The Lord's Favourite Dealer (...

By Shady_D

Alexander Richardson is a nineteen-year-old attorney in the making. He spent his childhood reading through hi... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Epilogue.
Ties (Jordan and Benjamin)
Sergio's POV
Please rate this book!

Chapter 20.

18.9K 829 52
By Shady_D

Chapter 20.

*****

"Is my phone here?" Sergio walked into my room.

"Which one?" I looked at him. He frowned at me and I chuckled shrugging, "I don't know, check the floor, could have slipped from your pocket."

I turned back to my work and tried to focus again while I listened to Sergio shuffle around behind me.

Weeks had passed and I honestly wasn't any closer to finding Declan than I had been when I had finished talking to Kyle that day in the library. Kyle was still lecturing; I was beginning to wonder where our actual lecturer had gone. I would get a lead on Declan, and then it would run dry or it would look too dangerous to pursue on my own right now. I had been let out of the house more often though – with the stalkers close by.

Apart from that, Sergio and I have been... busy and I was beginning to feel weird about it. Don't get me wrong, I loved what we did together but I still wasn't used to the casual sex thing, add seeing him all the time like we were together but still trying to get with other guys (because Clair and blind dates), the entire situation was just getting weird. I mean going on a date with someone and then coming back here and having sex with someone else was making me feel like a complete asshole. Besides, I wanted to see the guy I went out with last night again sometime, but his body looked nothing like Sergio's. Why did that even matter? Ryan was pretty cool. He was smart, funny, handsome and nice. That should be enough... Though, his laugh just annoyed me, unlike Sergio's.

Geez, I had better things to focus on than that anyway. I was just going on random dates to get my friends off my back about my lack of game. Yes, they were probably right about it lacking but there was no way in hell I would actually admit that to anyone, let alone my friends. Shiloh would never let it go.

"There's nothing here –" he was cut off by his phone ringing. I looked up and lifted it from under one of my books. How did it even end up there?

I glanced at the name before I handed it to him. He grinned widely at the screen and I automatically frowned before I froze.

No, Alexander.

"Hey, Dave. How's school?" Sergio walked out of my room sounding different. I hadn't heard him sound that friendly unless he was messing with Clyde while we were driving somewhere or when he alone was with me. I also hadn't heard anyone say the name David around here before either. School?

I shook my head deciding to get back to my work.

I was studying for an exam I had on Monday, it was Saturday. I think Ben picked up on what we were doing and it definitely made him dislike me more – if that was even possible at this point. He would openly shove me randomly and I couldn't do anything about it because he was never alone.

"Alright, so – what's that?"

I looked at the makeup bag on my bed.

"It's Claire's." I said.

"Sure it is." I rolled my eyes as Sergio smirked. "I'm heading somewhere right now and Clyde's joining me. We'll be gone the entire weekend so I would suggest you keep your mouth shut until Monday." He said, "Though, I know that's impossible for you so you'll just have to have Kiera on speed dial, here's her number." I frowned at him. Was he serious?

"You know, there's no point in keeping me here anymore." I frowned before I stopped. Wait. If Clyde was gone, I could ask anyone about Declan because he wouldn't be around me whining about how dangerous it was... "On second thought, I think I'll take that." I took the piece of paper from his hand and he narrowed his eyes at me. "Oh yeah, I wanted to talk about our... arrangement. I... don't think I want to do it anymore." I said studying his shoes before realising I was subconsciously avoiding his eyes. I frowned wondering why.

"What?" He sounded surprised.

I shrugged as I got up and looked at him. "It's just that I... want something more and I can't have that and be doing this with you because I would feel like shit." Or more than I already do since I was being a jerk to the guys I was out with and also that thought in the back of my mind that I could be responsible for someone's overdose. More death on my hands. I shook my head to clear the thought as my chest tightened at it. "I mean, this is... it's great but –"

His laughing cut me off. "It's cool, you don't need to explain." He said. "It was fun, but I can find another fuck buddy."Of course he could.

"Really?" I gave him a flat glare.

He chuckled. "No, I didn't mean it like that. You were great – are great." He bit his lip as his eyes trailed from my face and I felt my face heat.

I wasn't ashamed and wasn't shy, I guess I was flattered. He walked into a room and women and men would openly swoon and stare at him like he was staring at me now. His stare was giving my ego a massive boost until he looked across the room and chuckled.

"So, yeah. Don't get killed." He said.

"Don't?" I raised my brows.

"Yeah, I mean who else will I shack up with when he gets tired of his boyfriend?"

"What?" I laughed.

"Exactly." He said with a smile before he nodded, his face suddenly straight, "But seriously, don't start fights."

"Pfft. I don't start fights." I waved him off. He frowned at me before he shook his head and turned to walk out but I spoke, "When are you leaving?"

"About an hour from now." He glanced at his watch before turned to leave. I bit my lip wondering if ending the arrangement was wrong as I watched his ass while he walked out. No. Shiloh was right; this was a bad idea from the beginning.

I took in a breath getting excited suddenly. Finally no Clyde. I'm free for the next two days, because those two guards couldn't keep track of me like he did. I had no idea how he always knew where I was even without the laptop, but whenever I tried to lose them while I was out with someone, I ran into him.

I glanced at my phone. They would be leaving at one in the afternoon, I guess I had a couple of hours to find any escape route in the house that I could use if I got into a fight with Ben or anyone else since the only reason no one had killed me yet was because Sergio always stopped the fight.

-----

I walked into the kitchen at dinner and frowned. For some reason the house felt awfully empty to me without Clyde around, probably because aside from Kent, he was the person I spoke to most. And then there was Sergio, but we didn't do much talking. I noticed Ben and a guy who I know as Macen eating along with Kent. We were the only people in the house as far as I knew.

I opened my mouth to tell Kent it was alright and that I could serve myself but he was on his feet before a sound could leave my throat so I just sat down as far as I could from the two men that practically radiated hate for me.

Kent laid a plate of food and a glass of water in front of me and I thanked him before he sat down where he had been seated.

I ate silently as Ben and Macen talked amongst themselves occasionally exchanging words with Kent. Honestly, not even dinner at one of my ex boyfriend's house after he had a shouting fight with his father in their backyard had been this awkward for me.

"Alexander." I looked up to see Macen and Ben staring at me.

"Yes?" I replied simply.

"Why so quiet?" Ben smirked as he stared at me. "Scared Clyde's not here to protect you?" Instead of replying I tilted my head at the pair of men way across me.

"I'm just curious... Don't you guys have houses? Or do you seriously live here? I mean, it's a nice house but don't women find it weird that thirty or forty-something year old men live with their friends?" I asked, "Or do you only get prostitutes, so that doesn't matter? It must be really hard to get women without a real job. Must be very emasculating explaining that you're jobless and live like a first-year college student while a twenty-something year old bosses you around –"

"Ben, how about a beer?" Kent shot me a look that told me to shut up and I gave him a smile but nodded knowing that that was probably best seeing as how the fork and knife in Ben's hands were bent now while Macen snickered at me.

Ben's phone went off and he reluctantly answered it while keeping his eyes on me.

"What is it?" He spoke venomously.

Perhaps I should take my leave while he's distracted? Wow, when did I become a coward...?

It's not cowardice; it's using your head... for once...

I frowned to myself.

"Where were you...?" Ben hissed, "That makes no sense. I'm on my way." He hung up before his glare returned to me. "Macen, we have to go."

Macen got up and left quickly, Ben's glare stuck on me until he smirked.

"See you later." The way he said that sent a shiver down my spine as I watched him walk out.

I heard the front door shut before a car drove off.

"Damn it, Alex." Kent shook his head at me before he sighed, "Want me to sleep here tonight?"

I shrugged acting like I wasn't shaken.

Congratulations, Alexander. You did it again. You and that amazing mouth of yours. Now all you need to do is find a hiding place to use until Monday.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 9 8
Antonio's life couldn't get any worse with his abusive home breaking apart and him having to move across the country. And then he crosses paths with...
1.1M 33.8K 53
When good meets really, really, really bad. ****** Daniel Harper is down on his luck as he struggles to pay for his sophomore year at NYU. Desperate...
245K 3.9K 33
one girl taken one girl left one was loved one was hated Hailey de Luca taken trained to be a deadly assassin tournamented with the fact that her fa...
231K 9.2K 30
Growing up, Julian Rivera always knew he was different. Instead of wanting toy cars, he wanted Barbie dolls. Instead of liking girls, he liked boys...