3 Stepbrothers

By Animallover55

PUBLISHED ON AMAZON --GET PHYSICAL COPY OR EBOOK ALSO AVAILABLE ON BARNES & NOBLE www.sofiaqholand.com Mercha... More

3 Stepbrothers
Packing
Apocalypse of the Zombies
Hatred
End of Summer Party
Last day of Summer
First day of school
Math + TheThree = X(
Friday
Bowling
Unexpected Trip
The Car Trip
The Lake House
Barbecue Lunch
Swimming at the Lake
The Campfire and S'mores
Flashback
Back Home
It Only Takes One
Revenge
Work out
The Picture
The Project
With Suzie
Thursday
Some Accidents Are Forever
Wattpad accident
Some Accidents Are Forever II
Dinner
Interesting Information
Movie's With Trent
Suzie's Philosophy
News
Dinner with Chief
Locker Room
Her Voice
Need Help?
Blender Time
The New Girl
Em
Soccer With the Guys
The Math Test
Suzie's Crush
The Arcade
Cali's Mistake
Asking Is Harder Than It Looks
Our Talk
Protectivness
Football Game
Preparation
Shawn's Date
Cole's Plan
Tryouts
The Wall Won't Crack
Awkward Dinner
007
Authors Note
Mr. Bennett
Friday's Tryouts
Shopping With My BFF (god help me)
Author's Note
Man Shopping
Shawn's Date II
Hayden Cleves
Halloween
Field Day
Homecoming
A House Divided Against Itself
Thanksgiving
It's a Strawberry!
Christmas
Just Doing My Job
Game Day
Talking It Out
There's No Love
Sleeping Beauty
The Kingdom Has Fallen
Spilling the Peas
Clear Skies
Life is Filled of Surprises
Sparkling Lights Part 1
Sparkling Lights Part 2
Final Goodbyes
Author's Note
Epilogue
Exciting News
Exciting News Part 2
Get Ready, Get Excited
Hint 1
REVEAL
Q&A
Meet the Author
Pre-Order/Buy 3 Stepbrothers!!!!
New Website!

Some Accidents Are Forever III

587K 10.6K 2.3K
By Animallover55

Wattpad was being weird again, so I don'tknow what happened this time, but it went out of order. Ok so hopefully I erased this chapter when it was out of order and now I put this one, which is exactly the same, only its in order. If it isn't then just go back and read the parts in order. Sorry you guys about this confusion, but I have no idea why its acting up on me.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

I hid my bike behind one of Mark's bushes. He knew I would always put it there. When I finished I ran up to the front door and rang the doorbell. No one picked it up at first but finally the door opened. Conlan, Mark's little brother, opened the door.

Conlan is twelve years old and he looks younger than he really is. He has brown hair that was cut sport and sometimes it naturally spikes up. His eyes were a blue green and like I said, he looks younger than his age. But only this time his eye's were somewhat red and puffy.

"Tori what are you doing here?" he asked sniffing and running his arm across his eyes.

"I heard what happened," I said, "Is your mom home?"

He nodded and moved out of the way letting me slide in.

"Tori?" Mrs.Bennett asked.

I looked over at the woman that called my name. Mrs.Bennett had her straight brown hair up in a sloppy bun, she was an anverage woman. Her eyes were weren't red but you could tell she had been crying.

"Dad just told me what happened," I said sadly. Mrs.Bennett nodded and looked down putting her hand on her forehead. She started to cry and I walked over and gave her a hug. She hugged me back and then I felt Conlan come between us. That made me and Mrs.Bennett give a small laugh.

She wiped her tears and tried to hold them back, "I'm sorry Tori. I shouldn't be crying."

"No its perfectly fine," I said honestly, "We just have to remember that Mr.Bennett is coming home."

She nodded and looked down again, "Your right. He's being relieved of his duties. We should be happy that he's coming home."

I sighed and looked around, "Where's Mark?"

"He's upstairs in his room," Mrs.Bennett said.

"He won't let anyone in. Every time we try to talk to him, we hear something crash," Conlan replied.

"Can I go talk to him?" I asked.

Mrs.Bennett waved her arm towards the stairs, "Please. I think your the only one he'll listen too right now."

I turned towards the stairs and started walking up. Then through the small passageway that would lead me to Mark's room. When I reached the door I lightly tapped on it.

"Go away," Mark muttered through the other side of the door.

"Mark it's me, Tori. Could you please open the door," I replied.

A couple seconds went by with nothing but silence. I looked over to the stairs and saw Conlan watching through the small bars. Then I looked back at Mark's door.

"Please Mark," I said.

The door clicked open and I walked in closing the door behind me. I locked it and then slowly turned around to face Mark. I quickly looked around his bedroom. It looked like a tornado passed by, everything was everywhere. I had never seen his room this messed up.

"What are you doing here?" He asked walking to his desk and sitting in the chair, his back facing me.

"My dad told me what happened. Mark I'm really sorry," I said.

Mark didn't say anything and when he did his voice cracked, "He lost one leg from the knee down and the other at mid-thigh. His arm was shattered and he needs physical therapy if he wants to gain full control."

"Mark I-I...." I didn't know what to say. Mark's shoulders started to move up and down. I walked over and pulled the chair back. Luckily it being a rolling chair so it wasn't hard.

I sat in his lap and hugged him burying my face in his shoulder. He looked like he needed a hug because he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back, silently crying.

"Mark I know it hurts, but look at the bright side," I said after a minute.

"What bright side Tori? How can there be a bright side?"

"Well for starters it could of been worse, a lot worse. He could of passes away, but he didn't Mark. And he's coming home. You haven't seen him a nearly a year, now you'll get to see him everyday," I replied.

"Yeah in a wheel chair." Mark muttered.

I couldn't imagine Mr.Bennett in a wheel chair. I just couldn't and the thought made my eyes glassy.

"I know. He won't be the same. But..." I just couldn't think of anything, "It could be worse."

Mark nodded and we stayed like that for a while. Me in his lap just hugging him, like he did to me when I was little.

"It looks like a hurricane just passed through here," I finally said after what seemed like hours.

Mark sighed, "I was angry. My dad might be coming home, but Tori he can't even stand up!"

"I know Mark and I'm really sorry about that."

I don't know how long I was there, I sort of lost track of time. But when I looked out the window I could already see the sun starting to set.

"You should probably get going," Mark said.

I pulled back and looked into him, "You sure? I can call dad?"

"No it's fine," he said. But it sounded unsure.

"I'll call him," I moved out of Marks lap and was about to leave the room, "When was the last time you've eaten?"

"I've been in my room the whole day," he replied.

"I'll get you something to eat," I left the room and headed downstairs and to the kitchen where Mrs.Bennett was.

"Hi Tori. Is Mark ok?" she asked.

"He's fine," I said, "Mrs.Bennett is it alright if I stay the night?"

She nodded her head quickly, "Please. I think we could all need it, especially Mark he's taking the news harder than me and Conlan."

I gave her a sad smile, "Let me just call my dad."

She gave me a smile and I walked through the back door and directly to the backyard. I pulled out my phone and dialed.

"Hello?" Dad said after a couple of rings.

"Dad it's Tori." I said.

"Tori! Are you still at his house?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm still at Mark's place. Listen dad is it alright if I spend the night? I think it might help," I asked.

"Only if Mrs.Bennett allows it," dad said.

"Yeah she said she wants me to. So can I?"

"Yes Tori you can. So are they alright?"

"Yeah I think so, its just the fact that we're talking about Mr.Bennett with no legs. It's just hard to believe." I said.

"I know kiddo, I know. Hey I have to go we're in the middle of dinner. Suzie says to tell Conlan hi and that she's really sorry," he said.

"Ok I'll give the message. Bye dad," I said.

"Bye kiddo," he hung up the phone and I walked back in.

"Did your dad say yes?" Conlan asked.

"Yeah and Suzie told me to say hi and tht she's really sorry," I replied.

Conlan half smiled and looked back down at the table.

"Tori would you like to eat something?" Mrs.Bennett asked.

"I was hoping you could give me something to bring up to Mark," I replied.

She smiled and gave me one nod. I helped her make two simple sandwiches and I grabbed a bag of chips. Mrs.Bennett handed me a two water bottles.

"Thanks Mrs.Bennett," I said.

"No thank you. You're such a good friend Tori," She said.

That made me smile and I started walking back upstairs and to Mark's door.

"Hey Mark it's me," I said. A couple seconds later he opened the door and I walked in. I noticed that his room wasn't that messy anymore, at least he tried to clean up.

"I brought you something to eat," I handed him the sandwich and he walked and sat at the edge of his bed.

"Thanks but I'm not hungry," he muttered and grabbed the remote to the small tv in his room.

"Mark you have to eat something, please?" I said.

Mark looked over at me and then back to the tv screen.

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?" I said with a pouty face.

Mark sighed, "Fine."

He unwrapped the sandwich and started to eat it slowly. I sat beside him and we both watched Big Bang.

"I never understood this show," I said truthfully.

Mark shrugged, "Entertainment."

We both looked at each other and out of nowhere we started to laugh.

"Yeah I guess your right," I managed to say.

Mark chuckled, "Yup we live in a messed up world these days."

I nodded then yawned, "I'm gonna head to the guest room."

When I looked outside it was already dark. I started to get up.

"Wait," Mark said grabbing my wrist as I was getting up, "At least watch one more movie. Please."

"Ok. Which movie?" I asked.

"Whichever you want," he replied.

Mark didn't have that many movies but I settled to Batman and I put it in the DVD player.

Mark moved over in his bed leaving me enough space to lie down. I layed back on Mark's arm, settling my head on his bicep.

"So when's he coming home?" I asked as the ads went by.

"Three weeks, maybe in a month." Mark replied.

I looked up at him, "It'll be ok Mark. Your dad is awesome, he'll think of something."

Mark looked down at me, "Thanks Tori. For everything. Your the best friend anyone could have."

I smiled and pulled out my pinky, "Best friends for life?"

Mark smiled and entwined his pinky with mine, "Best friends for life."

I turned my attention back to the tv and curled up in Mark's side.

After half of the movie my eye lids started to feel heavy. I tried my best to stay awake but in the end I gave up the fight and fell into the darkness of sleep.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

What did you guys think?? I kinda liked it. Best friends for life. This was kinda like foreshadowing. OMG I learned something in English!!!! Wow thanks Mrs.Carey. Lol. Ok so vote, comment on what you think. And please give me time on the next chapter, I have no clue what to write about. :P

Ok vote comment, I love you guys

Vote

Comment

Share

Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 35.6K 34
After a tragic accident that completely changes her life, Annie and her twin brother, Austin, are taken in by the Emersons, a family of seven (drop-d...
3.9K 896 62
AN ORIGINAL TEEN FICTION/ROMANCE/MYSTERY NOVEL. One's dangerous interest in power, status and greed can lead to a set of triplets being forcefully se...
125K 6K 60
Growing up next to the Harper boys, Tori Williams learned to hold her own with them. Her brother Gabe is best friends with the boys and Tori deals wi...
653K 28.2K 48
"In a house full of eight, disgusting, inconsiderate, illogical, and inconvincibly stupid older brothers, what's one more?" *** Alex has eight o...