Too Far

By lukehemmooo

More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chaper Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-five
SEQUEL

Chapter Nine

9.4K 227 158
By lukehemmooo

As I walked to the subway to meet Riley, the temperature seemed to be dropping! I mean I know it's New York but jeez.

"Hey, Maya!" Riley smiled.

"Did you and Farkle hang out after school yesterday?" I asked.

"Yeah." She smiled. "We went out to eat and then we went back to his house." She was blushing and fluttering her eyelashes.

"You're really into this huh?"

"What?" She laughed, snapping back to reality.

"Mr. and Mrs. Minkus." I winked.

"Don't say that! He hasn't even asked me out!" She tried to sound angry.

"He will, he's wanted to for many years."

"What about you and Lucas?" She exclamed, changing the subject.

"What about us?" I laughed. We got off the subway and walked the rest of the way to school.

"You guys are good for eachother. You got an A on the English project, Maya. His eyes, they light up when he's around you, or when you talk to him."

"They do?" I questioned. We walked into the classroom and Lucas, who usually gets there before Riley and I, wasn't in his seat.

"They do." Riley assured me.

Where's Lucas? Mr. Matthews has started class already and it's quite obvious that hes not going to be coming during this class period.

When the bell rang for us to change classes, I pulled out my phone and texted Lucas.

Riley was trying to assure me that he was probably just sick, but there was a little voice in the back of my head telling me that something much different was going on.

Lucas: I'll be back at school tomorrow.

Me: Lucas that's not what I asked! where. are. you.

I got to chemistry and the seat next to me was empty, because Lucas and I were lab partners. I couldn't check my phone for the whole forty-five minute class or else I risk getting it taken away.

"Maya relax, Lucas is fine." Farkle said walking over to my table and putting a hand on my shoulder.

I'm surprised he's not working on the assignment. Usually everyone is talking or up walking around to get equipment and he's working hard on whatever assignment we get.

"How do you know?" I sighed, tapping me pencil eraser on the desk.

"He's a strong guy, physically and mentally, he can handle anything that comes his way." Farkle said.

"Yeah, Maya, Farkle is right, don't worry too much about Lucas. He said he'll be back tomorrow."

I sighed and finished copying the notes out of our textbook.

At the end of the day, I still hadn't gotten a text back from Lucas, so I decided to walk to his apartment.

When I knocked on the door, no one came to answer it and that's when I started to get worried again.

Leaving his apartment building, I called Lucas' cell phone and I didn't get an answer, so I texted him again.

Me: Lucas where the heck are you! I know you're not at your house because I was just there! you have no idea how much anxiety I have because of you right now!!

Riley and Farkle were hanging out again, probably at Riley's house, so I went to Topanga's and sat there, anxiously waiting for a reply from Lucas.

I was tapping my foot and looking around the little café, when the door opened and in walked, of course, my dad.

"What happened to you?" I shouted, standing up from my seat. He had a cut on his bruised lip and a cut above his eyebrow. His knuckles seemed bruised and he had slight rips in his shirt.

God damn it Lucas...

"Your little boyfriend seemed to have a beef with me." He sat down where I was previously sitting and began to look at the menu.

"Well wouldn't you? If you saw some man grab someone you care about and they were being rude to them, wouldn't you have a problem?" I said in shock.

"He doesn't even know me." My dad said. He almost seemed cocky, like he'd done something he was proud of.

"He knows enough." I squinted at him. "Where is he?"

"Hell if I know." He laughed.

I groaned and ran out of the building, calling Lucas again.

"Hello?" He groaned.

"Holy crap, Lucas you sound like shit!" I exclaimed.

"I've never heard such language from you, little one."He chuckled.

"Lucas stop, this is not time for jokes! I saw my dad, what the hell did you two do?"

"Maya, calm down. I'm at my house now, come over and I'll explain." I hung up without responding to him and got to his house as fast as I could.

His mother told me that he's a bit banged up, but that he's laying down in his room.

"Oh my god!" I said when I saw Lucas.

"Shhh." He said holding his head. I shut his bedroom door and sat next to him.

"Lucas what did you do?" I ran my finger over the cut on his upper forehead, and the small one on the bridge of his nose.

"Well," He started. I placed my hand on his upper arm, and, under his long sleeves, felt a bandage on him. "I was on my way to school this morning, and I ran into your dad."

"Wait, ran into? You mean you ran into his fists, and he ran into yours?" I shouted, standing up off the bed.

"Maya wait." He motioned me to sit back down, which I did.

"I honestly tried to walk away, and I didn't even say anything at first, but your father recognized me and he said some things."

"What things?" I demanded.

"Some... not so nice things." Lucas stated nervously.

"Lucas just tell me! I can handle it." I laughed.

"Maya, no." Lucas said.

"Lucas please? He's my father, I can take it." Lucas sat up on his bed and was now sitting right infront of me.

"Maya, I hate to say it, but you were slightly wrong."

"What do you mean?" I asked. I tried to figure out what he was hinting towards, but I couldn't place my finger on it. Lucas sighed and grabbed both of my hands.

"Maya when I saw your dad this morning, he recognized me and stopped me. I tried to walk past him but he kept on stepping infront of me, saying we had unfinished business. Again, I tried to walk away, and I got a few feet away before he started saying stuff... about you." Lucas admitted. His thumbs were rubbing the backs of my hands and I chuckled a bit.

"What'd he say? He wasn't ready for a family? He couldn't handle having a kid? A kid like me?"

"No, Maya. He said that I was very lucky to have you." He took a deep breath in and it seems like he was having trouble breathing.

"I-I don't get it, how is that not nice?" I tried to pull my hands away from Lucas' but he reached for them again and held them tighter this time.

"Maya he said I was lucky to have you because you had a nice body..."

"What?" I whispered. My dad said that?

"He said that with how you've... developed... he's surprised at how modest you are and that he's surprised you're not pregnant."

I opened my mouth to speak, but I couldn't find any words to say! No matter how much I wanted to scream, I physically couldn't say anything.

"I asked him to stop, and he didn't. He said... other things, and I couldn't help it, Maya. I hit him."

"Lucas, I-" I couldn't help but crying. Crying infront of Lucas, not out of frustration, for the first time. Lucas sighed and wrapped his arms around me.

"I shouldn't have told you." Lucas sighed, though it sounded like he was angry.

"It's not your fault." I tried to contain my crying as I spoke to him.

Lucas tried to wipe the tears off my face, but I turned and hid in his sweatshirt and continued to ball my eyes out.

I probably looked like an idiot, but I didn't care. What kind of father says thing like that? Especially about their daughter! I should've listened to Lucas...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 75 8
𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 & 𝐣𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝'𝐬 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲. FINISHED! :)
67.7K 1.7K 24
What if Katniss and Peeta were allies from the beginning?
25.5K 1K 33
In this fan fiction, all if the characters in Supergirl are in high school. Kara is an alien from Krypton, Clark/Kal el had arrived only 14 years bef...