Tortured Love (One direction...

By one_direction1908

Charlotte, along side One Direction, is kidnapped. Abused by their kidnappers, the group needs to link togeth... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Authors note
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Authors Note (please read!!)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
New Story!
Update

Chapter 20

1.2K 27 1
By one_direction1908

Charlotte's POV

"You're the reason Niall's dead!"

I heard glass shatter but I didn't know what it was. I looked down to see that I had dropped my glass of water and it had broken all over my foot and floor.

Shock set in and I wasn't able to find my voice. I blinked hard, trying to process what Harry just said. He hated me and blamed me for Niall's death.

My throat felt dry and weird. I tried to catch my breath but it hitched.

"Excuse me" somehow slipped out of my mouth and I ran to my room. My motions were robotic and stiff. I closed the door softy behind me and threw myself into a heap on my bed. I curled up, hugging my knees to my chest. It felt like the last five minutes hadn't happened. Like me and Harry were still together and I was still whole.

But I was broken.

He just...snapped. He confirmed my fears even though he assured me everything was fine. I was so confused, overwhelmed, and hurt. I just sobbed and tried not to think about what would happen but failed miserably as usual.

**

I heard the door open and I jumped, hoping it wasn't Harry. I wasn't ready to see him yet. Just leaving my room would be a step.

"Charlie?" McKenna asked softly. I took a calming breath but the knots in my stomach didn't let up.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"Yeah" I moved over so she could sit on the bed beside me. I felt the springs squeak with the new weight.

"Is it stupid to ask if you're okay?" She murmured.

"I'm just...numb at the moment" I answered truthfully.

"I know the feeling"

"I'm sorry. Are you any better?" I asked.

"I'm dealing but it's difficult. I just miss him so much" she sobbed. I got up and put my arms around her.

"It's not your fault though. Harry had no right to say what he did" she pulled back and whipped her damp face.

"I don't get what I did wrong. Everything was fine..." I trailed off, lost in thought.

"Well dinner is ready. Want to come out and eat with us?" McKenna offered.

I shook my head "I can't even look at him"

She nodded and got up "I'll come check on you later, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks" I laid back down and hugged my pillow to my chest. I took another deep breath and realized the pillow still smelled like Harry. I threw it against the door and turned away.

My heart ached and I had no more tears to cry. I just laid there, drifting.

**

Harry's POV

"She said she isn't hungry" McKenna announced as she came back into the kitchen.

"Why'd you do that, mate? That isn't you?" Zayn asked me.

I formed my response, hoping they would catch on. But it was a long shot.

"It needed to be done"

"No. It didn't" Liam said.

"I don't have to explain myself to you!" I yelled. There were too many questions I couldn't answer and I couldn't risk it. If pushing my friends away meant saving Niall's life, then I would do it.

I got up an stormed out of the kitchen and escaped to the basement. I sat down on the cott and put my face in my hands and let the tears flow. I wanted to hear Charlie's voice; even that would bring me a little comfort.

I felt hands on my shoulders and I froze.

"Well done" Lucy murmured in my ear.

"I did what you said now where's Niall?" I demanded through gritted teeth.

"Do one more thing for me and I'll bring him right now" Lucy's breath was hot against my neck.

"I've already broken up with Charlie! What more do you want?!" I exclaimed, my anger rising.

"I want you to kiss me" she declared. I stiffened and shuttered. I turned around and met her piercing blue eyes.

"No" I wanted to gag.

"Fine" she shrugged "just know that his blood will be on your hands"

"No!" I shouted "I'll do what you want just leave Niall alone"

Her lips curled into a satisfied grin as I leaned into to kiss her. Niall's face staying in my mind as I pressed my lips to hers.

Bile rose in my throat. This wasn't like kissing Charlie. Kissing her felt good but this felt wrong. It was like kissing a cold, hard statue. Lucy put her arms around me but I kept mine in my lap. I kept my eyes open and staring at the corner of the room.

I wanted this kiss as less intimate as it could possibly be. I could give Charlie that at the very least even though it wasn't much.

Lucy pulled away and pursed her lips "not the best I've had but I guess it will have to do. For now" I didn't want to be in the same room with her let alone kiss her again.

"Bring Niall" I demanded. This wouldn't all be for nothing. She raised her eyebrows, looking a little irritated.

"Please bring him" I rephrased in a sweeter tone.

"Fine" she sighed "go back upstairs" I got up and did what she said. I ended up in the kitchen again with a glass of water in my hand. I sipped it nervously, glancing between the door and table trying not to be obvious.

"Harry, what's up? You're acting very strange" Louis asked me.

"Nothing" I said shortly. Louis frowned but didn't press the matter further.

I took a few deep breaths. I would see Niall in a few seconds. Alive.

As predicted, I heard the door giggling and it opened, revealing Billy holding a limp Niall with Lucy at his side.

Everyone just froze with their mouths gaping open. McKenna dropped her fork and a loud clanging echoed through the room. I could see Niall's short, laboured breaths.

"I don't know how but he held on. He's your problem now" Lucy nodded and Billy dumped Niall on the floor. Niall groaned on impact but kept his eyes closed.

"Niall?" McKenna whispered, her voice sounding strangled. Lucy closed and locked the door behind them, leaving us alone.

McKenna shot up and scrambled over to his side, taking his hand "Niall! You're here. You're alive"

"I had a good reason to come back" he finally opened his eyes and put a hand on her cheek. The other lads got up and surrounded him.

"Mate, we thought we'd lost you. Things just haven't been the same without you Nialler" Zayn said.

"We missed you so much! Things have been so quiet and boring around here!" Liam told him.

"We true singing together but without you, it sounded wrong. We need you" Louis cried.

"The group is complete again" I said and came over between Zayn and Louis.

Niall smiled, something I thought I'd never see again.

"I missed my lads" he then looked to McKenna "and my girl"

I knew the feeling.

"Speaking of which, where is Charlie?

"I'll go get her" I offered and went to get up when Louis stopped me.

"Maybe I should go get her?" Louis suggested and went into our room. Whoops; I mean her room.

I heard him tell Charlie "I can't even explain it. Just come and see for yourself"

A pause then "trust me. You really need I see this"

"What's going on?" Niall asked, directing the question at me.

"Don't worry about it. I'll tell you later" I mumbled, not knowing what I would say.

I heard Charlie shuffle in and I looked up. Her eyes, nose, and cheeks were red and dried tears covered her face. Charlotte's face went from broken and hurt to shocked and confused.

She rubbed we puffy eyes "Niall? Is that you?!"

He chuckled "You're not dreaming, love"

Without thinking, she moved in for a closer look and crouched down beside me.

"I can't believe this! I...thought you were dead? I saw you die!" She said in disbelief.

"I couldn't leave you guys! What would you do without me?" He joked.

"It would be a disaster" Zayn agreed while smiling.

Niall groaned uncomfortably "Oh! Sorry Niall! Why don't we get him to the basement, guys?" Charlie ordered.

"Your hungry, Niall?" McKenna asked.

"Yeah" he grinned. Niall, our bottomless pit.

"I'll make something. I'm sure McKenna wants to stay with you" I offered.

"Make sure there is water" Charlotte mumbled to me without even looking at me. A stab of guilt and pain entered my stomach.

Louis and Zayn carried Niall to the basement and everyone but me followed.

I made Niall a simple grilled cheese. I put it on the tray with the water Charlie had asked for. I brought the tray down and saw everyone surrounding him.

Charlie walked over and snatched the water from me without a word or a glance. Did she hate me? Probably.

"Swallow these" Charlie murmured as she gave Niall some pills and the water.

"Could I...look? Maybe there is something I can do?" Charlie asked timidly.

"Why Charlotte! Are you asking me to take my trousers off?" Niall teased, acting shocked.

She blushed a deep red. I remember when I could make her do that.

"Yeah I guess I am" she sounded very embarrassed.

Niall slipped out of his trousers, exposing his grey, Calvin Klein boxers. There was a large, blood soaked bandage on his thigh. She peeled it back tenderly and winced at the sight of the wound.

She looked and poked around with her feather light touch before announcing "they took the bullet out and stitches him up. The most I can do is change the bandage and ice it"

"I'll get some ice" Zayn said and went upstairs. Charlie got a fresh bandage and plastered it on. She looked at me, suddenly, and held my gaze for a second. I could see the hurt plain on her face but there was something else.

Longing.

She walked over to me and I thought, or hoped, she was going to hug me but instead, took the tray and dropped her eyes.

She set it on his lap "okay, you nee to eat this and rest. You lost a lot of blood and it will take a while to heal. Sorry everyone but we need to let Niall sleep"

Everyone took their turns saying goodnight to Niall. I noticed that McKenna looked more alive than she had in days. She tenderly pressed her lisp to his and it was like a flower blooming I front of me; delicate, fragile, but beautiful.

They pulled away and she followed everyone upstairs. Charlie took the ice from Zayn and put it on Niall. Then she looked at me questioningly.

"Can I stay back until he is done eating? I'll bring the tray up" I pleaded and she nodded.

"It's good to have you back Niall" she said warmly.

"Thank you Charlotte" he replied. She nodded and went back upstairs.

He turned to me "what's up, mate?"

"You up to talking?" I checked, not wanting to cause him pain.

"Anything for you Harry" he smiled. I sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"So what's up with you and Charlie?" So he had noticed.

"I did something" I admitted "and I don't know if she can forgive me. I think I've lost her Niall"

__________________________________________________________________________

Hey, I stayed up extra late to write this chapter so I hope you enjoyed it! I just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you a million times over to anyone who had voted for, commented on, or read my story. I've never done this before and I didn't know what to expect (certainly not the amazing support I've received) so thank you for giving me all the reads, votes, and support. I love you all! Thanks for reading and don't forget to fan, vote, and comment! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.3K 1.9K 22
Something happened. It was so wrong but felt so right. I must be insane. *** au // short story this is my first story on Wattpad and any feedback is...
574 21 1
"'Dammit Harry!' Niall slams his fist against the wall, so suddenly it causes Harry to jump. He watches as Niall shakes his head, seeming to try and...
10.8K 445 27
Harry is now out of prison currently living with Melina. As Harry and Melina become closer and the longer he stays with her, the further they fall fo...
11.9K 214 16
Kat and Kaylee were just minding there own business taking a walk, When they spot one direction and get chased down a hill and kidnapped follow them...