The Hunter McCall

By multi_fandom2015

Note: A word of warning-- this is one of my first stories (2015, wow!) so there are a lot of mistakes and bad... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1: What's Wrong With Scott?
Chapter 3: Hunting
Chapter 4: Bowling
Chapter 5: The Mountain Lion
Chapter 6: The Alpha
Chapter 7: Torture
Chapter 8: The Winter Formal
Chapter 9: Adam and Gerard
Chapter 10: The Nightmares
Chapter 11: Building The Pack
Chapter 12: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 13: The Kanima
Chapter 14: Lydia's Birthday Party
Chapter 15: Hostage Situation and the Police Station
Chapter 16: The Death of the Kanima
Chapter 17: The Poker Game
Chapter 18: My Idiot Father
Chapter 19: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 20: Facing The Devil
Chapter 21: The Animals
Chapter 22: New Information
Chapter 23: Out Of Control Werewolves
Chapter 24: My New Interest
Chapter 25: The Next Sacrifice
Chapter 26: The Hospital
Chapter 27: The End Of The Darach
Chapter 28: The Reveal
Chapter 29: Dealing with Everyone
Chapter 30: Explanation of the Past
AUTHOR'S NOTE: PLEASE READ!!!
Chapter 31: The Death Omen
Chapter 32: Lucifer and the Pit
Chapter 33: The Aftermath
Chapter 34: Saving Malia
Chapter 35: William Barrow
A/N: Her Secret [Scott McCall]
Chapter 36: The Blacklight Party
Chapter 37: What's Up With Stiles?
Chapter 38: Sleepwalking to Sickness
Chapter 39: Stiles or Nogitsune?
Chapter 40: Eichen House
Chapter 41: Following the Clues
Chapter 42: Fighting Insane Werewolves
Chapter 43: Goodbye Friend
Chapter 44: Silver is the Key
Chapter 45: The Deal
Chapter 46: Faking Death
Chapter 47: Crowley's Jail of Creatures
Chapter 48: Reunion
Chapter 49: The Final Showdown
Epilogue

Chapter 2: Werewolf?

6.8K 166 11
By multi_fandom2015

I spent the entire night trying to piece together what's going on with Scott. I found nothing! Absolutely NOTHING! I keep thinking about it as I watch lacrosse practice.

I cringe as Jackson plows into Scott, knocking him down. I watch as Scott gets up and tries again. This time he rams into Jackson, knocking him down. I rush to the field and see that he has a dislocated shoulder. I see Scott fall the ground as well. I move everyone out of the way and grab Jackson's shoulder.

"Jackson, this is going to hurt. Ready?" He nods as he sits up. "On the count of five. One. Two. Three." I push his shoulder into place as he yells out.

"What the hell Lizzie? I thought we were going to five!"
"I lied." I say, standing. I look around and see that both Scott and Stiles are gone. My eyes shift towards the bleachers where I see an older man. He has piercing green eyes and is very muscular. I recognize him in an instant. Derek Hale. My eyes flicker towards my bag and flicker back to him, only to see that he is gone. I rush to my phone and look through my list of supernatural creatures.

Hale Family- werewolves

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

I hear Scott get home and walk to his room. "Hey Scott..." I say, sitting on his bed.

"Hey..." He says, face down on the covers.

"Hey guys, late shift again for me." My mom says, coming in. "But I am taking Saturday off to see your first game, Scott."

"Mom, you can't." Scott says.

"Oh, I can and I will. One shift isn't gonna break us. Completely." She then leans in closer. "What's wrong with your eyes?" I look closer and see big bags and dark circles.

"What?" Scott asks, alarmed.

"You look like you haven't slept in days." I say.

"Uh, it's nothing. I'm just stressed."
 "Just stress?" My mom asks. "Nothing else?"

"Homework..."

"I mean, it's not like you're on drugs or anything, right?"
"Right now?"Scott asks.

"Wrong answer Scotty-boy..." I mumble.

"'Right now'? I'm sorry, what do you mean, 'right now'?" My mom asks. "Have you ever taken drugs?"
"Have you?" I ask, with a slight smirk.

She opens her mouth to answer but closes it. "Get some sleep Scott." She says walking out of the room.

"Scott. You know you can tell me anything, right?" I ask.

"I'm the one who's supposed to say the protective older sibling stuff, not you." He groans.

"I know something's wrong Scott." I say, trying to make eye contact. He avoids me by nuzzling his head further into the bed. "You don't need to tell me now. All I ask is that you be careful, ok?" He nods and I walk out of the room.

I get to my room and go into the bathroom. I splash my face with water and slide down the door. What happened? I just want to know so I can protect him...

I then hear a loud bang. I stand up and grab a knife. I run to Scott's room and find the door locked. I start to bang on it yelling. "Scott? You ok? Scott answer me! Scott!"

The door opens and I see a breathless Scott. "Lizzie... Hey..." He says scratching the back of his head. "I—" I hug him, shutting him up. I stand back and hit his arm. "Ow!"
"What the hell? What happened?" I scream.

"I tripped and— I um, I hit my head. I blacked out for a second and opened the door. Sorry..." I could tell he was lying. I give him a look before calming down.

I walk outside into the woods to calm down. Why won't he just tell me the truth. Granted, I am lying to him but I am protecting him. What could he possibly be hiding?

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

After school I go home and Scott isn't there. I take the time to search through his room. Nothing. How am I getting bad at this after like 4 years?

I hear the door open and run to my room. I hear Scott walk up the stairs slowly. A few minutes later I hear running and recognize the footsteps as Stiles. I look out of my room to see him bounding into my brother's room. I walk over and listen as Stiles asks, "What did you find? How did you find it? Where did you find it? And, yes, I've had a lot of Adderall today so..."

"I found something of Derek Hale's." My brother says.

"Are you kidding? What?"

"There's something buried there, I could smell blood." What?

"That's awesome. I mean it's terrible. Whose blood?"

"I don't know... But when we do, your dad nails Derek Hale for the murder. Then you help me figure out how to play lacrosse without changing." Changing into what? "Because there is no way I'm not playing that game." I run back to my room as the boys leave.

I get a text from Lydia before I could process the information. She asks me to get to the hospital.

I rush there and find that Stiles is attempting to talk to her. "Hey, Lydia. You probably don't remember me. Uh, I sit behind you in biology. Uh, anyway, I always thought we had this kind of connection. Unspoken, of course. Maybe it'd be kind of cool to get to know each other, a little better?" I round the corner and see that Lydia wasn't listening. Rather she was listening to someone through a bluetooth.

"Hold on, give me a second." She says, taking the earpiece out. "Yeah, I didn't get any of what you just said. Is it worth repeating?"

Stiles then laughs nervously. "No... sorry..." He bumps into me as he turns. "I'm gonna sit..."

I laugh and sit next to Lydia. A few minutes later Jackson walks out holding his shoulder.

"Did he do it?" Lydia asks, standing.

I zone out and think. Scott can smell blood, he got really good at lacrosse and is going over to Derek Hale's. The only things I can think of is he knows about the Hales, Derek has been training him to be a better athlete, which is very unlikely. And lastly he could be a... Oh God.

I stand up and tell Lydia I need to go. She pouts and whines but I finally leave. I get to my room and print out every police report connected to animal attacks and the Hales. I find out that three of the Hales survived the fire, probably set by the Argents: Peter Hale, Derek and Laura. Peter is Derek's uncle and Laura is his older sister. I'd bet anything that the body found is Laura. Supposedly Laura gained alpha status after the fire. Either the Argents killed her, or someone killed her to steal the alpha power. Peter is comatose in the hospital and Derek has been out of town. The only wolf in the area, who is able to walk, is Derek. Derek Hale bit my brother.

I feel anger boiling inside me. My brother is a werewolf. Derek Hale made him into a monster. A monster that needs to be put down before it kills.

Calm down Liz, there is no proof. He might just know about the supernatural. I mean it's not like he's hurt someone yet, right?

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

I stay up all night, not being able to forget about Scott. I get a text message from Stiles saying that Derek is going to be arrested for the murder. I rush over to his house and see him being pushed into a cop car, while Scott can't look at him. I rush over to Scott and check him.

"Whoa! What- What are you doing? Lizzie? Liz. Elizabeth!"

"Scott, what the hell! You go looking for bodies and convict someone of a murder? What is wrong?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

"Lizzie, we didn't mean anything..."

"Don't put yourself in danger! It's not safe Scott! I can't—" I am cut off by my phone ringing. "This is not over!" I say stomping away. I see that the caller is Dean. "What?" I ask, gruffly.

"Whoa there. What happened to you?" Dean asks.

"Nothing. What do you want?"

"Updating you, jeez... Another few seals have been broken."

"Great."
"Demons are working on something big and—"
"Fine Dean. Gotta go!" I hang up and stomp towards my brother. "Tell me what the hell you were thinking!"

"I-I..." 

"We were just looking for Scott's inhaler!" Stiles says, coming up behind him.

"Don't you— no both of you! Don't you dare do that again!" I say stomping off.

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

I arrive with Mom at the game to see Scott on the field. I sit quietly and watch. I watch as Jackson knocks Scott to the ground in order to get the ball.

All of a sudden he jumps up over another player and catches the ball. He then swivels through the group of players and makes a goal. Mom cheers and I smile a bit. Scott has always wanted to be good at lacrosse.

If that wasn't weird enough, an opposing player passes the ball to him. Then he throws the ball so hard, it goes right through the goalie's stick.

In the last 20 seconds, Scott is cornered by three players. He thinks for a while before throwing the ball into the net. I stand up and cheer for my brother, completely forgetting about earlier that day and that he might be a werewolf. I run out with Allison to see him running into the school. I look back to see Allison go after him, and her father staying behind.

I walk up to him and introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Lizzie McCall. Scott's sister." I put out my hand and he shakes it.

"Chris Argent. Allison's father." He says, with a fake smile.

"Can we talk for a moment?" I ask, trying to tell him that I know about him.

"We are talking right now..." I look at him and raise my eyebrows. His eyes go wide and takes me behind the bleachers.

"I know." I say simply.

"About what?"

"The supernatural. Your family."

"What are you going to do with that information?" He asks, eyebrows up.

"Ask you for a favor."

"And what might that be?"

"Keep my brother safe." He snaps his head in my direction. "He won't listen to me about staying out of trouble. Could you keep an eye out for him and keep him away from all this?"

"Fine, but answer me this: Are you a hunter?"

I think for a moment and finally say, "Yes, but not just wolves." I then start to walk towards the school. I get to the locker room and see Allison exiting with a smile on her face.

"What's got you so happy?" I ask.

"I kissed him." She says, giddy.

"Scott?"

"Yeah."

"You kissed him?"

"And he kissed me!"

"Did he embarrass himself? If so, I will kick his ass." I say, pointedly.

"No, it was perfect..." She says dreamily. "I gotta go. See you on Monday." She then walks away as I go to the locker room door.

"I don't know how, but I controlled it. Maybe I can live with it, maybe it's not so bad." I hear Scott say.

"We'll talk later then." I hear Stiles say.

"What?"

"The, uh, medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found."

"And?"

"Well, I'll keep it simple. Medical examiner determines killer of girl animal, not human. Derek's human, not animal. Derek not killer. Derek let out of jail."

"Are you kidding?"

"No, and here's a bigger kick in the ass. My dad ID'd the dead girl, both haves. Her name was Laura Hale."

"Hale?" Scott seems really scared now.

"Derek's sister."

I stand up and walk away. I get to the train station and tell my mom that I will be home tomorrow night, at the latest. I can't take everything that's going on with Scott.

I call the brothers and wait. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 74 15
*I wrote this when I was 14* Sarah Mccall, is Scott mccall's sister. Sarah only sees Scott and her mom on special occasions. after that she doesn't...
2.5K 85 15
When a pack of crazed Alphas arrive in Beacon Hills, creating chaos, can Skylar and her friends stop them? Can the she-wolf save her twin? And best...
107K 2.3K 12
You loved Dean Winchester with all your heart, and that's what caused it to break so easily. You were blind from all the signs that were there, and w...
59K 2.1K 100
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...