Benjamin)
Sergio's POV
Please rate this book!

Chapter 26.

17.6K 788 249
By Shady_D

Chapter 26.

*****

I watched Ben as he walked into the kitchen. His blond hair was a mess and he had dark circles around his eyes. He frowned at me and walked to the fridge to grab a beer. I watched as he gulped it down while Kent shot me a frown. I narrowed my eyes back at him, 'What? I had not done anything to Ben yet – not that I was planning anything. He looked like crap though.

"What are you looking at?!" Ben snapped at me.

"Nothing... How was that dinner, by the way? You listen to my suggestion? Did it get you some action –?"

I cried out as Ben suddenly grabbed my shirt – I was expecting him to be annoyed, but not this pissed.

"Listen here, Asshole –"

"Calm down, Ben. He's just messing with you." Sergio's voice came from the door.

I looked at Ben as he glared down at me (I was still sitting down) and I realised he wasn't pissed at all. He let my shirt go with a shove before he walked out of the kitchen not looking at Sergio as he passed him. I suddenly felt incredibly bad about teasing him.

Sergio raised his brows confused as he stared at the opening Ben had just walked out of.

"I expected him to try to hit you first, and then walk out." Sergio mumbled, "Can't you try, at least just for a few hours, not to make everyone around here angry?" he looked at me.

He's so oblivious...

"Oh, he's not angry." Sergio still looked confused and I laughed.

"Just – just ignore him, Sergio." Kent frowned at me. What was up with him?

"Yeah. Where's Clyde?" I asked.

"Here. Let's go." Clyde's voice came from the hallway.

I nodded getting up from my seat while I finished my juice. I made my way out of the kitchen giving Kent and Sergio greetings as I smiled at them. Sergio grabbed my arm and I turned to frown at him as he dropped bags into my hands.

"Enjoy your day." He grinned. I shot him another glare at his sarcasm as I threw the drugs into my bag. "I'm not being sarcastic, Cadbury." I furrowed by brows glancing back at him as I walked out of the front door, my eyes cautiously surveying the road before I got into Clyde's car. Cadbury?

"Uh... Is it alright if I hang out with someone later, after school?" I asked.

"No."

"No?" I turned to Clyde surprised as he drove.

"Yes: No. You're the one who said your teacher's trying to kill you."

"Uh, I said nothing of the sort. They're trying to kill you, I might be a target but I'm not that big a threat to them so I don't matter."

"If you're part of our gang, you're a threat to them."

"Good thing I'm not then." I said.

"They think you are." He said.

"So... just tell them I'm not." I said.

"First, I think you have the perception that we actually sit down with these people and talk to them, we don't. Second, if I were to tell anyone to stay away from you it would result in a bigger target on your back because it would make it look like I care about your safety." He said. "Also, I spoke to Rod; he's going to keep a closer eye on you. I suggest you don't run off again unless you actually have some type of death wish – who am I kidding, you probably do. You're an idiot."

"I won't run, Mother." I said rolling my eyes.

"Good. You have chocolate on your face." He smirked as we parked in front of the school.

I frowned at him and he smirked back. He was lying... I think. I gave in and turned the rear-view mirror so I could look into it. Okay, not lying... Oh. Cadbury. That explains it. I felt my face heat and cursed at myself for eating like a child this morning as I wiped the chocolate from my chin. Kent's waffles were just so good...

"Try to keep your face clean, will you?"

I flipped Clyde off as I got out of the car and walked into school. Alright. Focus on your test.

-----

I stared down at Kyle and he would occasionally glance at me as he spoke to the class. He looked pulled-together. So did Clyde. They didn't look like criminals in their suits. The way they spoke, the way they walked. Kyle in particular seemed to have an aura of trust radiating from him. Friendliness. Lies.

I decided I was going to call Steven, find out what he knew about all of this – or any of it.

When the lecture ended I gathered my things and began making my way out of the room but Kyle waved at me. I slowed my walking as I reached his desk. I waited as he ran through the students that wanted to ask him questions before the last one left.

"What?" I asked.

"You followed me."

"I didn't. How could I follow you without knowing where you were in the first place?" I asked. He frowned.

"Don't get smart." He snapped at me and I narrowed my eyes at him. I could see Rodrigo leaning against the wall outside the door; he was too far to hear us. "How did you know where we were?"

I shook my head deciding to get to the point. "Why doesn't Steven know that you know Declan?" I unintentionally sounded out the name with some disgust. "Why doesn't he know about the plans to blow the warehouses up?" I didn't know whether he knew or not, but I was going to assume.

"He doesn't need to."

"You're lying to the force. What are you?"

"I'm a policeman, Alexander."

"No, you're not." I said. He laughed.

"I am, but that's just to help a bigger cause." He said.

I laughed. "A bigger cause? Your gang is a bigger cause? Of what? Chaos? Get over yourself. You're trying to justify the fact that you're supposed to be a help to the public, but you're just a piece of shit."

"Call me what you want, but this is bigger than me. This is bigger than us... This is bigger than the police, Alex. Don't you see? You're playing for the wrong team. When we take over, we could give you everything you've ever wanted." Kyle smirked.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I hissed.

"Your parents. It wasn't Declan... but we know what Steven doesn't. We know who killed them." I stared at him feeling my heart thud in my chest. I clenched my teeth staring at the floor as I tried to process what he said. He knows... What did he want in return for the name? "Join us. Help me get into Clyde's head and I'll give you everything you need to know to get revenge on their murderer."

"You want me to get into Clyde's head? Meaning...?" I asked looking up.

"Find out what he's planning, what they're planning. I heard you're close to Sergio? Find out what he's doing to retaliate our plans and then I'll tell you – no, I'll SHOW you who killed your parents and when we go to war, I'll make sure your friends are safe." He said, "Think about it. It's the only scenario where none of you get killed." He said.

"None of us?" I asked confused.

"Your friends. We take no prisoners, Alex. I have a staff meeting." He rolled his eyes grabbing his briefcase and walked out of the room.

I groaned dropping my head. What an asshole.

I stared at his desk for a few seconds trying to make sense of everything. My head was a mess. This was too much bullshit for me to deal with.

He would show me who killed my parents, all I had to do was help him. But he lied before, he could be lying now. I trusted Clyde way more but Clyde wasn't going to help me. Kyle probably wouldn't either, he would probably just say anything to mess with me enough for me to well, betray Clyde and Sergio.

I grit my teeth getting angry suddenly. He used my parents. How low could he get?

"What was that?" Rodrigo asked as I walked out of the room.

"The guy I f – the guy I heard talking about the warehouses." I replied.

"Oh." Rodrigo fell back as I kept walking and he began calling someone. I didn't care what they did to him. The only scenario where none of us got killed?

-----

I walked through the house ignoring Ben and everyone else that was around until I got to Sergio's office. Clyde said he was home, and he was busy so it would be best not to disturb him.

I shoved his office door open and he looked up.

"The closed door means I don't want to deal with you, Alexander." He gave a smile. I frowned shutting the door behind me. "Seriously. I'm working." His smile fell.

"When can leave?" I asked.

"Where are you going?" He frowned. "Ryan? No." Ryan. The guy I went out with. Sergio knew his name? Why? He has never even met him.

"No, not him. I mean go home." I said, "My tests will finish in a couple of days, I will have no way to sell anymore. You don't need me here; I don't want to be here. I think –"

"No."

"No? Why – Don't say because you decide when I leave. Why?!"

"You've answered that." He said simply.

"Stop it!" He looked up raising his brows when I shouted at him, "I need to get out of here! Your war isn't mine, I have no part in this and yet I'm the one getting threatened. My friends are and they don't even know about this shit! I didn't start any of this, why should I be a part of it?! Why are you such a fucking asshole?!"

"Alexander, get out of my office and go get some sleep." He said.

I clenched my fist walking over to him.

"If you keep me here I can – will tell them how you move. Where you are at what times and what you're up to." I said. Did I just say that to him?

"Are you threatening me?" His brows rose as he leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms.

"What do you think?" I said.

Shut up, Alexander. He probably has a gun in one of these drawers.

"I think you're on thin ice, and when it breaks your friends will be the ones that drown."

I leaned over his desk glaring into his eyes.

"If anyone I care about gets hurt I'll end you." I said lowly.

He leaned forward, his elbows on his desk, resting his chin on his fist, his eyes not moving from mine. He bit his lip making my eyes drop to them temporarily but I forced my eyes back to his. What the hell is wrong with me?!

"You are so sexy when you're threatening." He smiled.

I stared at him dumbfound. I didn't know what to say. He thought this was a joke? I shook my head turning to leave but his hand grabbed my wrist. I frowned looking down as his hand's heat ran through my skin. I had the urge to slide my hand into it but I shoved that down. Why would I want to hold his hand? And right now?

"You will not leave, but your friends are safe as long as you're part of my gang and you don't cause trouble."

"I'm not part of your gang. They better be safe." I said before I tried to pull me wrist from his hand but it tightened. I looked back at him. "What?" I hissed.

"Don't think that just because we fucked a few times you can disrespect me. And I don't care how sexy it is, don't you ever even think about threatening me again, Alexander. You won't like what comes from of it."

He let my wrist go before he grabbed his pen and got back to work. I frowned before I walked from his office.

He probably had a point about that threatening thing, I had no idea what came over me.

*****

Thank you for reading, thanks for the comments on the last chapter. Please tell me what you think of this chapter, vote and share :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 4.4K 33
Orion Manius is a 29-year-old millionaire who owns two nightclubs, and few bars in the city of angels. He's the devil in disguise. And everyone knows...
100K 5.5K 37
❝Morrison is my archenemy and he only dies with my hands wrapped around his neck...❞ Carl John Morrison has never met any man who surpasses Aiden Bla...
2.8K 80 11
Characters; Alex Love (Main Character) Dj Hills (Main Character) Jayceon "Jay" Stone (Main Character) Treyvon Knowles (Main Character) De'Ja Smalls (...
841K 35.3K 40
Nathaniel Angelev is a gritty, battle-hardened mafia prince who seemingly has it all - money, power, and devastatingly good looks - even though he's...