Who is she?

By AnnaKendrickJiley

Maia is left on her own when her dad and twin sister, Alicia are caught in a car accident. Leaving her orphan... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 17

515 29 3
By AnnaKendrickJiley

Anna drove me and Kath home because after tonight she thought Kath wouldn't want me sleeping there. I said goodbye to Anna but I slipped her a note that had my phone number on it. She nodded and put it in her pocket.

"See you tomorrow Kath." She says but only getting a cold, sharp look back.

"Maia. What happened today then?" Kath asks, obviously no really caring about me.

"Well, I slept over at Anna's, we left early and in the car Anna's sister called and she's coming round in her-" I say before I get interrupted.

"Sounds great now make me a cup of coffee." Kath rudely 'asks'.

"Kath, it's late and you want coffee?" I say as she gives me an 'I don't care' look. "I'm going to bed now. Make your own." I march upstairs without even looking back.

I slam my door and get my phone out to find a message from Anna.

Text conversation:

Anna: You alive?
Maia: I think so.
Anna: I'm at work tomorrow but if you wanted you could ASK KATHLEEN and come with me.
Maia: why would I want to work with crying children???
Anna: ...
Maia: fine I'll ask but don't expect me to enjoy it.

I walk downstairs to find Kath drinking from a wine bottle. Like straight from the bottle.

"Hey Kath, can I go with Anna to the hospital. Of course I'll be safe because, hospital." I say gently, so she doesn't lash out at me like she normally does.

"Do what ever you like kiddo." She says smiling at me.

"Umm, ok thanks."

Text conversation

Maia: I can go. I think.
Anna: what do you mean 'I think'?
Maia: Well she's drunk...
Anna: just leave a note in your room, ok?
Maia: I will. See you at 9 Anna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Anna." I say as I get into her car.

"You did leave a note?" She asks. I follow my nodding. "Right." Anna says as she starts to drive. "I need you today to make me look good in front of an inspector."

"Seriously!?" I ask. "You want me to come to look good for you?!"

"Maybe..." She admits.

"Let's just go." I swiftly say.

When we arrive she guides me to a different part of the hospital. But before, she does, she hands me a lanyard I have to wear and continue to walk

We enter into a familiar department. Then it hits me. This is where my dad and Alicia died.

I look to my right to see the room where I first met Anna. Where she told me the news and comforted me. Where she told me I was staying with my Aunt Kathleen. Where my life fell apart, kinda.

"Right, look over there, the inspector. Act like you love me." Anna exclaims.

"Act? I don't need to act. But let's just get this day out if the way. Just means I closer to finding my mom."

A/N: I am SO SO SO SORRY! I said I'd post a chapter Saturday... Little did I know I would have dance exams all Sunday and MY GEOGRAPHY TEACHER I SWEAR WHY THAT BIG OF A HOMEWORK??!!!?!!

Very sorry, but I tried to make this as long as I could.

New chapter when this damn project is over ugh

- @AnnaKendrickAldc

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 5.1K 73
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
268K 6.1K 58
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
159K 5.8K 27
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
409K 5.5K 28
Emmett loves to be a rebel. He skips school to hang out, drink, and smoke with his two friends when suddenly he and his best friend are cornered and...