Trust Issues

By Its_Imani

Currently Being Edited. Book One: Armoni Jones, scarred but yet she still shines through. Raped as a teenager... More

Trust Issues (Characters)
Trust Issues (Armoni POV)
Trust Issues (Jerome POV)
Trust Issues (Chapter 1)
Trust Issues (Chapter 2)
Trust Issues (Chapter 3)
Trust Issues (Chapter 4)
Trust Issues (Chapter 5)
Trust Issues (Chapter 6)
Trust Issues (Chapter 7)
Trust Issues (Chapter 8)
Trust Issues (Chapter 9)
Trust Issues (Chapter 10)
Trust Issues (Chapter 11)
Trust Issues (Chapter 12)
Trust Issues (Chapter 13)
Trust Issues (Chapter 14)
Trust Issues (Chapter 15)
Trust Issues (Chapter 16)
Trust Issues (Chapter 17)
Trust Issues (Chapter 18)
Trust Issues (Chapter 19)
Trust Issues (Chapter 20)
Trust Issues (Chapter 21)
Trust Issues (Chapter 22)
Trust Issues (Chapter 23)
Trust Issues (Chapter 24)
Trust Issues Chapter 25
Trust Issues (Chapter 26 Part I)
Trust Issues (Chapter 26 Part II)
Trust Issues (Chapter 26 Part III)
Trust Issues (Chapter 27 Part I)
Trust Issues (Chapter 27 Part II)
Trust Issues (Chapter 27 Part III)
Trust Issues (Chapter 28 Part I)
Trust Issues (Chapter 28 Part II)
Trust Issues (Chapter 29)
Trust Issues (Chapter 30)
Trust Issues (Chapter 31)
Trust Issues (Chapter 32)
Trust Issues (Chapter 33)
Trust Issues (Chapter 34)
Trust Issues (Chapter 35 Part I)
Trust Issues (Chapter 35 Part II)
Trust Issues (Chapter 35 Part III)
Trust Issues (Chapter 35 Part IV)
Trust Issues (Chapter 36 Part I)
Trust Issues (Chapter 36 Part II)
Trust Issues (Chapter 36 Part III)
Trust Issues (Chapter 37)
Trust Issues (Chapter 38)
Trust Issues (Chapter 39)
Trust Issues (Chapter 40 Part I)
Trust Issues (Chapter 40 Part II)
Trust Issues (Chapter 40 Part III)
Trust Issues (Chapter 40 Part IV)
Trust Issues (Chapter 41 Part I)
Trust Issues (Chapter 41 Part II)
Trust Issues (Chapter 41 Part III)
Trust Issues (Chapter 41 Part IV)
Trust Issues (Chapter 42)
Trust Issues (Chapter 43)
Epilogue Part I
Epilogue Part II
Epilogue Part III
Epilogue Part IV

Trust Issues (Chapter 28 Part III)

227K 3.5K 1.6K
By Its_Imani

Tiana ☝🏽

Armoni POV:

I turned around and looked at Tiana for a few seconds. I looked at her long enough for us to make eye contact and for her to realize that it was me, I made sure to look at the other three girls that came in with her as well. I wanted them to know that I saw them and that my ass was not scared. I turned around and focused my attention back on my nails.

I wasn't going to address her or cause a scene simply because we were in a public place and I had Aaliyah with me. I had honestly brushed her and what she said about me off, but by the look on her face she still had some animosity towards me.

I just prayed that she didn't try me today. I was honestly trying to turn over a new leaf because this fighting shit was getting old and it wasn't a good look on my part. I had too much going for me to be out here fighting and carrying on like my parents didn't raise me better.

I was cooling and simply minding my business when I heard my name being mentioned. At first I thought I was tripping but I kept hearing my name being tossed around like a game. My ears perked up and I tuned my attention into their conversation but remained facing away from them. It didn't take me long to realize that Tiana and her friends were on Facebook live, and she was running her damn mouth about me, again.

I could feel myself getting pissed so to hold my composure I just tuned Tiana and her friends out. The devil was not about to win today. As my nail technician was working on shaping the nails on my left hand, my phone vibrated. It was Tatiyana and Andrea in a group message.

Andrea🖤: I know y'all hear that hoe running her mouth
Tatiyana💕: she's about to get DRUG

I'm trying to ignore it, we're in public.

Tatiyana💕: Well .... Let me know when u ready to throw hands

Not in front of Li.
You know she's bougie and I don't wanna scare her 😂😂

Tatiyana💕: lmao very bougie
Tatiyana💕: send her to the car w drea so we can get it popping. I'm not about to listen to her call u too many more bitches or hoes
Andrea🖤: why I gotta go to the car 😒 I wanna fight too
Tatiyana💕: not with that baby in your damn stomach!

Nobody is fighting. Imma be the bigger person and just ignore it 😕

Andrea🖤: my Mookie is growing up 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Tatiyana💕: 🙄🙄 speak for yourself .. she got one more time to say something I don't like and I'm popping off on that ass

"Go wash hands." My nail technician, Lisa told me, gesturing to the sinks on the opposite side of the salon. I placed my phone on the station and got up from the comfortable chair. After walking by Tiana and her friends, I made my way to the sinks.

I washed my hands at the sink with soap and water and used a clean brush to brush away the glue and acrylic before washing my hands again and drying them off on a towel. I made eye contact with Tiana the whole way back to my seat.

"You got a problem?" Tiana asked me as she stood up from her seat in the waiting area and approached me. I looked behind her and noticed her friend was recording, she was most likely on Live.

"No, but it's clear you do." I replied simply.

"Ma'am, go sit down, I finish with my client." Lisa told Tiana.

"Shut up Ching Ching." Tiana said smacking her lips before focusing her attention back on me. "I don't appreciate you pulling that hoe shit with my nigga." She told me as she stepped closer and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Nothing happened between me and your nigga though." I said cocking my head to the side and looking at her like she was dumb. "Tray and I are friends, that's it." I added.

"Why lie?" She asked shrugging.

"Lie for what? What do I have to lie for?" I asked as I shook my head.

"I found your shit in his dr-"

"And Tray clearly told you why my stuff was in the dryer. You really mad for no damn reason. Nothing happened!" I snapped. Tiana started all this shit with me and it could've been easily avoided and that's what had me pissed the most. The fact that she was hyping this baby ass situation up on social media when this all could've been dealt with and squashed.

"Even if nothing happened, you shouldn't have been all up in his crib without me being there." She said getting loud with me.

"That don't have nothing to do with me. Take that up with Tray, he invited me and I accepted his invitation." I said raising my voice.

"Bitch I don't know who the fuck-"

"Get your hands off me!" I said cutting her off. She was poking my chest with every word and it was taking everything in me not to swing on her right now. She smirked before doing it again and I smacked her hand away from me.

"Oh, so you bold now? Bitch don't push my muthafuckin hand." She yelled.

"Ma'am, you leave. Now. Right now." Lisa said coming around her station and trying to get Tiana to leave.

"You thought I was supposed to be okay with you poking your finger in my damn chest? Girl get the fuck out my face." I spat as I mugged her.

"Do something about it." She laughed. I didn't respond or move a muscle, so she took that as the initiative to laugh in my face. "That's what I thought hoe. Lil scary ass bitch." She chucked before placing her hand in my face and then roughly pushing my head back.

"Call police! Call police! Call police!" I heard Lisa screaming.

"Bitch!" I yelled as I swung on her. I managed to get two good hits in before she grabbed me around my waist and tried to tackle me to the ground. My feet were planted so I wasn't going anywhere. "Shit!" I yelled, when I felt her biting the shit out of my stomach. I began punching her in the back of her head, trying to get her off of me. I finally lifted my knee up and kneed her in the face, causing her to release me.

As soon as her teeth released my stomach, her mouth found its way to my finger and she bit down and wouldn't let go. I used my other hand to grab her hair and pull her away from my damn finger.

"Jump in if you want to bitch." I heard Tatiyana dare one of the other girls. "I promise you'll regret it."

"Hit me bitch!" I yelled. I was getting frustrated with Tiana because she wasn't hitting me. She did all this shit talking and disrespectful mess to only bite me and push me around. What kind of sad ass fight was this supposed to be?

I could hear police sirens approaching and I was honestly over this but Tiana was still trying to go. I finally used all my strength to push her away from me, but she came back at me and punched me in the forehead. She grabbed my ponytail and hit my head against the wall that separated part of the shop. I grabbed her by her neck and choked her while my punches landed all over her face.

"Break it up ladies, break it up!" An officer said loudly as I felt myself being pulled away from Tiana. We were led outside to different areas of the parking lot and questioned. After talking to the officer, he sat me in the back of the police car while he went to talk to his partner and the salon owner.

I sat in the back of the car for almost half an hour before the officer came back. "You can step out of the car, ma'am." He instructed me as he helped me out. "From hearing your side of the story and taking statements from the witnesses and the salon owner, you did not initiate the fight. You were attacked, correct?" He said making me nod my head. "Would you like to press charges?"

"Yes I do." I replied. Normally I wasn't the type to press charges but I felt like being petty. Not only did Tiana get an ass whoooing, but she was about to take these bad ass charges too. I might as well start messing with Tray now too, to really fuck her head up.

"Okay, let me get you something to clean that up with and I'll take your statement." He said pointing to my finger. I hadn't even noticed that my finger was bleeding, from where Tiana bit me. I noticed I had a blood stain on my shirt as well. I lifted it, to see the big ass bite mark that was there. I couldn't help but to cringe when I saw it. That dog ass bitch. Hoe must've been hungry. Officer Morgan gave me an alcohol wipe and a bandaid to put on before taking my statement.

Once I had finished up business with Officer Morgan, I went back into the nail salon to find Tatiyana, Andrea, and Aaliyah. "Mama I was so scared I-" Aaliyah cried as she ran up to me, as soon as I stepped through the door.

"I'm sorry I scared you baby. I'm okay." I told her as I hugged her and kissed the top of her head. This is exactly why I didn't want to make a scene in front of her. I knew she'd be scared and I didn't want her to look at me differently. Especially since I'm always preaching to her the opposite of what went down today.

I looked up and was surprised to see Jerome standing in front of me. "What are you doing here?" I asked him with a small frown on my face. I honestly didn't feel like getting a speech from him about fighting, again. Especially not right now. I wanted nothing more than to just get in the bed and lay there. Now that I had calmed down, I was starting to feel the pain of what happened. My finger was throbbing, my stomach was sore, and my head was banging.

"I called him up here, Li wouldn't stop crying so he calmed her down." Tatiyana spoke up, making me feel guilty for scaring Aaliyah.

"It wasn't my fault, I wa-"

"I know, I'm not mad." He said cutting me off as he chuckled. "I'm just checking on you, you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright. My finger and stomach hurt like hell though." I mumbled.

"What you mean? What happened?" He frowned.

"The bitch bit me." I huffed.

"That shit looks broken, you may need to get that checked out." Jerome said holding my hand and examining my finger. The bite mark was covered by a bandage but my finger looked crooked.

"I need to go get a damn tetanus shot." I said rolling my eyes. "I don't even wanna look at the bite mark on my stomach." I sighed.

"Let's go, I'll take you to the emergency room." He offered.

"Wait, let me go talk to Lisa before we go." I told him. I really wanted to apologize to her for causing that big ass ghetto scene in her place of business. This was honestly my favorite nail shop, I'd been coming here for years and I didn't want to get banned.

"Mookie you okay?" Lisa asked, placing her hand on my shoulder and looking me over, as I approached her.

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you. I'm so sorry about that, I didn't mean for all of that to happen." I apologized. Nothing like that will even happen again." I apologized sincerely.

"Not your fault, don't worry. Sit, I fix your nails." She said guiding me back to her chair. I just shrugged my shoulders and sat down. All that was left to do was paint my nails so I might as well let her finish. Thankfully none of my nails broke during the altercation. Nothing hurts worse than breaking a nail, especially if your real nail breaks too.

"So how about Tiana's friends were taken to jail too because they all had warrants." Andrea informed me as she sat down in the empty chair beside me.

"That's what they get. Instigating, messy ass hoes." I said rolling my eyes. It didn't take long for Lisa to finish up my nails.

"They took Tiana to the hospital but after that she's getting taken right to county." She told me, making me roll my eyes. I didn't even do that much damage to the damn girl because I couldn't fight her like I wanted to. She was too busy trying to eat me.

"I promise I'm pressing charges. I'm going to court to testify and everything. Bitch pissed me off." I mumbled.

While I was getting my nails finished, Andrea offered to take Aaliyah back to the apartment with her so she wouldn't have to sit and wait in the emergency room. Tatiyana had to leave because she had a client. Since Andrea rode here with Yana, I let her take my car.

"You serious about getting that damn shot?" Jerome asked me, while I waited for my nails to dry.

"Am I serious? Jerome, that bitch could have something! I'm not taking no chances." I said frowning instantly.

"Calm down, I was just asking." He chuckled.

"Wait, don't you have to go to work? Aren't you supposed to be there a-"

"Nah, I called in. Had to make sure that my lil baby was straight." He said, making me blush. We sat in silence for a few minutes before he spoke up again. "Ya nails dry?"

"I think so. Check." I said holding my hand out to him. He lightly ran his fingers across my nails.

"They dry, lets go." He said getting up quickly. Once I paid for Li and I, I made sure to leave Lisa a nice tip before Jerome and I left. "Come on Savage, let's get you to the hospital in case you got rabies or some shit." Jerome said leading the way out of the nail salon and to his car.

"Shut up Jerome." I mumbled. The ride to the hospital was filled with a comfortable silence between us while the radio was playing in the background. That punch to the forehead had my head throbbing and I honestly just wanted to take my ass to sleep.

Thankfully when we arrived to the hospital it wasn't busy. I filled out paperwork before going to sit in the waiting area. "I can still take you out tonight?" Jerome asked me.

"Depends on if I have rabies or not." I replied.

"I'm just glad she didn't fuck up your face too bad. You got a lil bruise forming but that's it. I would've whooped her black ass myself if she would've messed up my baby's face." He said rubbing his thumb along my cheek.

"Me too." I mumbled as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"This how I really know you not feeling good." He chuckled as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his chest.

"My head hurts and I'm starting to get dizzy." I admitted.

"She might've given you a concussion Noonie. You say she punched you in the forehead and made you hit your head." He said making me slowly nod my head. "Yeah, that sound like a concussion. You're probably just now feeling it because your adrenaline was pumping earlier." He explained.

"Armoni Jones."

I gathered my things and with Jerome's help, we followed her to the back and into one of the examination rooms. I was grateful Jerome was with me because my balance was off and it honestly felt like I was having an outer body experience. My head was spinning like crazy.

After getting all of my information, measuring my height, weighing me, and asking a shit load of questions the nurse left the room. Since I was dizzy, the nurse had me to lay down on the examination table. "Aw my baby don't feel good." Jerome mumbled, hovering over me with a pout on his face.

"Stop Jerome." I huffed. He was all in my face kissing on me and bothering me. He placed a kiss on my lips and I wiped it off.

"I know you didn't just wipe off my kiss. You got me fucked up." He said smacking his lips as he grabbed my face and kissed my lips repeatedly until I finally pushed him away.

"You get on my nerves." I mumbled as I tried to fight the smile that was creeping on my lips. As much as I tried to deny it, this boy had a hold on me. It was just something about him.

Shortly after, the doctor came in and examined me. He confirmed Jerome's suspicions and diagnosed me with a concussion. I ended up having to have my finger popped into place and I received six stitches on my stomach. To say that I felt like shit, was an understatement.

"You wanna stop and get something to eat before I take you home?" Jerome asked me. I shook my head and he gasped. "Yeah, you sick as hell to be turning down food. My poor baby." He cooed as he placed his hand on my thigh and rubbed it. I didn't respond, I just laid my head on the window and closed my eyes.

Once we got to my parents house, Jerome carried me up to my room and got me situated. He'd given me some pain killers and an ice pack for my head. "You want me to stay?"

"No, I'll be fine." I mumbled.

"Okay, I'll stay." He said kicking off his shoes and getting into the bed with me, making me smack my lips. He smirked before leaning up and kissing my cheek.

"There's extra blankets and pillows in the hall closet." I told him. I didn't want him under the covers with me just in case one of my parents decided to bust in here. I didn't want to give them the wrong idea.

"You mind if I turn the TV on?" He asked.

"Go ahead." I replied. After he turned the TV on and settled onto ESPN, he pulled me into his side. He was sitting against my headboard and my head was resting in his lap.

As soon as his hands began to massage my scalp, I was out. Jerome may not be the best boyfriend in the world, but he's definitely a good friend to me and I can always count on him no matter what.

Jerome POV:

"I won't forget baby." I told Mookie as I pulled up to the gate of the warehouse. Black let me through and I drove to the back lot to park my car, so it wouldn't been seen if somebody rode by. It was one of Man's safety precautions.

Aaliyah was with Zyonn and my Mama for the weekend, at a church retreat and wouldn't be home until Sunday evening. So I was kid free for two more days. Mookie was still living at her parents house. I lowkey didn't know what to do with myself since both my babies were out of the house.

"Okay, see you later." She replied, making me smirk. It's been three months since her fight at the nail salon. Mookie was still being stubborn as hell by being at her parents house and we still weren't officially back together but we were  building up our friendship and working on our relationship. I was wearing her down and I was glad, I missed my baby like hell and I was doing everything in my power to show her that I was serious about us. I wanted my girl back.

"Alright Noonie, love you." I told her before hanging up the phone. I locked my car up and approached the back door. I typed in my code and allowed the pad to scan my thumbprint before the door opened.

"The King is in the building! Wassup boy?" Big said greeting me with a handshake and a hug. He was standing guard at the back door with his big ass rifle and two huge ass Great Danes by his side.

"Shit nothing. What's good with you?" I replied.

"Waiting on my son to get here. Tracy's due at any moment. I'm just waiting on the call." He said making me frown.

"Nigga why you doing here if ya lady about to give birth?" I asked, looking at him like he had lost his mind. I know for a fact that if Noonie was in labor and I was at the trap while she was preparing to bring our child into the world, I'd never hear the end of it. No doubt she'd beat my ass after giving birth.

"My shift ain't over for another three hours. I'll be straight. Tracy can hold her legs together or something until I get there." He said making me shake my head. Big is the true definition of a dedicated and loyal worker. This nigga has been working for Man for damn near ten years and has never missed a shift. Even when he's not on duty, he'll come if one of us calls.

"Good luck on the little one. Hopefully Tracy don't give you too much hell." I told him as I patted his back.

"Right." He chuckled. "Man is waiting for you downstairs in the basement." He informed me.

"Preciate it." I nodded. I made my way through the trap, passing up the naked bitches that were cooking up the dope.

"Hey King." Some broad called to me from the work room.

"Do ya job hoe." I yelled back. I heard her smack her teeth as the other girls laughed at her. I knew better than to fuck with any of these busted ass hoes in here.

I went into the office and changed out of my street clothes into a plain black shirt and a pair of black sweatpants. I jogged downstairs and was met with the strong smell of marijuana.

"It's about time yo bitch ass got here." Man complained as I finished getting dressed. I stepped into my rubber boots before putting on my rubber apron and gloves.

"You know this man ain't never on time." Mike joked, making me flip him off.

"I was busy." I shrugged. I figured I wouldn't tell Man that I was running late because I lost track of time due to me being face deep in his sister's pussy. Mookie was playing games with a nigga. She would never make the first move but she never stopped my advances.

Mookie would let me eat her pussy, kiss all on her, take her out, spend time with her, take up all my attention, spoil her, and buy her shit but the moment I mention us getting back into an actual relationship, she's running. I feel like I'm being used but I know I'm wearing her down, so I don't have too much of a problem with it.

"Busy my ass." He scoffed. "Let's get to work, I got shit to do." He said as we approached our first victims of the day.

"Hello Trina." I smirked. She was tied to a chair with her mouth tapped up. I ripped the tape from her mouth and she screamed out in pain. This room was soundproof so no one could hear her.

"Jerome don't do this. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." She cried hysterically as tears poured out of her eyes.

"You wasn't begging when you spit on my girl or sent her to jail." I shrugged.

"I didn't mean it, swear." She sobbed.

"Aw, that's unfortunate." I said nonchalantly as I grabbed a pair of old rusty pliers from the metal tray beside me. "On the way over here I was thinking to myself, why not get creative with you. Your mouth and your hands cause you a lot of trouble so why not fix that for you." I shrugged.

After three hours, I had successfully pulled out all of Trina's teeth and ripped her tongue out with a pair of pliers as she screamed in pain. After that I proceeded to remove each of her fingers, one by one. I made sure to burn and char her fingertips so she couldn't be identified by her prints.

She was still alive but she had passed out due to th amount of pain she was feeling. Her poor little body couldn't take it. Oh well.

I disposed of her teeth and fingernails so her body wouldn't be identifiable before letting the dogs eat her alive. After the dogs were done with her, the clean up crew would dismember her and burn her body to ashes.

Usually I would dismember my victims myself, but I promised Mookie I wouldn't kill anybody else. So I was trying to keep my word. She made me promise not to kill anyone else but she didn't say I couldn't torture them.

"Phew. I'm tired as shit." Mike exhaled as we walked back to the office. While I took care of Trina, Mike handled her twin Tasha. Emanuel was still down there working on some niggas that were costing him money because they smoked up his supply.

"Me too. Im still tired from practice. Two a days is killing my ass. I wanna go home and take a fat ass nap." I sighed.

"Go take a nap then nigga, I know I am. Eat a lil something, lay up in some pregnant pussy and then knock out for the rest of the day." He said making me shake my head as I laughed. All him and Andrea do is lay up and fuck. I'm glad his room is downstairs so I don't have to hear them when they go at it all day and night.

"I'm supposed to be taking Mookie on a date and her spoiled ass gon cry if I cancel on her." I said rolling my eyes.

"Nigga don't play with my little sister. Ya ugly ass probably had to beg her to go out with your clingy ass." He said smacking his lips.

"Fuck you." I replied, flipping him off. We went our separate ways so we could shower and get out of here. Before leaving, I caught up with Man to check in with him about business. We briefly chopped it up before I headed home so I could get ready to take Mookie out tonight.

Once I got home, I chilled for a little bit before I finally got ready. After making sure that I was looking good and smelling good, I locked up and left the apartment. I needed to go pick up Mookie's gift before picking her up from her parents house. It wasn't a special occasion, I just wanted to show her how serious and I was about her and committing to this relationship.

"You ready baby, I'm about to head your way now." I told her as I got into my car and started it up.

"Almost, I still need to finish my hair and do my makeup." She said making me roll my eyes. I swear this girl takes forever and three days just to get ready.

"Okay baby, I'll be there in about twenty. That enough time?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I should be ready by then." She replied. When she said that, I automatically knew I'd probably have to wait at least ten minutes for her by the time I got to her house.

"Alright Noonie, I'll see you when I get there." I told her.

"Okay Jerome." She agreed. I stopped by the store to pick up some flowers and her favorite candy for her. By the time I got to her house, forty five minutes had passed since we last talked and this girl still wasn't ready. I was in the living room chilling with Leland and her Pops. Mama D was at work and Leilani was out with her little friends.

"How's ball going, son?" Pops asked me as he handed me a bottle of water. Eric has always been a positive role model and somebody that I could look up to. Before I even knew he was Mookie and Man's dad, I would always see him around the neighborhood.

He would come to the little league basketball games that the YMCA held during the summer. His mechanic business would sponsor the kids on the teams that didn't have the money for the uniforms. His business is the reason I was still able to play basketball after my Dad died and Mama started slacking.

"It's going good so far. Coach got us doing three hour two a days." I informed him, making him let out a whistle.

"It's like that for football too. We be in that hot ass sun all day." Leland said.

"Gotta work hard for what you want." I chuckled.

"Yep. I remember them days." He said shaking his head, with a small smile on his face.

"You played ball?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Shoot yeah." He chuckled. "I started playing basketball when I was about Aaliyah's age. My senior year in high school I had an injury that ended my career. I had a full ride scholarship and everything."

"Dang, I'm sorry to hear that." I frowned. I don't know what I would do without basketball. It's always been my outlet and all my worries and troubles go away when I have the ball in my hands and I step out on that court.

"No worries. My first true love was cars so I was still able to make a way for my family and still do something I love." He shrugged.

"I'm ready, Jerome." Mookie called as she came walking down the stairs. "What are y'all down here talking about?"

"Grown men business." Leland replied.

"Boy got a lil hair on his lip and he swear he grown." Pops chuckled, making me laugh.

"Only got a few more months until I'm 18 Pops. Don't hate." He smirked.

"Only a few more months until you get the hell out of my house too." Pops mumbled, making Leland smack his lips and as Mookie and I laughed.

"That's foul Pops. I'm telling Mama on you. You wrong." Leland said shaking his head as he left the living room. "See you Mookie, bye Jerome. Take care of my big sister, nigga." He called as he waved his hand while walking up the stairs to his room.

"I gotchu bro." I yelled to him.

"So what are y'all's plans for tonight?" Pops asked looking back and forth between the two of us.

"Nothing too extravagant, just dinner and a movie. Maybe go out for ice cream after the movie for dessert." I replied.

"Hm. I expect you to have my baby girl home at a reasonable hour." He said narrowing his eyes at me.

"Daddy stop it." Mookie whined.

"I'm just saying." He shrugged.

"I'll be home in a few hours Daddy." She told him as she leaned up to kiss his cheek before wrapping her arms around him.

"Okay, y'all be safe. I'll keep my phone on in case you need me." He said putting his arm around Mookie and kissed her temple.

"Okay Daddy, goodnight." She chuckled. He picked up his glass of sweet tea and headed up the stairs. Once he was gone, I focused my attention on her. I couldn't help but to admire how succulent her thighs looked in those white pants and how juicy her titties looked.

"You're all dressed up. Should I go change into something else?" She asked with a slight frown on her face.

"Naw, you look beautiful." I smirked as I picked up the bouquet of flowers from the couch and handed them to her. "This is for you." I told her as I handed her the flowers and king sized snickers bar, making her smile.

"Aw. Thank you Jerome." She grinned. I hate to admit it, but I missed her calling me Pookie. I was sick of hearing Jerome come from her lips. Once she put her flowers up, we headed outside to my car. Just as we were getting into the car, Leilani pulled into the driveway like a damn madman.

"Hey guys, bye guys!" She yelled as she got out the car and damn near ran into the house. I looked at my watch and noticed she was late for her curfew by two minutes.

"She better be glad Mama isn't here." Mookie laughed as I got into the car. Mama D is most definitely more strict than Eric is. My parents were the opposite, Mama was the nice one and my dad was the disciplinarian of the two. We knew not to cause any problems because there would've been hell raised.

"Mm. You smell good Noonie." I told her. This wasn't anything new, Mookie always smelled good. Even after running a damn marathon and being drenched in sweat she still smelled edible.

"Thanks. This is the one you picked out from Victoria's Secret." She informed me, making me smirk.

"Oh. So you was trying to smell good for me tonight, huh?" I asked, making her smack her lips as she hit my arm.

My hand rested comfortably on Mookie's thigh while the other drove us to Pappadeaux. I had a taste for seafood. Mookie had some girly ass cry baby shit playing on the radio so I tuned it out and focused on the road. "This okay with you?"  I asked her as I pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant.

"Yeah, this is fine." She nodded. We walked into the restaurant and surprisingly there was no wait. We were seated in a booth towards the back of the restaurant. "Jerome you know I need my space when I eat." She said eyeing me as I sat next to her in the booth.

"I know. I'll go to my side when the food gets here." I lied. My arm was wrapped around her waist and my big ass was leaned against her body. My head rested on her shoulder as we scrolled through her Instagram talking about people. Normally when I'm with her, I'll make her put her phone up so I can have all of her attention but right now I was just glad to be with her so I didn't care.

"How was your day?" I asked her, once she finally put her phone away in her purse.

"It was okay, same ol stuff." She shrugged. Mookie had a busy day today, first she had to go to work, then she had two classes, and after that she had practice. "Thank you again for lunch, by the way." She smiled.

"Your welcome baby. Thank you for dessert." I said kissing her cheek, making her blush. One of her classes ended early so we went out to lunch and we somehow ended up going back to my place. She just happened to be casually sitting on my face and I accidentally slipped my tongue inside of her.

"How was practice?" She asked, changing the subject.

"It was straight." I mumbled. "I'm tired as hell though." I admitted. I had practice for six hours today, two classes, and then I had to handle Trina's ass.

"You didn't have to bring me if you were tired. We could've rescheduled Jerome." She told me, making me roll my eyes.

"Well I wanted to see you." I shrugged.

"Aw, you missed me?" She cooed as she pinched my cheeks.

"Don't play with me." I mumbled, smacking her hands away from my face.

"Okay, I'm sorry." She laughed.

"If we advance, are you coming to my playoff games?" I asked her. Our team was looking pretty good this year and we might be looking at getting a championship this year.

"You know I never miss one of your games. Of course I'll be there." She replied.

"Even if we gotta go all the way to Arizona?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Duh Jerome." She scoffed. "You came and supported me at my meets so I'm gonna do the same for you."

"You love me?" I asked her as I licked my lips, making her blush. I knew Mookie loved me, although she hadn't said it yet. It said it in her actions. I knew she was holding out on telling me she loved me, to be petty, so I wasn't really pressing the issue.

"Yes." She admitted, making me smirk.

"Then tell me, nigga." I demanded, making her laugh softly. I couldn't help but to admire her. She was so perfect. She had a pretty face, a beautiful smile, a genuine spirit, a pure heart and a dope ass personality. I wasn't trying to let her go anytime soon. This girl was stuck with me for life whether she wanted to be or not. My main mission is to get her pregnant as soon as possible. Impregnate is the goal.

"I love you." She said softly as she looked at my lips. She unknowingly leaned closer to me as her eyes remained fixated on my lips.

"I can't hear you." I sang softly.

"I love you Jerome." She told me, making me smile.

"Oh, you do?" I asked pretending to be shocked.

"Yes Jerome, I do." She said playfully rolling her eyes at me.

"I love you more Noonie." I mumbled against her lips, before softly kissing her. As soon as we separated, our waitress appeared to take our orders.

After dinner, we still had time to waste before the movie started so we went into Walmart to get snacks. "I'll buy the snacks and stuff since you're paying for the movie tickets." Mookie offered. I ignored her and got a basket.

"What kinda snacks you want?" I asked her. I knew she couldn't have been too hungry since her ass got two entrees for dinner.

"I just want a pint of ice cream." She answered.

"You really finna sneak some damn ice cream into the movies?" I asked smacking my lips as I looked at her.

"Yeah. Why?" She asked with a frown.

"Nothing baby, let's get your ice cream." I said shaking my head as I headed into the direction of the ice cream aisle.

"Wait, let me get in the basket so you can push me." She said stopping me. "Pick me up." She instructed, making me roll my eyes. I picked her up and placed her in the basket gently. I should've dropped her ass in there but I didn't want to hear her mouth.

"You so fucking spoiled. Aggravating ass girl." I mumbled as I pushed her grown ass around the store like a little kid. We decided to get her ice cream last because we still had more than half an hour before the movie started and she didn't want her ice cream to be melted by the time the movie got started. So the two of us roamed around Walmart putting random shit in our basket for thirty minutes.

Once we wasted enough time, we checked out and I drove the short distance to the movie theater. She placed her ice cream, my candy and my drink into her purse and we got in line to purchase the movie tickets. We both went to the bathroom before going into the theater so we wouldn't have to go during the movie.

We were still a little early but I liked to be early so I wouldn't have to walk in while it was dark. One of my biggest fears is busting my ass at the movies in front of all those damn people. I'm glad we waited to come see this movie because we beat the crowds. There were only five other people in the theater with us.

We sat at the top row, in the middle to be away from everybody. I made myself comfortable; I lifted the arm rest that was between me and Mookie and leaned my body on her, while my legs hung off the chair in front of me. Her titties were so soft, they felt like pillows. It didn't help that she was rubbing my head, I was in heaven.

Once the lights went out, Mookie brought out all of the snacks but I never even got a chance to eat mine because three minutes into the previews, I was knocked the hell out.

"Noonie, why you didn't wake me up?" I asked her as we walked out of the movie theater. I missed the whole damn movie.

"Because I knew you were tired, babe." She shrugged. "You were sleeping so good, I didn't want to wake you." I can't even lie and say that I didn't sleep good as hell. Mookie had a wet stain on my shirt from my slobber so I know I had to be snoring too.

"Babe, huh?" I asked, making her roll her eyes as she tried not to blush.

"Shut up Jerome, you knew what I meant." She mumbled.

"Naw, I didn't." I said grabbing her hand and making her turn around to look at me before she could get in the car. "When you gon' stop playing with me? You know I love you and I wanna be with you." I told her sincerely as I stood directly in front of her.

"And I love you too, I just- never mind." She said cutting herself off and crossing her arms over her chest as she looked down.

"No, talk to me. Tell me." I told her as I lifted her chin to where we were making eye contact with each other.

"It's nothing." She mumbled.

"Baby tell me, for real. I wanna know what's on your mind. You know you can be honest with me." I said unfolding her arms and stepping closer to her.

"I just don't wanna be dumb behind you. I'm not trying to look stupid by giving you another chance. I do love you but I'm not trying to be put into a situation to be hurt by you again." She explained to me.

I couldn't lie and say that I didn't blame her for feeling that way. I've done some shit while we've been together that I'm not proud of but I can't go back and change the past. I can only improve and learn from the mistakes I've made and be the best boyfriend and father I can be.

"You get outta hand sometimes with the shit you say to me and sometimes your actions are petty and childish. You take stuff too far when you get mad and it makes me not want to be around you. Our relationship is unhealthy and toxic Jerome. I don't know, I just like being your friend right now."

She had a point but in my head we were still in a relationship. The only difference was, she moved out and we don't have the relationship title, other than that, nothing has changed.

"Baby, I get what you're saying and you're totally right. I don't blame you for feeling how you feel. I did that to you and all I can do is own up to my wrongs and try to make things right with us. But, we do the same things we did when we were together. The only thing that has changed is our living arrangements and the fact that you don't claim me anymore."

"Bu-"

"We still talk every day, we spend the same amount of time together, we go on dates with each other, you still let me kiss on you, touch you, eat your pussy, you still helping me with my daughter, and everything. Nothing has changed baby. We never really broke up." I listed off to her. Realistically, we'd only been actually broken up for about two weeks before things went back to normal between us.

"Well then maybe things do need to change." She said shifting her weight to one leg.

"That's not what I meant Armoni." I sighed as I stepped away from her. "But it's cool, I get it. If you don't wanna be with me, you don't have to. We can put a stop to whatever this is right now. I'm not tripping, I tried."

"Jerome it's not that, I ju-"

"Mookie its cool, you don't have to explain. I get it." I said cutting her off, before she could even get her thoughts out. "Come on and get in the car so I can take you home before Pops come looking for you." I said going around to the other side of the car.

Once we got into the car, I immediately backed out of the parking space and sped all the way to her house. The car ride was silent, nobody was talking and the radio wasn't even on. It was awkward as hell.

"Thank you for tonight, I had fun. Goodnight." She mumbled before getting out of the car. I watched as she walked up the porch and used her key to get in. Once she was safely inside, I drove off and headed home.

***

"Wake up."

"Jerome."

"Jerome."

"Jerome wake up."

"Jerome."

"Jerome!"

"Jerome!"

"Jerome get up!"

Somebody had been calling my name for the past ten minutes and I thought I was dreaming until my body was shoved off my bed. I woke up confused as hell until I opened my eyes and saw Mookie hovering over me. "Are you okay?" She asked, trying to help me up.

She had on a pair of pajama shorts and a tank top. Something must be wrong for her to have come all the way over here in the middle of the night, half dressed.

"What's going on? What are you doing here? How did you get in here? What's wrong? Everybody alright?" I asked, picking myself up from the ground.

"Nothing is wrong. Everybody is fine." She replied simply.

"Well .. why are you here?" I asked. I wasn't trying to be rude to her but it was three in the morning and I had to be up for practice in less than an hour.

"I couldn't sleep because I've been up thinking about what you said tonight." She shrugged as she sat down on the bed beside me. "And you were right." She added. I raised my eyebrow at her, but didn't say anything. "You've been great to me since I "broke up" with you. Today at the movies you actually showed me how much you've grown in the time we weren't together. I appreciate you for being patient with me and not pressuring me to be with you. Although I'm scared, I do wanna give us another try."

"You for real?" I asked with a small smile on my face.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Well, I was planning on giving you this earlier but I guess I can give it to you now. To make things official." I told her as I got the Tiffany's bag from my dresser and handed it to her.

I watched as she took the box out of the bag and popped open the top of the box. I couldn't help but to smile as I watched her face light up. By the expression on her face, I could tell she liked it.

"Aw, this is so cute." She laughed as she took it out of the box. "Put it on me babe." She said excitedly as she held up her hair and turned away from me. Once I had it secured around her neck she turned to hug me. "I love it, thank you Jerome." She grinned before grabbing my face and kissing me.

"It's real so you better not lose it." I mumbled as I gripped her thigh.

"I'll never take it off babe." She told me as she straddled me and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I love you." She smiled.

"I love you more Noonie." I mumbled against her lips. I finally got my girl back and I wasn't letting nobody fuck this up. Not even myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386K 11.8K 53
Some of the chapters are private so press follow. Sequel to broken promises. To show somebody tough love today will save them a heartache in the fu...
764K 31K 60
DISCRETION SERIES - Stand Alone - BOOK #5 ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ " I only trust you, Tesoro.. " He muttered once again, not budging when I tried to pull...
8.3K 301 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...
13.9K 365 20
Explicit Story. Andrea gets involved with a big time drug dealer who she dropped out of school to be with. After he beats her the first time she lea...