The Nerd

By Sugarminted

Water and Fire, the two opposite elements, when combined, they become neutral. Similarly, love and hate, when... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10-1
Chapter 10-2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12-1
Chapter 12-2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

The Nerd

45K 474 263
By Sugarminted

My life has been far from perfect .

Don't expect too much from me .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rain pelted down the sky like showers of cold water splashing down in buckets. The sky was gloomy and black, not to forget the lightnings and the thunders. Flashes of lightnings did not fail to make me jump out of my wits and thunders were deafening loud. I would say it was just the start of the stormy week. Monday blues, Monday blues, could this day get any worser? It was the first day of the term, which was awfully dreadful after a week of holidays. Today was the day the result slips were going to be given back. But first, let's settle the problem I have now.

Well, I didn't bring my umbrella to school.

You would have thought I came to school in car ? No, definitely wrong wrong wrong.

This was why I had been stuck under the tiny bus stop roof trying to avoid the rain splashes at all cost. I have specially sacrificed an hour of my precious sleeping time, picking on what to wear. I had on a pink dress that went down to my mid-thighs, and deciding that it wasn't comfy enough , I put on some skinny leggings. And not to mention that these were my new clothes. Sigh, why on all days, did it have to rain today! I cursed and swore as I walked to and fro the bus stop, waiting for the rain to stop.

But if I would have to wait for this never-ending rain to stop, it'll last 3 days and 2 nights. Ignore my exaggeration, but I would have to wait for someone to lend me an umbrella. Who would it be? The bus stop was just opposite my street, and there was no one in sight. Thanks to the storm, I muttered.  Just as I was about to give up and take a nap on the bench , a hooded guy walked past me and fished out his umbrella. 

"Excuse me, do you think I can share the umbrella with you?" I scratched my head, and took out my most persuadable puppy eyes. The hooded guy seemed to have ignored my pleading request, because he just stepped away and opened his umbrella.

"HEY! SHARE IT WITH ME!" I shouted once again, but he didn't even glance at me and started walking under the rain with his umbrella.

Me, being the never-late student , thought of being sent to the office for late. On the first day of school. Sure my school life from then on would suck. I couldn't care less and ran under the umbrella. Thick-skinned, I know right ? But this wasn't the time to be embarrassed or judge me. My life at school was at stake !

"You're just so desperate to walk with me, huh?" He finally spoke, and took of his hood. And there I was left, gawking at who I just saw.

I was actually shamelessly pleading the school's popular jock, Jarrell Harris Watsons.

Appalled, astounded, startled, flabbergasted. I was totally shocked.

"Can't keep your eyes off me?" He smirked. And those smirks were sexy as hell. One of those could make your legs turn jelly and I knew that staring at him wasn't  gonna make it any better.

"I was uh...shocked. What are you doing here ?!" I glared at him, even though I knew that his sexyashell look was making my anger melt down.

"Oh, you didn't want to see me? Wait...aren't you the nerd Rainie-"

"Stacey Brooke. Why?" Seriously, I was just thinking he was being nice trying  not to kick me out of the umbrella , and there he mentioned me being a nerd ! What's so wrong about being a nerd ?  Yes, I was angry, but part of me was jumping for joy. He knew my name! I gave a squeal in my heart.

"Then stop flirting with me, nerd."

"I would appreciate it if you would be a gentleman and give me your umbrella." I snatched his umbrella and sped past him, leaving him standing under the rain drenched. Served him right, I thought as a smile plastered across my face. This school day was getting worser , because I would have had to avoid him to save me from trouble. And probably I would be totally humiliated, argh.

Thinking about it , what's wrong with me? Why was I thinking about him? I slapped my face to get back to reality, and zoomed into my class. Thank god, Mr Browns wasn't there when I stepped into class. Just nice, the bell rang. Secretly laughing that the jock player would be late for school, I sat down and dried myself.

"Rainie, there you are! " Joanne screamed and pulled me into a hug .

"I....can't....breath..." I grasped her hands and pulled her off .

"JOANNE. YOU WERE GOING TO CHOKE ME TO DEATH." I glared at her .

"Sorry, Rainie. I guessed I missed you too much." She looked down in embarrassment with her lips pouted. Haha, this was why she was my best friend. Joanne and I had met since elementary school , and she lived two streets away from me. She was the totally opposite from me , not a nerd but neither those bitches. Just popular, I guess. She was gorgeous after all, her facial features were good enough to catch a boy. Not like me, who likes the nerd? With those geeky spectacles and weird dressings, I was never being noticed.

And I haven't officially introduced myself. My name's Rainie Stacey Brooke. My parents named me Rainie because I was born on a rainy day, thus the name's Rain-ie. They also mentioned something along the "showers of blessings" , therefore this weird name was being created on 24 November. I have very low self-esteem, practically zero. Joanne's my best friend and after this morning , I have to admit , that I am starting to have a crush on Jarrell Harris Watsons. 

And with the nerd's title comes with good grades. But my grades were as shitty as shit. Really embarrassing.

"Joanne Hales." Mr Browns called for the handing of results slips, and from Joanne's frown , mine was going to be worst.

"Rainie Stacey Brooke." Mr Browns shook his head as he handed me the results slip. "Buck up, girl." I could hear him muttering under his breath. Uh-oh .

Name: Rainie Stacey Brooke

Homeroom Teacher: Sherlock Homes Browns

Grade : 11

English - B

Maths- C

Biology- C

History - C

French - F

Physical Education- A

Oh my god. It really did suck. And after all these results came out, practically the whole class was laughing at me, knowing that a nerd didn't get any As. Well, except for physical education. Nothing much. I could hear bitches at the side of the class gossiping ," Awhh! Nerd didn't get any As! Except for physical education. I pity her." , and some of the boys laughing at me, " Joke. Nerd got her only A for Physical education ! " My heart plonked down with tears lingering at the edge of my eyes.

"Rainie , are you okay?" Joanne sat beside me, and I immediately pulled her into a hug, trying to hide my tears from the humiliation , though I was sure Joanne could sense that I was crying. " Why can't I just live normally ?" I sniffed and cried as Joanne comforted me with her hand patting on my back . Alot of people must have sensed that I was crying , but I don't care. I was a crybaby.

Recess came, and unfortunately it was time to meet Jarrell the jock player. Remember I took his umbrella this morning? I had it dried completely and folded it nicely to return to him. But it sure wasn't going to be an easy task. Normally, I would have stayed in the classroom to have my recess to save myself from getting unwanted attention, but today would be an exception perhaps. I looked around the canteen and finally spotted Jarrell.

I think he saw me too, because the smile on his face immediately wiped off into a frown. That means that one, I'm getting into trouble. Two, ready for being humiliated by him.

I strolled reluctantly towards his bench with his umbrella in his hand. He saw me coming and signalled his friends to watch me coming. Oh dear , oh dear, why did I even took his umbrella in the first place! And why, did I even wanted to return his umbrella to him? 

"Your...umbrella. " I shoved it into his laps, and immediately turned and walked away.

"Nerd." Someone called . Urgh, what does he want?!

"Wha...aaa...at? " I stammered in fear.

"Come here." He ordered me. I had no choice , as I walked towards him noticing that his gang of players were smirking at me. He was too. With his sexyashell signature smirk.

And then, before I could even take another step closer, I stepped on a puddle of water and fell. 

God, my butt hurts like shit. But it hurts more, from the humiliation. Everyone in the canteen turned to look at my drenched look and started laughing at me.

And who poured the water? None other than Jarrell Harris Watsons.

 -End of Chapter One-

Hey guys :)

Hoped you enjoyed the first chapter of this book. This is the first book I am writing, so do support me by voting and giving my constructive feedback. I'm really sorry for the weird names and introductions, I don't know a thing for creating names ! So if any of you can give me some good ones, I'll probably change it :) Don't hate Jarrell yet !

And I do know that this first chapter is really really really short. :( but it's okay , that means the second chapter will be longer ! -smiles-

I will update Chapter two if I do see some people enjoying the book :) I won't ask for too much, just hoped you like this story. This chapter is not edited yet , sorry for the mistakes :)

Thank you for reading , and please anticipate the next chapter :) <3

-sugarminted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99 47 17
Hi and Good day everybody! This is my newly created story. I apologize in advance if you notice any incorrect grammar or get confused in some parts o...
79 3 28
Jolie was the Queen bee of school, loud brash and centre of attention. Wayne was the Underdog, the backhand commenter, the covert class clown, the ki...
139K 4.9K 21
Xavier Coles lives a pretty normal life, apart from the fact his father is the word renowned MMA fighter Jaxon Coles. So when the Football team star...
4.8K 168 35
*COMPLETED* Alyssa Mcurth has spent her life ensuring that everything is perfect enough for her future. On weekends she studies and in her free momen...