The Kuran Princess (1)

By itschayse

**UNDERGOING EDITING** Sakura is the unknown daughter of Juuri and Haruka Kuran. No one knows of her existenc... More

|| To New Readers ||
|| Prologue ||
|| Chapter One ||
|| Chapter Two ||
|| Chapter Three ||
|| Chapter Four ||
|| Chapter Five ||
|| Chapter Seven ||
Chapter Eight: The Sister
Chapter Nine: The Attack
Chapter Ten: The Choice
Chapter Eleven: Life of a Pureblood
Chapter Twelve: The Ball
Chapter Thirteen: Vow of a Pureblood
A/N: Sequel?
Chapter Fourteen: Memories
Chapter Fifteen: The Bite
Chapter Sixteen: The Third Kuran
Chapter Seventeen: Sister
Chapter Eighteen: A Brothers Love
Chapter Nineteen: Best Friends Forever
A Thank You and O.C. Contest
Chapter Twenty: The End of War
Sorry ;-; (And an Update)
Chapter Twenty-One: A New Threat
Book Two in the Making!!
The Kuran Queen is Uploaded!!

|| Chapter Six ||

12.2K 373 55
By itschayse

I returned to Cross Academy a week later after a small ceremony for my mother and some time to comfort my father. I had to be there for him even if it was a short amount of time. I knew he loved my mother dearly and I honestly didn't know how he'd handle it in the long run.

At least I saw her one last time, right? No, I still had a hole in my heart. My mother was always the one to comfort me, to sing to me, to protect me. Now she was gone in the blink of an eye.

When I got through the gates I was welcomed by Yuuki.

"Sakura, I'm so sorry," she said solemnly while hugging me.

"What did I miss?" I asked in a monotone voice, hiding the pain I was in.

"Well, we have a new teacher named Toga Yagari. He's a Vampire Hunter."

"Can't wait to meet him," I said sarcastically, trying to lighten the mood.

Yuuki giggled slightly and she led me to the Headmaster's Office. Apparently the headmaster requested to see me once I got back. As if I didn't have enough work to make up already.

"Sakura, can you go out to town and get some supplies?" he asked when Yuuki and I arrived.

"Alone? What if she gets in trouble? Who will help her?" Yuuki asked worried.

"It's okay, Yuuki. I can handle myself." I sent a small smile her way.

"Actually, Kaname said he wanted a little fresh air as well so he'll go with her."

My eyes went slightly wide with what headmaster just said. Was this some sort of prank? Why would he even want to come with me? Unless....

"Okay, headmaster, where is he?" I asked.

"He's waiting at the gates for you. You best get going so you can be back by sunset."

I nodded and headed out. Once I reached the gates I saw my brother.

"Hello, Sakura, I'm sorry for your loss," he said sincerely.

"At least I got to see her before she died," I murmured. "Are you ready to head out?"

"Of course."

We started to walk side by side. Of course we've done this before but I couldn't remember when.

•••

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kaname asked. "You look troubled."

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. Do you know what we need to get?"

"We need to go this way to get it." He pointed south and I followed him. As we got nearer and nearer to the place lesser people were around but that was not the majority of my worries.

"Kaname, do you sense something?"

Before he can respond the ground opened beneath us and sent us flying. Kaname quickly picked me up and put me safely on my feet. Once the debris cleared up I saw a young boy in the distance....and he seemed to have mismatched colored eyes.

All of the sudden I was frozen, paralyzed in shock. Why? I had never met this boy before, yet I was just standing here wide eyed as I was actually afraid of this boy. He was only a child, a vampire child, but a child nonetheless!

After her!

What was that just now? I had never heard this voice before and yet it felt so familiar. No, not familiar, evil.

I suddenly came back into reality when I felt the warmth of Kaname's hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay," he cooed kindly at me. He put me at ease and I slightly smiled.

"Good instincts, Kuran." The boy grinned. I had to keep my attention fixated on him. I must put my fear of him behind me. No matter what the reason for that fear was.

"I see you've switched bodies again," Kaname said with slight rage in his voice.

The boy's attention turned to me, ignoring Kaname's remark.

"I see someone special to you is here...." I felt someone breathing behind me so I quickly turned but he grabbed my wrist. He was too strong for me to pull away. "Someone....with the delicious scent of the Kuran blood." He suddenly began licking my wrist, to bite me and drink my blood. Kaname hastily grabbed his hand off of me, glaring at him.

"She looks confused, have you told her?" He chuckled.

I ripped my bracelet off my wrist and pointed Sunlight at him.

"I don't know who you are but leave," I hissed.

"Not until I get what I want."

He lunged at me but I blocked him with my rapier. I knocked him back into the wall before Kaname pinned him to it.

However, the boy simply grinned before I felt a sharp pain in the right side of my chest, making me spit up blood. I saw somewhat of a rope of blood going through my body. It forcefully got pulled out of me and I fell to my knees, losing consciousness moments later.

Kaname's POV

"She may not be a Pureblood but her blood will do for now."

He disappeared in a cloud of smoke. I couldn't go after him, even after he hurt her. I turned and saw Sakura on the ground motionless, with blood flowing down her chin. I gently touched her neck and I still felt a pulse, good.

Forget what Kaien wanted. I needed to get her to the Infirmary so she can get patched up and I'll tell her everything.

As I was hurriedly heading back to the academy with her in my arms, I heard her whisper something.... Kaname-nii-sama. It made me smile slightly. I hadn't heard her say those words since the day before she disappeared into the woods that horrible snowy night.

Sakura's POV

Kaname was out with father so it was only mother and I in the house. We were busy making him something special for his birthday.

"He's going to love all of this!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Of course he's going to, Sakura. His little eagle helped make it." I smiled and hung up the last decoration with mother's help. He was going to love this party. I even tried to make chocolate for him, I thought I succeeded.

"Here they come, hide!" mother muttered as she peaked out of the curtains. I hid behind the couch and she hid behind the chair. Kaname was the first to come in.

"SUPRISE!!!" mother and I yelled.

Kaname's eyes widened as a smile etched its way across his face. I ran up to him and gave him a big hug.

"Happy birthday, Kaname!"

"Thank you so much for this." He hugged me back. "You're the best family I could ever have."

•••

I awoke in a white bed. Great, back in the Infirmary. Once my vision cleared I saw Kaname sitting in a chair next to me.

"Did you take care of that vampire?" I asked.

"He got away but getting you here alive was more important," he said. "There's something  important I wish to discuss with you."

"Okay...." I was a little bit confused, maybe worried. Was he going to tell me about his connection to that boy? They seemed to know each other. Or...

"Have you been remembering things lately? Happy memories prior to age seven that you've had no recollection of before?"

I now knew what he's getting at. "Y-Yes..."

"Then surely you know," he said looking down.

I stayed silent for a few moments. "I-I do, Kaname. You're my...."

He stood up suddenly, making me look up at him with slightly widened eyes. He placed his hand on my cheek.

"Why do you seem so tense?" he asked gently.

"I....I didn't quite know how to talk to you about this before now." I looked away from him. "I...."

"For how long have you known?"

"Since the Level E attack on campus. I've had other recollections before, yet that time I heard—"

Kaname wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry you got hurt, my little eagle."

His action took me off guard for a brief moment before I returned the gesture. Being reunited with him gave me this happy feeling inside. It must've been hard to be separated from a sibling for ten years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 764 21
They cursed my existence from the moment they saw my eyes, Why? I never understood the reason. My red and blue eyes were always hated by my 'family'...
198K 5.9K 35
After your parents died 13 years ago, you were sent to live with your Aunt Diana and your Uncle Cain, whom you hated. They sent you away to school to...
2.3K 79 32
This is my version of Kaname's perspective on what happens if the vampire knight crossed over to the diabolic lovers universe and what really happens...
298K 5.7K 97
The Kuran Family is one of the strongest pureblood vampire race. All of the Vampire lineage up to the Hunter Association knows them and knows that th...