Dragons of the Elements: Asce...

Bởi kyle12494

Donovan, simple woodsman, lives in the shadow of his grandmother's sister's achievements, her being the Rider... Xem Thêm

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Two

1.2K 14 6
Bởi kyle12494

Chapter 22: The Fun Starts Here

Donovan slid at zombie like speed down the hallway to his room. He couldn't believe what had just happened. All he could think of was her soft lips forming that cute smile that he adored. The good feeling was short-lived, for Vitality pestered him constantly about it: "Donny and Ka-At sitting in a tree..." he began before Donovan shut him out.

"Vitality, you done yet?" asked Donovan, irritated.

"For now," the Dragon replied.

"I need advice," Donny thought, knowing that whether Vitality liked t or not, he was going to have to listen and help.

"Too bad," the Dragon thought back.

"What do I do? This feels so strange. I really like her, but... I'm a legend. It's like being a master warrior; they can't get close to people or bad things can happen," Donovan said, hoping to ease his mind.

"If you really care, you'll figure something out," Vitality said. "Plus she's a master swordsman, she can handle herself."

"I guess you're right, Vit." said Donovan as he stripped off his battle gear and put on comfortable cloths to sleep in.

Donovan crept into his bed, and quickly drifted off to sleep.

+++++++

(Kat's point of view)

"What do I do, Mak?" she asked her dragon. Mak was her nickname for Resolution.

"Do you really like this boy, Kitten?" came the quick reply.

"Yes. I really do. But I'm his trainer, this isn't supposed to happen. I'm a master warrior, I shouldn't feel this way about people, it can cause bad things to happen to him," Kat replied.

Resolution never got a chance to reply, as someone pounding on Kat's door stole her attention away.

"Enter," she said officially.

A teenage boy strode in, small for his age, but well built. "Madame, our scouts have spotted a group of unidentified warriors flying towards our academy. Brandi has ordered everyone to prepare for battle."

With a smile on her face, Kat put on the pieces of her gear she had taken off, as well as put on the rest of it, including her helmet, and grabbed her sword. She strapped it to her side, and began to exit the room. As she passed the boy, she stopped and said, without moving, "Ever call me Madame or anything of the sort again and you'll regret it. My name is Sam, use it."

"But, I thought you were called Kat?" the boy said confused.

Still not moving, Kat said "Only the privileged can call me that. Others call me by Sam, my initials."

"Yes ma'am! I mean Sam!" said the boy as Kat sauntered out of the room, her attention already diverted to waking her handsome Donovan.

+++++++

(Donovan's POV)

In his dreams, all Donovan could see was her beautiful face. Their kiss repeated itself over and over, endlessly. Donovan wished it would never end, but unfortunately for him, there was a heavy pounding on his door.

"Donny, wake up!" a female voice sang out. "We have a real fight on our hands!"

Donovan knew that voice anywhere; he leapt out if bed and opened the door to see Kat in full rider's gear, everything but the helmet, which was being held in her left hand.

"I'll be ready soon, meet me by our dragon's stables?" he asked.

"It's a date," she said with a wink before she ran off.

Donovan quickly put on his gear, and strapped Singe to his side.

"Ooooh a date!" said Vitality in his mind. "Don't let 'er down on your first date, Donny. Maybe the second, but not the first."

Blushing, Donovan mumbled "Shutup, Vit." It took him a few minutes, but he finished putting on his gear, a one-piece rider's outfit colored to match his dragon. The outfit was made of some really tough material, as far as Donovan knew, since it had to protect him against swords and other sharp things.

Donovan looked around, checking to see if he forgot anything.

"The rider's gloves. They'll help you hold onto your swords when we're flying," Vit reminded him.

"Right," he said back as he slipped on the gloves made of the same material as his gear. "And I got my helmet, too."

"Then hop out your window, I'll catch you," said Vit. "Trust me."

Donovan looked outside his window; from so high up it looked like a deadly fall. He felt woozy just from thinking of leaping from this height.

"Trust me," he heard in his head. "It's faster than stairs, anyhow. And you're needed, now. Plus, your girlfriend is next to me, on her dragon. She got me ready since you took too long. I told you not to skip out on the first date. Geez do you ever listen to me?"

"She isn't my girlfriend!" Donovan yelled in his head to Vit as he leapt from the window. "Yet," he thought to himself.

"I heard that," Vitality said, swooping in under him to catch him.

"Sure you can handle the fight, Vit?" Donovan asked.

"I can... The question is, can you, with the pressure of being watched by her?" said Vit as he motioned to Kat, riding next to them on a dark blue male dragon with a grey underbelly. It had a long scar along his left side, even but jagged, as if made with Infernus, although Donovan knew he would never do that to a friendly dragon.

"Don't forget your training, Donny," Kat yelled to him, but all Donovan could hear was the whoosh of wind past his rider's helmet.

The two riders flew into the group of riders circling the academy, and watched the unidentified enemies fly swiftly to where they shall meet their demise, or so the riders of the fourth academy hoped.

"There are at least a hundred of them, you sure we can do this with only seventy or so riders at the academy who are able to fight?" Donovan said to Vitality.

"We have you, and we have Kat. You two alone could take on these weaklings," he said back.

A foul odor began to fill the air; it smelled of death. Some riders of the fourth academy fell, unconscious, from their dragons, and Donovan only hoped their dragons caught them in time.

"How bought now, when there's only like sixty of us?" Donovan said again, worried. He saw his sister's dragon among the crowd that were impatiently awaiting the battle, as well as Marty riding along a sleek, yellow dragon with a look of pure content on his face. Donovan saw Marty's lips form the words "Zip, be patient," before Vitality spoke to him.

"My first statement still stands. We won't lose, not now," Vit said, although less convincingly.

Brandi rode by Donovan on a large, dark-orange female dragon. She spoke in a loud, commanding tone, unusual for the quirky Brandi who loved to play jokes. "Follow Burst and I into battle, we at the fourth academy won't stand for stupid attacks by an unknown enemy!"

"I guess she gets serious when it's battle time," Donovan thought.

"Or she's still pissed you gave her a free haircut," Vitality thought back, as he fell into a V formation, to the left of Brandi. Kat fell in line a little further back, and Donovan noticed his sister and Marty with a small group, about fifteen to twenty, that was staying back at the walls of the academy, in case some enemies broke through.

Donovan rode for nearly a minute when the stench of death became unbearable. He flipped down his visor hoping to drown out the smell, and luckily it worked. Unfortunately, not every student had their helmets.

Half of the battle force fell from their dragons before the real battle even started. Brandi, Kat, and Donovan were among the twenty or so who were left riding.

"Still sure, Vit?" Donovan questioned.

"No, but what choice do we have now but to fight?" he said back, uneasily.

"Well... Here goes nothing!" Donovan thought as the first enemy came upon him.

<.< A/N Sorry I've been ghost, fans, but I'm lazy and have been up most nights playing Devil May Cry or watching tv or movies. Here is where the real fun begins, where the plot thickens and the preset pieces fall into play. Enjoy and remember to Vote and Comment! >.>

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

132K 3K 56
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
88.3K 1.2K 47
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
300K 18.2K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong