The Hunter McCall

By multi_fandom2015

Note: A word of warning-- this is one of my first stories (2015, wow!) so there are a lot of mistakes and bad... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1: What's Wrong With Scott?
Chapter 2: Werewolf?
Chapter 3: Hunting
Chapter 4: Bowling
Chapter 5: The Mountain Lion
Chapter 7: Torture
Chapter 8: The Winter Formal
Chapter 9: Adam and Gerard
Chapter 10: The Nightmares
Chapter 11: Building The Pack
Chapter 12: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 13: The Kanima
Chapter 14: Lydia's Birthday Party
Chapter 15: Hostage Situation and the Police Station
Chapter 16: The Death of the Kanima
Chapter 17: The Poker Game
Chapter 18: My Idiot Father
Chapter 19: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 20: Facing The Devil
Chapter 21: The Animals
Chapter 22: New Information
Chapter 23: Out Of Control Werewolves
Chapter 24: My New Interest
Chapter 25: The Next Sacrifice
Chapter 26: The Hospital
Chapter 27: The End Of The Darach
Chapter 28: The Reveal
Chapter 29: Dealing with Everyone
Chapter 30: Explanation of the Past
AUTHOR'S NOTE: PLEASE READ!!!
Chapter 31: The Death Omen
Chapter 32: Lucifer and the Pit
Chapter 33: The Aftermath
Chapter 34: Saving Malia
Chapter 35: William Barrow
A/N: Her Secret [Scott McCall]
Chapter 36: The Blacklight Party
Chapter 37: What's Up With Stiles?
Chapter 38: Sleepwalking to Sickness
Chapter 39: Stiles or Nogitsune?
Chapter 40: Eichen House
Chapter 41: Following the Clues
Chapter 42: Fighting Insane Werewolves
Chapter 43: Goodbye Friend
Chapter 44: Silver is the Key
Chapter 45: The Deal
Chapter 46: Faking Death
Chapter 47: Crowley's Jail of Creatures
Chapter 48: Reunion
Chapter 49: The Final Showdown
Epilogue

Chapter 6: The Alpha

5.4K 127 9
By multi_fandom2015

As I try to sleep, I can't because of the movement in Scott's room. I finally have enough and walk over. "Scott, you are the loudest person ever!" I groan, leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah, well..." He says.

"Do you want to talk?" I ask, coming to sit on the bed.

"I should be saying that."

"Well you're not, so it's my job now." I say, smirking.

"I just feel like I've been a crap friend, son, and brother." He says, sighing. He then sits straight up in bed. "Lizzie?"

"Yeah?" I ask, a little freaked out.

"You were on the phone with Lydia when she saw the mountain lion, right?"

"Yeah..."

"What did you hear?"

"Why do you want to know? It's over now." I scoff.

"Indulge me."

"Big word there, Scotty." I sigh and continue. "I just heard glass breaking and Lydia scream. That's all." I say, standing. "Now get some sleep."
———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

"Scott? What the hell happened to the car?" I yell out, as I walk by.

"What do you mean?" He asks, suddenly clammy.

"I mean what's with the scratches? Mom is going to kill you." I say, laughing.

"Just some branches." He says, mounting his bike. "See you at school!" He rides off as fast as possible. I have yet to test him, and need to find the perfect way to do it.

I quickly take a picture of the spiral shaped scratches and wait for Lydia to pick me up.

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

I get to school and go to english. I walk in and see that Stiles is ignoring Scott. I walk over and hear Stiles say, "If I was talking to you, I'd say your an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you."

"Trusting who?" I ask, making them jump.

"No one." They say.

I look at them and sigh, "Stiles, how's your father?"

"He's ok, even though your idiot twin got him hurt." Stiles says, glaring at my brother.

"Stiles, there was just a lot of commotion. It could have happened to anyone." I say as the bell rings. I turn and grab my stuff out of the bag, as Scott and Stiles speak quietly, thinking I couldn't hear.

"What did he say?" Stiles asks, before class actually starts.

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

"The what of who?" Lydia asks a very excited Allison.

"The Beast of Gevaudan. Listen." Allison turns to her book and reads, "'A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas in France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over 100 people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it.'"

"Boring." Lydia says.

"Stop, it's interesting!" I say nudging her. "Keep reading."

"'Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan.'" Allison continues.

"Still boring." Lydia says, popping a grape in her mouth.

"Good old Lucifer." I say, sighing. Right now, Mr. Satan himself is trying to break seals to free himself from the pit. 

"Did you just say that? Seriously?" Lydia asks. I look at her innocently as Allison continues.

"'Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of the hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid.'"

"'Slipping into a coma' boring." Lydia says.

"'While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shape-shift into a man-eating monster.'"

"Any of this have anything to do with your family?" Lydia asks, bored.

"This. 'It is believed that La Bete was finally trapped and killed by a renowned hunter who claimed that his wife and four children were the first to fall prey to the creature.' His name was Argent." Allison says, looking up from the book.

"Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?" Lydia asks.

"So what? Lydia, I know people who lost there mother to an animal attack and are now hunters." I say, remembering the Winchesters' story about their mother. She wasn't really killed by an animal, she was killed by a demon named Azazel. She caught fire on the ceiling of Sam's nursery.

"Not just a big wolf, either." Allison says, flipping pages. "Take a look at this picture." She turns the book around and I see a standing wolf, with red eyes. "What does this look like to you?" Lydia's fork drops and she stars at the picture intently. I suddenly realize that this is what the alpha looked like. Lydia saw the alpha. "Lydia?" Allison asks, noticing her behavior. "Lydia."

"It looks... like a big... wolf." She says, hesitantly. "See you in history." She says walking away.

Allison turns to me and I give a shrug, watching her leave.

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

I stay at school and study. All of a sudden I hear something come out of the loud speaker. It sounds like a cat being strangled to death. I laugh a little and get up. I realize that the school is probably closed and everyone is gone. As I stand I grab a knife and stick it in my pocket. I then hear a loud howl from the speaker. I quickly grab my things and run out. I know that I can't take on the alpha with only a knife. I start to run out as I hear the doors slam shut. I gasp, thinking that the alpha knows and is cornering me. I figured out that the other victims all had something to do with hunters.

I start running in the opposite direction. I then hear a window break and I keep running. I can't call the Winchesters, I can't call anyone. I need to fight.

I keep running away from the noise. First I hear yelling and screaming, then I hear doors. I hear things going on in the basement so I run towards the doors, only to find that a dumpster was pushed in front of it. The grip on my knife tightens as I walk slowly around corners. I finally hear footsteps and hide behind a corner. If I'm going to fight, it might as well be now. I grab my knife and pull it towards my chest. I wait until the steps get closer and I jump out with the knife.

"AHHH!" I hear two boys scream. I recognize the two figures in front of me: Scott and Stiles.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Scott asks, out of breath.

"Me? What the hell are you doing here?" I scream.

"No time for a family argument! We have to get to Allison!" Stiles screams, running.

"Allison?" I ask as Scott pulls me towards the lobby. We get there and I see Allison.

"Why did you come? What are you doing here?" Scott asks.

"Because you asked me to?" Allison says.

"Asked you too?" Allison picks up her phone and shows a text from Scott.

"Why do I get the feeling that you didn't send this message?"

"Because I didn't."

"Did you drive here?" Stiles asks.

"No, Jackson did." She says. 

"Jackson's here?" I ask.

"And Lydia, what's going on?"Allison asks as her phone rings. She picks up and asks, "Where are you?"

All of a sudden the doors open and we all jump. In struts Lydia with Jackson. "Finally. Can we go now?" Lydia asks. Allison nods as I look up. I hear banging and heavy thuds from above us. The sounds get closer and everyone looks up.

"Run!" I yell as the ceiling looks like it's going to collapse. Everyone takes off towards the cafeteria. Scott locks the doors and everyone starts to stack chairs except for Stiles and I. I notice the wall of windows and realize that the door is the only way out.

"Scott, stop." Stiles says.

"What was that?" Allison asks.

"What came through the ceiling?" Lydia asks.

"Guys, just wait a second!" Stiles says. "Can we wait a second? Guys? Stiles talking. Can we hang on one second, please?"

I whistle really loudly as everyone turns to me. "Nice job, really. But what are we going to do with the 20-foot wall of windows?" I ask, as both me and Stiles gesture to the windows erratically.

"Can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on, because I am really freaked out. And I would really like to know why. Scott?" Allison pleads with him. Scott walks over to one of the tables, as I follow. I rub my hand on his back in a circular motion.

"Someone killed the janitor." Stiles says suddenly, making me whip my head towards him.

"What?" I ask.

"Yeah, the janitor's dead."

"What's he talking about? Is this a joke?" Allison asks.

"Who killed him?" I ask, trying to assess the situation.

"No, no, no, no. This was supposed to be over. The mountain lion killed—"
 Lydia says.

"No, don't you get it? There wasn't a mountain lion." Jackson snaps.

"Who was it?" Allison screams. "What does he want? What is happening... Scott!" She yells forcefully.

"I-I don't know." He says. "I just... If we go out there, he's gonna kill us."

"Us? He's gonna kill us?" Lydia asks.

"Who? Who is it?" Allison asks. "Who!"

"Stop forcing answers!" I yell before turning to Scott. "Do you know who is out there?"

A long silence passes before Scott says, "It's Derek. Derek Hale."

"Derek killed the janitor?" Jackson asks.

"Are-are you sure?" Allison asks.

"I saw him." Scott says.

"The mountain lion..." Lydia starts before Scott yells.

"No! Derek killed them!"

"All of them?" Allison asks. I still can't believe that Scott said that. One thing I know about Scott is that he has been hanging around with Derek a lot, and Derek has been helping him with something.

"Yeah, starting with his own sister." Scott says.

"And the bus driver?" Allison asks, out of breath.

"And the guy at the video store. It's been Derek the whole time. He's in here with us. And if we don't get out now..." Scott finally turns around, "He's gonna kill us too."

"Call the cops." Jackson says.

"No." Stiles and I say.

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean no. You want to hear it in Spanish? Noh." Stiles says. "Look, Derek killed three people. We don't know what he is armed with."

"Yeah Jackson. We need to come up with a plan that will have a minimum amount of injury. If what they are saying actually happened—" I am cut off by Scott.

"I'm telling the truth!"

"Fine, Derek has killed people. He could be a sociopath, or even an assassin. If he is just crazy, then calling the cops would work. If he is a trained survivalist and killer, not so much. Derek could kill everyone in seconds." I say.

"Why do you have a knife?" Jackson asks. I completely forgot and look down at the knife.

I come up with a quick lie. "When I heard the noise, I rushed to the kitchen and grabbed one." I say, glad that the knife looked like a butter knife.

"Call your dad!" Jackson yells. "He is armed with an entire sheriff's department!"

"I'm calling." Lydia says, already on her phone.

"Lydia, would you wait a—" Stiles is cut off by Jackson.

"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills High School. We're trapped and we need you to... But..." Lydia brings her phone down and I know that something is wrong. "She hung up on me."

"The police hung up on you?" Allison asks.

"She said that they got a tip, warning them that there was gonna be prank calls about a break-in at the high school. She said that if I called again that they would trace it and have me arrested."

"Then call again!"

"They won't trace the cell." I say.

"They'll send a car to your house before they come here." Stiles says, agreeing with me.

"What... What is... What is this? Why does Derek want to kill us?" Allison asks. "Why is he killing anyone?" Everyone but me looks at Scott.

"Why are you looking at him?" I ask, standing protectively.

"Is he the one that sent the text?" Lydia asks.

"No. I mean, I don't know." Scott says.

"Is he the one that called the police?" Allison asks.

"I don't know!" He snaps. Allison looks hurt and backs off.

"Alright, why don't we ease back on the throttle here, yeah?" I ask, as Stiles drags Scott away. I follow them but am pushed back. I give them a hurt look and go to comfort the others.

After a minute or so, Jackson yells, "Ok ass heads. New plan. Stiles calls his useless dad and tells him to send someone with a gun and decent aim. Are we good with that?" 

"NO!" I say again. "To many risks!"

"No, Lizzie, he's right. Tell him the truth if you have to." Scott says to Stiles. I give him the dirtiest look before peaking outside.

"Alright give me the phone." Jackson yells before charging at Stiles. I run, but before I get there, Stiles punches him in the face, sending him down.

Allison runs over and Lydia is petrified. I go over to Stiles and give him a high five. He then takes out his phone and calls his father.

"Dad, hey, it's me. And it's your voicemail. Look, I need you to call me back now. Like, right now." The doors start to shake and we all back up. "We're at the school, ok? We are at the school." He then hangs up and I look for an escape route.

"The kitchen. The door out of the kitchen leads to the stairwell." I say.

"Which only goes up!" Scott yells.

"Up is better than here!" I say, preparing to run. Everyone runs, and I wait until they are all gone. I stay there with the knife in my hand, ready.

I feel a hand go around my arm. "Lizzie! Come on!" Scott says, pulling me back. I realize that he won't move if I don't, so I reluctantly run.

We all get to a chemistry room, and Scott barricades the door. Allison holds a hand over her mouth as a figure walks past the room. "Jackson," I ask after the figure is gone. "How many people can fit in your car?"

"Five, if someone sneezes onto someone's lap." He says.

"Five? I barely fit in the back!" Allison whispers.

"And what about the sixth person!" I whisper forcefully.

"Doesn't matter. There's no getting out without drawing attention." Stiles says. I look around and see the fire escape.

"What about this?" I ask, running over. "It leads to the roof. We can go down the fire escape and into the parking lot within seconds."

"It's a deadbolt." Stiles says. I look down and see the lock. I know how to pick it, but it would take hours. I groan when I get an idea.

"The janitor has a key." Scott and I say.

"His body has it." Stiles says.

"I can get it." I say, holding my knife. I walk over to the door and look out as Scott and Stiles argue.

"Lizzie, you are not going out there!" Scott says. "I am."

"What?" Allison and I say, "No!"

"No way in hell brother!" I say, glaring.

"You can't go out there unarmed!" Allison exclaims. Scott pick up a pointer and shrugs.

"It's better then nothing!" He says.

"No, no, no way Scott. You need a real weapon. I have one." I say, holding my knife. "You are not going out there. Let me go."

"Why not just give me the knife?"

"Because you would fall on it!" I say sarcastically. "You don't know how to swipe at someone, and you probably wouldn't if you did." I whisper.

"There has got to be something else." Stiles says.

"There is." Lydia says.

"Did you not hear me? He is not going!" I say.

"We have everything we need to make a self-igniting Molotov cocktail." She says, ignoring me. She motions to the glass closet filled with chemicals.

"We don't have a key for that either." Stiles says. I grab a cloth and wrap it around my hand. I punch through the glass and grab the sulfuric acid and hand it to Lydia, but am met with weird looks.

"What? Haven't you seen a girl punch through glass before?" I ask, as I grab another ingredient.

Lydia and I get down to making the cocktail. "Lizzie, get me 15 milligrams of that and Jackson, hand me the sulfuric acid." I measure out the amount and give it to her as Jackson hands me a beaker. I don't even look as I give it to Lydia. She mixes the solution and gives it to Scott. I grab it before he gets it.

"Not going!" I yell at him.

"This is insane!" He yells back, grabbing the cocktail.

"Fine, we go together!" I say, with the full intention of locking him in a closet.

"You can not do this, ok? You can't go out there!" Allison says, mostly to Scott. I don't listen as Allison tries to get Scott to stay.

"Lock it behind us." I say, as Scott stands next to me. I open the door and slip out as Scott follows.

Now it's time to get him to safety. "Scott you go that way, we meet at the cafeteria." I say, knowing there are classrooms that I will be able to lock. He nods and starts to walk over. I quietly follow him and see him get close to a room. I run up and push him in. He looks confused before he turns by the sound of me locking the door.

"What are you doing!?" He yells.

"Keeping you safe!" I say, as a tear rolls down my face. "I'm sorry." I whisper, as I run away.

I get to the gym after following blood droplets. I see that the blood goes under the bleachers so I walk in. I follow the blood and look up. I see the janitor hanging there, with his keys. I climb up and easily grab the keys. I jump down as I hear the bleachers creaking. I start to run out as the bleachers start to come in. I roll out of the bleachers with the keys in hand.

I look around and see no one. I steadily raise my knife and start to walk around the bleachers. I suddenly hear a small howl and whip around. There, in front of me, is the alpha. I start to breathe heavily, and walk backwards. It runs at me and knocks me to the side, along with the keys.

I fall in the middle of the gym, groaning. The alpha comes up to me and slams me into the floor, cracking it, along with a few of my ribs. It suddenly backs off and walks behind me. I try to stand up, but can't. I hear footsteps as my vision goes blurry.

My vision clears as I see Scott run into the gym. He looks at me and runs towards me, but is stopped by the alpha jumping over me. Scott throws the cocktail at the alpha, but it doesn't ignite. The alpha tackles Scott as I scream out. He holds my brother down and howls. The next second, the alpha slams my head on the floor, making me pass out.

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

I wake up to see Scott on the floor in the same position as before. I guess I wasn't out long, but I keep my eyes as closed as possible, but am still able to see. I stay very still as Scott starts to groan in pain. Even if I tried to move, I wouldn't be able to. I watch as he flips over and yells. I then see him flip his head up and look at me. I try to keep my heart rate steady as he walks away. A tear escapes my eye at what I saw. Scott's eyes were yellow, and he had claws, fangs and sideburns. He is a werewolf.

I try to stay awake. I try to stand up, but the darkness wins as I hear sirens from outside. I close my eyes and black out.

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

I wake up and see a familiar face. "Scott?" I say, sitting up quickly, bonking him in the head. I recognize that we are in the hospital.

"Ow..." He says, holding his head.

I think for a moment. What do I do? I can't let him know that I know... "What happened?"

"You don't remember?"

"All I remember is walking out of the chemistry room with you." I say. I start to stand up, but fall back onto the bed from pain. I gasp as it is hard to breathe. "Scott?" I wheeze.

"Yeah?" He asks, not noticing.

"Get mom, now." I say.

"What? Wh—" He realizes that something is wrong and runs out of the room. I try to breathe, but it gets harder with every movement.

Scott and my mother run in, and she immediately lies me down. "Scott! I told you to make sure she doesn't stand!" She yells and she gets a syringe.

"I didn't..." He looks broken and very scared.

"It's ok... It's-- It's ok." I wheeze out, holding his hand. Mom sticks the syringe in my neck and takes out the plunger. All of a sudden, I can breathe again. I take a deep breath in and out.

"Better?" She asks.

"Better." I say taking another breath.

"Scott, your sister needs rest, she has many broken ribs and one of them is piercing her lung. She's gotta rest for her surgery tomorrow." Mom says.

"No, it's my fault. I'm not leaving her." He says stubbornly.

My mother sighs and leaves, knowing she can't do anything. My eyelids start to close as I feel Scott's hand wrap around mine. I finally drift off into sleep. 

Hope you enjoyed! BTW: Go check out my TVDxTW Fanfic, The Twin Gilbert

I will not be updating the sequel without some comments, so go read it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.3K 2.9K 11
On instagram, I had the idea of a crossover. This story will be short (slightly over 10 parts) . . Sam and Dean are investigating the not-so-recent k...
58.9K 2.1K 100
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...
2.5K 85 15
When a pack of crazed Alphas arrive in Beacon Hills, creating chaos, can Skylar and her friends stop them? Can the she-wolf save her twin? And best...
3.4K 32 17
(*COMPLETED*)This story is based on the amazing tv show 'Supernatural'. This story is called The Baby Winchester and it is about Deanna Mary Winchest...