Love On Repeat

De afrocentric_soul

Lyric Davis, the girl that everyone admires and loves. Little did they know about her families past and drama... Mais

Prologue : Lyric
Prologue: Xavier
•1•
•2•
•3•
•4•
•5•
•6•
•7•
•8•
•9•
•10•
•11•
•12•
•13•
•14•
•15•
•16•
•17•
•18•
•19•
•20•
•22•
•23•
•24•
•25•
•26•
•27•
•28•
•29•
•30•
•Epilogue•
Love On Repeat: The Return

•21•

5.9K 210 29
De afrocentric_soul

Two Months Later~

Lyric's Point of View~

"Yes Myles, I know that you want to come to the prom, too. But you are only and just turned 16. I'm sorry, but you can't." I said talking on the phone to Myles who is demanding to go to my high school prom, which is 2 weeks away.

Nicki smiled, "He can come to the prom Lyric. He can be my escort along with Tris. Besides I wouldn't mind." I rolled my eyes, "Oh trust me I know."

While I was hearing my brother plead and causing me to lose focus on me trying to find the right dress, I gave in.

"Fine, tell Xavier that you are going and to take you with them when they get their tuxedos, okay?" After I said that, my brother was so overwhelmed with excitement. I hung up the phone and focused my attention to the rack I was at. Nicki and I are currently at the fifth mall in Los Angeles trying to find that right dress.

A lot has happened in a course of two months. My relationship with Xavier has been like a fairytale of my very own. No sign of Chris and school is coming to an end. As far as the basketball team's season, they won the championship and was able to have an interview on ESPN. For the boys, they all received a full ride to UCLA to play basketball. Nicki has gotten her acceptance letter to UCLA.

But I still haven't. And I'm starting to worry. I've been kind of down about it but I'm still not going to let that ruin my day.

"Girl you know I'm still jealous of you right?" Nicki smiled playfully bumping into me.

"And why is that?" I stated still looking through this rack.

Nicki held my hand up, "Because of this massive rock on your finger. Ly, you must got the juice in that little cat of yours!" My eyes gotten wide after she made that statement and I looked around to make sure nobody heard her.

"Girl why you so loud!?" I giggled, "It's just a promise ring."

"Promise to have that pussy surrender at all cost is more like it!" Nicki said causing us to laugh loud as hell.

"I'm gonna need you to stop. But have you found anything yet?"

Nicki shrugged, "Naw, but something is telling me that it's here. I can feel it."

As I was about to lose hope, I found the right dress. The dress was so beautiful and a two piece. "This is my dress! Something quite like I pictured it." I said holding it up. As I took it out the rack where it was hanging up, Nicki's eyes gotten big when she saw the dress underneath it. Now, it's funny because they are damn near the same color that we both wanted but it was cute.

(Lyric's on the left. Nicki's on the right)

We both tried them on and fell in love with the dresses. The clerks even gave us the shoes half price to match the dresses.

I pulled out the Visa Card Xavier's dad gave me and bought our dresses.

Once the clerks put our dresses and shoes in the totes, we left the store.

"Hmmm, I wonder what the boys are doing at this very moment?" Nicki asked.

"Playing basketball probably as usual."

*•*•*•*

Xavier's Point of View~

After getting a call from Myles stating that he can go to prom with us, me and the fellas decided to scoop him up and head to the broad walk and chill. We going to meet the girls here anyway.

"Lemme find out you trying to steal Nicki away from me, Myles." Tristan joked causing all of us to laugh.

"Besides bro, you finna see some shit at prom. Forget them little broads you got in your classes." Ronnie said. Dré agreed, "Yeah, and why you wanted to go to prom so bad again?"

Myles sighed, "Okay, so there is this girl in my class and she is going to the prom this year with her girls. We been talking and shit, but I'm trying to spit my game on her. So by me going to prom, it would so her that Ian like this lame niggas."

Everybody was stunned at this clever plan on his. I dabbed him up, "Nice plan, Brodie. What's her name?"

"Monica Patterson." He said and Dré almost coughed on his water. "Wait a minute. Big booty Monica, who is the captain on the Pom squad!?"

Myles smirked and nodded. "Damn! My nigga got taste!" Tristan said give him so dab.

"I see I gotta step my game up." Ronnie joked.

We all chilled at the bench just looking at the view. Lyric texted me saying that they just found the dresses and that was an hour ago.

Our relationship has been better than I anticipated. Lyric is basically everything that I wanted in a girl. I couldn't ask for more. That night though was very surprising.

Round after round.

I was smiling looking back at that night until I felt Dré come up behind me imitating Lyric.

"Nigga!" I moved my body to the side. Dré laughed, "X is sooooo in love y'all."

"Sprung ass!" Tristan said. I was about to come for this nigga, "Your ass can't say shit! Nicki be bossing your ass around and shit."

He shrugged, "Naw, she just love hard that's all. Speaking of girls... Who are y'all taking to the prom?" We all looked at Ronnie and Dré.

"Y'all knows we can't stay tied down to just one female like y'all niggas. We enjoying our lives." Ronnie said give Dré some dab. I just shook my head and saw Lyric and Nicki come up from a distance.

"Hey baby." I said as she came up and kissed me. I picked her ass up and spun her around knowing that she hates that shit.

"X, if you don't put my ass down!" She yelled. I put her down and she hit me softly. Tristan and Nicki were giving so much PDA. "Damn nigga breathe!" Myles said causing us to laugh.

Tristan flicked him off. "You just mad cause you ain't getting any."

"Oh just wait Tris." Myles said, "Just wait."

*•*•*•*

Unknown's Point of View~

I've been running around getting last minute things for the baby. I'm ready to meet my little man in a month or so.

At first, I thought I wasn't ready for a baby. I thought my life was absolutely over. All the negatives were weighing me down heavily, but that didn't stop me. I realized that I have to change for the better.

Noticing all the dumb shit I have done in my life and running away from my parents at an early age, I hate myself for it. Since I'm now noticing all of my flaws, I've decided to move back home in Virginia and stay with my cousin that just gotten in touch with me.

This may hurt Chris, but I know he isn't ready to be a father. He is too busy into the streets and I can't change his mind. My baby would have a better future in Virginia.

I was meeting up Chris at Five Guys since I was hungry again. I've placed my order and damn near at it all.

Still no sign of him.

I rolled my eyes and threw away my trash getting ready to leave.

"Whoa, sorry I'm late. Had a little back up with inventory." Chris said. I rolled my eyes already annoyed with his presence.

Why did I have to be pregnant by him?

"Have you ate yet?" He asked and I smacked my lips.

I just sat my ass down and waited until he placed his order. I don't know how he is going to take this news. Probably would be happy.

He sat down finally and I just went on and said it.

"I'm leaving.. Chris." He smiled, "Look, I'm sorry about the long wait but I had to handl-"

"No. To Virginia. My bags and baby's things are too. I can't stay here anymore." I just said. His whole demeanor changed.

"Why? I thought I've proved to you that I'm happy for you and about my son! I thought you said you would never go back there?" He yelled causing a scene.

"Because I just do. I'm not going to my parents, but I'm stay with my cousin's apartment. You can come and visit if you want." I yelled back. He laughed, "Come visit... Do I look like the nigga to visit his own kid! The fuck you think I am? Barney Bitch?!"

I slapped him hard as fuck and looked around at the bystanders. "The fuck y'all looking at!" Everyone scattered like flies. "Look I just don't want to put my son through that harsh environment, Chris.. You are in too deep with your job and I got want our son to be influenced." I grabbed my purse and headed to the door.

I'm leaving LA for good.

••••••••••

Comment

Vote

Follow Me..

~Brittany

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

206 2 10
Xavier Carter, a 17-year-old troubled kid. With his father who was forced out of his life and a drug-addicted mother along with his alcoholic step-fa...
593K 18.8K 55
BOOK 1 "It's not a relationship, it's a business deal." ------- Amelia Davis has one of the most vivacious personalities ever - hard-headed, sarcasti...
18.3K 852 37
"What hurts the the most, is being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away." Childhood best friends turned lovers, Amias and M...
Chicago De B🤍

Ficção Adolescente

2.8K 72 24
Amaris a Chicago native girl in a abuse relationship with her Boyfriend.. covering up everything and keeping it a secret cause of possible embarrassm...