The Hunter McCall

By multi_fandom2015

Note: A word of warning-- this is one of my first stories (2015, wow!) so there are a lot of mistakes and bad... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1: What's Wrong With Scott?
Chapter 2: Werewolf?
Chapter 3: Hunting
Chapter 4: Bowling
Chapter 5: The Mountain Lion
Chapter 6: The Alpha
Chapter 7: Torture
Chapter 8: The Winter Formal
Chapter 9: Adam and Gerard
Chapter 10: The Nightmares
Chapter 11: Building The Pack
Chapter 12: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 13: The Kanima
Chapter 14: Lydia's Birthday Party
Chapter 15: Hostage Situation and the Police Station
Chapter 16: The Death of the Kanima
Chapter 17: The Poker Game
Chapter 18: My Idiot Father
Chapter 19: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 20: Facing The Devil
Chapter 21: The Animals
Chapter 23: Out Of Control Werewolves
Chapter 24: My New Interest
Chapter 25: The Next Sacrifice
Chapter 26: The Hospital
Chapter 27: The End Of The Darach
Chapter 28: The Reveal
Chapter 29: Dealing with Everyone
Chapter 30: Explanation of the Past
AUTHOR'S NOTE: PLEASE READ!!!
Chapter 31: The Death Omen
Chapter 32: Lucifer and the Pit
Chapter 33: The Aftermath
Chapter 34: Saving Malia
Chapter 35: William Barrow
A/N: Her Secret [Scott McCall]
Chapter 36: The Blacklight Party
Chapter 37: What's Up With Stiles?
Chapter 38: Sleepwalking to Sickness
Chapter 39: Stiles or Nogitsune?
Chapter 40: Eichen House
Chapter 41: Following the Clues
Chapter 42: Fighting Insane Werewolves
Chapter 43: Goodbye Friend
Chapter 44: Silver is the Key
Chapter 45: The Deal
Chapter 46: Faking Death
Chapter 47: Crowley's Jail of Creatures
Chapter 48: Reunion
Chapter 49: The Final Showdown
Epilogue

Chapter 22: New Information

3.5K 105 4
By multi_fandom2015

"The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?" Coach Finstock asks as he slams his textbook down. Both me and Scott raise our hands. "Yes, boy McCall, you can go to the bathroom."

"No, Coach, I know the answer." Scott says.

Coach starts to laugh as I say, "No, he's completely serious. He's been studying all summer."

"Yeah. It's risk and reward." Scott says. 

"Wow! Who are you and what did you do with McCall? Don't answer that, I like you better." Coach says, coming towards Scott. I snicker and Scott looks like a proud puppy. "Does anyone have a quarter?"

I dig into my purse for a quarter but Stiles beats me to it. As he brings his hand up, another thing falls out of his pocket: an XXL condom. "Stilinski, I think you dropped this. And congratulations." Coach says, giving the condom back. I look at Stiles with a proud face and I see that Scott is looking at him too.

"Shut up." Stiles mumbles, his cheeks turning red. 

"Risk and reward. Put the quarter in the mug, win the reward. Watch Coach." He puts a mug on the floor and blows on the quarter. He bounces the quarter on the ground and it lands in the cup. We all start to clap as he stands. "Huh? Huh? That's how you do it. Ok, Danny. Risk, reward." He asks, throwing the quarter to Danny. 

"What's the reward?" Danny asks.

"You don't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow." He says.

"Coach? It's not a pop quiz if you tell us about it." Danny says. 

"You know Danny? I really expected more from you at this point." Coach says, taking the quarter. "Girl McCall. Risk, reward. Risk, you have to take the pop-- the-the quiz tomorrow and write an essay. Risk, more work. Reward," He makes a fist and blows on it. He opens his hand and says, "No work at all. Or you choose not to play."

"But isn't this just chance?" I ask. 

"No, you know your abilities, your coordination, your focus, past experience-- all factors affecting the outcome."

"So, it's more probability?" I ask. "Taking into account your coordination, abilities and past tries, you can figure out the probability of what will happen. So, if I--" I say.

"What's it gonna be?" He asks, getting fed up with my math. "No work, more work or choose not to play?"

I quickly do the math, taking into account that people don't think I'm a strong, athletic person here. I look at the quarter and place it on my book. "No play." I say, leaning back in the chair. 

"Who's next? Who wants the quarter?" Coach says. Stiles smile grows as he drums his desk, getting up. "There you go! There's a gambling man! Come on! Step up, step up."

Stiles walks to the mug and prepares to throw. The door opens, but Stiles doesn't notice. His father and another officer walk in, "Stiles." His father says.

"Yeah, Coach, I got it." Stiles says, so focused on the task at hand that he doesn't notice his father. 

"Stiles." His father says again. Stiles looks up, the smile erased from his face. He walks out with his father as Danny steps up. 

Scott looks like he is concentrating on the cover of his textbook, but knowing he is a werewolf, I am guessing that he is listening to the conversation between Stiles and his dad. 

This isn't good... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Allison, what are you drawing?" I ask, sitting down next to her. 

"Her wrist." Lydia says from across the table.

"Why? And what's on your wrist?" I ask, trying to get a look. 

"I don't know... It just bruised weirdly." She says, not letting me look. 

"Let me see!" I complain like a child. "I can help!"

"I doubt you can figure it out if Lydia hasn't." Allison says, half-heartedly.

"I take offense! I have the higher IQ and combined with test scores, I'm smarter." I say, pouting playfully.

"Hey." Lydia says, slapping my arm.

"I'm right though." Lydia looks at me with a slight smile on her lips. Her eyes then move behind me and her smile grows. "First off, victory! Second, what are you looking at?" I ask, about to turn.

"No! Don't turn!" Lydia whispers, keeping me faced towards her. "It's too obvious."

"What?" I tear away and glance behind me. 

"I want one." Lydia says, huskily, looking at the twins from yesterday. 

"Which one?" Allison asks.

"The straight one, obviously." Lydia says as Allison looks back. "And, it's for Lizzie, not me."

Lydia puts her cup down and she gets up. I try to stop her, but she keeps walking. I sigh, accepting defeat as Allison turns back and grabs her coffee. "What if it's not a symbol. What if it's a logo?" She asks, mostly to herself.

I pick up her sketch and think about what it could mean. I finally recognize the symbol and draw in the rest of it. "Is this what you're talking about?" I ask. 

"Yeah, exactly, actually. How did you know?" She asks.

"I know what it means." I say, laughing slightly. "Beacon Hills First National Bank."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Deaton, they don't trust me." I complain though the phone.

"But I can't do this alone. Isaac needs to remember in order to find the other betas." Dr. Deaton says, concerned.

"But you're only doing this because Scott asked." I then think of something. "Why are you doing it just because Scott asks?"

"I have a theory..."

"And what is that?"

"I'll tell you if you help out."

I groan and say, "Fine! But you have to tell me the entire theory. Every single little detail."

"Alright. I will see you soon." He hangs up the phone and I sigh. I change into my hunting gear and race towards the animal clinic. 

"It's safe though, right?" I hear Isaac ask.

"Do you want me to answer that honestly?" I hear Deaton ask. 

"No, no. Not really." Isaac says. 

"I also brought in some extra help. She should be arriving shortly." I smile, knowing my entrance can be dramatic. I open the back door making everyone turn, I stay out of sight as I climb up the wall. I jump into the door way and into a squat. "Or now." Deaton says. I flip my head up as I stand.

"I don't trust her." Derek says angrily. "I don't even know who she is." I walk over to him, making him straighten up slightly. I see his muscles tense, giving me the idea that his is about to attack. My suspicion is confirmed when he throws a punch at my face. I duck out of the way, grab his arm and kick out his legs. I bang his head on the table and throw him on the floor. 

He growls as he gets ready to continue fighting but Deaton steps in front of him. "She would beat you any day."

"I'm an alpha, I can take her." Derek growls.

"She's an experienced hunter who fights with monsters designed to kill. She can beat you." Deaton says, making me smile a bit. "Shall we?"

I hand Deaton a packet of wolfsbane that he asked for. He sprinkles the crushed up flowers into the bathtub as Isaac takes off his shirt. I go over to Deaton and whisper, "I need to push him in."

"Why is that?" Deaton asks out loud, making people turn.

I lean towards his ear and whisper, "I guess it could be you too, but we are the only people who know how to do this. I can hold him down while you extract the information."

"Isaac, she will put you down into the water." Deaton says, looking at Isaac as he gets in. 

"Why her?" Derek growls. 

"We know how to do this." Deaton says, as we take our positions. "You can help keep him down, but once he is in a trance-like state, she is the only one who can touch him. Too many voices and people will confuse him and could send him into shock. I am the only one talking and she is the only one holding him." Isaac looks at me and I give him a small smile before putting my hands on his shoulders. Derek and Scott grab his arms and we all push him into the water. 

After a few seconds, Isaac bursts out of the tub in werewolf form. "Get him back under." Deaton says calmly. We push him back under and he struggles to get air. He finally stops struggling, so Derek and Scott let go. I keep him under for a few more seconds before I slowly allow him to get above the water. Derek growls but I ignore him. "Now remember, only I talk to him and only she holds him." Everyone nods and he turns to me. "Anything happens, you wake him up." I nod in understanding.

"Isaac? Can you hear me?" Deaton asks. 

"Yes." Isaac says weakly. "I can hear you."

"This is Dr. Deaton." Deaton says. "I'd like to ask you a few questions. Is that all right?"

"Yes."

"I want to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd. I want you to remember it for me in as vivid detail as possible, like you're actually there again."

"I-I don't wanna do that." Isaac says, shifting slightly. "I don't-- I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna do that." Isaac starts to sink further into the tub. I hold him up and still as possible as Scott and Derek reach out. I give them both a look, saying 'I got this. Remember what Deaton said.' They seem to get it and back off. As Isaac continues to struggle, the lights start to flicker. 

"Isaac, it's all right." Deaton says calmly. "Just relax. They're just memories. You can't be hurt by a memory."

"I don't wanna do that."

"It's all right."

"I don't wanna do that." Isaac says again.

"Relax. Relax." He finally relaxes and Deaton says, "Good. Now let's go back to that night. To the place you found Erica and Boyd. Can you tell me what you see? Is there some kind of building? A house?"

"It's not-- it's not a house. It's stone. I think marble." Isaac says softly.

"That's perfect. Can you give me any other descriptors?" 

"It's dusty, so empty."

"Like an abandoned building?" The lights start to flicker, making me worry. "Isaac? Isaac?" 

"Someone's here. Someone's here." His hand snakes up and grabs my forearm. 

"Isaac, relax." Deaton says as we both look at the flickering lights. 

"No, no, no, they see me, they see me!" Isaac starts to move around in the tub. I grip his shoulders tighter, trying to immobilize him.  

"Just memories. You won't be hurt by your memories. Just relax. Relax. Good. Now tell us what you see. Tell us everything." Deaton says, as he stops moving. The lights stop flickering and I let out a sigh of relief. I see his eyes moving under his eyelids, like he is having a nightmare. 

Then, Isaac's blue eyes open slowly as he says, "I hear him. He's talking about the full moon, about being out of control when the moon rises."

"Is he talking to Erica?" 

"I think so, I can't- I can't see her, I ca-- I can't-- I can't see either of them." I notice that the lights are flickering again. 

"Can you hear anything else?" 

"They're worried. They're worried what they'll do during the moon. They're worried that they're gonna hurt each other." Isaac says. 

"If they're locked in together on the full moon, they're gonna tear each other apart." Derek says quietly.

"Isaac, we need to find them right now. Can you see them?" Deaton asks urgently. 

"No."

"Do you know what kind of room it is? Is there any kind of a marker? A number on a door? A sign?" 

Isaac gasps as he sits in the bath. I jolt forward along with his body as he whispers, "They're here. They-- They..." He sinks back into the freeing tub, still griping my arm for support. 

"It's all right." Deaton says in a calming tone, but it doesn't affect Isaac.

"No." He wheezes.

"Just tell us-" Deaton is interrupted by Isaac's whimpers.

"They see me. They found me. They're here!"

"This isn't working." Derek says. "Isaac, where are you?" 

"I can't see them. It's too dark!" The lights have gone berserk and have turned off.  

"Just tell me where you are." Derek urges. I'm too scared of what will happen if I let go of Isaac to take care of Derek. 

"I can't see!" 

"Isaac, where are you? Just tell me where you are."

"His heart rate-- he could go into shock." Deaton says, trying to deal with Derek.

"Derek, let him go!" Scott yells, afraid for his friend. 

"Isaac, where are you? What did you see?" I finally let go of Isaac and push Derek into the wall, making him hit his head. 

He growls at me until Isaac says, "A vault! It's a bank vault!" We both whip our head in his direction when he keeps talking. 

All of a sudden, he pops out of the tub, fully aware of where he is. "I saw it! I saw the name. It's, uh B-Beacon Hills First National Bank." Deaton gives him a towel as he climbs out of the tub. Derek walks over to the other side of the table, to his beta. "It's, um, it's an abandoned bank, and they're keeping them locked inside, inside the vault." He then looks at our gloomy faces. "What?"

"You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it, do you?" Stiles asks. 

"No." Isaac says, confused.

"You said when they captured you that they dragged you into a room and that there was a body in it." Stiles says.

"What body?" 

"Erica. You said it was Erica." Stiles says, somberly. 

"She's not dead." Derek says. I quickly grab a pen and paper and start to draw. 

"Derek..." Scott starts.

"She's not dead!" Derek says, walking over to my side of the table. 

"Derek, he said, 'There's a dead body. It's Erica.' Doesn't exactly give us much room for interpretation." Stiles says.

"Then who was in the vault with Boyd?" Derek questions.

"Someone else, obviously." 

"And maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle." Scott says. "Ok, the one that saved you." He says, looking at Isaac. 

"No, she wasn't like us. And whoever was in that vault with Boyd was." Isaac says, dismissing Scott's theory. 

I continue drawing, making sure I am completely clear as Stiles says, "What if that's how Erica died? They, like, pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives. It's like werewolf thunder dome."

"Then we get them out, tonight." Derek says, as I finish my drawing. 

"Be smart about this Derek." Deaton says as I walk over. "You can't just go storming in." I tap his shoulder, like a child and give him the drawing. He looks at me, totally confused. 

"If Isaac got in, then so can we." Derek says. I sigh and grab the paper. I walk around Derek and towards Scott. 

"But he didn't get through a bank door, did he?" Deaton asks.

"We need a plan." Scott says. I am still trying to get past Derek's large body.

"How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than 24 hours?" Derek asks. 

"I think someone already did." Stiles says. He then reads an article about the arrest made. 

"How long will it take to find out how?" Derek asks.

"It's the internet, Derek." Stiles scoffs and Derek raises his eyebrows. "Ok? Minutes." Stiles says, smiling. I know it'll take hours due to the fact that it is probably only in police files. 

"Then go!" Derek yells. I finally get past him, only to find that Scott is leaving with Stiles. I turn back but Derek's menacing figure, makes me go towards Isaac. I slip past Isaac and Deaton and run outside.

I catch up with Scott before he gets into the jeep. "What?" He growls. If I wasn't being careful about how I react to things, I would have flinched. I hand him the drawing and turn on my heel. "Where did you get this?" He calls after me. I stop and turn towards him. I point at my wrist and he looks back at the drawing. Before he can ask anything else, I run back inside the clinic. 

I walk in and see that Derek and Isaac are still there. "We let you help. Now I want some answers." Derek growls. In a flash, he runs over to me  and throws me across the room. I roll off the table and onto the floor as he yells, "WHO ARE YOU?!"

As I stand up and dust off my shoulders, Deaton says calmly, "I think you should leave now."

"But--" Derek protests but stops mid sentence. I guess Deaton gave him a look. I see Derek motion to Isaac and they both walk out. 

Once Deaton and I secure the perimeter of the clinic, I take off my mask. "Derek does not like me." I sigh.

"Thank you for your help." Deaton says, giving me the left over wolfsbane flowers.

"Anytime, but I do believe we have an agreement?" I ask, sitting on the table.

Deaton sighs as he begins to talk. "As you know, the Alpha pack is here. There are the twins, Ethan and Aidan. They can morph into one, very strong alpha. Kali, who uses the claws on her toes as her weapon of choice. Ennis, who is the strength. And finally, Deucalion. The demon wolf. He may not be able to see, but he isn't always blind."

"How does that work?" I ask.

"When he shifts, he can use his eyes."

"Ah..." I say, nodding.

"They are here for two reasons. One is Derek. He's a Hale, which to them means power. Kali, Ennis and Deucalion all knew Talia as the strongest shapeshifter and alpha around. Derek is her son, meaning in their eyes, he is strong as well."

"And their second reason?"

"Your brother." My eyebrows furrow.

"What do you mean? He's not an alpha..."

"Yet. I have a theory that your brother is a True Alpha."

"A True Alpha?" I ask, turning towards him. "To become an alpha, you have to kill someone. I don't want him to--"

"That's the point. A True Alpha gains his alpha status from his own will, not from taking it. Scott will eventually rise to the occasion and his eyes will change from yellow to red. Deucalion is aware of his potential. He has two options: One, kill him." I growl at the thought. I would never let anyone hurt Scott. "And two, make him into a killer. Either way he eliminates the threat."

"So, your theory is that Scott is a True Alpha, and that Deucalion will try to either corrupt him or kill him?" I ask for clarification. Deaton nods and I stare straight ahead. "That's- that's great. Just great." I mumble, putting my head in my hands. 

"Why do I get the feeling you aren't just mad about Deucalion's intentions?"

"I'm not sure I'll be able to do it..." I say.

"Do what?" Deaton comes over and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Protect him. I have to deal with Lucifer and on top of that, there's the stupid Alpha pack. Now I have to make sure my brother doesn't die, more than usual. And I have to make sure he doesn't kill someone. And I--"

"Lizzie. You can do it. I know your abilities and you can do anything you can think of." Deaton says, smiling. 

"Thanks for the vote of confidence..." I mumble, laughing a little. I inhale and sit up. I jump off the table and say, "Thank you Dr. Deaton. It has been a pleasure." I wave to him and I put my mask back on. I walk out of the clinic and don't look back.

I hope you liked!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 90 11
Book 1 of McCall She-Wolf series What if Scott McCall has an younger twin sister that knew about werewolves long before they both became one? Well h...
90.9K 1.9K 198
Elizabeth Smythe isn't the typical type of Vampire the Winchesters are used to dealing with. She was cool, calculating and... A Hunter. Previously fr...
67.3K 2.9K 11
On instagram, I had the idea of a crossover. This story will be short (slightly over 10 parts) . . Sam and Dean are investigating the not-so-recent k...
107K 2.3K 12
You loved Dean Winchester with all your heart, and that's what caused it to break so easily. You were blind from all the signs that were there, and w...