Summers End

De MissDicey

Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple... Mais

Chapter 1 - Summers End
Chapter 2 - Summers End
Chapter 3 - Summers End
Chapter 4 - Summers End
Chapter 5 - Summers End
Chapter 6 - Summers End
Chapter 7 - Summers End
Chapter 9 - Summers End
Chapter 10 - Summers End
Chapter 11 - Summers End
Chapter 12 - Summers End
Chapter 13 - Summers End
Chapter 14 - Summers End
Chapter 15 - Summers End
Chapter 16 - Summers End
Chapter 17 - Summers End
Chapter 18 - Summers End
Chapter 19 - Summers End
Chapter 20 - Summers End
Chapter 21 - Summers End
Chapter 22 - Summers End
Chapter 23 - Summers End
Chapter 24 - Summers End
Chapter 25 - Summers End
Chapter 26 - Summers End
Chapter 27 - Summers End
Chapter 28 - Summers End
Chapter 29 - Summers End
Chapter 30 - Summers End
Chapter 31 - Summers End
Chapter 32 - Summers End

Chapter 8 - Summers End

11.5K 142 5
De MissDicey

Heres Chapter 8.

Yay!! I uploaded with in a week.

I've already started on the next Chatper and should be up in the next week or two.

I know I've probaly said this in every chapter but if you have the time please check out 'Those Crayons'  so check it out on MissRadMad's profile whom I'm dedicating this chapter too for all her help editing this book and being a great friend.

I have a youtube link to the side: A Thousand Miles I fell like its suits more to the end of the chapter.

And you know what to do...

Enjoy!

Chapter 8

The bright sun is shining through the dark blue sky, the sea is rolling in and there is a slight breeze rustling my hair making me shiver.

I feel arms around me and lean into them sighing in pleasure, we were laying on a patch of grass overlooking the sea.

He pulls me into his arms and whispers ‘I Love You’ into my ear, placing a kiss on my cheek in the process.

I love you.

I love you?

*

I jerk awake my hair tumbling in every direction, covering my face.

 Just a dream he’s not IN love with ME…

Is he?

I move the hair out of my face and look down to notice Matt, who is sound asleep.

I look straight ahead to reveal the great ocean; I looked around to see we were in the same spot as last night.

“Oh shit!” I exclaimed

“Hmm huh what?” Matt stuttered waking a little.

“We stayed out ALL night,” I told him standing up getting some hair out of my face.

“What!?!” Matt questioned sitting up looking around.

“We stayed out ALL night,” I repeated freaking out. “My dad is going to KILL me,” I spoke to myself. “I’m dead.”

“No you’re not dead; I won’t let you die without me.” Matt reassured me standing up wrapping his arms around my waist.

“You only met my dad for like 2 minutes and he made you seem so irresponsible I can only imagine what he is going to do when he finds out I stayed out all night… with YOU,” I exclaim getting out of his grasp.

“Hey I’m not that bad,” he says acting hurt.

“No I know you’re not bad… but my dad he will. I cannot go the rest of the summer not seeing you,” I said freaking out.

“Well if this is the last day I’m probably going to see you how about we go out for breakfast it’s only 7 I doubt he’ll be up this early,” Matt suggested.

“I guess he shouldn’t be up for at least another hour,” I say shrugging my shoulders and physically calming down at his touch.

Oh what the hell I’m already dead. He already hates Matt. I mean what else can he do?

“Okay I know this real cute café right on the water,” Matt says excitedly grabbing my hand and pulling us up and into a stand still position.

We walked back down the hill to the street and into a little café on the corner of the road about a street away from the water’s edge.

It was really cute; it differently had the beach theme going through with the slightly weathered blue wood palings with sea creatures and pictures hanging up on the walls.

We took a seat outside on some wooden chairs.

This has to be the first café I’ve seen open this early.

“This is so cute,” I told him as young lady came our way.

“Hello welcome to Endless Summer may I take your order,” a short blonde with really tanned skin welcomed us.

“Hi Rosie! Um, I’ll have a bacon and egg burger with the works with an orange juice and Bell will have,” he trailed off looking at me.

“Oh right, um I’ll have eggs benedict with an orange juice as well please,” I told Rosie.

“Okay I’ll be right out with your drinks,” she said grabbing our menus returning back into the café.

“Okay so do you know everyone that lives here?” I questioned him.

“Yeah you get to know a lot of people when you live in a small town like mine,” he told me.

“Doesn’t it get like too small sometimes,” I asked.

“Well there are times when I could just go to a big city and live there but then I think all the people that live in the big cities would kill to live where I do I mean it’s paradise,” Matt tells me looking out at the ocean waves crashing against the shore and I could agree with him more I would kill to live here.

“So what do you want to be?” Matt asked.

“What do you mean,” I questioned.

“After school what do you want to do as a job,” he wondered.

“Oh well I really want to be a photographer. But my dad has other ideas,” I told him rolling my eyes at the memory of when I told dad for the first time what I wanted to be.

“What do you mean ‘your dad has other ideas,’” he wondered.

“Well he wants me to go to med school to be a doctor… he did the same with my brother,” I said.

“Well why doesn’t he want you to be a photographer,” he asked.

“You should ask him that,” I replied.

“Here are your drinks and your food will be out shortly,” Rosie says breaking us out of our conversation and putting down the drinks before going back inside.

“If you could pick anything in the world to have what would it be,” I questioned.

“Another summer with you,” he replies looking at me with his ‘loved up’ face as Madi calls it, his words make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and a big smile spreads across my face.

“Here’s your food,” Rosie says placing down our plates “is there anything else you would like,” she questions, bored.

“No, thank you,” we both say in unison.

She then heads back inside.

I cut into the benedict and the yolk oozes out, perfect. I bite into it and it tastes better than we get at home; with the rich leg ham, nicely toasted muffin and the egg all cooked to perfection.

Matt tucks in to his bacon and egg burger also.

Breakfast went on with random chatter.

After we paid for the cheque we started back towards the little cabin my family and I were staying in hand in hand walking along the beach.

“You know what,” I say aloud.

“No, what,” Matt wonders

“This has been the best summer of my life… and it’s not even over yet,” I say with a smile leaning against him resting my head on his shoulder as we walked.

“This has been the best summer of my life as well,” he replies kissing me on the cheek.

*

“We can’t go through the door,” I say.  We sat behind a tree about 5 metres from the house.

“Well go through the window,” Matt said looking at the house then back to me.

“Are you serious,” I questioned.

“Yeah I mean I’ve done it heaps of times mum and dad still don’t know that I sneak out with the guys,” he said.

“Well it would be better than getting caught,” I said.

“There we go; now come on,” Matt grabbed my hand and we ran towards the house keeping low and out of view.

We were now just below my window, leaning against the house.

“Okay I’ll boost you up,”

“How,” I wondered.

“You really don’t do this much do you,” he questions

“Well no,” I replied.

“Step on my hand then I’ll boost you up,” he replies getting up and slightly bending his legs, his cupped hands extended towards me.

I hesitantly place my foot in his hands one by one then place my hands on my window sill.

“Okay ready,” he whispers

“Ready,” I whisper back.

“Okay 3, 2,”

“Wait, wait, wait,” I mumble in a rush interrupting him.

“What?” he questioned.

“I had a really nice time and I ah                time, “I tell him in a jumble.

“I had a nice time too. You looked beautiful. See you,” he replied.

“Bye,” I said placing a little peck on the top of his head then putting my hands back on the sill.

“3, 2,” he started again.

“Wait, wait, wait,” I said again.

“What is it this time,” he questioned.

“Close your eyes, when you throw me up,” I told him.

“Okay will do,” he replied with his goofy smile.

I once again put my hands on the sill ready to push up.

“3, 2, 1,”

I then found myself being tossed in the room head first.

I let out a scream while I was flying through the air.

Bang! It hurt like hell when I hit the floor.

“You alright,” Matt whispered through the wall.

“Yeah see you soon,” I replied lying on the floor hoping nobody had heard it.

“Ok see you,” he whispered.

I slowly moved myself to my knees and taking in my surroundings. To my right was the bedside table if we were over a few cm I could have a big gash in my head.

I got up and headed straight for then ensuite then shower as always was lovely, I then went back into my room and changed into a blue and white jumpsuit.

“Mum, dad,” I called as I walked out of my room with a towel on my head to try and dry my hair quicker.

I walked out into the lounge room to see the worst sight.

Matt sitting on the lounge up straight like he was in deep trouble; and dad standing in front of him with his arms folded across his chest.

‘OH SH*T!’ was all that I could think.

“Hello Isabell would care to take a seat,” dad ‘suggested’ in a stern voice.

I did what he said and went to sit next to Matt.

“Nice hair-do,” Matt muttered underneath his breath.

I elbowed him in the side playfully while saying, “Please don’t do anything stupid.”

“Now who wants to tell me where my daughter was last night,” dad questioned eyeing both of us.

“Umm, well it’s really a funny story,” I started.

Dad just looked at me blankly.

“And well we went to look at some fireworks and we ahh fell asleep,” I continued.

Even though I knew he wouldn’t believe it… it was the truth.

“Okay now tell me what you really did,” he questioned.

Told you…

“But dad that IS what happened,” I told him.

“He is no good for you Isabell. He isn’t responsible, he is a mindless hillbilly,” dad spat arching up.

“Hey still here,” Matt cuts in waving his hand once in the air; trying to lighten the conversation I guess.

“Dad how do you know what is good for me! We haven’t had a proper conversation since I was 14! How do you know who or what’s good for me? Have you ever spoken to Matt?” I screamed at him.

“That’s not the point!” he yelled stepping in, “god you’re so stupid,” he muttered the last part.

“I’ve had enough! I’m never good enough! My friends are never good enough! Matt will never be good enough for you! I’m done!” I yell my tears overflowing.

I turn on my heels and run out the back door onto the beach and away from him, my ‘father’.

“Bell!” I heard Matt yell after me but I just kept running down the beach the sand in between my toes.

I finally collapsed on the beach not too far from home… not like dad would care enough to come after me.

I sat in the sand whipping away stray tears looking out at the great blue sea.

I don’t know how long I was sitting there but soon enough someone came and sat next to me.

“You okay,” they whispered wrapping their arms around my body holding my hand, it was Matt.

“Sorry you had to see that,” I say resting my head on his shoulder.

“It’s fine,” he replies.

“Do you think I’m stupid? Why did you come after me?” I question him.

“Bell you are the most beautiful, smartest person I have ever met. I’d walk a thousand miles for you,” he said.

“You really think so,” I ask looking up at him through my lashes.

“I know so,” he plants a peck on my nose.

“I never want you to leave,” I told him.

“As long as you want me… I’ll be here,”

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

4.6K 272 37
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
43.1K 480 31
Jamie Miller is an average trouble maker at school, a liar, and she's the kind of girl that gets the guys but she don't want them. Not snobby, just h...
1.8M 42K 38
'Fact: British guys are not cute. Never have been; never will be!' Meet Nora. During the day, she's a crazed, Irish student trying to survive the in...
1.7K 52 15
What would you do when you wake up on your birthday to find your parents gone? Midnight didn't know how to react. Men came for her and she listened t...